AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has Tenchi Muyo ever confused you?

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 01:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by w yǔ View Post
    o_O.. All this is news to me. Though, it may be a continuation, I don't think it'd be the same.
    Of course it won't be the same...It's a continuation that came about a good ten years after the fact. But-a continiuation it is. It finally finishes the Goddess Tokimi story line.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    I believe Manatsu no Eve/Daughter of Darkness, the 2nd movie is more in sync with the OAV continuity.
    If that was the case the Mihoshi's GP partner Kiyone wouldn't be involved in the Masaki household. And she was. So it's not.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

Member animeotaku15 will become famous soon enough animeotaku15's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 05:42 PM
    Threads

Tenchi Muyo always seemed to confuse me because the storyline would always change. Like, the way Tenchi originally met the girls changes in some series. But, nonetheless, I liked the show. I think it was the second or third anime that I watched. Hmmm, memories.....

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

... That was confusing. That. Right there.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Member canta per me is just really nice canta per me is just really nice canta per me is just really nice canta per me is just really nice canta per me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 05:25 PM
    Threads

I can't say that Tenchi Muyo has ever really confused me. Maybe there were a few times I didn't not agree with the story line and how things happened, but there is nothing I can do about that. Overall I really like the Tenchi series, its one of my all time favorites.

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well. We can't always agree with what happens in an anime/manga.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Member animeotaku15 will become famous soon enough animeotaku15's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 05:42 PM
    Threads

Exactly. It's the creator's brain.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by animeotaku15 View Post
    Exactly. It's the creator's brain.
    Hn.. :/ I'd agree with that. To dislike a certain anime/manga also is to discriminate the creator's mind.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 05:25 PM
    The Land That Public Transport Forgot, Great Britain :)
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The OVA 3 confuses me. I don't understand some of the wild changes in continuity or the sudden and random information dumps that it seems to incorporate :S Why Mihoshi's brother is suddenly deserving of more air time than Ayeka bewilders me totally...and Noike...aside from an attempt to be a Kiyone substitute, I don't understand the need for her at all...

Otherwise, no. It's fairly easy to follow, so long as you know which continuity which show/series/film belongs to (if any!) That can be confusing if you happen to see random episodes and you don't know which are OVA or TV series or Shin TV series or whatever...

Ryouko and Ryou-ou-ki have similar names because they start with the same kanji, that's all. In Japanese, the names don't look that similar - the first character is the same but otherwise not. It seems to happen a lot in Japanese, with names sounding similar but using such different Kanji...they don't seem to mind too much if names sound alike

Manatsu No Eve is in conjunction with the OVA 1 as a continuity. The lady who wrote the novels of which MNE is one was the screenplay writer for the OVA 1. She and Kajishima-san parted ways after that. So the OVA 2 goes off on a different route.

But it is based on the OVA continuity. Kiyone was introduced and created by Hasegawa in her novels, and this seems to be the reason she doesn't appear in the OVA series at all.

Vraie
    Last edited by VraieEsprit; 08-16-2007 at 06:56 AM.
    Vraie's Tenchi Muyou & Fushigi Yuugi Fanfiction at FFnet
    ----------------------------
    遥かなる時空の中で
    Reasons why the Hachiyou should never come to the Miko's world #1

泰明:問題ない。神子の世界では和歌ではなくカラオケなるものをするそうだ。
    永泉:空の。。。
    頼久:桶?!
    -----------------------------
    Avatar: Nakamoto Shou from Sotsugyou M.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by VraieEsprit View Post
    The OVA 3 confuses me. I don't understand some of the wild changes in continuity or the sudden and random information dumps that it seems to incorporate :S Why Mihoshi's brother is suddenly deserving of more air time than Ayeka bewilders me totally...and Noike...aside from an attempt to be a Kiyone substitute, I don't understand the need for her at all...

Otherwise, no. It's fairly easy to follow, so long as you know which continuity which show/series/film belongs to (if any!) That can be confusing if you happen to see random episodes and you don't know which are OVA or TV series or Shin TV series or whatever...

Ryouko and Ryou-ou-ki have similar names because they start with the same kanji, that's all. In Japanese, the names don't look that similar - the first character is the same but otherwise not. It seems to happen a lot in Japanese, with names sounding similar but using such different Kanji...they don't seem to mind too much if names sound alike

Manatsu No Eve is in conjunction with the OVA 1 as a continuity. The lady who wrote the novels of which MNE is one was the screenplay writer for the OVA 1. She and Kajishima-san parted ways after that. So the OVA 2 goes off on a different route.

