AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Member Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 01:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I'm sure everyone here knows what happened. So what's your opinion on the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of the second World War? Do you think we really needed to do all of that to get Japan to surrender? I'll post my opinion later.

Senior Member shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2007 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: im a shinobi

No guns are bad as well as atom bombs. Japan should be left alone.As well as Ireland from brits

If you are true ninja you would copy "i support the ninja"into your sig and help conquer the internet.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2015 11:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

No. It's a crime against humanity, but the US won, so everyone just shrugs their shoulders and moves on with their lives.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Member Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime is a splendid one to behold Darthanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2007 01:43 PM
    Threads

I have to agree. I've herd somewhere that the US used it mainly to scare Russia, though I'm not too sure about it yet.

They claim the reason they used it was to end the war faster and as revenge for Pearl Harbor [though I highly doubt destroying a military base can compare to nuking two cities.]

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2015 11:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darthanime View Post
    They claim the reason they used it was to end the war faster and as revenge for Pearl Harbor [though I highly doubt destroying a military base can compare to nuking two cities.]
    The US never was too good on that balanced revenge thing. I mean

9/11 casualties: 3000-ish.
    Iraq war casualties: More than 400,000 (not to mention Iraq's actual involvement in 9/11 is dubious at best.)

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 02:32 PM
    Threads

I think that's pretty hard to decide. All the facts that are pro and con seem to be discussable. Of course my opinion is that nobody should have died...but that most of the time isn't possible. Just think about how many japanese civilians would have died in preparations for a american landing (see bombing of german cities by the allies, mostly targeted at industry areas but still thousands of cilvilians died). And american and japanese soldiers would have died in great numbers in an invasion of the japanese homeland.
    So you can't really tell what's better.
    Another aspect is that the manhattan project was under big pressure to show that the millions of dollars invested paid of. And who knows, if they never have dropped the bombs maybe they would have stopped researching the area and we would have never entered space.
    So my thinking is...we can talk about history all we want, it's still not going to be different^^ but I sure love talking about it

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 03:18 AM
    Threads

Well, they needed to test it didn't they? joke aside, it wasn't really needed, Japan was willing to surrender, but the US wouldn't accept it till they dropped the bombs, then they let them surrender.

And to shinobi, guns arn't bad, its the people who use them to kill innocent people that are bad, and Ireland started all the trouble, all we did was go in to stop them religious nutters killing each other, but, just like in Iraq, we failed miserably.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2014 12:18 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Well, I don't really have a clear opinion on this... but I think that the Americans were just really deperate to end the war. Suffering from the Great Depression and previous World War, it must've been hard for everyone to fight more. And President Truman was sure under a lot of stress. He had to do something. Also, since people were so riled up and wanted revenge from Pearl Harbor, they were ready to kill all the people of Japan if needed. Maybe they were blinded? And with the war in Europe just finishing up...

And Truman did warn Japan before about the bombings. I think that he should've used a small example first as a threat. Because obviously the Japanese didn't treat it as a threat. Truman could've bombed a smaller city maybe-- just a small threat to show what the U.S. was capable of doing.

More edit later... maybe.

Junior Member deaddingo will become famous soon enough deaddingo will become famous soon enough deaddingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2007 02:40 AM
    Threads

It was wrong. Completely and totally wrong. Japan offered to surrender if they could keep their emporer, but America said no.

Even if it was necessary, they definately didn't need to do it twice.

Totally and utterly wrong, the work of cowards who couldn't think up a solution that didn't involve the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

[Insert witty title here] [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 08:32 PM
    Threads

I saw a video about it in school...ugh...my stomach ached the rest of the day. I can't remember who it was that told me this, but someone mentioned that Japan had surrendered a little bit before they got bombed. It could have been a teacher, or it could have been just a stupid friend. I was in 8th grade at the time, and I had one really dull buddy that might've said that...

However...the Japanese did attack Pearl Harbor first I believe...so it was only natural that we fought back. The movie disgusted me solely because of the images they showed...
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 03-13-2007 at 08:35 PM.
    Awesome Websites!::Gallery(NEW!)::Give these creatures a home!::Trainer Card

Formerly known as Chimes, if anyone remembers that name...no...? Didn't think so. 8D

bool answer=...;

...don't pay attention to this sig...or that avatar...currently in thought process of how to include changed username in a new image set...

Senior Member Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara is a jewel in the rough Haibara's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2007 11:35 AM
    Threads

I feel so awful about that whole thing, it was very wrong infact they should have never created such a bomb.

