AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fWhat did you think of the full metal alchemist movie?

Hybrid View

Senior Member Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime has a brilliant future Yasuke Shodaime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2009 03:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish I had a Wii

Post fWhat did you think of the full metal alchemist movie?

It was ok but I didn't like that ed and al had to stay on the other side of the gate but at least the nazi's can't take over the world what was with that anyway

Member BloodWrath is an unknown quantity at this point BloodWrath's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2007 01:53 AM
    Threads

it kinda sucked when Ed said he had to go back to close the gate on our side. He didn't have to! i think the people left of our side could manage to close it. He was supposed to stay with Winry. thats about the only thing i have a problem with tho. Otherwise, great movie! Lotsa action, the plot actually pertains to the main story of the anime(unlike the InuYasha movies), and a history lesson to boot!
    "The Philosopher's Stone. Those who possess it, no longer bound by the laws of Equivalent Exchange in alchemy. May gain without sacrifice, create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it." -Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist

Sisters: Kitty Demon, Stella, kiss of death

Member narian is a name known to all narian is a name known to all narian is a name known to all narian is a name known to all narian is a name known to all narian is a name known to all narian's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-07-2007 01:08 PM
    Threads

Its really good, you can check out my thread to watch the whole thin in English.

Senior Member katrina03 is an unknown quantity at this point katrina03's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 12:06 AM
    land of the rising moon...PHILIPPINES!!!;)
    Threads

It's Good...really!^^
    and i don't want the world to see me,
    'coz i don't think that they'd understand...
    when everything was made to be broken,
    i just want you to know who i am...

Great Scythe Wielder Kamatari will become famous soon enough Kamatari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2007 05:03 PM
    Threads

Hahaha! Well, I didn't like the movie that much because Envy (my favorite character) winded up kicking the can =P But it WAS a good movie anyway.

.:Green with Envy:.

Iíve come to apply for the job of evil minion.

Junior Member Narzul is a name known to all Narzul is a name known to all Narzul is a name known to all Narzul is a name known to all Narzul is a name known to all Narzul is a name known to all Narzul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-15-2007 08:06 AM
    Threads

it was a good movie only there was one thing i didnt like and it was all that thing with the nazis couse they should have sent not people in metal cans but tanks to "shambala" but i liked the way the creators of the anime and movie used the legend of Shambala (which exist the legend that is and it says that the gates to shambala are in the aztec piramids and that people in shambala can fly and do magic and stuff and thers even a guy who claims he was there) but besides the stupidety of the nazis and the fact Gludnny died couse i liked him the movie was very good ow and thanks for the link Kamatari =D

Junior Member Cri_Moon is on a distinguished road Cri_Moon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2007 09:33 PM
    In my mind, eating Chicken Flavored Romen.
    Threads

Eh, it sucked. I love the series, adore the Manga, and even though I enjoy Ouran High School Host Club now, FullMetal alchemist will always be my favorite.

But I'll be damned if they don't need another season and a re-make of the movie.

First of all, the whole thing was practically centered around Noah-a random character that was probabley only thrown in there for the sake of having a Rose Alter-and made everyone in the movie OOC.

Second of all, after these two brothers who share such a deep bond and have only had each other for years and years are seperated for 24 months, THIS is what happens:

Ed: Ow, damn that really hurt. *Sits up.*
    Winry, Al, Sheska: *Run up.*
    Ed: Winry? Hi Winry!
    Winry: *Glomp.* HI ED! I missed you!
    Ed: *Blush blush.*
    Al: *Clears throat.*
    Ed: Huh? Oh, hi Al.
    Sheska: *Is ignored.*

Didn't that piss ANYONE off?! Geez!

Thrid of all, JUST LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOM<E CHARACTERS THEY KILLED OFF JSUT SO THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO TIE UP LOOSE ENDS!

1. Hohenheim
    2. Izumi
    3. Wrath
    4. Gluttony
    5. Heidrich

... I won't add Envy simply for the fact that I hate HATE H-A-T-E!!!! him.

