AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Year of the Dog

Senior Member ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 11:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Thumbs down Year of the Dog

Ladies and gentlemen we shall now commence this thread with a brief introduction to my picture, you may skip this if you wish to do so, however you risk being kicked off my Christmas card list. So do make a wise decision.

*ahem*

I'll make this quick...well, no, not really. Read it all DARN IT!

Here's a random picture that I just finished not to long ago. I was fooling around with my sketch pad (you know that "doodling" thing you normal people do) and I ended up with this *sniff* glorius piece of art (excuse me for a moment). I really don't like how I colored this, which is why I'll get a second opinion:

It's The Psychotic Puppy, not that I know her or anything, but I heard that she was famous. Oh yeah, she's awesome. :3

Moving on...

Now, I'm no wimp (I'm not!) and I can take a few hits (maybe three) so don't hold back, I take all criticism with a grain of pepper (salt costs to much). If it'll help me to become a better artist, then say it (your house may get tagged, but I don't know anything about that).

Note: The text says "Year of the Dog" otherwise known as "Inu no nen"

Edit: Crap! I put the wrong date....again. ;_;
    Last edited by ThePsychoticPuppy; 01-14-2007 at 09:32 PM.
    ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA
    .::su gnoma llewd seippup citocysp::.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Yaoi addict - u go girl! gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_ has a reputation beyond repute gunslingergirl_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2010 10:34 PM
    Threads

thats pretty good. kind of reminds me of inuyasha. i like it though.
    "The Truest Life Is When Your Living Your Dreams Awake"

Senior Member ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy has much to be proud of ThePsychoticPuppy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's just who I took my inspiration from. :P

Thank you for the lovely feedback.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Heartless Soul Eater Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater has much to be proud of Heartless Soul Eater's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2007 10:54 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1005571177168540

It's really good the colors match perfectly. Nice job PsychoticPuppy

Sig made by -Ookami-

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh, why thanks again.

However, to expound on my muse, yes she does favor Inuyasha (the whole dog-ear thing, huh?). I didn't intend for it to be that way, but that's how she ended up. This was actually my first time drawing the character. Her outift is only a long kimono with pants, not a haori - traditional japanese overcoat. The pose is really nothing more than your "generic action pose." She's actually taking a battle stance, since I just made her a master of the Shoalin Long-fist (really, I just did as I was typing this).

There's a bit more information for you all.
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Member Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2007 01:40 PM
    Threads

its amazing, I love it, keep the good job up^_^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I appreciate all of your responses, really I do (I'm sending you two Christmas cards this year) but you must have some criticism about it. I know that the picture isn't perfect. You don't have to hold back just because I'm all cute and cuddly.

Any good tips on shading? Or how I could improve the next time? You don't have to be elaborate. Its just that getting too many "perfects" and "amazings" doesn't really help me to improve (and you all know how much I love improvement).
    ....KRAB?
    (!eRaWeB)

Senior Member mE. has a spectacular aura about mE. has a spectacular aura about mE.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2008 04:10 PM
    Threads

Thats awesome!
    But since you want criticism I'll give you criticism!
    OK first the shading is good, I don't think you need to improve anymore there.
    2nd did you blur the whole picture intentionally? If you did, than I guess thats ok too, but I like sharp pictures and blur only for the effects.
    And last but not least the lines look a little weird (on the robe, under the left hand). I guess the blur comes in handy there doesn't it ?

Oh wait, know that think of it there aren't to many/any shines, I think that there should be some on the hair.

But I really think its a great picture so none of these things really mater.

Keep up the good work (^_^)b
    Last edited by mE.; 01-15-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information