Moderator / Chat Admin Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 10:14 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post

Iraq war casualties: More than 400,000 (not to mention Iraq's actual involvement in 9/11 is dubious at best.)
    I'm so happy you think that's okay. Too bad it wasn't you or your family members that died in a terror attack. And also, if you weren't paying attention, they're killing each OTHER in Iraq. We're just an added bonus. So before you go off typing about stuff you don't know, I would extremely suggest you research your information before posting again. Also, wikipedia is not a true source. If it was, my college professors would allow it for our research papers.

Also, Japan only destroyed ONE U.S base, because we stopped them before they could continue any further. I can promise you had they the option of contuniting, they would have went a lot further than that. So yes, I'm glad we destroyed their cities. If you start a fight, expect to have it finished. That's reality folks'.

Senior Member Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien has a reputation beyond repute Prince Darien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 09:04 AM
    Threads

I have mixed feeling about it. If we didn't drop the bombs the war would have gone on much longer and cost more casualties on both sides. The war was going to go on for a while if something drastic didn't happen. The bomb was a short cut to VJ-day. A crime against humanity? I think war in general is. It was war.

A nation obtaining the A-bomb would have happened no matter what, so I guess it is good that we were the first to get it and hopefully the last to use it.

Then the destruction... It is horrible. I really hope one day the world no longer feels the need the have such horrible devices. I think it was neccesary at the time.

Futher adding to my mixed feelings is my grandmother's occupation during the war. She enriched uranium at the Y-12 Plant at Oakridge. My grandmother enriched the uranium that destroyed Hiroshima. My grandmother helped make one of the most destructive weapons ever used.
    "Tsuki ni kawatte, oshiokiyo!" ~ Tsukino Usagi

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'll just do this in order by poster, and address each post they made, then move on to the next poster...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthanime
    I'm sure everyone here knows what happened. So what's your opinion on the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the end of the second World War? Do you think we really needed to do all of that to get Japan to surrender? I'll post my opinion later.
    My opinion on it?
    We were at war. All out, complete, and total war. They attacked us first, and they were in league with people doing terrible things, even if they were pretty much separate from them. Regardless, they were our enemy. Also, both cities were littered with fliers that were air dropped, warning everyone of the on coming attack, and what day it would be on. But most people didn't take it seriously, and thought it was only a threat...
    How wrong they were.
    True, it is sad that it had to come to that. But you know what, when you're at war, you do what is necessary to win, to end it, and to get your people home, instead of dragging it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthanime
    I have to agree. I've herd somewhere that the US used it mainly to scare Russia, though I'm not too sure about it yet.
    The revenge for Pearl Harbor was the Do-Little Raid on the industry in Japan. When the bombers took flight from an aircraft carrier and bombed most of Japan's heavy industry. It was really the opposite of what was said in Pearl Harbor the movie. "When they attacked us, it was like being hit with a sledge hammer. This will be like a pin prick, but it'll be straight through their hearts." In actuality, we did more damage attacking their factories than they did attacking the Pacific Fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi dog
    No guns are bad as well as atom bombs. Japan should be left alone.As well as Ireland from brits
    What are you talking about? NO ONE is attacking Japan right now. Their only problem right now is Kim Jong Il of N. Korea lobbing dummy missiles over their country, and if he attacks them, they'll have us to deal with, I can assure you. And Ireland has the same problems as the middle east. Two factions in the same area warring. Protestants and Catholics. More senseless fighting over religion. The British were intervening to help quell the fighting. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    No. It's a crime against humanity, but the US won, so everyone just shrugs their shoulders and moves on with their lives.
    To be honest, you seem like a humanitarian.... Unless it concerns American lives, in which then you just don't give a damn.
    Proof you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Eris
    Like Piper said, you apparently think that's ok. If you really cared about human lives at all, you wouldn't want any deaths, rather than that... "Well you guys losing 3000 isn't as bad as them losing 400,000" garbage.
    I don't know if I'm going to care to even read your retort, because you might just change the subject, or argue a different point. That aside, your criticism is very silly, and your reasoning is pretty far off. Think it over next time, because I honestly think you used to be better at this.

