AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: How do you define 'Popular'?

Senior Member Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2007 08:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post How do you define 'Popular'?

What do you think popular really means? Is it being rich? Having a bunch of friends? Having everyone like you? Being absolutly gorgeous? O.o; What do you think it's real meaning is?

Junior Member R. Band is on a distinguished road R. Band's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 02:59 AM
    In the world... okay, I live in a cupboard shack...
    Threads

Default Re: How do you define 'Popular'?

I define popular by staying true to yourself and being recognized for it!

Say my name... or suffer for not doing so...
    My head is bloody, but unbowed...
    - William Ernest Henley

Senior Member Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae has much to be proud of Serae's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Wow.... I actually never thought about it that way. Now I'm even more curious to see what others define popular as.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'd define it as 'of the people' -- what it literally means.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Popularity is just a group seperating the popular and the unpopular . But i dont care about that . Why do popular people avoid unpopular people they arent contagious . So i dont follow the popularity rule . I just talk to people i want to talk to
    Over-saturating since '07

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Popularity is a goal for most people so they can be recognised by others.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 10:44 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by [unlimited] View Post
    Popularity is just a group seperating the popular and the unpopular . But i dont care about that . Why do popular people avoid unpopular people they arent contagious . So i dont follow the popularity rule . I just talk to people i want to talk to

Hmm.....I agree with unlimited and i dont care much about who popluar and who not and i dont follow any rules but mine...i talk to who i want to talk to ..

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well yes, being popular does seem to be a goal of many, but I think it's like some sort of competition. For example, at my school we have so many girls (yes, it's always the girls for some reason in my opinion) who want to be 'popular'. Well... they get so involved and soon they are against eachother, trying to be better than the other. And I guess they kind of think that if they are better than the others, then they are considered 'popular'. I really hope that made sense. x.x;

Senior Member Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos has a reputation beyond repute Aulos's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon 104 - Cubone Saxophone
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2016 09:09 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bassoonist26

Popular people being themselves? I've never seen that before.

I define popularity by somebody just having a lot of friends... whether they're really friends or not. Which in most cases, a popular person's friends aren't always real friends. >_>

That's why I avoid such things and just be myself. The friends I have are real friends.

~Made by me~

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Popular is a word thrown out there and used for certain people to make others feel bad.
    Like "popular kids" They aren't actually popular, their just a regular group of friends.

To me, there is no popular.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

A lot of people affiliate the word popular with either the groups, preps and jocks. But to me being popular is just being well known by a bunch of people.
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You can be popular in a negitive way, might I remind you.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It's a term relative to the individual, generally referring to one who is more well known than the individual saying it.
    It is then used by the kids who are base everything they do on trying to be different to refer to those who don't go out of their way to be different as means to validate themselves as being the "loner"-type, although the use of the term by these people in this way is contradictory to the point the are trying to make appear to be true despite it's fallacy.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 02-11-2007 at 07:14 PM.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Like this:

Popular
    1. Of or pertaining to the common people, or to the whole body of the people, as distinguished from a select portion; as, the popular voice; popular elections.
    2. Suitable to common people; easy to be comprehended; not abstruse; familiar; plain.
    3. Adapted to the means of the common people; possessed or obtainable by the many; hence, cheap; common; ordinary; inferior; as, popular prices; popular amusements.
    4. Beloved or approved by the people; pleasing to people in general, or to many people; as, a popular preacher; a popular law; a popular administration.
    5. (Rare): Devoted to the common people; studious of the favor of the populace.
    6. (Obsolete): Prevailing among the people; epidemic
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AF's moxy foxy furry gal vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf has a reputation beyond repute vixen_wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2009 06:12 PM
    on the ragged edge of world i'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home...
    Threads

ahem " there is no such thing as "popular" only a bunch of assholes flocking together" you like that i made it up lol dont steal it
    im a proud furry =3 you dun like it? kiss muh furry but!! D:<

--my wolf pack-

*is under construction*

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

well i guess preps are popular but then again i've been called a prep and i don't think i'm that popular oh well does it really matter?

Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: miniPhil

Quote Originally Posted by Rukia Kun View Post
    You can be popular in a negitive way, might I remind you.
    Not really, popular is where people like you. You can be famous(or rather infamous) in a negative way.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

Closed Thread

Thread Information