But it is based on the OVA continuity. Kiyone was introduced and created by Hasegawa in her novels, and this seems to be the reason she doesn't appear in the OVA series at all.

Vraie
    Hm.. I think it's half the time that the OVA and the OVA continuity's are most of the time more confusing for some people if they haven't been up to date with the manga and anime. Though, honestly, those events did occur, some people may not know WHY they occurred and such. And that is probably because they haven't seen previous episodes. x_X

VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit has a reputation beyond repute VraieEsprit's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The Tenchi Muyou manga has nothing to do with the anime as far as I'm aware - it's all spinoff material but none of it is actually canon, since TM began as an anime and not as a manga. I do know that the SHIN novels are considered canon (although I have a few issues with that myself, since the...er...I think it's Yosho's talks about him and Ayeka being engaged when he's twelve and she's four, though in the OVA 1 anime Yosho is clearly fully grown when Ayeka is that age...).

To be honest the truth of it is the OVA series has changed pathways many times. Some original sources hint that in the beginning Tenchi was meant to end up with Ryoko and that's the impression you get from the Manatsu No Eve book which was written as I said by Hasegawa Naoko. There's always been some rumour that the difference in creative opinion that stopped Hasegawa and Kajishima from working together on TM! was to do with that, but I don't know if it's true.

The OVA 1 and 2 are stellar series, particularly OVA 1. The OVA 3...I think it's a shame to be honest that Kajishima seemed to have decided to go down the route of trying to show that Makibi Kiyone was not his character. The series spends too long "replacing" her with Noike, then fleshing out Noike to try and make her believable, rather than focusing on the original character relationships and furthering their development in the plot. The introduction of Z is also very random - he has such potential as a character but not long enough to really develop in any way. His flashback information is not really as relevant as it could be - there's a lot of weird stuff like that in the third OVA which seems to me to be a sad waste of screen time.

I'm not an Ayeka fan but I felt really sad when I saw OVA 3 and realised how much she'd been marginalised in particular. Ryoko at least had a part to play...but Ayeka might as well have been the wallpaper for all she mattered :S

The OVA 3 has some good themes but they're often wasted in the pursuit of Noike's development and other irrelevances like Makibi Mashisu and Kuramitsu Misao.

And the continuity things do bother me...particularly Tenchi's mother. Because if she's the age they say she is, and she died of old age...why is it that her father - living on the same planet, with the same Juraian blood - is still very much alive?

There are too many illogical things like that and I have a bad habit of thinking too hard about them - I don't think I ever just sit and watch a show and accept what's on the screen without thinking about it. Perhaps that makes me hyper-picky, I don't know. But even so, it is a shame the OVA went down that path.

It just shows a distinct lack of prioritising in my opinion. That's all. I suppose that's the confusion for me. Not the plot itself, but why certain themes and characters were given so much expansion times when so many of the original plots and themes were pushed aside :S

Vraie
    遥かなる時空の中で

Junior Member Trident_Spear is on a distinguished road Trident_Spear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 10:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by VraieEsprit View Post
    The Tenchi Muyou manga has nothing to do with the anime as far as I'm aware - it's all spinoff material but none of it is actually canon, since TM began as an anime and not as a manga.
    It's not canon because different guys worked on it and that the manga contradicts the later story in the anime.

Something being of a different medium does not automatically disqualify it from one continuity or another. The Matrix movies and the extensions of those stories in other formats by those guys can attest to this.

To be honest the truth of it is the OVA series has changed pathways many times. Some original sources hint that in the beginning Tenchi was meant to end up with Ryoko
    Citation please or is this another made up fact?

I'm not an Ayeka fan but I felt really sad when I saw OVA 3 and realised how much she'd been marginalised in particular.
    As opposed to how much she has been marginalized in all the other series.

As an Aeka fan, I was happy to hear she has been shown as a loving older sister so when I do watch it, I think it will come out that the people who don't even like her character will have overexaggerated what OAV "did to her."

And the continuity things do bother me...particularly Tenchi's mother. Because if she's the age they say she is, and she died of old age...why is it that her father - living on the same planet, with the same Juraian blood - is still very much alive?
    Without Jurain water, Jurains die of old age. Aeka discussed this with Yosho in episode 5, Funaho with Yosho in episode 13 - it's not news, when Jurains don't drink their water, they age and die. Maybe this was the case. Jurains can refuse to drink Jurain water and die. I'm not even sure why Kiyone died or where this came up?

But did Ayeka believe Yosho was old because she was a complete idiot and believed in something that cannot happen? Also, Yosho did not die because Ryoko's gems were keeping him alive, something he only found out by surprise. He said this to Funaho directly. It's in the anime itself!