Finally...

ED AND AL ARE STUCK IN OUR WORLD WITHOUT ALCHEMY! I mean, sure, they're together, but what was a key factor in the whole series was STRIPPED FROM THE DUDE IN THE TITLE! 'FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST'!!!!

ALCHEMIST!

Not FULLROCKET ENGINERE!!!!

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!

><###.... ^^ So yeah. I quite disliked this production. It just seemed... rushed.

Member Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus has much to be proud of Carus Mortuus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2007 05:53 PM
    Threads

I loved the movie! It was great. Although it would have been so much better if the Elric brothers could have stayed on their side of the gate. They have so many more friends on their side and Al would have to get used to the other side. I also agree with Cri Moon about how it contradicts or ruins the title. Although did anyone notice Ed could use alchemy when his blood hit the circle? But that could've worked because Envy was there. It seemed like they needed Envy to make the circle work with the Hoenhimes blood. Oh yeah, I missed some of the series, why does Roy have an eyepatch?!

Rep. would be much appreciated if you like my post <3

A little about me ^^
    Fave quote: "A mind without purpose walks in dark places."
    Fave colors: Crimson, Emerald, and Black.
    Major Yaoi and Yuri fan.
    Music lover.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

'Oh yeah, I missed some of the series, why does Roy have an eyepatch?!'

Frank Archer shot his eye after saving Fuhrer King Bradley's son (he fought Pride-Bradley-and killed him, but was badly wounded), luckily being saved by Hawkeye. Sorry if you didn't want that much of a spoiler.

Dark Angel from Hell Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389 has a reputation beyond repute Hitsugaya389's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2008 09:20 PM
    Threads

It was kinda sad when they stayed and when the other al died. the lady with the blond hair is creapy and crazy! she is like on crack!
    I'm Back~!

Sorry I was gone so long! I had so much to do!

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

I like the movie,especially since it continues from end of series...
    It's not as good as series,but it's still pretty good...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i love the movie...its really good!!!^^

Senior Member Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules has a reputation beyond repute Hellsing-Rules's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2008 09:51 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: dont have one yet

awsome the best movie ever made i want to get it on dvd im going on amazon to get it =)
    This sigs was made by a girl named ♥Miss.Bun Bun♥

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

The movie was alright, in my opinion. xP
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah, you're right!!!^^

Junior Member joshlp is on a distinguished road joshlp's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2009 06:00 PM
    Threads

it was good
    RAPTERS FAN

Senior Member Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams has a reputation beyond repute Fragile.Dreams's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-29-2007 11:59 PM
    Threads

There are so many 3 word posts in this topic.
    Sheesh.
    Rules anyone?

This is not the best movie ever made, nor is it the best anime movie ever made.

The movie was ok, and only ok.
    I agree it seemed rushed and the ending really ruined it for me.|
    The series is amazing...the final episode of the series was overly annoying.
    It almost seems they can make ANOTHER series after this movie.
    I really hope they don't.

I really did find the two sides of the gate thing annoying after awhile.

Oh well.
    *shrugs*

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2013 01:00 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

The movie was--Okayish...It wasn't good, it wasn't great-but it wasn't bad either. I think they could have done one *hell* of a lot better...but what are you gonna do?

Noah should have been kicked out...Ugh..Talk about your friggen Mary-Sues-she's the epitome of that!

The brother's should have been able to remain home in Amerstris where they belong. Our world is not something they're cut out for. And-as someone mentioned earlier, what are they without Alchemy?

It didn't really tie up loose ends the way it should have. It was more like a rushed two-hour climax ending where they just decided to end it with some kind of messed up closure...But yea...That's all I have to say.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2014 01:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by かごめ View Post
    The brother's should have been able to remain home in Amerstris where they belong. Our world is not something they're cut out for. And-as someone mentioned earlier, what are they without Alchemy?
    They're in-the-flesh brothers again, that's what they are. Remember that Ed and Al were seperated at the ending of the anime. Alchemy was the thing that screwed them up in the first place. They continued to pursue alchemy so that they could make themselfs back to the way they used to be. Infact, that was the main back-bone plot to the anime.

