AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guys who love romantic anime

Junior Member deaddingo will become famous soon enough deaddingo will become famous soon enough deaddingo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2007 01:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Guys who love romantic anime

I'm a pretty big anime fan, and recently I've been getting heaps into romantic anime. Stuff like Ah! My Goddess and fruits basket make me really happy and put me in such a great mood. The weird thing is if I ever watched this sort of thing in an american movie I would cringe the entire way though. All the action stuff that I used to love seems a bit dull now compared to a perfectly innocent love story.

This thread is essentially dedicated to all males who love sappy romantic anime!

Senior Member Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 01:32 PM
    Threads

My friend you are so right. I feel the same way right now. The innocence and the drama is great, especially storys that only are about the relationships of the characters and no fightin or whatever in it.
    And I, as a guy, get really taken into the story like no movie ever could. To be honest I never liked all the other anime/manga stuff, but I don't know what it is about romance but it gets me. Maybe its because romance animes are not as cheesy as "normal" Tv series and movies.
    Last edited by Mr. Hat-and-Clogs; 03-05-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: this and that

Junior Member RideTheWalrus will become famous soon enough RideTheWalrus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2008 08:56 PM
    Threads

Yeah I love good romance anime too. Chobits was my first introduction to romance anime, after that I was hooked.

I find when there's only a romance and nothing else the story is a bit too boring for me. Thats probably why I always hated american TV dramas. Many anime incorporates multiple genres along with romance. Shakagan no shana did romance/action well, chobits was an awesome romance/comedy.

Junior Member Torankusu is infamous around these parts Torankusu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2008 12:46 PM
    Threads

Lol, I'm not gonna lie..I love romance anime too..can't name any right now because theres too many to choose from. >.<

Senior Member 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 01:27 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6870343953149706

I'm a huge fan of romance anime and manga (although I read a whole lot more manga), I started out reading Shonen titles like Chobits and Love Hina both of which I loved and from there I decided to read some Shojo titles like Mars, Kare First Love, Fruits Basket, Hana-Kimi, etc. as well and I actually really liked them too.

I would have to agree though my tolerence for say American chick flicks is fairly low, but I don't really mind romance in movies when it is handled in a more adult manor... say for instance Forest Gump.
    Last edited by 氷の動物; 03-06-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Senior Member WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName has much to be proud of WhatIsAUserName's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 02:20 AM
    Threads

I like some romantic animes like Love Hina or DearS, but not for the 'perfectly innocent love story', to quote deaddingo. Unfortunately, I'm mainly in it for the women, so to speak.

I know, so perverted.
    “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: 'The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that's fair.' In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” –Bertrand Russell

Thanks to Chimes for the Avatar

Member Kimuro Asuna is a glorious beacon of light Kimuro Asuna is a glorious beacon of light Kimuro Asuna is a glorious beacon of light Kimuro Asuna is a glorious beacon of light Kimuro Asuna is a glorious beacon of light Kimuro Asuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2007 08:33 PM
    Threads

I read some romance mangas,
    those with action
    ~Metal Heart
    ~Kage Kara Mamoru!

those comedy-centred (is it a word!?)
    ~Ouran High School Host Club

and those hmmm.. normal?
    ~Da!Da!Da!

All the others are shonen like. Except for Azumanga Daioh... but it isn't in any categories xD too weird to.
    Everyone.Is.A.Puppet.Destiny.Controls.You >Edward Madison A.K.A Kimuro Asuna<

Junior Member kuma662000 is on a distinguished road kuma662000's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2007 03:36 AM
    Threads

^^! fruits basket is great with me.i love this anime very much
    but i don't love ouran high school host club,i don't know why,may be i don't like haruhi,she is.....^^!
    Last edited by kuma662000; 03-06-2007 at 03:40 AM.

Senior Member mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane has a reputation beyond repute mastercane's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2008 05:05 PM
    Threads

I liked Chobits, fruits Basket, Shuffle, Please Teacher and Love Hina. A co-worker introduced these to me while we were working on a project.

I want to watch Ouran High School Host Club, however
    Master Cane
    Master of the Wu-Tang Sword Style
    Master of the 36 Chambers
    Master of Saolin Shadow Boxing

Junior Member Ashi Sama is on a distinguished road Ashi Sama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2007 11:13 PM
    Threads

Fruits Baskett was okay..

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

i don't love 'em but i do like some of 'em

I luv Irish+mac n'cheez NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar has a reputation beyond repute NovaStar's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2009 02:25 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: No Wii

I love Romance Anime, and Shoujo Anime in General, I've always been a fan of it, - a Good Couple, be it Yaoi, Yuri M/F or anything in between is always refreshing to see.

I think it attracts people to a series, But at the same time I like to see a little termoil in a relationship as well. I like the fact that if that happens, like any real relationships, it makes it feel as if it was more like a real relationship

Not saying that the character's don't have a real relationship (but not all relationships are without their bumps)

That's the type of Romance I love to see

People whom love each other
    can come through a problem together
    and still love each other

gets me every time.