Perhaps that makes me hyper-picky, I don't know.
    Selective memory is indeed a dangerous thing.
    Last edited by Trident_Spear; 08-24-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Trident_Spear View Post
    It's not canon because different guys worked on it and that the manga contradicts the later story in the anime.

Something being of a different medium does not automatically disqualify it from one continuity or another. The Matrix movies and the extensions of those stories in other formats by those guys can attest to this.

Citation please or is this another made up fact?

As opposed to how much she has been marginalized in all the other series.

As an Aeka fan, I was happy to hear she has been shown as a loving older sister so when I do watch it, I think it will come out that the people who don't even like her character will have overexaggerated what OAV "did to her."

Without Jurain water, Jurains die of old age. Aeka discussed this with Yosho in episode 5, Funaho with Yosho in episode 13 - it's not news, when Jurains don't drink their water, they age and die. Maybe this was the case. Jurains can refuse to drink Jurain water and die. I'm not even sure why Kiyone died or where this came up?

But did Ayeka believe Yosho was old because she was a complete idiot and believed in something that cannot happen? Also, Yosho did not die because Ryoko's gems were keeping him alive, something he only found out by surprise. He said this to Funaho directly. It's in the anime itself!

Selective memory is indeed a dangerous thing.
    En. Honestly I shall say this now. No matter what they are, they are only animes. If they are confusing, don't watch them or read the mangas if you cannot understand. Because one point leads to another and you will only become more confused.

Junior Member Trident_Spear is on a distinguished road Trident_Spear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 10:25 PM
    Threads

It's anime I'm addicted to for the last 2 years

I think the major storylines are easy to keep track of.

Senior Member Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy! has a reputation beyond repute Spiffy!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 07:54 PM
    Threads

I was actually really young when I was watching it, on cartoon network's toonami. So yeah, it did confuse me for the most part because I never really knew what was going on. I liked it anyway and stuck with watching the show until it didn't show anymore. haha
    I try to digest my pride
    But passions grip I fear
    When I climb into shallow vats of wine
    I think I almost hear...
    but it's not clear.
    (credit for sig = Sasuke Clan)
    wanna join my family? PM me! ^.^

Junior Member FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy is a glorious beacon of light FelineBoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2007 10:52 PM
    Threads

When I was younger, watching it confused me. Now, I understand it, but it still makes no sense.

Call me stupid, but is it just me or is Tenchi GXP a completely different storyline from every other one? Sure seems that way.
    You do not need a weapon, for your body can be a weapon.

Junior Member Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness is a splendid one to behold Rose_Of_Darkness's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 02:03 AM
    Threads

yea it did confuse me at first. like is tenchi inlove with Aiaka or Ryoko?

Fallen Soldier from Hell Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon has a reputation beyond repute Gaarademon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2008 08:40 AM
    Threads

when I first started watching it....it confused me
    Are you Experienced?

Junior Member Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2007 07:39 PM
    Threads

i remember when i watching in on toonami i was so confused, probably because they cut it so much. i just resently got all the boxsets and i understood it completely.
    DANANANANADANANANANA BADMAN!

Junior Member Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma is infamous around these parts Riaru_Buruma's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2007 07:39 PM
    Threads

Because if she's the age they say she is, and she died of old age...why is it that her father - living on the same planet, with the same Juraian blood - is still very much alive?
    i thought she died from a sickness?
    DANANANANADANANANANA BADMAN!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

In the OVA 3 it's clearly stated that she just died of old age. ^_^.

OVA 3 is shot to hell full of holes though, so I guess that's just gonna be another one...

GXP is a spinoff based in the OVA universe, but to be more accurate it's based in the OVA3 universe where all bets are off regarding continuity *lol*
    遥かなる時空の中で

Member Shinigami Hilde will become famous soon enough Shinigami Hilde's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2012 04:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Rose_Of_Darkness View Post
    yea it did confuse me at first. like is tenchi inlove with Aiaka or Ryoko?
    Niether. Tenchi never falls in love with ANY of the rampent alien chicks that invade his house.

None of the series' ever confused me...The manga was a spin off from the OAV. Universe, Tokyo, Pretty Sammy, GXP and the OAV were all in their own "universes" and had nothing to do with one another in reality. Though the OAV 2 is supposed to be the ending continuation of the original OAV.
    It's All About The Beret!

Member bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7 has a reputation beyond repute bri_hime7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 01:48 AM
    Threads

Here's a site that might help:
    http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/

I once found another site that had a more in-depth timeline, but this site is very good too. (^^) In fact, you can find a timeline if you click on Section 3 -> Articles.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information