AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What parts of Sailormoon, don't you like?

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 11:25 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default What parts of Sailormoon, don't you like?

This may be an odd thread for someone who loves Sailormoon to create, but with there being so many Sailormoon haters out there...I'm curious, why do you hate it so much?

Being that I'm working on what I hope to be the relaunch, it would be very beneficial to know why it's hated by some so strongy. By knowing this I can make it appeal to a large audience.

There are a few rules.
    ~Specific reasopns must be listed. If possible cite an example.
    i.e. "cuz it sux' tells me nothing as to why you don't like it, so don't post it. Go to the Sailormoon hate thread for that.
    ~No flaming, mature critizism only.
    ~Please specify if you you are refering to one of the following:
    -Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, the live action show
    -Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon, the anime
    -Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon, the manga
    ~specify Kodansha (Japanese) or MixxZine/Tokyopop (english)
    -Sailor Moon, the english dub
    ~specify DiC (clasic and R) or Cloverway (S and SuperS)
    ~Also, rather then just complaining, share how you would modify the series so your complain would never have existed.

~Those that do infact love the show, please keep rebuttles to a minimum. While I do enjoy a heated debate, I'd rather get the plain facts then have to sort through a big debate. If we want we can debate the points later.

This is a repost of a thread in the Sailor Moon forum, however due to a complete lack of response there, I decided to recreate it in an area that I feel will bring the replies I'm looking for.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Lightbulb

I like the anime overall but I didn't like the editing used in the anime, since I knew the Japanese verision first before the American one. Some of it is not as bad but with other things, they tried but slightly failed (I am very aware that Sailor Neptune and Uranus are not "cousins").

My biggest reason for not really liking Sailor Moon would be Usagi's "pin-headed" personality. I will admitt that it does make her a stronger looking character in the end, but you have to endure her stupidity and complaining before you get to her strong points.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Breezy is infamous around these parts Breezy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2007 09:14 PM
    Threads

it is boring even when i watched it on youtube it was boring

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    it is boring even when i watched it on youtube it was boring
    If it wasn't for your thread in the Sailor Moon forum. Telling me it's boring without saying how it's boring..doesn't help me much. It doesn't provide me with any way that I might modify Kame wo Tenshi in order to appeal to more paople.

It's the same as getting an equation on a test marked wrong and not ever being given the right answer or the correct method of figuring out that equation.

Junior Member doggiez is on a distinguished road doggiez's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2007 12:59 AM
    Threads

The live action one was really boring because they don't really fight at all, the reason why because when i looked it up all the actors/actress where all models so they don't really want to hurt their beautiful faces and yea fighting was weak.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2014 11:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

I don't hate Sailor Moon, but I just wanted to point out that it shows too much leg! XD Especially the manga.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There's got to be more reason why some of you strongly dislike the show so much. So please, share youre reasons without fear of getting flamed ince flaming of users in this thread will not be tolerated.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Series are boring...
    Really boring...
    Despite the fact that it's old anime,they could've made better action,and better storyline...
    There's really nothing that I find attractive in that show...
    There's my reason,there's no anything else...
    If it just had better story,I think I would like it,but this way,oh no...
    no way...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hamashimura View Post
    Series are boring...
    Really boring...
    Despite the fact that it's old anime,they could've made better action,and better storyline...
    There's really nothing that I find attractive in that show...
    There's my reason,there's no anything else...
    If it just had better story,I think I would like it,but this way,oh no...
    no way...
    okay, how would you make it so it wasn't boring?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Question

Please, I need your input, please post!!!

Senior Member Lil~Shawty~Gurl has a spectacular aura about Lil~Shawty~Gurl has a spectacular aura about Lil~Shawty~Gurl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2007 10:26 AM
    Threads

I hate Chibiusa I think she sucks lol Chibi Chibi is cute tho :-)

Senior Member Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli is a jewel in the rough Asyuoli's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-05-2007 03:43 PM
    Threads

i like the anime (grew up with the american dub)

but i dont like how half way through a series they change the voice actor and make them sound nothing like the actor before

Senior Member pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2008 02:44 PM
    Threads

Alright, so Sailor Moon is one of my favorite anime/manga series and has been since I first started watching the American dub as a kid and growing up as the series matured.