Senior Member Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf has a reputation beyond repute Jonwolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2007 03:19 PM
    Threads

I love romance manga, especialy boys-love ones. The odd thing is, I like male/male pairing in my manga, yet there was zero desire to see brokeback mountain or anything like that.

Then again, you can't get ukes in real life like Shuichi or Chihaya. It's just a physical impossibility. Probably a good thing too, because if there were, I'd be gay.

Broken Spirit and poet BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul has a reputation beyond repute BlazingSoul's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2012 10:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm a random type of guy but romance is usually on my list.
    "As the blood starts to boil, the flow of crimson splendor will act like a flood" ~R

The lonely wolf Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star has a reputation beyond repute Howling Star's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:14 PM
    Threads

Hmm I like them to (guy) But you should try Nana It has Drama Music and Romance its realy cool.^^

Victim #5 chob is on a distinguished road chob's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2007 04:26 PM
    Threads

Nana
    bs-i productionwho done AIR and Kanon got me into romance anime. now i wana see all the bs-i production romance anime duno why, probably put lots of real life feelings in it.

Senior Member jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:01 AM
    Threads

yeah i gotta say i've been leaning away from my main crop of mecha based anime to a more softer flare..will have to pick up fruits basket, i think it started when i picked up Gun parade march, mecha romance...and its been a slide to happier storylines...
    Some people go through life with out ever truly going insain, what a horrible way to live

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

yes i admit it. i have my fair share of please teacher and love hina-esk anime. its hard to pinpont why exactly. largley for the comedy and the not quite overt sexual inuendo. but i suppose deep down i'm just a mushy sap for a happy ending. (its 3:10am where i am now so I'm not exacly cohereant. dont expect this kind of admission when i have complete control of my faculties.)

gun parade march was a little weird for me though. its one of the few i didn't like. prorbaly because i wasn't expecting the love story to start with. if i was ready for it i may have enjoed it more, because it really did have a good story.
    ok - a list of what i'd call romantic anime that i own:
    please teacher, please twins
    D.N.Angel
    FMP -Fomuffu - which i'm watching at this moment.
    chobits,
    Tejho tenge - yeah its got romance in it
    Steel angel Kurumi 1&2 plus encore
    ah my godess
    love hina - plus movies
    gun parade march
    mahoro matic
    happy lesson - i'm not enturlely sure if this is romantic (what do you think?) but it certianly is a feel good.
    maburaho
    tenchi muyo - in a very herem kind of way.
    Blue gender. - not exacly you normal cup of tea but it does have that boy meets girl element.
    vandread & second stage- Yes they are!
    voices from a distant star - tragic because it's so short (i reckon its defiantly series worthy.)
    El Hazard
    elfen lied - i wouldn't normaly put it in this kind of list but since my interpretaion is so loose right now anyway....

after a quick count romantic in some form or fashion make up about 40&#37; of my collection.

Member Lukia is infamous around these parts Lukia is infamous around these parts Lukia is infamous around these parts Lukia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2007 08:49 PM
    Threads

We need more people like you guys!

Guys like you all are cute. Is not bad! I'm a girl (yes I am xD) and I like Akira and that things, I think is the same as you, isn't it?

Cool!

Senior Member jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray has a spectacular aura about jep'ray's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-20-2008 11:01 AM
    Threads

i dont know about tenchi, that boy cant makeup his mind, and the girls fighting over him all the time...love Ah my goddess, and dont forget to look up his other anime, "Your under arrest"only 13dvd's long...love the story and charaters in that one. and currently waiting for "Negima!?" since i just finshed watching "Negima!"
    Some people go through life with out ever truly going insain, what a horrible way to live

Senior Member mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch has a reputation beyond repute mythroch's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2008 03:18 AM
    Threads

oh yes, and escaflone.....sort of

Senior Member dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009 is a name known to all dragongundam009's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads

I just started watching romance anime a while ago. My fav one has to be macross 2:lovers again, it was a anime movie but it was still good. I watch Oh my goddess! and some other stuff.

dragongundam009's gallery

Family

Brother:Crimson Phoenix

Senior Member Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs is a name known to all Mr. Hat-and-Clogs's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 01:32 PM
    Threads

I loved Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic was really nice too. Love Hina wasn't bad, but Keitaro always getting hit got boring after some time.
    And I just finished watching Loveless.
    I really like the romantic stuff, but I don't tell anybody about it. I don't know why but it's just my little secret^^ and since I watch it on my PSP all the time nobody notices.

Junior Member Dab is on a distinguished road Dab's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-30-2007 10:12 PM
    Threads

Hi im new, i really like this kind of anime my fist one was Love Hina later Chobits, now im seeing Full Metal Panic mechs are good too. Keitaro its really funny
    Last edited by Dab; 03-20-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Senior Member Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai has a reputation beyond repute Yuu~Hashinai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2007 01:44 AM
    ~*In Tyler's(a.k.a Creed~Diskenth) shirt...
    Threads

Gravitation x333 All the way! Along with a few others...Hm, won't bother mentioning them! =D

:Siggy Made By My Darling Baby:
    "Hold me, kiss me, say that you love me. That's all I ever want to hear you say, Tyler-puu."

**PROPERTY OF CREED~DISKENTH**

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information