AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Has Tenchi Muyo ever confused you?

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 09:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Has Tenchi Muyo ever confused you?

When I was new to the series it confused me a lot. Firstly, Ryoki and
    Ryo-oh-ki shouldn't have had such similar names and Ryoki didn't need a look a like. Now of course, I understand, but has Tenchi Muyo (any version) ever confused you?

Such A Mad World Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Moonlight Dreamer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-07-2008 07:47 PM
    Threads

No, It hasn't confused me until washu came in. I don't remember much of it.
    I Need Good Reputation

And A Signature

Please Help.

Senior Member philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2007 12:40 PM
    Pittsburgh (enter bad joke about location here)
    Threads

Thumbs down

Finally, someone who can bs Tenchi Muyo stuff with me!

alright, in Pretty Sammy, Sasami is apparently Tenchi's little sister, but how come in the end of the special Mihoshi special they're kissing romantically?
    Has ANYONE ever wondered this?!
    My jpop seems to keep me warm at night.

iF YOU CAN READ THIS KANJI, YOU MAY ALREADY QUALIFY...

Junior Member The $$60 Billion Man will become famous soon enough The $$60 Billion Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2008 12:37 PM
    Threads

Me neither.

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 02:18 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: WTF?You kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    Ryo-oh-ki shouldn't have had such similar names and Ryoki didn't need a look a like. Now of course, I understand, but has Tenchi Muyo (any version) ever confused you?
    Um...Okay first- it's RYOKO and RYO-OKII. The only thing similar in the names is Ryo, which is in place of Oni. They are named that way because they were created off of the same stuff. The alien Mass, and they are sisters in that right.

Quote Originally Posted by philippine102 View Post
    Finally, someone who can bs Tenchi Muyo stuff with me!

alright, in Pretty Sammy, Sasami is apparently Tenchi's little sister, but how come in the end of the special Mihoshi special they're kissing romantically?
    Has ANYONE ever wondered this?!
    Second-The Pretty Sammy series and the Pretty Sammy in the OAV and in Universe are COMPLETELY different.

The Pretty Sammy series is it's own Tenchi spin-off, with it's own plot line and it's own issues where-Yes, Tenchi IS Sasami's brother.

Pretty Sammy in Mihoshi's Special in the OAV is a figment of Mihoshi's imagination created by her as she's telling the gang an old story of one of the greatest hiests that she was involved in. In that version *NONE* of the characters are related-and Mihoshi was merely using them to illistrate the people in the tale-because she couldn't reveal who the actual people were-or-she forgot their names...which is entirely possible. ¨¨

In the Universe version Pretty Sammy is Sasami's eyeview of a perfect world that she created when everyone messed around with Washu's new machine.

So, they are ALL different and have NOTHING to do with each other.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である
    We all must fight; to protect, to survive, to keep alive what we believe in.

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 10:15 PM
    Threads

All of it confuses me O.o
    I don't understand any of the relationships between Tenchi and everyone else.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2014 12:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Quote Originally Posted by Assasin View Post
    All of it confuses me O.o
    I don't understand any of the relationships between Tenchi and everyone else.
    The only actual relation Tenchi has to anyone is that his grandfather was Ayaka's elder brother (if I remember correctly) and was supposed to marry her (kinda like in the Egyptian times). Which would make (if you really think about it) Ayaka and Sasami his great aunts.
    Ryo-Okii was originally Ryoko's ship...and Ryoko came to earth because she was being chased by Ayaka (seeing as how Ryoko was a space pirate). Her "relation" with Tenchi is completly accidental. Washu is Ryoko's "mom" and blah, blah, blah

緑巫女 かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ has a reputation beyond repute かごめ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    The only actual relation Tenchi has to anyone is that his grandfather was Ayeka's elder brother (if I remember correctly) and was supposed to marry her (kinda like in the Egyptian times). Which would make (if you really think about it) Ayeka and Sasami his great aunts.
    Ryo-Okii was originally Ryoko's ship...and Ryoko came to earth because she was being chased by Ayaka (seeing as how Ryoko was a space pirate). Her "relation" with Tenchi is completly accidental. Washu is Ryoko's "mom" and blah, blah, blah
    Actually-it was Yosho, Ayeka's half brother who chased Ryoko to Earth...but anyway--The weird thing about this series is EVERYONE Save for Mihoshi's partner Kiyone, is related to everyone else. It's a HUGE family tree.
    I love Inuyasha character Kagome to death, but there are times I just want to beat the girl over the head with a 9 iron.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 04:18 AM
    Threads

i under stand each series as i see it. it isn't hard for me to muddle things out as i watch.
    but what does confuse me is why each series has absoulitly no relation to any other.
    (I understand Pretty Sammy is a spin-off with a mashup of magic-girl thrown in for good mesure.) but that don't explain universe, or even Tokyo as their storylines vary from the OVA.
    (Havn't seen Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-oki yet so i hope it follows the origional story.)

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 08:00 PM
    Threads

Ryo-Oh-ki and Ryoki I do believe are the same, as from what I know. >__> But correct me if I'm wrong..xP
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Junior Member Shonijuri Mazombi will become famous soon enough Shonijuri Mazombi will become famous soon enough Shonijuri Mazombi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2007 05:24 PM
    Threads

yes i have been confused sometimes by tenchis actions once in a while mostly in his love life he never really makes a clear directions but i think thats whats keeps the story line going i havent seen the newest series tho hope to see it soon

Senior Member Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu has a reputation beyond repute Sawada Ieyasu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah. It ain't confusing. But, one thing, I don't like how they ended it. - -;
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope...

