AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Will someone PLEASE think of the CHILDREN!

What is it with people and children. Children are not that frail. Seriously, historically, children have grown up next to death, famine and assorted depravity, but it did not hurt them.

Children do not implode upon the sight of some chick's boob (in fact, that will probably be one of the first things they saw), or someone getting shot.

Argh! People should just let kids live their lives instead of worrying about what might be suitable for them.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Digital Plague bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr has a reputation beyond repute bttr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2007 07:47 AM
    Threads

Allrighty then.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Well, see, it's because if a child sees boobs, he will either be a serial murderer, or worse - PRE-MARITAL SEXERER.

That, and some people are just really protective of their kids. I'm seventeen, but knowing my parents I won't be allowed to go where I like in the city for a good two and a half more years.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

parents do more harm then good these days with how protective they are and how they never hit their kids.
    first, pain works. how'd you learn not to touch a stove? you burn yourself and learn hot stuff is painful ^^; some parent yelling at ya will not stop a kid from being curious bout it.
    it's like when a kid plays with power points. you give em a hit on the back of the hand and they'll remember that was painful and not do it again. better to hit them then let them go "bzzzt!... sizzle" ^^

and another thing is parents worry to much when a kid get sick. OMG he's got a slight tempreture, quickly pump him full of drugs. which ofcourse will leave him with a weak immune system because it never got a chance to build itself up.

lastly. parents complain about what's on tv being to violent or stuff. well, when i think back, i would watch ninja turtles and people would be pissed at my parents saying its teaching me to fight, yet i never got into fights. why? because my parents took the time to sit down and watch the shows with me teaching me the difference between cartoons, tv and reality.
    to many parents let the tv raise they're kids, then suddenly it isnt their fault when they watch something bad because they were unsupervised or they get the wrong idea from a show.

basicly from all that you can gather i think that parents focuses need to be shifted almost entirely ^^;
    just my vies

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Mr. Slurpee xD Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul has a reputation beyond repute Crimson Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2007 12:24 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    Well, see, it's because if a child sees boobs, he will either be a serial murderer, or worse - PRE-MARITAL SEXERER.

GASP, we cant have that now can we
    tsk tsk

When some children are sheltered to much, as soon as they are given some freedom they go wild.
    So too much over-protection can backfire.

Sheltering kids is all well and good...but when parents dont let them do anything, its just asking for trouble later.
    Goddess-Aki~Seductress-Tsuna~Mistress-negi
    Wifeess-missy~Stalkeress-capo~Temptress-DK

Senior Member menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia has a spectacular aura about menchia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 07:40 PM
    Threads

As previously stated, parents are way too overprotective. Sometimes it's so bad that they literally control your life, so parents should think of how it will turn out if they do something. If 2 people divorce when a child is 10 or so, then it can cause severe mental stress, I think. Though even if it doesn't, when someones mom divorces 7 times, it will make you crazy.

Member bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime is a splendid one to behold bethanime's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2007 10:29 PM
    Threads

It's true that children in the past generations did survive through a lot of things...but there are a lot of bad things now. Sure war in the 1300s who cares? (I do! But that's beside the point) Nowadays we have (OMG!) bad drugs... and like...cults and drunk drivers! And perverts trying to rape little boys! (like science teachers! JUST KIDDING!) Actually parents are still over-protective now, but I can understand...if I was a parent I wouldn't want my kid to die! In the early 1900s and before that Americans were just afraid of wild animals (and I suppose the outlaws and snipers.....and indians) I think I'm just rambling so....I DON'T KNOW! Mwuahahahaha Kids are strong and parents are weak because of fear for their childens! (Yea it's supposed to be misspelled lol)

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The latest fad here in Sweden is to put reflex vests on your kids (pre school age), so that cars can see them in the dark, to protect against the 0.0000013&#37; chance of getting hit by a car. Which begs the question: What are your kids doing in the streets at night?

If you really want them kids to be safe, I've got the solution: Padded cell. They can't hurt themselves. They won't come into contact with violence, sex, ice cream, dust, puddles of water, mosquitos, sunlight, wooden splinters, nails, scissors, stoves, detergents, drain cleaners, soap, or anything which might possibly hurt the frail little creatures.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Children see worse things in life now-a-days anyway.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyNinja View Post
    Children see worse things in life now-a-days anyway.
    Worse things? Worse than the black death? Worse than war? Worse than impaling your enemies heads on stakes outside the palisades to scare away barbarians? Worse than the gladiator fights of Rome?

Today's kids see it censored on TV. These kids saw it in reality, 3d surround sound smellavision reality. You really can't beat that.
    Last edited by Eris; 02-17-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Thats what I ment, they see worse things in real lifethan on TV most of the time, and yet all these people are concentrated on TV and not the real world for a child.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    Threads

with the net at their hands, yup plenty worse ^^

=[[Wolfwood]]=

Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Lightbulb

Honestly, I think America has become very conservative over the years. I mean, "Hunchback of Notre Dame" was a children's movie which had a side story of an old man lusting after a gypsy but now, if there is a gun in a scene of a cartoon, it must be deleted. Places like Japan don't take this so seriously. Detective Conan (Case Closed) is a kids show that came on in the evening. Someone's head is chopped off in the very first episode!! Blood and gore everywhere. Once over here, it had to come on Adult Swim at 12:00-1:00 in the morning!! (and the head being cut off just had a bright light). Maybe we should take a lesson from them and not be so conservative with children; not saying everything at once but at least tell the truth when they young (kids shouldn't have to find out that babies don't come from a stork at the age of 10. That's almost traumatizing....).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

Kids have it worse now than today?

