AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dragonforce

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2016 05:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats

Dragonforce is cool for about three minutes.
    feed your monster

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

dragonforce is good, especially the insane solos. i just listened to 'soldiers of the wasteland' by them, it was immense!
    Last edited by Drifter Uk; 05-13-2008 at 09:33 AM.

Senior Member Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud. has a reputation beyond repute Cloud.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2011 12:55 AM
    Threads

Whenever I hear someone talk about DragonForce, it's always the butt of a joke.

Just listened to "Through the Fire and the Flames", and they sound like a joke band. Sure, they have skills with the guitar, but their sound is way too retro to enjoy.

Member Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar has a reputation beyond repute Ehsivar's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2008 11:51 PM
    Threads

All three of Dragonforce's releases are basically one long, sped up song. They lack talent and originality, and they aren't as good as they claim to be when seen live. Their only good song is Starfire, and it sounds drastically different from the rest. It probably took them days to think of it.

Senior Member Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid has a reputation beyond repute Drunk_Squid's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2010 12:17 PM
    Threads

Dragonforce? They are okay.

Member M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X. has a reputation beyond repute M.X.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-02-2009 07:14 PM
    Threads

Here's the thing about Dragonforce: The first time you hear, you're like "Wow! They play so fast! They're AWSOME!" But then, you start looking at their song writing, their albums as wholes, and you realize, it's ALL THE DANG(you know what I meant) SAME. The tempo is always: very fast
    the vocals are always: very high
    the guitars are always; very fast with a 3 minute solo every friggin' 5 minutes!!! (hyperbole, but you know what I'm talking about).

They seem awesome at first, but when you look at other power metal bands, like DivineFire, Vicious Rumors, and Viper, you see that not only has this stuff been done before, but it's been done a LOT better.

Don't worry about the world going to hell, because there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride...

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2010 03:36 PM
    Threads

YOU are talking to the number one Dragonforce fan here, I listen to them everyday. Constantly never stop listening to them, their songs never get to old, or get to new. That's what I like about them, all the new bands from like..Metallica come up with new stuff, and they say, "Wait..That's a song from Enter Sandman!" and all you people think that, "Omg, Through the Fire and Flames=Same songs over and over again." That what gets me mad, I don't get it! All bands hide behind special effects, and awesome guitar solos. This is the same thing like DragonForce with only better special effects, and retro noises.

I love Inhuman Rampage CD, and Valley of the Damned CD, and Sonic FireStorm CD, I have them all. My first song that I listened to was Operation Ground and Pound that I saw in VH1 I was like, "Nooooooo waaay!" then after a few days without listening to them, my friend Jarred at school kept on saying, "Hey, dude. Did you listen to Dragonforce?" and my idiotic saying, "No, I never did. Who are they?"

Because I saw them on a Sunday before I went to school xD; Which is kinda humorous, but anyways. They're mostly influenced by gaming noises, and sound effects, and speed. ZP theart is amazing vocals to it, Herman Li. Is godly than Sam xD plus I like his hair.

All you people who say, "OMG Through the Fire and Flames is the best song!" No, no. No. You play it on Guitar Hero III. <I listened to them before Guitar Hero III; They were thinking strategically to promote their Inhuman Rampage CD> The best song they ever played was "Revolution Deathsquad" although my favorite song, and my theme song is "Soldiers of the Wasteland".

Summary:

This band is great, all over all. August 25th in America, U.K. and all over the world, Augest 20th in Japan is the new release of Ultra Beatdown. GET IT, BUY IT, Adore it!

(There, rant over. )
    Last edited by Dark Wolf 09; 07-09-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Junior Member LadyAssassin is on a distinguished road LadyAssassin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2008 06:59 PM
    Threads

I think they're an awesome band, I couldn't resist the solo's >.< lol

Junior Member zomgpwned is on a distinguished road zomgpwned's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-13-2008 02:18 AM
    Threads

All about Through The Fire And Flames. Guess I just like it because of Guitar Hero...

Member xgcharlottex3 will become famous soon enough xgcharlottex3 will become famous soon enough xgcharlottex3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-25-2008 08:15 PM
    Threads

dragonforce is alright i guess but sevendust is better

Junior Member xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx has a reputation beyond repute xXSpazzyXx's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2008 04:48 PM
    Threads

I like Dragonforce, don't get me wrong, but I think they overdo their guitars waaay too much...Herman Li plays so fast and so technical, he can't play it right half the time! Great band tho...ZP's vocals are amazing...
    For All Of Life's Problems, There's Ramen.

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 07:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celis View Post
    These guys have some of the best guitar solos I've ever heard
    You're joking, right?

ANYWAY.

I have listened to Dragonforce.

Here's what I have to say about them:

Every. Song. Is. The. Same. Thing.

Every single song has nearly the same beat, same style, same everything.

