AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kenshin's OvA

Senior Member Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 07:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Kenshin's OvA

Any of you watched the OVA already? There's 2, if im not mistaken. One's Seishouhen and Tsukiokuhen... im not sure, but ive only watched the seishouhen, which's about kensin's life with kaoru after they get married and all. I would like to ask whether the ending for kenshin's life is fair to him or not. As for me, i don't think he deserved to get the disease, because he has done good in return of all the sins... T_T

^_^ My favourite band: Dong Bang Shin Ki
    Currenly favouring: Arisu Gakuen

Junior Member Jelem anime angel is on a distinguished road Jelem anime angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2007 06:53 PM
    Threads

Well actually I think it was unfair for him to die like that but actually it's really good because you never expected him to die just like that. A lot of people say that it is a masterpiece..... I wonder why?
    Kill Buddha as you meet him
    Kill the father as you meet him
    Never be captivated by anyone
    Just live as yourself the way you are
    -GENJO SANZO

Senior Member Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89 has a reputation beyond repute Yuki_89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jelem anime angel View Post
    Well actually I think it was unfair for him to die like that but actually it's really good because you never expected him to die just like that. A lot of people say that it is a masterpiece..... I wonder why?
    Masterpiece, yeah right... its so dreadful ='c ... but i loved the part where he got married to kaoru, its so cute...

Keyblade of Light -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi- has a reputation beyond repute -Kairi-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Naruto Sharingan Daggers Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2015 03:30 AM
    Threads

This is only my opinion, but, I liked both them. I have always liked Kenshin. o.o; He rocks, not to mention he is a cutie. o.O;; Eheh.

"When you turn and walk away you don't hear me say."

Member chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2007 04:33 AM
    Threads

Was it fair...I guess it was in a way, but that doesn't mean I have to like. Man did the ending make me bawl like a baby. Because of my reaction, one of my friends refused to watch that OVA so that she could make up her own happy ending hehe - I should have done that...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Remember the part where Kenshin returned to Kaoru's arms? He died on her lap, right? The bgm was so melancholy and sad! That's the first anime that i crried too. T_T Jeez, why does he have to die so fast? He can't even see Kenji getting married...

Member chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall is a splendid one to behold chaugall's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2007 04:33 AM
    Threads

Kenji getting married and Kenji's life full stop... I guess we just have to hope that Kenshin's master and Yaiko (spelling) are able to install some sense into the boy. But it’s sad that he'll never be able to know the Himura that we as an audience came to love.

Junior Member empress_e is on a distinguished road empress_e's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 06:52 PM
    Threads

I completely refuse to finish the last OVA. I don't care how much I love Nobuhiro Watsuki... but I have to have happy endings! *sigh* I guess I could live with Kenshin's death... but this last OVA doesn't feel like him anymore. He's lost that underlying personality that I loved so much in the series. Granted, it wasn't there in Trust or Betrayal, but he was battousai so it was understandable. Mou... I wish that I could pretend that I didn't know how Reflections ended...

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think reflections was horrible. But this thread should probably have a spoiler tag on it.

I think they ended Kenshin's life in a bad way. He shouldn't have been away from Kaoru for so long and his death should have been more then dying under cherryblossoms. I mean, he was greater then that. I cried because of how sad and pathetic Kenshin looked when he died. It was horrifying.

Senior Member Dark_Cloud-Xiao has a spectacular aura about Dark_Cloud-Xiao has a spectacular aura about Dark_Cloud-Xiao's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2008 01:16 AM
    Threads

i haven't watched that movie and i don't plan to. i already read about it on the net and don't want to watch it at all. i don't think that killing kenshin and then kaoru later was good at all

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Trust and Betrayal...greates OVA!
    About him being Hitokiri Battosai,about his life...
    2nd OVA,known as Reflection...suck's...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

I've only seen the first OAV and that is a true masterpeice, I watched part of the tv series but Kenshins voice got on my nerves, soo I didn't finish it, subsequently I haven't watched the second OAV *yet*.....

Junior Member Murderous_Toaster has a spectacular aura about Murderous_Toaster has a spectacular aura about Murderous_Toaster has a spectacular aura about Murderous_Toaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 09:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ;__; Yeh... right..

Smile Gyaaaahhh!!! @-@

The OVAs.... SUCK!! OOOhh... they suck hard... >.> Sorry.. I is hyper right now...!!

For nearly anyone who's read the manga first... teh OVA's suck @-@

I detest SONY's false ending. Sony ruined it. The first OVA was alright... >.< they should have stopped it there..>.<

Watsuki's original manga is the real masterpeice..!!!

@-@ thank you...I apologize for mini-ranting.
    If I had a nickle for every e-mail...
    I'd throw them at people in the food court,
    From that railing, like.. up above.
    Yayyy..!! Murderous Toaster makes signatures now! She'll do them for free, as well----If you ask nicely.
    (>' ')> This is Kirby. Add Kirby to your signature to help it on it's quest to eat bunny and gain world domination.

