AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Soviet Saiyans? Saiyan Soviets?

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2013 03:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Post Soviet Saiyans? Saiyan Soviets?

...I found this rather amusing when I first noticed...

This is the Vostok 1 descent capsule (minus an original hatch or two) that brought Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin back from the first manned spaceflight in 1957.

This, of course, is Raditz's space pod.

Both capsules had to land on solid ground, but Gagarin ejected (by design) at a considerable altitude and parachuted down.

Do you guys think the resemblance was intentional or coincidence? I'd like to believe that it was a joke, but what do you think?
    | Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

I think it was a coincidence...knowing that most of the stuff on the anime are like drawn sort of futuristic. Most of the stuff might end up looking like that, like the houses and buildings...so yeah..spaceships are not out of the question...

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89 has a reputation beyond repute King_Shadow89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 05:30 PM
    Threads

I agree with Variados. We humans always creat things from our imagination and we sometimes draw them and wish they were reality sometimes.
    What did I do so bad that my account is locked?

Senior Member TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk! has a reputation beyond repute TheAsterisk!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Daring
    Gifts Globe Belle Floppy
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Parugin

Well...
    I thought it might have been by design because the Russians/Soviets had already had an appearance early in Dragonball.
    There was a large bear with a white shirt that had a large red star on it. I think he showed up at one of the tournaments, but was of no consequence to the plot.
    | Puppy Linux || Get it right. ||

If you would like to seek unification with my dynasty, simply plant the flag of the Central Asterikan Republic into your signature to join in the glory that is TheAsterism!

Member TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience has a reputation beyond repute TA'sSchizoidConscience's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-30-2010 09:12 AM
    Threads

The connection is that they are both upset if the are made fun of and the they are both some what scary. Also, KGB is on the Soviets side.
    [I, your Regional Governor, comand you to insert the most awesome, unrivalled signature ever seen by mortal eyes here, in the care of this particular user, "TA'sSchizoidConscience." I order this measure because of said user's high standing in my halls as our glorious nation's number one Executioner (1st Class). He will no doubt create the greatest signature in all of creation in accordance with my wishes, further glorifying this grand state of ours.]

Closed Thread

Thread Information