AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People need to take better care of rental disks

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default People need to take better care of rental disks

Everytime I go to Blockbuster and rent a movie or game, something will go wrong. The disc won't read, or certain parts will be screwed up. For example, I rented both The Grudge 2, and Soul Calibur 3 recently. The Grudge 2 had fingerprints and sratches on the back, which caused the disc to stop spinning at certain parts, which meant I missed important parts of the movie. Moving on to Soul Calibur 3, the back of the disc looked like someone stepped on it and dragged it across the street. It still played, but at certain parts it would stop reading, plus the music and character's speech wouldn't play. Point of this thread is, have you ever had anything like this happen, and even though they can't do much, is there anything rental stores can do to protect their discs?
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have an idea. STOP RENTING at Blockbuster. They SUCK. Try Hollywood Video! They actually CARE about their customers. And have a *huge* varaity of movies/games to rent.

Blockbuster is a very very limited store now. I don't like them.

Senior Member Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare has a reputation beyond repute Velvet_Nightmare's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Purple Ribbon Gabumon Cylon Centurion
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2017 08:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    I have an idea. STOP RENTING at Blockbuster. They SUCK. Try Hollywood Video! They actually CARE about their customers. And have a *huge* varaity of movies/games to rent.

Blockbuster is a very very limited store now. I don't like them.
    I should do that, or start using Netflix.
    No power in the 'verse can stop me...

[Insert witty title here] [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 07:32 PM
    Threads

Yeah...stuff like that happens to me a lot of the time. My first PS2 game was .hack//OUTBREAK and I'm not even 10% into the plot because as soon as I try to go to the area where you first meet Balmung, the game stops functioning...what a waste of money. Then one time when I was at a party, we wanted to play an anime DVD of mine, but it was taking way too long for it to load. When I retrieved it from the DVD player, I found out that it had a crack going from the center to the edge, like the radius of a circle.
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 02-25-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    Awesome Websites!::Gallery(NEW!)::Give these creatures a home!::Trainer Card

Formerly known as Chimes, if anyone remembers that name...no...? Didn't think so. 8D

bool answer=...;

...don't pay attention to this sig...or that avatar...currently in thought process of how to include changed username in a new image set...

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

I did rent some film for Blockbuster a few time and they wont work for one reason or another.. so i stop and now i rent film for lovefilm and they are soo much better.

Senior Member shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog is a name known to all shinobi dog's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-27-2007 07:59 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: im a shinobi

How dare you people destroying those discs treat them like your children (if you have any or a little baby )besides YOU bought it and you might have to pay again to get a new one for the shop.

If you are true ninja you would copy "i support the ninja"into your sig and help conquer the internet.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

I don't generally have that problem, maybe because I rent from Hollywood Video (not that I'm sure how that'd be a difference).

We do own a copy of PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl, and it does have some sort of error which causes it to freeze for a full second at one point in the movie. I don't think it was previously owned, though.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 09:15 PM
    Threads

That's happened to me before, but most of the time it was the DVD player.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

Member RedRose is a jewel in the rough RedRose is a jewel in the rough RedRose is a jewel in the rough RedRose is a jewel in the rough RedRose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2007 02:13 PM
    Threads

That does not happen often when I rent movies, but when it does it just really bothers me. There is not a lot the store can really do about the movie being wrecked. Some people just don't know how to take care of things. People rent movies and games and just don't care of the condition of the disc etc. when they are using it or done with it. Ultamitly because it is not theirs, they don't care, and they are lazy to take care of it. These people need to just smarten up.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

First of all, Grudge 2 My GOD, bless this child with a brain. Grudge SUCKED! Get Wrong Turn!
    And as for Soul Calibur 3, get it pirated already, can't you see how pathetic it is to rent? Or buy it, if your smarter in economics.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I personally never rent from Blockbuster, which is just across the road from Video Ezy (An Australian franchise). I absolutely loathe Blockbuster's ultra limited range, you're lucky if they have any DVD's that aren't mainstream hollywood. And I have never had a problem with scratches and the like.

As for renting from libraries, that's another story altogether.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

The last time I ever checked a disc out of the library, the corner of the case had broken off, and someone had repaired it quite hastily with scotch tape. Plus, the CD was nicked around the edges, as if if were flung repeatedly into something hard. I was really disappointed.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Hey, at least with the library you get what you pay for.