RETIRED. Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

oo' They don't suck. Chu do. I saw them both and they were decent.
    (x Retiring from this site. Am moving to Osaki, Miyagi in two weeks ( as of 5.29.15 ). I don't know if this site is blocked over there and I'd rather not deal with the mess. G'bye, scrub lords!

Member Kartoon Kween is just really nice Kartoon Kween is just really nice Kartoon Kween is just really nice Kartoon Kween is just really nice Kartoon Kween's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2008 12:45 AM
    Threads

I loved the OAVs, especially Reflections. I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings.

However.

You must understand that I watched the OAVs long before I completed the manga. After reading the manga, I realized that the OAVs - especially Reflections - really missed the point that Watsuki was trying to make. Anyone who read the manga will know what I mean, so I won't specify.

Member Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar has a reputation beyond repute Eskar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2007 09:18 AM
    Threads

I like OVAs more than TV version... I think, that's cause it more mature.
    Hmm... And I think, the 2nd OVA is not so good... But not too bad.
    Goronian is my private property. Nobody can touch him, look at him, or even stay near him. In the case it happens I'll bite off the leg of that human. Or ear. Or head.

Junior Member Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai is a splendid one to behold Gakai's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2007 10:28 AM
    Threads

Yeah the two OAV is really amazing..i love the part of kenshin dying in the arms of kaoru.. and the part of Tomoe and Shinta the bitterness of the 2 movie is really great..

Senior Member Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox has a reputation beyond repute Atrumrox's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-25-2007 06:08 AM
    Threads

Kenshin is not a fool. I also think the manga was better. But Kenshin is my HERO and i think no matter how he died its ok because in the end he managed to live a happy life, and gain redemption for his past sins. To say that he should have died in battle is to demean the gentle person he was. To say that such a humble man should have had a grander ending is to say that his humble nature was wrong. Kenshin is too awsome for anything that happens to matter. It is sad that he died... but his legacy will live on through Yahiko, and i think as long as Yahiko can manage to spread his message of peace and the vow not to kill... that Kenshin will smile in heaven. (Sorry if this sounds gay)
    Last edited by Ωmega; 11-22-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    "Life isnt worth living if you dont do it all and do it well"
    If i can help one person, just ONE person, then my life will have truly been worthwhile.
    Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

The Janitor Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados has a reputation beyond repute Variados's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2011 10:55 AM
    Threads

I like trust and Betrayal, I watched long ago, and several times...it got me... I cried...I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... That is the point where Kenshi made a promised and made the real Kenshi....the sweet, awsome, hardcore Kenshin.... I have not seen the Reflections, I started watching it and after five minutes playing I stopped....and I am not ready to watch the end just yet. I already know the end, but still I am not ready... I believe the way he died is a desireable way of dying for some one who saw a bunch of violence in their life time. I think it might have not being heroic but it was peaceful. After all he did all his fighting at the right time and it shows that no matter how strong a person is they will die. Death is a fair end. So, yeah his death was fair just because how he lived his life....I am sorry people but I do believe that a hero should not become a hero just because they died in combat...like most heroes becomes heroes...so his death made him respectable because no man was able to defeat him, just nature was the only one to say time to go dude.

YAY... It appear that BOREDOM strikes quite often!!

Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 09:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

...happy ending,bleah! Come on =/ Slaying and killing suits the real Kenshin,and the ending is really good,tho it's not happy...
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.

||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

Junior Member ~*Samara*Densuke*~ will become famous soon enough ~*Samara*Densuke*~ will become famous soon enough ~*Samara*Densuke*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2008 08:14 PM
    Threads

Ova's are better the tv versions all the way

Junior Member HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

The first OVA Tusiokuhen was awesome! In fact, I preferred it to the anime. Seisouhen was terrible. It was so OOC. Any Kenshin fan who knows anything about the story would know that Kenshin would never really turn his back on Kaoru and Kenji as he does in the OVA.

The only thing I liked in the last OVA was Kenji as a teen, hence my avatar.
    Call me Scarred Sword Heart!

Fanfiction Haru ni Sakura Yahiko no Sakabatou

Member MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam has a reputation beyond repute MobilepoopGundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2008 10:45 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the Wii

Quote Originally Posted by empress_e View Post
    I completely refuse to finish the last OVA. I don't care how much I love Nobuhiro Watsuki... but I have to have happy endings! *sigh* I guess I could live with Kenshin's death... but this last OVA doesn't feel like him anymore. He's lost that underlying personality that I loved so much in the series. Granted, it wasn't there in Trust or Betrayal, but he was battousai so it was understandable. Mou... I wish that I could pretend that I didn't know how Reflections ended...
    He killed people, Karma striking back.

It's a little obvious his story wasn't going to have a happy ending.

Junior Member HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu is a splendid one to behold HitokiriJinchuu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

In the original story, he does get a happy ending. The OVA makers just decided they knew better than the original author how Kenshin's life should go.
    Call me Scarred Sword Heart!

Fanfiction Haru ni Sakura Yahiko no Sakabatou

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Gene Tonic
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2015 07:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

That is correct, the manga finished with a happy ending, and the second OVA re-told the end of the manga, and changed it to be more tragic. Thats why a lot of people don't accept the second OVA as part of the Kenshin canon.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information