AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Viacom Sues YouTube

Love is ever lasting... woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy has much to be proud of woogy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2009 12:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    The Darkest Corner of Hell......so don't come visit.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    I don't think thats right to sue Youtube. It doesn't show full lenght episodes of stuff without special permission and I think the time limit for something is about 10 minutes.
    But its true that Youtube is where I get most of my comedy from since the clips are in order, but isn't it more of a promotional aspect? Before I found Youtube comedians, I never watched Comedy Central. Now I watch it sometimes only because I liked what I saw on Youtube.
    there are full bleach episodes................... so the limit is more than 10 mins......... at least thirty.
    The world changed, whilst I slept soundly.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

Great, so when someone comes into your house and steals your stuff, you'd like them to just get a "comprimise/warning" right? You don't get your stuff back, they just get a warning, "don't go do that again OK?" You are failing to realize that its NO DIFFERENT THAN THAT. Just because its a bigger company, just means that what is stolen is a larger amount.
    In the Internet, which everyone can use, no matter how strict policies are, someone is bound to break the rules. For sites that allow downloads without purchasing the rights, those people clearly broke rules. They can't make excuses. But there are other sites like YouTube which, even with constant deletion of copyrighted materials, can't avoid it altogether. By compromise, I meant that the company in question can be arranged to either be a part of the company suing it, or providing services, equal to the damage done. It's more like, if you can't beat them, join them. Or have them join you.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by woogy View Post
    there are full bleach episodes................... so the limit is more than 10 mins......... at least thirty.
    Ive been through this before.

Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    There is a time limit, but there isnt for directors.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by kyubichan View Post
    In the Internet, which everyone can use, no matter how strict policies are, someone is bound to break the rules. For sites that allow downloads without purchasing the rights, those people clearly broke rules. They can't make excuses. But there are other sites like YouTube which, even with constant deletion of copyrighted materials, can't avoid it altogether. By compromise, I meant that the company in question can be arranged to either be a part of the company suing it, or providing services, equal to the damage done. It's more like, if you can't beat them, join them. Or have them join you.

Its the providers responsibility to monitor the content on their sites. END OF STORY. You're absolving YouTube from their own responsibility. Its their JOB to avoid it all together. They accepted the responsibility of that by putting their disclaimer on there, and by opening their site. "we're so big we can't deal with it all" well then you should either get more help, shrink, or deal with the reprocussions. They choose door number 3, therefore anything that comes they choose to deal with. This isn't that easy, any "services" That they would provide to a large corporation like Viacom wouldn't even be a penny in the bucket to lost wages due to people NOT buying the DVD's, or watching it on TV. Do you realize that there is MASSIVE lost revenue if people don't watch the episodes on TV and rather watch it on YouTube? The amount of money made on commercials, which if no one is watching the show won't buy air time during it, and sponsorships, which won't pay money to sponsor a show if the medium its being played on isn't getting viewers, is where most of their income is coming from. There is more to this than you think.

Viacom is doing what they SHOULD do... they have every right to do it and are IN THE RIGHT in doing so. The real world isn't sunshine, rainbows and daisys. These people are fighting for their livelihood, and they'll fight tooth and nail to get what they rightfully deserve. Welcome to capitalism, its not nice, its not pretty, but it works.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

In my previous post, I did say

Quote Originally Posted by kyubichan View Post
    ... As YouTube has failed to heed Viacom's warning... eh. Sucks for them.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I will say one thing.

It's YouTube's fault for not moderating the videos and making sure no copyrighted material is being hosted without adequate permission form the original owners.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In any case. I don't see them winning 1 billion dollars. A settlement seems more logical. But I don't find 1 billion dollars to be WORTH THAT. I'm sorry but it's not. If someone came in my house and stole my things, I wouldn't SUE for 1 Billion dollars, I'd sue to get ONLY my stuff back, and any damage they would have caused TO my stuff.

That's the problem with today's world, everyone is trying to make an easy buck. I don't find it okay to sue for that amount of money for something like this. What I'm trying to say is, the punishment needs to fit the crime, and it's NOT. I think it's wrong for someone to say "Well, I got my stuff back.. But I'm sueing you for an extra 2 million dollars, JUST BECAUSE you took it". No, that's immoral and being greedy.

Plain put.

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    In any case. I don't see them winning 1 billion dollars. A settlement seems more logical. But I don't find 1 billion dollars to be WORTH THAT. I'm sorry but it's not. If someone came in my house and stole my things, I wouldn't SUE for 1 Billion dollars, I'd sue to get ONLY my stuff back, and any damage they would have caused TO my stuff.

That's the problem with today's world, everyone is trying to make an easy buck. I don't find it okay to sue for that amount of money for something like this. What I'm trying to say is, the punishment needs to fit the crime, and it's NOT. I think it's wrong for someone to say "Well, I got my stuff back.. But I'm sueing you for an extra 2 million dollars, JUST BECAUSE you took it". No, that's immoral and being greedy.

Plain put.

