AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evanescence

Member Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2007 02:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Regardless of the mess-ups, I have seen bands that are way better live than Evanescence. I love her voice, and I think the range of it is absoultely beautiful, but to me, it seems lost when she attempts it in concert. *shrug* That's just my opinion.
    Like I said, she messes up some times. Like every musician known to man does. No one's perfect. Anyway she has improved a great deal since the Fallen era. I've watched a couple of videos of her from late 2006 and 2007 and she didn't mess up nearly as much as what she used to. Look at Ozzy. He's a great singer now, but it wasn't always like that. During the Sabbath days he messed up constantly live and didn't have nearly the range he does now.

I guess that's what really annoys me. And you're kidding yourself if you think there's nothing even slightly sterotypical about their image.
    I can say where you are coming from but I can't bring myself to agree. It's just my opinion but I do not think Amy "promote a certain image". She simply has her own way of dressing. Atleast Amy isn't one of those singers who have to dress normally to sell records. There are many singers out there who would never sell records if they dressed like her (I'll give you a hint 95.9% of all American Pop musicians). Anyway, she has ditched the goth thing now.

I'm sorry if I come off as disrespectful. I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm just presenting my opinion on your comments. Not that my opinion is fact. I just wanted to give you a different view on things.
    Last edited by Okita-Kun; 02-01-2007 at 01:17 PM.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

I really must agree with Okita-Kun...
    That's her way of dressing,and there's nothing stereotypical about it...
    And if I may say - I really liked her way of dressing!
    As Okita-Kun said,she has ditched that way now,but I liked goth style better...

As for the mess-ups - just look at system of a down for example => you cannot say that their live songs can be compared with those met on albums...
    No offense SOAD fans,but really-there are many bands that screw up their songs live...
    It's true about Amy too,but still,she's improving by doing her best on stage...
    I did say that she sucks live,I admit it,but still-she's way more better than few bands nowadays.
    Everytime she's better and better,which cannot be said for many bands now...
    So,in short-I agree with Okita-Kun in every way...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Member Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions...&defaultID=588

I highly suggest any Evanescence fan to check out those videos. They are amazing. Amy sounded so perfect in these videos.

Senior Member xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx has much to be proud of xX_Why do i love you_Xx's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2007 12:29 PM
    Threads

they are the best band! i love amy lee! i even know how to play some of their songs on violin and piano! and i noteiced a anime character that looks like amy in egroproxy...
    i don't love you
    like i loved you
    yesterday
    i don't love you
    like i loved you
    yesterday...

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

Like I said, she messes up some times. Like every musician known to man does. No one's perfect. Anyway she has improved a great deal since the Fallen era.
    I get what you're saying. I really didn't mean to be insulting about it all, or say that she's horrendous in concert. It's just from what I seen, it's not the best. And I just like a good voice in concert, that's all. I'm sure she's improved since then, like all artists.

Atleast Amy isn't one of those singers who have to dress normally to sell records. There are many singers out there who would never sell records if they dressed like her (I'll give you a hint 95.9% of all American Pop musicians).
    So, it's bad if a band/artist dresses normally and sells records? Wouldn't that mean they have talent enough not to dress up to get people to pay attention? I don't get what you're saying, honestly. 95.9% of American Pop Musicians have to wear scantily clad clothes and dance around provacatively and all that other junk. But they're doing that because they lack talent, and have nothing more to offer. Evanescence do have more to offer, and that was my point. But in essence, both the sexy dancers and Evanescence dress up. So while the elaborate costumes are very pretty, to me, they shouldn't really be a requirement. If Evanescence were a mainly-visual band, then I could understand. But they really aren't.

That's her way of dressing,and there's nothing stereotypical about it...
    And if I may say - I really liked her way of dressing!
    Oh, I liked it too, don't get me wrong! ^_^ It is very pretty and it does suit her. But I know people look at her and say, "Um, goth!" And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just...I've never been a big fan of stereotypes, and I just think the more people dress up in a certain part, the more it adds to it all. Like I said, there's millions of kids saying, "oh ya, I liek Evanescence dey r liek goth n stuff n so am i!" And it's just annoying to me, because I'm more of a "listen to music for the music" sort of person rather than a "listen to the music because their style is pretty and I like their clothes too" thing. Gah, I can't explain very well, but I hope you know what I mean. Or at least understand. Or something. xD

I'm sorry if I come off as disrespectful. I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong. I'm just presenting my opinion on your comments. Not that my opinion is fact. I just wanted to give you a different view on things.
    Oh, no, don't apologize. You are not disrespectful in the slightest. It's good to hear a different view on things - I welcome it. Besides, why would I want to be stuck wallowing in my own thoughts when I can hear other's as well? Change is good.

