AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: is love real?

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 09:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    There we are again, the word biased. The word biased can not be used against subjective opinions, since literally it means that they are opinions. You said this: "Maybe your opinions are opinions?"

People are naturally biased, and they are supposed to be. Government officials, and dictionaries are supposed to be objective. You shouldn't use words you hear on TV in internet discussions, if you don't fully grasp what they mean.
    The fact is I learned that word in Algebra Class.

And the way I used it was like so;

Would you support further funding for the school band?

Who would be the less biased of the two opinions?

1) The people who hand out near/around and with/are the people who play instruments or dive into music as a main part of their life.

or

2) General people in the cafeteria.

1 or 2?

That's easy, 2.

Why? Because they aren't initially 'total music people' there as it would seem that the other would have.

And when it comes to Alter's opinion, I would know, he's had bad experiences with this topic.

Is love real? This is the question being asked, and when asking Alter his opinion is biased based on the fact he had bad experiences with it. That's WHAT MAKES HIS OPINION.

That would make mine biased too, ME BEING IN LOVE.

But that is also countered by my experiences, I believed in love before I fell into it, so the fact is it's the same opinion as before.

So before you question how I use my words, please think a bit farther into what I'm trying to say.

I know it can be said that all opinions are biased, but the fact remains that there are some that are even more biased then others and you can't deny that. That is what is being inferred when I say;

Heh, maybe your opinion is biased, based on your personal experiences? Those who have lost love tend to try to push it away, or just crave more.
    Because those who have had bad experiences with it are more leaning towards anything negative related to it.

Mainly the question of it's existence in this discussion.

But that's how humans are, and that's what I have said.

Whew... Thank you for your time and the nice chat. ^^

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by shane the ninja View Post
    is love real? or just aword we use to make people feel good?
    No, love is just a mean invented by the aliens to control our minds through this 'feeling good'.
    The less attentive we are in the matter of outer space, the higher are the chances the aliens to find some alienated people who are just 'feeling good' and who are not prepared for such an invasion.

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2014 09:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkatex View Post
    No, love is just a mean invented by the aliens to control our minds through this 'feeling good'.
    The less attentive we are in the matter of outer space, the higher are the chances the aliens to find some alienated people who are just 'feeling good' and who are not prepared for such an invasion.
    Tin-foil caps anyone?

>.>''

Sarcasm, I guess that must exist too. :/

xD

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Cookie Wine Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2014 06:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

love is half real, halp fake. it's when you care about someone more that you wanna live. but love brings alot of pain...
    Onew by Ωmega
    "If my joy brings you happiness, I am thankful"

Brobocop Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2014 02:02 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsanosuke View Post
    The fact is I learned that word in Algebra Class.

And the way I used it was like so;

Would you support further funding for the school band?

Who would be the less biased of the two opinions?

1) The people who hand out near/around and with/are the people who play instruments or dive into music as a main part of their life.

or

2) General people in the cafeteria.

1 or 2?

That's easy, 2.

Why? Because they aren't initially 'total music people' there as it would seem that the other would have.
    That's not the same thing. You can be biased from the general opinion, if you're conducting a statistical survey, sure. Everyone will be that (which is exactly why you can't use biased in this context). If you ask people at the cafeteria, you're more likely to get answers closer to the general opinion (because they're presumably not a homogeneous group), but you're really chasing a ghost--average people only exist in mathematics.

As I've said on countless occasions, neutrality is a virtue you should demand of judges and dictionaries, not people on the street.

In any case, this is a philosophical debate, so the word biased can't even be applied! Philosophy has no absolute truths, it has no proofs -- it's about how you interpret what you see and feel.
    Last edited by Eris; 03-20-2007 at 03:24 PM.
    D:

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love is as real as you want it to be. If it doesn't mean anything to you then it's not. To some people love can cause them to feel things physically. To people like that, it's very real. I personally see it as real.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Junior Member animeP is on a distinguished road animeP's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2007 04:27 AM
    Threads

God is love..therefore to say love isn't real is to say God isn't real..

therefore...love is real!

tuxedo mask shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja is a splendid one to behold shane the ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 07:07 PM
    Threads

love stinks
    Destined to be alone for ever.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    That's not the same thing. You can be biased from the general opinion, if you're conducting a statistical survey, sure. Everyone will be that (which is exactly why you can't use biased in this context). If you ask people at the cafeteria, you're more likely to get answers closer to the general opinion (because they're presumably not a homogeneous group), but you're really chasing a ghost--average people only exist in mathematics.

As I've said on countless occasions, neutrality is a virtue you should demand of judges and dictionaries, not people on the street.

In any case, this is a philosophical debate, so the word biased can't even be applied! Philosophy has no absolute truths, it has no proofs -- it's about how you interpret what you see and feel.
    Love is real, and it is what one feels for Eris' justified semantics bashings.

If it's not that, then it's not love.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information