They seriously need to start thinking of something ELSE to play.

Sure, that beat is good, but it gets so old!
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My opinion is they suck.I'm tired of the Guitar Hero kids thinking that's good rock.If you want good rock take a sniff of Stratovarius and Axenstar.THAT is good power metal.

Senior Member Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Evil's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Black Guitar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2014 08:32 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: OG_APPLEJACKS

I honestly believe they are repetitive. That doesn't mean they suck. They are way better than most of us DREAM of ever being!! I enjoy the solos a lot(being a guitar player myself) Li is brilliant and their lead vocalist is pitchy, but he works for them well. "Revolution Deathsquad" is a good song and so is TTFAF. ''Trail of Broken Hearts'' isn't bad either. I haven't heard their new stuff yet so I'm eager to hear their 'new' songs. All in all, DragonForce is a fun, exciting band that will be famous for a long time.
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-14-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: misspell

King Boredom~ Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow has a reputation beyond repute Jimbow's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2011 11:40 AM
    Threads

it's an alright band but not for too long ><

Sig by me

Member Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe has a reputation beyond repute Cathastrophe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2008 10:31 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Bleh.

Well, Um. I wanna see one of you guys play their solos. They may be a lil bit with the monotone nature (Referring to most of you) But each song has a different rhythm with the same tempo.

Play one song. Then criticize. At least play a solo. Then criticize. Let them repeat their monotonous ways, they are the ones who sold more than half a million CD's on the "Inhuman Rampage" album alone. Worldwide. Not you.

And they have fun making their songs, they don't play to please you guys.
    And yet still sold more then half a million.

YOU are talking to the number one Dragonforce fan here, I listen to them everyday. Constantly never stop listening to them, their songs never get to old, or get to new. That's what I like about them, all the new bands from like..Metallica come up with new stuff, and they say, "Wait..That's a song from Enter Sandman!" and all you people think that, "Omg, Through the Fire and Flames=Same songs over and over again." That what gets me mad, I don't get it! All bands hide behind special effects, and awesome guitar solos. This is the same thing like DragonForce with only better special effects, and retro noises.

I love Inhuman Rampage CD, and Valley of the Damned CD, and Sonic FireStorm CD, I have them all. My first song that I listened to was Operation Ground and Pound that I saw in VH1 I was like, "Nooooooo waaay!" then after a few days without listening to them, my friend Jarred at school kept on saying, "Hey, dude. Did you listen to Dragonforce?" and my idiotic saying, "No, I never did. Who are they?"

Because I saw them on a Sunday before I went to school xD; Which is kinda humorous, but anyways. They're mostly influenced by gaming noises, and sound effects, and speed. ZP theart is amazing vocals to it, Herman Li. Is godly than Sam xD plus I like his hair.

All you people who say, "OMG Through the Fire and Flames is the best song!" No, no. No. You play it on Guitar Hero III. <I listened to them before Guitar Hero III; They were thinking strategically to promote their Inhuman Rampage CD> The best song they ever played was "Revolution Deathsquad" although my favorite song, and my theme song is "Soldiers of the Wasteland".

Summary:

This band is great, all over all. August 25th in America, U.K. and all over the world, Augest 20th in Japan is the new release of Ultra Beatdown. GET IT, BUY IT, Adore it!

(There, rant over. )
    A perfect example.
    Inspite the said repetition in their songs coming from this band. They still managed. More then these secondary non-unique styled bands, nowadays.

-Goes to play GH3-
    MUWHAHAHA.
    Last edited by Cathastrophe; 10-16-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Keep a smile on your face. Simple.
    My Tag Thread, Throw some feed! [x]
    Want to learn a trick or two in GFX? Look at my Resource thread [x]

Junior Member GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan is a name known to all GalaxyMan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2008 06:28 PM
    Threads

I like them too. Although I do wonder, how many of you have played the new Dragonforce Pack on GH3? I saw a couple of people try it, and was blown away by the hardness...

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Example, also my favorite song of their's.
    Last edited by GalaxyMan; 10-17-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Missle Launchers FTW!

SOS Fox McCloud Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09 has a reputation beyond repute Dark Wolf 09's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

For those who say Dragonforce sucks live:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Enough said.
    Last edited by Dark Wolf 09; 10-18-2008 at 01:16 AM.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMcCloud View Post
    For those who say Dragonforce sucks live:

+

Enough said.
    That only confirmed for me something I already suspected. The only thing worse then listening to Dragonforce is listening to Dragonforce in a room filled with Dragonforce fans.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    That only confirmed for me something I already suspected. The only thing worse then listening to Dragonforce is listening to Dragonforce in a room filled with Dragonforce fans.

Lol I know right? But they're great live! I can't wait to go into the US tours. I got my tickets pre-ordered.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What's the point of sounding good live if you can't sound good in my Zune?

Closed Thread

Thread Information