AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Thread: READ BEFORE YOU POST THESE: Extractions versus Renders - What is Right

Threaded View

Hallo everyone! ^_^ Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow has a reputation beyond repute Thornwillow's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 10:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: thornwillow Steam ID: thornwillow

Default READ BEFORE YOU POST THESE: Extractions versus Renders - What is Right

Ok ... because of the confusion going on in this forum about what term is right and what term is wrong and people's threads constantly having the argument in them, I felt the need to post this. The great uploads debate -- Extractions versus Renders

Render
    1.) to cause to be or become; make
    2.) to do; perform
    3.) to represent, depict; as in painting

Extraction
    1.) to get, pull, or draw out, usually with special effort, skill, or force
    2.) a passage taken from a book, article, etc.; excerpt; quotation.
    3.) the process of obtaining something from a mixture or compound by chemical or physical or mechanical means

(Definitions derived from Dictionary.com)

-------

And these definitions are what the difference is. You can clearly seen that when people call something they extract a 'render' it really doesn't fit because all they did was cut out the image, which further fits the description of extraction.

So while other sites call them "renders", essentially they are wrong, but that's their website and if they want to be incorrect, then they can be incorrect. But here in AG.net galleries forums, we try to be right ... always.

Render and Extraction Examples

Render --

(image compliments of TheWizzard)

Extraction --

(Image compliments of Thornwillow)

-------

Hopefully that clears up some confusion and we don't need to have discussions in these threads about what is right and what is wrong. I just like to see resources! If you have any questions, please don't hesistate to PM me or TheWizzard. Thank you everyone.

Also, feel free to discuss this in here, that's what I made it for.
    Last edited by Thornwillow; 02-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Make Wallpapers or Sigs? Check Out My Images

Thread Information