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 05:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mythroch View Post
    i under stand each series as i see it. it isn't hard for me to muddle things out as i watch.
    but what does confuse me is why each series has absoulitly no relation to any other.
    (I understand Pretty Sammy is a spin-off with a mashup of magic-girl thrown in for good mesure.) but that don't explain universe, or even Tokyo as their storylines vary from the OVA.
    (Havn't seen Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-oki yet so i hope it follows the origional story.)
    The author just decided to create parallel universes where the set up was slightly different but still quite similar. The author has a huge fascination with parallel universes as can be seen by the other work he wrote, Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure which focuses on parallel universes.

The only tenchi muyos directly and conclusively continuating of the other is (i believe) the first and second OVAs where the second is a direct sequeal to the first.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Member kayura will become famous soon enough kayura will become famous soon enough kayura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2008 03:09 PM
    Threads

nope, not confusing. it was a pretty cool show. i watched it on cartoon network a few years back. FLCL. now that's confusing! but very fun to watch

"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death, why not just live your life beautifully to the end?"
    -Gin (Gin Tama)

"Are you kidding me? Any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulfur takes a huge level of endurance. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer."
    -Loki (Dogma)

Junior Member Raine Arikado will become famous soon enough Raine Arikado's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2007 11:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mythroch View Post
    hey i'm new here but here goes. i have seen two series thet do kinda tie into each other. the ryo-ohki series and the gxp series. (if you havn't seen them this next part is a spoiler) at the end of the ryo-ohki series on the last episode they make a mention about seina and fuku. who are from the gxp series.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayura View Post
    nope, not confusing. it was a pretty cool show. i watched it on cartoon network a few years back. FLCL. now that's confusing! but very fun to watch
    i really don,t see how you find it confusing unless you,ve had to jump aroun with the episodes. i hate to say it but imyself have had to do that and never really got too confused. and yes furi kuri is confusing, but it is an awsome show.
    Last edited by Ollie; 06-14-2007 at 12:59 AM. Reason: double post merge.

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 11:55 AM
    Threads

Yes... Tenchi GXP... I do not get it.

china girl onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess has a reputation beyond repute onigiri princess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 11:55 AM
    .♥.♠.♣.♦England (transferred last year).♥.♠.♣.♦
    Threads

Well at the beginning with ryoko and tenchi, I understood the story, but when all the other girls such as the princessís and the space police girls came in, to be honest I was quite lost in the story line, I never actually finished watching it but I remember the thing about the jewels on ryokoís wrist and tenchiís sword, but other than that itís good anime and the story is not that bad, itís quite interesting.
    Last edited by onigiri princess; 06-14-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Junior Member mikex1337 is on a distinguished road mikex1337's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2007 10:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    ZOMG, I've been thinking the same thing about Ryoki and Ryo-oh-ki's names. Even the most ambiguous of authors don't do that to their readers.
    "Y-o-u-r, y-o-u ' r -e, they're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?"
    Favorite anime of all time: TenchiMuyo & Fruit Baskets

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mikex1337 View Post
    ZOMG, I've been thinking the same thing about Ryoki and Ryo-oh-ki's names. Even the most ambiguous of authors don't do that to their readers.
    It's RYOKO and RYO-OKI. RYOKO has NO I. x.x

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Indeed. Ryoko and Ryo-Oh-Ki. Ryoko has NO 'I' in her name like the post above has stated. Though..I do believe in some places there are different spellings of certain names. You cannot always jump to conclusions.

Junior Member Caoimhe is on a distinguished road Caoimhe's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:39 PM
    Threads

I got a Tenchi Muyo box set for Christmas.
    "The Complete Ova Series"
    Which includes episodes 1-13 and the Mihoshi special...
    I understood it all perfectly (Or so I think lol) but the bit that confuses me is where the hell do I go from there. I can't follow which episodes/movies/whatever the hell I'm supposed to watch next!

This always happens me with anime x_x
    Anyone wanna point me in the right direction, 'cause I'm purdy lost ='[

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, now that I think about it, it was sorta confusing again at first. =/ When I had first seen the few commercials, I was totally..like..what the hell is THAT? So yeah. =o

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Caoimhe View Post
    I got a Tenchi Muyo box set for Christmas.
    "The Complete Ova Series"
    Which includes episodes 1-13 and the Mihoshi special...
    I understood it all perfectly (Or so I think lol) but the bit that confuses me is where the hell do I go from there. I can't follow which episodes/movies/whatever the hell I'm supposed to watch next!

This always happens me with anime x_x
    Anyone wanna point me in the right direction, 'cause I'm purdy lost ='[
    After the OAV series you want to move onto the Ryo-Ohki series that they're pushing out. The Ryo-Ohki series is the continuation of the OAV.

None of the movies are off of the OAV, they're all based off of Universe and Tenchi in Tokyo.

私は犬夜叉の妻である

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

o_O.. All this is news to me. Though, it may be a continuation, I don't think it'd be the same.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2014 11:33 PM
    Threads

I believe Manatsu no Eve/Daughter of Darkness, the 2nd movie is more in sync with the OAV continuity.

Check out my anime reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/grapplerjmo

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information