Junior Member Vash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point Vash2000's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2007 04:04 PM
    Threads

I have to agree, that happens but everytime I go the guy sprays it for me so it would run better.
    Watch full anime shows: http://www.anime-venom.cjb.net

[Insert witty title here] [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean] has a reputation beyond repute [Boolean]'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meh...I guess that I don't borrow stuff often...I just hate it when I buy stuff and it's already broken. I always return things in the same state that they were in before...except that time I borrowed ____'s pencil...but that wasn't my fault... > >; I'm iffy about lending books to people now too...I used to be, like, a manga library to some of my friends, except several times the book was returned in terrible condition, and I for one prefer to keep everything crisp, clean, and neat...
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 02-25-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Formerly known as Chimes, if anyone remembers that name...no...? Didn't think so. 8D

bool answer=...;

...don't pay attention to this sig...or that avatar...currently in thought process of how to include changed username in a new image set...

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

yeah this used happenes to me, only with VHS though. After i switched to DVD it worked fine.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Senior Member 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物 has a reputation beyond repute 氷の動物's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2007 01:27 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6870343953149706

Yah this happened to me a couple of times back when I used to rent games on a fairly regular basis, I don't anymore since with college I don't have much time to play them and most of the time now I can tell if a game is something I would be interested in without having to rent it first... then I spend the money I would have spent on renting some games on owning one. But it blew my mind some of the stuff I saw, I swear there was one game disc that looked like it had been used as a drink coaster the bottom was so scratched and even worse it was covered in greasey finger prints. Also I did end up with a couple of discs which were so messed up they wouldn't play, but the Blockbuster I went to was usually good about taking them back and exchanging it with something else that worked.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

I don't bother renting anymore. It's way too expensive. Quarter to 1/3 the price of buying the actual thing.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Arg, I absolutely HATE when a disk doesn't work! It's such a waste of money! And a waste of time to go talk to the video rental people and sort everything out...

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Has anyone ever had a single case in which one of those Disk-Resurfacers has actually worked? Every few DVD's I rent I get one that's been resurfaced, and IT NEVER, EVER WORKS.

I never feel bad about getting a non-functioning disk though, because Blockbuster will let me exchange it, no questions asked.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 02-25-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

What ticks me off more then damaged movie rentals is going into Borders(or Barnes n' Nobles) and seeing kids sitting in the dang isle reading a whole manga series like its a library and not a book store. Then you get dogged-eared books and crinkled pages.

But...yeah! People need to take better care of rental discs!
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2008 02:44 PM
    Threads

You're definitely right about the variety, however I have come across some pretty damaged discs from Hollywood and I've never had a problem with Blockbuster this far. When I rented 'Re-Animator', the disc stopped in the middle. Upon inspection, I found a scratch all the way across that looked as though it had been made deliberately by someone armed with a house key.

I don't rent as much as I used to. I have digital cable with high definition.

Image (c) A.Starr. Collaboration with J.N. 2006

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuinzeValentine View Post
    You're definitely right about the variety, however I have come across some pretty damaged discs from Hollywood and I've never had a problem with Blockbuster this far. When I rented 'Re-Animator', the disc stopped in the middle. Upon inspection, I found a scratch all the way across that looked as though it had been made deliberately by someone armed with a house key.

I don't rent as much as I used to. I have digital cable with high definition.
    Crazy.. At our hollywood video, it's mandatory for the employee's to let the customer look at the disc, before renting. They take it out of the case, hold it up to us, and we say "okay".

Senior Member pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2008 02:44 PM
    Threads

Crazy.. At our hollywood video, it's mandatory for the employee's to let the customer look at the disc, before renting. They take it out of the case, hold it up to us, and we say "okay".
    That's a much better system than that of the store I usually go to when renting. They do look at the disc inside, but it's only to make sure that the right disc is in there; they don't check for any damage. A friend of mine does work there and I should mention it to her, but she's expressed to me that her boss likes things to be done her way. I wonder if that'd offend her..

The only sad part about my story was not the fact I had to take it back, but the fact they didn't have a second copy to replace it. I ended up having to rent something completely different.

Image (c) A.Starr. Collaboration with J.N. 2006

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As for the two previous posts, since they have different managers, sometimes stores from a chain vary. Why, just the other day I went to a Best Buy to get a DVD. It was one that I didn't normally go to, but I stupidly assumed that because another building I visited frequently had the thing I was looking for, this one would too. Apparently this Best Buy doesn't sell single-disc anime volumes, just box sets...depressing...

Point is, even though they have the same name, it's not always the same game. Sometimes the stuff in stock, procedures, and employees can be very different. Not all Hollywood Videos are top quality, and not all Blockbusters are bad.
    Last edited by [Boolean]; 02-26-2007 at 03:59 PM.

bool answer=...;

Closed Thread

Thread Information