Quote Originally Posted by deaddingo
    It was wrong. Completely and totally wrong. Japan offered to surrender if they could keep their emporer, but America said no.
    Even if it was necessary, they definately didn't need to do it twice.
    Totally and utterly wrong, the work of cowards who couldn't think up a solution that didn't involve the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
    The Japanese understand, respect, and fear power, and the display of it, more than anything else. Their resolve has been known throughout the centuries to only cave to superior forces, and for no other reason. Needless to say, they certainly did cave after the bombings. Funny how you call the Allies cowards for it, even though Japan attacked us with little warning, that was given while they were on their way, and then arrived late to Washington, only to be decoded and make it to Pearl Harbor an hour after the attack. The allies gave at least a week's notice, practically in person.

No matter how much of you poo poo over certain aspects of history, it isn't going to change what happened. Ideally, such loss of human lives should be avoided, and preferably not happen. All humans have families at one point or another, and to kill them-- soldier or civilian-- means to take them away from their families.
    However, when you are at war, you often do not see the enemy as a human, but as only an enemy, a monster, and thing that is trying to kill you, so that you do not kill it. And so you kill it or capture it, so that it does not kill you.
    That's the way war works, kids... Sorry.

Serenith's Mooples Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria has a reputation beyond repute Celes Victoria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2009 11:51 AM
    Threads

I'd say that actually yes, America won, but i wish that they didn't need to use such methods. Atom bombs have severe consequences that continues on eve years after the bomb exploded. I wish they needn't use them, but Japan won't listen. Too bad.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 06:54 AM
    Threads

Although the Japanese soldiers were total jerks when they came over here (my grandmother lived through the war, and yes, they are more than jerks), they didn't deserve to get nuked. I mean, who does? Hitler killed all those people and no one nuked him (okay that was besides the point, but I had to say it). Furthermore, did you know that what Japan wanted was to unite all the Asian nations since the West was steadily gaining power back then (and using that power to, like let's say, hold a city hostage?! *coughmatthewperrycough*). I understand that our country only got the bad end of things because the U.S. claimed us as its ally. LOL

... In light of things that are happening in this new century, I'm one of those few people who think being an ally (read: LAPDOG) of the U.S. is a bad idea. I have nothing about the U.S. in general, but the decisions that its leaders make.

I'm so happy you think that's okay. Too bad it wasn't you or your family members that died in a terror attack. And also, if you weren't paying attention, they're killing each OTHER in Iraq. We're just an added bonus. So before you go off typing about stuff you don't know, I would extremely suggest you research your information before posting again. Also, wikipedia is not a true source. If it was, my college professors would allow it for our research papers.

Also, Japan only destroyed ONE U.S base, because we stopped them before they could continue any further. I can promise you had they the option of contuniting, they would have went a lot further than that. So yes, I'm glad we destroyed their cities. If you start a fight, expect to have it finished. That's reality folks'.
    I don't think Eris means that it's okay. It's just that there are so many casualties and no one was even exactly sure if Iraq was behind that attack. "We're just an added bonus"? What, bonus killers?!

As for Japan destroying one U.S. base, now let's see... wasn't Japan content in trying to conquer just China and Korea until *coughmatthewperrycough*?

And here is my two cents on the 9/11 attack: More than 3000+ people have died in our country due to "terrorist attacks" funded by international groups, well before 9/11. And wow, we're U.S. allies long ago, after 9/11 they FINALLY notice our people dying. I'm quite sure my fellow countrymen in these forums would agree that what's happening here almost everyday is worse than that 9/11 attack if combined. The only thing about 9/11 that makes it so different is that the U.S. pride is scathed.

And no, I'm not saying they deserved it. No one deserves to die. I have relatives in the U.S., and we were pretty worried back then. My point is, killing people to stop the killing? It's never a good thing.

"I'm glad we destroyed their cities"? That's probably similar to what those people who planned 9/11 are saying too.
    Last edited by kyubichan; 03-13-2007 at 02:18 AM. Reason: wee~

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2015 08:50 PM
    Threads

I have lived in Hiroshima before and I have been to the Peace Park Museum four times. Very moving experience According to their history records, the Japanese were considering giving themselves up to the Russians. Not sure if the deal was falling through. It's just America had the exclusive convenience of the Atomic Bomb and figured they'd make them surrender to the U.S. instead. It's just going there and seeing all the stories will make you think that what happened was a huge screw up.

My friend knows a former pilot from World War II who was a candidate to drop the atomic bomb. He was told about a special bombing mission and wasn't really told anything more rather than just that. He was freaked to know what he was selected to supposbly drop.

