AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Who thinks the Yu Gi Oh dub is bad

Banned Forum / Chat Black Pony is a jewel in the rough Black Pony is a jewel in the rough Black Pony is a jewel in the rough Black Pony is a jewel in the rough Black Pony's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-26-2007 01:17 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question Who thinks the Yu Gi Oh dub is bad

I hate the changes they did to the Yu Gi Oh series but Weevil and Rex's English are rubbish so what do you think of the dub.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

Of course it is. It's what's known as 4Kids. They're horrible at things like editing, and localizing, and casting, and basically everything.

The only thing they're good for is butchering perfectly good shows.
    Visit the Toy Dungeon Studios Store and buy a shirt or zipper pull, damnit!

eveybody falls short poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask is infamous around these parts poi_lkj_ask's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2007 03:05 PM
    Threads

the show is dum the cards are dum

Junior Member GymLeaderLance99 is on a distinguished road GymLeaderLance99's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 10:12 PM
    Threads

4Kids basically just butchered the show. They changed around important plotlines (ex. cutting out the fight between Honda/Tristan and Jonouchi/Joey in episode 55, then giving no explanation as to how Jou got on Honda's bike), repeat phrases that only appeared once or twice in the original ("Heart of the Cards", and it's overused a lot during Battle City. I could've sworn I heard Yami-Yugi mention it around 3-6 times in his duel with Strings, and at least 3 were in one episode), change personalities (Kaiba, mainly), edit anything they think will either rile up parents or is unsuitable for children (this mainly goes for how they edit readable signs off of buildings, signs, etc., but the same goes for how they edited Zorc), and remove the original openings/endings and replace 'em with some pathetic opening that has Dan Green's Yami-Yugi saying "It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel!", and of course, there's the GX "Get Your Game On" opening. It's changes like that that make people dismiss the show as something stupid or "dum" as the poster above said. In fact, it starts getting compared to shows like Pokémon (which 4Kids can't dub anymore, and it's the one show they did right). I don't have a problem with most of the VAs, though in GX, there's Sean Schemmel's Mad Dog character. "My mommy says I'm weally stwong!" lol And I just love Maddie Blaustein's Sartorius/Saiou voice. It just fits the guy.

They did start doing uncut episodes because of criticism, but stopped for some reason after only getting through the first 9 episodes. *sigh* They should keep 'em coming, otherwise, they'll just keep getting criticized, especially with dub GX getting closer to Season 3...
    Last edited by GymLeaderLance99; 01-20-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Lightbulb

I don't think the dubbing for Yu-Gi-Oh is too bad; considering that 4Kids did them anyway (I honestly think that Kaiba's voice in Japanese is a bit too deep). But the editing for Yu-Gi-Oh is just awful. Whan Pegasus' men walked in to get rid of Kaiba during Dulist Kingdom, they were supposed to have guns. But 4Kids made it so that are just pointing at him (is that going to scare somone in real life?). Some of the parts are altered or taken out completely.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Millicent Blanche dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician has a reputation beyond repute dream magician's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2012 02:13 AM
    Underneath the night sky gazing at the moon and the shining stars sitting in a cliff above the ocean
    Threads
    Blog Entries

In English? I think it's bad,I like it more in our language.....

Member Mizuhara Chiyo will become famous soon enough Mizuhara Chiyo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2007 09:16 PM
    Threads

The thing 4kids done I really hate

I've said it before and I won't mind saying again--why take the Japanese culture out the show????? Okay, can understand somewhat 4kids yanking out the more disturbing to kids content * , but erasing the Japanese words from things, changing character names--Nonsense!
    Thankfully there are ways around it that I've seen begin cropping up.

(*BTW, an example of what I mean regarding parental upset: My sister, a parent to a 6 year old at the time, now he's 8, responded with disgust when I told her about the connection The Pharaoh had with Yuugi.)

Looks like poor widdle guy needs a vacation.
    (Not something I created BTW, I just like it and the little one.)

-----------------------------
    (Save Two) My growing lunacy vids on You Tube

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=coker10

Senior Member winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039 has a reputation beyond repute winry039's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2008 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0738 3560 2869 0372

4kids always be screwing the shows up anywhos i dont think the show is bad i watch it everynow and again but i think 4kids should stop editing and dubbing shows

Senior Member Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind has a reputation beyond repute Psychicmind's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2008 10:25 PM
    Threads

4kids ruins most anime that they show. I've read the Yu-gi-oh manga, and there are too many differences to count. 4kids took out a whole season for goodness sakes.

Senior Member MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2008 06:30 PM
    Threads

Actually the dub is what I watched first. I don't think I've seen the subbed version yet but from what I've heard is that 4Kids sucks anyway so I bet the sub is a hellova lot better. For example: Tokyo Mew Mew. I watched the dub first then saw the sub. Usually I like the dubbed better than the sub because I watched it first but I saw a HUGE difference between the two and I prefered the sub over the dub. Over all the dub probably sucks compared to the sub.

Member Saibot has a spectacular aura about Saibot has a spectacular aura about Saibot has a spectacular aura about Saibot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2007 05:52 PM
    Threads

well I like the Portuguese Sub because everyone's voice Looks fine and they say very well the card names but I like the Original one too

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

From what I heard, 4Kids stopped looking for new licenses and dropping their old ones off on other companies. They're focusing on original shows now, which is good for anime fans.

Junior Member cyber_angel is on a distinguished road cyber_angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2007 04:06 AM
    Threads

I agree that 4kids screwed up the show but i guess the original Jap was a bit violent and appeared some kind of nudity so as the company being called '4kids', they had to screw it up so it would be appropriate for young kids to watch i guess...plus they mainly focused on the dueling...

Senior Member Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Ire_Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2008 01:35 AM
    Threads

hehehe.. if you guys think the english dub is bad, u shud hear it in our language...hehe.... nothing beats japanese dub... ^__^

i loved you once...
    dont expect me to love you again...

Member Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:51 PM
    Threads

There's nothing worse than the dub. Mostly because they change too much in the series, especially nationalities, and the names... those are the worst. I mean, Jonouchi Katsuya, and Jonouchi Shizuka, and they made Joseph and Serenity Wheeler. That's dumb (the Jonouchi is their surname)

And not to mention the scenes they delete.

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2007 11:22 AM
    Threads

Who doesn't think so?

Member Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai is a splendid one to behold Yuki Judai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-04-2010 12:51 PM
    Threads

Really, honestly, if there wasn't the raw and subbed episodes, I'd stop watching.

And still there's worse in the dub names.

In GX season 3, the new entering caracters are all Aussies.

And Johan, the European Champion becomes Jesse, the dumb Aussie kid, who has no good sides at all.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I happened to LIKE Johan, too. ;-;

I stopped watching English GX after I heard the opening. I refuse to watch it now that someone with a gun-shaped duel disk is coming into the series, because I also happen to like HIM, too.

Keiko here~~~ Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter has a reputation beyond repute Interpreter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2009 05:46 PM
    Threads

I hated the dubbing too...
    Legend_S. Forever a great friend, will never forget you. R.I.P.

Made by dearest sis akari_aurion! XP Arigatou ne~

Closed Thread

Thread Information