One thing that I felt could have been much stronger was the music. Although mostly effective (and repetitive), it's not that the music to begin with was bad. I just feel that some variety in style could be used to a greater advantage.

I recall the colors being of a wide variety, but all in the same, bland tone. This was probably partially due to the time at which SailorMoon was released. I think that a very slight contrast of the colors would really give it a different effect but, in my opinion, a better one.

I'm actually working on some fansubs of the series. After some review, I'll get back here with more critique.

Image (c) A.Starr. Collaboration with J.N. 2006

Member moonlight_romance has a spectacular aura about moonlight_romance has a spectacular aura about moonlight_romance has a spectacular aura about moonlight_romance's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2008 07:39 AM
    Threads

i like sailor moon. But after reading the manga i began to felt let down by it, especially stars. i wish they had kept closer to the original story line, because that was amazing.

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I only watched the anime for a little while over 10 years ago but there were some things that just bugged me.

3) The transformation sequences. It seemed like they took a long time and I would always wonder "Hey, she has her eyes closed while she's there spinning. Nows your chance. Attack!!!". I now realize that these transformations (as drawn out as they appeared) may have actually taken only a second. But still, It just really bothered me.

2) That pink haired little girl who apparently came from the future. She just really annoyed me. I saw no real purpose for her existance other than the whole "my daughter from the future" thing.

1) How can you not tell that Darien is Tuxedo Mask?!?!?!?!? All he does is rent a Tux and a very thin mask. It's so obvious. It's the whole Clark Kent = Superman thing all over again.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Kawaiislice Grilled Fish 151 - Mew
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2014 06:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Uh, it's okay, I guess. It's just that I don't really like Usagi whining over things, although that's her nature. Another, the transformation sequences bother me sometimes, though it really amazes me the first time I see the transformation sequence. The battle's too long, I think, but not really as long as DB. In the musical, I'm okay with them except for the costumes. It's funny. In PGSM, they're okay except for the fact that Aino Minako can't really act. She's a new actress so I can understand though. And really, I prefer Rei's voice over Minako's who becomes

international singer in the end
    . I like Rei's song Sakura Fubuki. Other than that, I think Sailormoon is okay. Sorry for the many complaints.

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Suswertihin din ako Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko has a reputation beyond repute Giliwko's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2008 10:24 AM
    Threads

sailormoon is a great movie.... i like it very much but they are so many characters there.....like at first they happen to be sailor moon,mars,and mercury together.its o.k to be followed by jupiter and venus they are a great team!!!!!....anyway i like sailor mars very much,but i dont agree with it that they are some sailors appear on the show.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Giliwko; 04-13-2007 at 09:28 AM.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    2) That pink haired little girl who apparently came from the future. She just really annoyed me. I saw no real purpose for her existance other than the
    Other than that Chibi-Usa contained the ginzuishou inside of her, which the Dark Moon Clan needed to ensure a total victory over Crystal Tokyo.. considering that without it, they would be at a continual stalemate (as while the world is technically conquered, they cannot break the barrier the senshi created) and that Wiseman/Death Phantom wants the crystal for himself so that nothing can oppose the dark crystal when he made his move - which when he did, it was that very future silver crystal itself which turned the tide of the battle as he was managing to beat down Usagi who was using the present one.

So yeah, I guess there is no purpose for Chibi Usa and that she has nothing much to do with the plot in general for SMR.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

I like Sailor Moon, but I can't help but laugh my butt off at how awful the anime is at times, in the earlier episodes they reuse animation like CRAZY. Also, all tuxedo mask ever did was show up, throw his rose, say something like "You can do it sailor moon!" and prance off.

Oh yeah, I hate the villains too, aside from being extremly stupid, their designs were just horrible and terribly repetitive.

Another annoying thing is that despite obvious distinguishing characteristics the Sailor Scouts have, no one seems to figure out who they are. 0_o
    A MaruDashi Creation

Closed Thread

Thread Information