AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Translating the music

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-09-2013 06:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs up Translating the music

Say when listening to music in a different language do you tend to translate the lyrics to better understand them? Or do you just listen to the song and don't care for the lyrics. Personally when I listen to my favourite bands which are german, I tend to translate the lyrics because they are well written and are sometimes touching. I know people who when listen to foreign music don't bother looking up the lyrics at all o.O;;

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'll sing the songs in the original language(I memorize them after listening to it a few times), but I usually do look up lyrics, as I would at least like to know what I am singing.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i listened to german music one time and yeah the lyrics do have meaning . But id rather listen to japanese music and look up the lyrics,some of them have good translated lyrics
    Over-saturating since '07

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

For songs in Spanish, I tend to just sing them or sometimes I try translating them for fun. Being a Spanish speaker makes this extremely easy and fun.

For songs in other langauges such as French, Japanese, Bulgarian, Chinese, and Italian I tend to look up the words and translate the song myself (if it's not so well-known) or look up the translations for popular songs.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2013 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As a general rule, I like to know what I'm singing. This includes song in my native tongue that are sung unintelligibly. If I can't find a translation, or someone who can translate it, I'll do my best to do it myself...assuming it's a language with which I am familiar. There are some songs which are filled with double meanings which in turn make it difficult to translate them properly if you aren't familiar with the language and culture.
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

The original version, in whatever language it is, won't ever be over classed by a translation. That's the reason why I rather prefer to sing foreign songs in their original language, as long as I'm willing to do an effort of memorizing.

Dark catgirl artist Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa has a reputation beyond repute Nespa's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2013 01:38 PM
    i am usealy lurking somewhere or being sneaky. use the pm button if you wish to reach me.
    Threads

I rather don't do that anymore after my experience that lady and the tramp in my language litterly lady and the prostitute meant. I don't the admins like the actual translation so i putted a polite one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pm me for a free avatar or signature

Nespa's advise for newbie's: don't add someone's msn adress without asking them.
    my sigworks sig sets my wallpapers

Closed Thread

Thread Information