Hmmmm. I know plenty of old men who served in WWII at the ages of 14-16. I don't think what they saw in Europe and the Pacific is anything compared to what happens today with what kids experience. But I heard about teenage sons of fallen soldiers in Iraq who have tried to fake their age and enlist. I respect those boys' decision and they want to honor those who served, and potentially have the maturity. I think they should just be kids like what their fathers wanted.

For the civil rights era, blacks were discriminated against and blacks of today still have to go to a seperate part of the bus to sit or restraunt to eat or go to a school of "their own kind?" In some states peoples of different races who were couples were not allowed to marry. In World War II, Japanese people, 2/3 American born were forced into camps. Muslim have been discriminated against after 9/11, but I don't see the government forcing them all into prisons.

But yeah, maybe our parents had it easier with much cheaper gas, no AIDS during the hippy era, etc., but I think we're now in an era where EVERYBODY is free to whatever information.

We have the internet for that. All information is readily accessible and free. Kids today have it easy.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    But yeah, maybe our parents had it easier with much cheaper gas, no AIDS during the hippy era, etc., but I think we're now in an era where EVERYBODY is free to whatever information.
    They had STD:s back then too. Only, nobody cared.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Cheaper gas and lack of knowledge/public paranoia about AIDS sure

And what about the Cold War and threat of nuclear war, Viet Nam and tuberculosis? I guess those are nothing.

Oh, and we have gangs killing people! And perverts raping little kids. Because this is so much worse than unchecked marauding armies that would do the same to entire villages all at once. Or being burned a stake because you sneezed and it rained. Or being impaled on a oily stake from the bottom up, or burned alive in a farmhouse because your ruler wants to rid his country of the poor. And cults these days are certainly worse than other religious groups who committed such minor things as the Inquisition or Crusader wars.

Yes, yes, the world is just so much worse today. Oh, if only we could go back to the wonderful time where the rule of law was determined by the sword!

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Oh, and we have gangs killing people! And perverts raping little kids. Because this is so much worse than unchecked marauding armies that would do the same to entire villages all at once. Or being burned a stake because you sneezed and it rained. Or being impaled on a oily stake from the bottom up, or burned alive in a farmhouse because your ruler wants to rid his country of the poor. And cults these days are certainly worse than other religious groups who committed such minor things as the Inquisition or Crusader wars.
    ...compared to Janet Jackson's boob showing on TV! A whole generation instantly turned into depraved athesits and devil worshippers!

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I haven't been the same since that happened. A day after I saw that, I lost faith in mankind, and started listening to Marlyn Manson and converted to Islam.

Coincidence? I doubt it.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    I haven't been the same since that happened. A day after I saw that, I lost faith in mankind, and started listening to Marlyn Manson and converted to Islam.

Coincidence? I doubt it.
    Personally, ever since - I've practiced voodoo, eaten french food, and mocked the Amish!

Dark hypnotic magic is undoubtedly bestowed in that woman's boob.

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I guess there are some worser problems today...Like obesity. Curse you video games and television! But yeah, some kids lack responsibility today.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ParaParaJMo View Post
    Well, I guess there are some worser problems today...Like obesity. Curse you video games and television! But yeah, some kids lack responsibility today.
    Compare obesity with the black death, killing nearly everyone it came into contact with, generation after generation for half a millenium.

But sure...
    Last edited by Eris; 02-17-2007 at 04:15 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well, I just had nothing else to think of.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

well that is one of the many problems with the media. One is the news. The news scares the parents like crazy talking about how today there might be a chance of your child getting ABDUCTED!! AHSHSH!!!!! but how many times does that happen in a day? Then there is the scare of to much time in the sun gives you cancer so don't let your kids go out there and play outside and have fun. Why don't you give them an xbox or something that will keep them occupied. Oh but what happened with that, oh i think it is called type 2 diabetes and child obesity. Yeah, the news is great but there are so many problems with it. Thats why parents over obbsses about it. And yes it is sad. I miss the old days were a playground was full of children. Now there is just hobos that occupy it. Truly sad.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I didn't even see The Boob. I merely heard of it in passing and started eating babies, saying Naughty Words, and surfing Rotten.com 18 hours a day.

As far as the Media goes, yes they are trying to scare the bejesus out of everyone, but that's only because everyone seems to want the bejesus scared out of them. People are to blame for peoples problems, not just a few jerks with perfect hair.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I don't think I'm one to be overly protective of my kids if I have any, my mom was never that way. I agree that kids are tougher and can handle more then some adults give them credit for.

But parents that worry to much about that stuff are just caring about their kids, I only think its a problem if they try to keep their kids from finding out about everything 'bad'. The kids always turn out really naive and well...dumb.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Closed Thread

Thread Information