Sure, they loved alchemy as children, but now they have what they really always wanted. They're probably not complaining.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, boy, the other people who disliked this movie are gonna LOVE this.

Ya know how the whole thing seemed kinda pieced together, like it was done by different people and thrown on to a screen in a quicky-ending?

IT WAS. Six different people were assigned a section of the movie, got it done, slapped the six different parts of the movie together, and called it the end to FullMetal Alchemist.

That pisses me off. Sure, you can have six people work on it, 'cause it's a big production that needs at least that many people. BUT FOR PETE'S SAKE PEOPLE, AT LEAST WORK TOGETHER! Don't run off, draw something, come back, throw it together, call it a movie, and not even CONSIDER the fact that some fans might want the creators to actually discuss a plotline! ><;;;

Even the OVA's don't make up for that...

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2013 01:00 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cri_Moon View Post
    Oh, boy, the other people who disliked this movie are gonna LOVE this.

Ya know how the whole thing seemed kinda pieced together, like it was done by different people and thrown on to a screen in a quicky-ending?

IT WAS. Six different people were assigned a section of the movie, got it done, slapped the six different parts of the movie together, and called it the end to FullMetal Alchemist.

That pisses me off. Sure, you can have six people work on it, 'cause it's a big production that needs at least that many people. BUT FOR PETE'S SAKE PEOPLE, AT LEAST WORK TOGETHER! Don't run off, draw something, come back, throw it together, call it a movie, and not even CONSIDER the fact that some fans might want the creators to actually discuss a plotline! ><;;;

Even the OVA's don't make up for that...
    Actually-I knew that. The end sequence was done by one guy who did the very beginning sequence also, and the one with Gluttony vs. Wrath in the middle of the movie. Watch the extras again and geta clue. They explain that.

Sides...EVERY fuxin anime has a number of different aimators working on it in that same way. EVEN the FMA anime has more then one art-work scheme. Get over it...x.x
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Stick Master unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun has a reputation beyond repute unspun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2010 02:51 PM
    Threads

I liked it, no complaints here!

Get crazy with the cheezwiz

[I like cookies & beer]

Senior Member Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist has a spectacular aura about Star Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2009 12:39 PM
    Central City - Or whatever district I'm stationed.
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Taylor11x

The movie served its purpose. To explain the fate of the characters. Just like the last episode served its purpose. Which would be to set up for the movie. FMA is known for having main characters get killed off, so I have no complaints for some of them dying, because simply they were living on borrowed time. Izumi, Wrath(Since he wasn't eating any more red stones) hohenheim... They were all living on borrowed time, so it is natural for them to die. In a sense, All of the people who were suppose to die in the Anime but didn't end up dying in the movie. I would have licked to see Roy more, maybe even seen Envy in his regular form. Even though I wish Alphonse H. didn't die... But there cannot be two Alphonse's on one side of the gate... None the less I thought it was a good movie for a great Anime. Better than most OVA's out there. That and the opening and ending themes were excellent. 8/10

"Be thou for the people..."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is slightly off topic, and people who liked the movie probably stopped reading this post the moment they saw my username since I've practically screamed 'it sucked' the whole time, but if you still are reading, check this out;

http://cryogenia.livejournal.com/155498.html

XDD I read that before I saw the movie, read it afterwards, and read it just now; It made me like it a little bit more. I would now rate it a 4/10, just because of that.

Junior Member Wateria will become famous soon enough Wateria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2007 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: don't have one

Default Shamballa

I loved it!!!! I don't see who wouldn't. Unless your not a die hard fullmetal fan. It's sad that Ed and Al won't get to see there friends again but hopefully it'll all come out alright in the end.

Shamballa's my favorite movie of all anime movies. I love seeing Ed with a ponytail and Al's just to cute.

I'm a completely Fullmetal Freak!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information