And anyway, this is all my opinion too.
    At least we can all agree that Evanescence is a good band.
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

99.9% Anime Addict Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind has a reputation beyond repute Gelica'sUnwoundMind's Avatar
    Gil
    Question
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 08:15 PM
    Partying in the Soul Society with Rangiku Matsumoto
    Threads

I really like their music and would have to say that "Call Me When Your Sober" comes to mind for my fave!
    This is Mashimaro! He is after AF world domination! If you support
    add a pic of him to your sig and what not!

Member Moonlight Densetsu will become famous soon enough Moonlight Densetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2007 04:24 PM
    Threads

Evanescence is one of my favorite bands. In my opinion Amy has a pretty voice.
    Sig made by

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So, it's bad if a band/artist dresses normally and sells records?
    No. It's fine if a band dresses normally. It's bad if a band cannot sell records if they dress abnormally. What' I'm trying to say is that it goes either way. Some bands cannot sell records if they do not have sex appeal.

Junior Member kitty ki-chan will become famous soon enough kitty ki-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-03-2007 09:27 PM
    Threads

Evanescence is cool. there 2nd album sounded more mature than the first one.
    love dosen't come form a wish or a hunt. love comes by it's self.

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 09:15 PM
    Threads

I used to listen to her because I liked her, but I don't really like her songs anymore and I don't know why; it's weird. I don't like "Call me when you're sober" but the music video was nice.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

Senior Member shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2008 06:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Me View Post
    Um, you obviously haven't seen their style. It's more fantasy/gothic than anything else. Evanescence is without a doubt NOT emo.
    i think Evanescence is so emo it's the reason i like the band i got more into my emo side when i listen too them

thank ur lucky *stars* PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts has a reputation beyond repute PigFarts's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 10:33 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Amy Lee sucks Live.
    Of COURSE she's gonna suck live. Her voice style is very demanding and to sing like that in a rock concert everynight during the year is very straining. It just means that she needs more training.

But anyway, I love Evanescene. I think their new CD "The Open Door," is better than the previous one, "Fallen." My favorite sonf is Good Enough...ugh, so pretty!

I'm a Jhonen Vasquez fan! Yay for me! (http://sianach.org/jhonen)

Z?

thanks to "sleeves" @ livejournal for the avatar!

I used to be "inuyasha_rox_my_sox1089". I'm not so sure about this new name tbqh...

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    can't stand them. Boring, repeatative sound, and she has a very annoying voice. And is simply not listenable live.
    I agree with the exception that I think she has a good voice, but doesn't use it to its full extent. She always keeps the same tones and notes, and doesn't change it up, which just feeds into the repetitiveness. I also dislike their lyrics. I think she would be more suited to softer, slower music, something along the lines of KT Tunstall's "The Other Side of the World".

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

//12 elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Jigsaw Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:36 PM
    Threads

I absolutely despise Amy Lee. Her face is too photoshopped, her voice is too nasally, and she's too repetitive. She's said in two seperate interviews that almost every male she's come into contact with has "abused" her. She only sings about herself and how everyone has hurt her in some way. (the really funny thing is, is that in said interview, she claims that being a millionaire is "hard work")

you know why she only seems to sound good in certain shows? that's because they use recordings of her voice from other shows occasionally. They ALWAYS use recordings of her playing the piano. I don't think she's ever played it live.

also, if anyone calls her a fashion designer, i'm shooting someone.

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks Okita-Kun for that link...

As for Dolores Haze - I think that Bring me to Life acoustic version she has done pretty well...You really cannot say that that was recorded voice,I mean just look at it,it's clearly seen that it was very live...
    Anyway,it does not matter if she's playing piano or not,what's matter is that she's doing her best to create good show...

And I'd like to see that you be a millionaire,and then I might listen to what you said...
    Many people thinks that being so rich is easy thing,but if you look at some deeper facts,you'll realise that you're wrong...

And what do you have against her outfit?It seems many people dislike her outfit,but I find it prety attractive,I like gothic style...I'll never say she's a fashion designer,but you shouldn't judge of her because of that,and other small things...

Anyway,I will never know how people can dislike someone if they don't even know that person...
    I mean,it's ok to have your opinion about her outfit and everything else,but I just cannot understand how can you dislike her,when I'm pretty sure that you dont know her...