That's not what Viacom is doing. YouTube refuses to take down everything Viacom is asking them to. (Which would be ALL of Viacoms property) YouTube took down the major things (i.e full episodes, etc), but they are refusing to take down the rest. Which is the whole reason Viacom is sueing in the first place.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka Aoyagi View Post
    That's not what Viacom is doing. YouTube refuses to take down everything Viacom is asking them to. (Which would be ALL of Viacoms property) YouTube took down the major things (i.e full episodes, etc), but they are refusing to take down the rest. Which is the whole reason Viacom is sueing in the first place.
    Okay understood. This is why I think they should be in court, having youtube remove ALL of their property. Not sueing for a billion dollars. AND if you want to get technical, or down to the nitty gritty, they can sue for money as well, but how to calculate it? They can sue for whatever amount of lost revenue, that's more logical, but how to prove it, or even determine the amount of profit they lost? Because I find it hard to believe they lost 1 billion dollars in profits.

I guess people are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am in complete agreement with Viacom saying it's WRONG to steal property. It IS indeed. But not to the extent of 1 billion dollars.
    Last edited by Piper; 03-14-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Senior Member DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2009 02:41 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I guess people are misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am in complete agreement with Viacom saying it's WRONG to steal property. It IS indeed. But not to the extent of 1 billion dollars.
    Yeah, Viacom has the right to say there stealing there property/ refusing to delete it and dealing with that situation, but I agree that $1 billion is asking to much.....Highly doubt youtube has cut them back THAT much money and such....
    Last edited by DuckyInMyTrucky; 03-14-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    I'm as graceful as a gazelle galloping over glistening green grass with it's head on fire.

Anything you want to say to me? PM me.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I posted this story on another forum, and thought Id share one of the responses given:
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxSparrow
    Bah it's rediculous... it's all over the fact that they want to sell TV show episodes and youTube screws them out of that. Unlike movies, television shows are publicly viewable over the airwaves and contain no copyright warning information about when or where it can be shown once it's released into the stratosphere. YouTube videos are not downloadable, not sold for profit, and are usually of a much lower quality so people who REALLY like the stuff will still buy it (minus those that go underground for illegal downloads).
    The point is TV shows come into your house, can be taped, copied, and given to your friends to watch without legal ramifications. YouTube falls within this same catagory of sharing. Viacom either has to update their broadcasting habits or start offering us something that you can't get on YouTube so we have the incentive to buy their stuff... oh yeah, and buy some advertising space on the site so they can bring in more people to watch TV and raise their ratings.
    After all, isn't YouTube just one giagantic Nelson-style popularity system the smarter networks could use for their own market research... for free????

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Honestly, if Viacoms licensed material is being used they should get paid. It's buisiness. As much as you may love it YouTube is also a buisiness. They don't do it for free or out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it to make money and a lot of the money that they make comes partially from the fact that many people watch licensed and copy written material on their site.

Viacom has a legit beef. They are not the only large, evil, money hungry corporate entity. Google bought YouTube for 1.76 billion so Viacom trying to get a billion is not something I see as a big deal. I am almost certain that Google probably made their initial investment back from all the add revenue. The problem for YouTube would be if other major companies followed Viacoms lead with similar law suits.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Senior Member menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 07:40 PM
    Threads

Youtube should be sued for copyright, I agree with that much, but it probably more logical(and more pleasing financially) if they gave Youtube rights but make them pay for it. They could possibly make more cash that way.

I personally like Youtube but dislike it to. They got rid of a show I wanted to see and banned the person who uploaded it. It might have been the violence in it(because there are more perverse shows than it). Either way everyone will find more sights to watch their junk anyway, so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I guess well just have to wait for the birth of a new free video site after youtube.

I don't download, I use youtube for silly videos that never make it to T.V, and I'll miss it if it goes. I'm also not sure how much youtube affects whos going to buy things like anime/movies etc, I really think those who were going to buy it are always going to buy it and those who weren't never will, with or without youtube.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking has a spectacular aura about choasking's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2009 08:29 PM
    Threads

I totally agre with you jagan eye. It's a communtiy sharing so it's not at fault but that's just my Opnion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    I don't think thats right to sue Youtube. It doesn't show full lenght episodes of stuff without special permission and I think the time limit for something is about 10 minutes.
    But its true that Youtube is where I get most of my comedy from since the clips are in order, but isn't it more of a promotional aspect? Before I found Youtube comedians, I never watched Comedy Central. Now I watch it sometimes only because I liked what I saw on Youtube.

Thank's Nespa for the signature!

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 11:25 AM
    Threads

What I'm surprised at is that Viacom hasn't gone after the IP addresses of the worst offenders to sue the people that posted the videos in the first place the way the RIAA did a few yrs back. Since in the terms of of agreement with YouTube users do agree to not post copyrighted material without permission. And what Viacom is suing YouTube for is clear copyright violation.
    I'm not saying YT has no responsibly, however it is hard to catch it all. And they are at fault for not removing it all when asked to do so.