Hiroshima at the time had some military academy/base and found it to be a military target to use it on. Originally, they were thinking of bombing Kyoto, Himeji, and other historical cities. But scholars of Japanese culture like Arthur Haley was dead set against it and said it'd make the Japanese people more angry because they would be attacking historical landsites that are precious to the Japanese.

Check out my anime reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/grapplerjmo

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 03:18 AM
    Threads

Eris does have a point, I mean 3,000 American citizens died in 9/11, but how many Iraqi civillians have died over the 17 years of you guys bombing Iraq? and not to mention the total mess you Americans have made Iraq, they wouldn't be killing each other if you had not gone in.

And don't come back with "Oh, Iraq was a huge threat to our freedom" or "It's definate that they had a part in 9/11" because A: Iraq was not a huge threat after being bombed for over 10 years and B: how do you know Iraq played a part in 9/11? I remember all the clues pointed straight to Afghanistan.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

*sigh*

Not this tired old argument again.
    This is to everyone who thinks Japan was innocent during world war II

-The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor during peace time with the US.
    -The Japanese were allied with the Nazi's during WW2. Germanies allies were our enemies.
    -The Japanese conducted human experimentation on civilians and soilders in the philippines.
    -The Japanese massacre of Nanking
    -The massacre of Manila
    -The Sandakan death marches
    The list goes on

Japan wasn't innocent. We gave them warnings, we told them what we were going to do. But that stuborn Samurai Pride that should have died 40 years before hand, didn't. It stuck around and they lost their lives for it.

All we can do is learn from the past and build a better fut...
    Oh who the hell am I kidding, we're all going to nuke eachother to death.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 06:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool- View Post
    *sigh*

Not this tired old argument again.
    This is to everyone who thinks Japan was innocent during world war II

-The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor during peace time with the US.
    -The Japanese were allied with the Nazi's during WW2. Germanies allies were our enemies.
    -The Japanese conducted human experimentation on civilians and soilders in the philippines.
    -The Japanese massacre of Nanking
    -The massacre of Manila
    -The Sandakan death marches
    The list goes on

Japan wasn't innocent. We gave them warnings, we told them what we were going to do. But that stuborn Samurai Pride that should have died 40 years before hand, didn't. It stuck around and they lost their lives for it.

All we can do is learn from the past and build a better fut...
    Oh who the hell am I kidding, we're all going to nuke eachother to death.
    On that note...

The Japanese also performed experiments on Chinese prisoners of war (I read that on Time), and there was also a death march from Mariveles (in my province) to Tarlac.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli has a reputation beyond repute Princess Elli's Avatar
    Gil
    Sick
    Gifts Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2010 05:01 PM
    I'm with my friends under the cherry blossem trees
    Threads

i think they went too far just becasue they think that japan was working wit hhe nazi's they should have been bombed japan was neautral throughout the entire war!
    Thanks Nespa for the Avay and Sig
    Are you a fan?

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2015 08:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Elli View Post
    i think they went too far just becasue they think that japan was working wit hhe nazi's they should have been bombed japan was neautral throughout the entire war!

Just watch the video from 10 seconds

And I suppose the Holacaust never really happened.

(if you're being sarcastic, sorry if I offended you)

Check out my anime reviews at: http://www.youtube.com/grapplerjmo

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 09:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Elli View Post
    There is no such thing as being neutral when you are involved in a war.

Here, let me fix that for you, what you should have said is...

"I'm a anime fan, and I whole heartedly believe that Japan should have been left alone during the war, they were neutral the whole time [until they bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7th 1941 at 7am on a sunday while everyone was asleep, and with their familes]!"

Moderator / Chat Admin Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew has a reputation beyond repute Andrew's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Red Ribbon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 10:14 PM
    Threads

Kishiro, I can pretty much guarantee you that half of them defending Japan, are only doing so, because it's where ANIME came from. That's gross. And kyubichan, stop trying to turn my words around. Word of advice: STOP.

I'm most certainly glad. Because we didn't START it. Had we did, I'd be totally against doing ANY BOMBINGS. However since they did bomb us first, it was only RIGHT for us to attack back. We JUST got done fighting a WAR just for another one to START? When you start a war, there needs to be an END to that war, we just speed up the process.

And an added bonus to KILL THOSE WHO ARE KILLING US. For some odd reason, I feel you've never lost someone close to you from those disgusting people in Iraq, otherwise you'd have a change of heart.

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 05:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Kishiro, I can pretty much guarantee you that half of them defending Japan, are only doing so, because it's where ANIME came from. That's gross.
    Don't forget Playstation.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information