//12 elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie has a brilliant future elodie's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Teal Ribbon Jigsaw Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2013 05:36 PM
    Threads

You can tell quite a bit about a person through interviews. Also, I wasn't talking about all of her clothing. I was talking about the clothing that she's "designed". She once safety-pinned a bunch of pieces of fabric together and called it a masterpiece. She said being a millionaire was hard because she had to have all her money in seperate banks, etc. That doesn't sound hard to me. I'm talking about her live shows, not anything that was recorded on a CD. Everything on CD is studio-editted to hell and back anyway, that's why it sounds much nicer.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I see...
    I'm sorry if I offended you...

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

there 2nd album sounded more mature than the first one.
    It did? I guess in the sense of "I'm stronger than before" it does. And in the sense of her voice. But the songwriting on The Open Door significantly deteriated from Fallen. On their recent album, it seems all she sang about was being in a relationship with a guy who isn't good for her. I have no qualms with songs about relationships, but the majority of the album was just that, and I need variety. On Fallen, there were mutiple themes, like death, faith, dreams, and fakeness. I enjoyed that.

i think Evanescence is so emo it's the reason i like the band i got more into my emo side when i listen too them
    I was referring to their style, not the music. Though truthfully, the music isn't at all emo either. It's semi-depressing, but not all the time. When someone says emo, I think of music that says "my girlfriend dumped me/this girl doesn't like me so I'm going to complain when my life is very privileged, o dark hole of sadness plz kill mee." And that is not Evanescence.

I think she would be more suited to softer, slower music, something along the lines of KT Tunstall's "The Other Side of the World".
    I actually agree.

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

you know why she only seems to sound good in certain shows? that's because they use recordings of her voice from other shows occasionall
    Actually, it's just because she has good days and bad days like absolutely ever human being. I'd like to see you play a perfect show every time especially when you are doing things as difficult as she does.

They ALWAYS use recordings of her playing the piano. I don't think she's ever played it live.
    http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions...&defaultID=588
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=IZgeLIpOS1o
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3v0dL8-s9jk
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bsaNf3kn2TU
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=dOwoeUQAZY4
    Last edited by Okita-Kun; 02-07-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Again,thanks for the links Okita-Kun...
    Personally I liked how she did My Immortal,it's awesome!
    And I liked Thoughtless pretty much...
    I never used online watching so much,but this...wow!
    From there we can clearly see that she does NOT used recordings of piano...
    Last edited by Hamashimura; 02-08-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mmm, I didn't really like her version of Thoughtless. To me, it didn't suit anything at all. Her voice isn't the kind of voice I think of singing "I want you crying when you're bloody at the foot of me." It kind of ruined it for me.

And it also seemed she randomly decided that Korn was a good band to tribute. Sorta weird, in my view...

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Again,thanks for the links Okita-Kun...
    You're very welcome.

From there we can clearly see that she does NOT used recordings of piano...
    She doesn't use recordings for songs that piano plays a major role. However, in Going Under, Taking Over Me, and Imaginary she does use recordings. I think it's also clear that if you watch more than one live show of Evanescence you see that Amy Lee can make a good transition from album to stage a good part of the time. People need to realize that she has a very demanding voice and it's hard if not impossable to hit those notes every time without messing up.

And it also seemed she randomly decided that Korn was a good band to tribute. Sorta weird, in my view
    Could you please explain to me what you mean by this?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Could you please explain to me what you mean by this?
    Well, when I usually think of someone covering someone else's song, I think of them choosing songs that are very influential. Someone big and established as a groundbreaking band. Korn isn't that kind of band. And I know that covers range from far and wide, but I don't know. To me it seemed like it was out of place.

Also...I apologize if you like Korn, but I think there are way better songs to cover from better bands. I'm not saying that they suck, because I like them a bit, but Evanescence isn't even slightly similar to them. Like I said, her voice really didn't fit the song. That's probably why she didn't sing the "I got my monkey back against the wall" part. Her voice isn't meant for that type of singing. So to me, I say she shouldn't have done it at all and picked a better song to cover, something that's more of her range.

This is just my opinion. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It didn't offend me. However, I don't think Amy Lee had any rules to follow when she made the cover. They simply liked the song and decided to cover it. I can agree wtih you that her voice really doesn't go with that song but I don't think it really mattered to them because they were doing it for theirselves before anyone else.

I think that made sense.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know you're right. There isn't any rules to follow when it comes to covers. I just think it was a bit out of place, that's all. Eh.

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Closed Thread

Thread Information