Junior Member Idea Nuked has a spectacular aura about Idea Nuked has a spectacular aura about Idea Nuked has a spectacular aura about Idea Nuked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 12:36 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Apollo View Post
    What I'm surprised at is that Viacom hasn't gone after the IP addresses of the worst offenders to sue the people that posted the videos in the first place
    The answer is quite simple really, "Bob the internet user" who enjoys uploading clips from MTV to youtube can't be sued for $1 billion. Google can.

When Youtube was run by individuals it wasn't worth sueing even though the copyrighted content was probably higher than it is now under Google's control. This is why I think youtube will fail under Google, they can't continue to run it in the same way as it's previous owners did.

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 11:25 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Idea Nuked View Post
    The answer is quite simple really, "Bob the internet user" who enjoys uploading clips from MTV to youtube can't be sued for $1 billion. Google can.

When Youtube was run by individuals it wasn't worth sueing even though the copyrighted content was probably higher than it is now under Google's control. This is why I think youtube will fail under Google, they can't continue to run it in the same way as it's previous owners did.
    Obviously an individual can't be sued for $1 billion. But even some smaller suits would be a decent scare tactic to use.

Mother of Uru's 5 Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread has a reputation beyond repute Alicaryn Silentread's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2012 05:03 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sunshinegasm Steam ID: trustedoctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka Aoyagi View Post
    Viacom owns Nick and all it's rights/shows/etc. (Which means they own Avatar: The Last Airbender. Which is by far one of the best shows I have ever seen, especially to be based off "anime style" and whatnot. VH1 and MTV though.. Keh.)
    Oh true about that. But I wasn't talking about that. I know Nick is a good television station. ^^' I personally love spongebob.

And as for staying on topic, If Viacom does win, and more suits follow, either really strict rules and regulations will be put on youtube, or yes, they will most likely shut the site down. x.X; Don't get me wrong, I LOVE youtube. I find some of the cutest AMVs on there all the time, and its a good laugh. I'm not out to say VIACOM IS RIGHT. I am on Googles side. ^^'

Sebastian is my new waifu. >w<!!

Chronic WoW Player. ♥

LOVE glue gunnin Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen has a reputation beyond repute Kristen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-17-2010 12:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: EWW THE WEE

As far as sueing individuals goes, it's pointless to do so.

There is no way of knowing which user has purchased the video and decided to display them that way or if they downloaded them from somewhere else. They would have to go to THOUSANDS of "directors" and other video displayers and ASK every one of them. There are literally THOUSANDS of viewers/downloaders/uploaders on YouTube that Viacom is sueing them for. There is no way to get to that many people in a reasonable amount of time and efficiently.

YOUTUBE is the one that disobeyed the law AND Viacom by refusing to do as Viacom asked. YouTube is, believe it or not, responsible for the material on it's own website. And they are in a HUGE violation, not to mention being brats about taking things down that don't belong to them OR the people who put it up.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand about what I've said. o_O People are seeming to think that what I'm saying is opinion, but it's not- It's fact.

i won't tell you that i love you
    K I S S OR H U G YOU
    cuz i'm bluffin with my muffin
    i'm not lyin', i'm just stunnin with my
    LOVE glue gunnin
    can't read my POKER FACE

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Viacom can go to hell. I <3 YouTube

I completely agree with that. ^^

and i TOTALLY agree with ritsuka!!
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Idea Nuked View Post
    What I'm surprised at is that Viacom hasn't gone after the IP addresses of the worst offenders to sue the people that posted the videos in the first place the way the RIAA did a few yrs back. Since in the terms of of agreement with YouTube users do agree to not post copyrighted material without permission. And what Viacom is suing YouTube for is clear copyright violation.
    I'm not saying YT has no responsibly, however it is hard to catch it all. And they are at fault for not removing it all when asked to do so.
    Obviously an individual can't be sued for $1 billion. But even some smaller suits would be a decent scare tactic to use.
    I'm surprised Viacom hasn't gone sueing people for posting the stuff, judging by how out-of-hand this is getting if they're trying to sue for that amount of money.

And to what Piper said - you're right. It can be (and probably is) misunderstood in a lot of ways in contetx of what Viacom is asking Google and YouTube to do, and $1 billion is, agreeably, way too much over the cost of the issue at hand. These days, money makes, or breaks, the world, because there's too much of it and too many people wanting it all to themselves.

I have openly disliked YouTube for a long time now, and I, in my honest opinion, will explain how much I laughed at the TV when I heard what Google had bought.

Last night on a team-speak program I use, a clan-mate came on who had known me for over a month on there, and blatantly (and with a very puzzled voice) asked "who the hell is Mac?". I was laughing for five minutes. Much the same as I was when I heard Google had bought YouTube.

Google was fine before buying 'Tube, but I feel that since being bought YouTube will, as is being very obvious in what Viacom are attempting, go straight down the drain and Google will be eventually forced to sell, allowing YouTube to (eventually) return to the state it was in before Google bought it with much of the material on the website being ignored.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Suing the individuals who upload the videos would do no good. The lawyer fees for each individual case would probably end up being more than what they can get from the suits. Pay a million in lawyers fees and win $300.00 lol.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Closed Thread

Thread Information