AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evanescence

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Evanescence

I really like this band,it's awesome.I can even say that this is my favorite band...Anyone knows where's to find their never-ment-to-be-released song called You?I heard there are ppl who own it,even though that song was not public(it's made for their close friends,cousins and family),but I'd really like to hear it...
    I really like them,I like all their songs,but I'll list some that I find the best:
    My Immortal,Haunted,Where will you go,Exodus,Bring me to life,Before the dawn,Lies etc.
    Anyway,anyone here likes Evanescence?
    If you do,what do you think of them,if you don't then what do you don't like about them,your fav song,etc?
    Fell free to tell anything about them...

EDIT:Not favorite anymore
    Last edited by Hamashimura; 07-09-2007 at 09:26 AM.
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Oath of Blood Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death has a reputation beyond repute Kiss of Death's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cookie Wine Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2014 03:04 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

yea, evanescence is cool. i love her song "snow white Queen"
    Onew by Ωmega
    "If my joy brings you happiness, I am thankful"

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

Terrible, absolutely terrible. I cannot stand them. Amy Lee sucks Live.

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

I like Evanescence. I always have. Their music isn't what you'd call groundbreaking or wonderfully spectacular, but it's a good listen. Their older stuff is great. My favorite song is October - such a wondeful, beautiful song! I adore it.

I've heard "You", and also have it on a cd. However, I only got it by downloading it. It's a very pretty song, but I can't listen to it more than once on account of the lyrics (kinda too low self-esteemy for me).

Their recent album didn't have much of an impact on me. "Call Me When You're Sober" is a catchy one, I like the beginning of "Lithium", and my favorite is probably "Lacrymosa". I guess I just prefer more of the Evanescence that wasn't all about "you dumped me".

The only downside to the band (to me) is the whole "goth image" thing. Amy is a beautiful woman, but I think she needs to toss the whole sterotype thing aside. Her voice speaks for itself. And yes, that style can be pretty, but it gets annoying sometimes. She has an incredibly amazing voice, and that should be first. However...

Amy Lee sucks Live.
    Sadly, it's very true.
    Last edited by Abstract Me; 01-10-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Junior Member Meroko Yui can only hope to improve Meroko Yui's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2007 07:28 PM
    Threads

Evanescence is the best! I wont forgive people who hate her!
    I especially love her song, "Where will you go?" and "Lithium."

Dangerously Adorable!

Junior Member inu-papa is on a distinguished road inu-papa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2007 10:29 AM
    Threads

YEAH shes a good singer her second CD sounded like halloween time, spooky and may i say her emo look is freakin sweet
    Last edited by inu-papa; 01-14-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Inutaisho will never be forgotten

Member Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan has a brilliant future Ashleigh-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2007 03:21 PM
    Threads

Yeah. Evanescence is...good. Some of their songs are great, some of their songs are great, and a few others are complete duds. I love their songs 'Snow White Queen' and 'Bring Me to Life.' And a few others, might I add. ^^"

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Amy Lee sucks Live.
    I also must agree on that *sigh*

But otherwise its pretty good. I like her older stuff like Hello and Imaginary more then the newer songs that most people like today.

I like the name of the band as well since the first three letters spell my name. ^ ^
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

can't stand them. Boring, repeatative sound, and she has a very annoying voice. And is simply not listenable live.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

and may i say her emo look is freakin sweet
    Um, you obviously haven't seen their style. It's more fantasy/gothic than anything else. Evanescence is without a doubt NOT emo.

But I still say they should chunk it.

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Senior Member kakashi the copy ninja is on a distinguished road kakashi the copy ninja's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-05-2007 10:39 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Me View Post
    Um, you obviously haven't seen their style. It's more fantasy/gothic than anything else. Evanescence is without a doubt NOT emo.

But I still say they should chunk it.

I agree Evanescence has never been emo ad if they did go emo thye would suck. Emo music is just rich kids complaining about how they hate their money or them selves or something. That is not Evanescence.

Senior Member Melody Melancholy has a spectacular aura about Melody Melancholy has a spectacular aura about Melody Melancholy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2007 05:11 AM
    Threads

I LOVE the band Evanescene. I two of their CDs, The Open Door and Fallen. I really love the song Sweet Sacrifice.
    PM me if you want to be friends...
    And this sig was made by ~*Dizzy*~

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Orignally posted by Ryth
    Amy Lee sucks Live.
    Well,sadly,I agree too...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

They're alright, but only if you like to hear the same thing over and over and over again. They need more variety.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

ChibiFireAngel was here dieing25 is infamous around these parts dieing25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2008 05:39 PM
    Threads

I though they where alsome for years then I found a band that owns amy lee it is called Flyleaf.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Why are they so popular? All their songs, to me, sound too much alike. And Amy Lee... ugh.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Member Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2007 02:34 PM
    Threads

I would just like to say to everyone that says Amy Lee sucks live, I have seen Evanescence twice I thought both were amazing shows. Yes, Amy Lee messes up from time to time, but the thing is, if you guys attempted to get as high as she can get, you would most likely mess up every time. Every musician messes up.

As for the emo/goth thing. Amy doesn't need to scrap anything. She can dress however she wants and there is nothing stereotypical about how she dresses. Anyway, why does that matter if it doesn't effect the music.

For those saying that Evanescence are repetitive, listen to Bring Me To Life, Going Under, and Hello, then listen to Call Me When You're Sober, Snow White Queen, and Lacrymosa, after that listen to Field of Innocence, October, and Lies. Do this and tell me that. They are far from repetitive.

I love Evanescence. They're actually in my top 5 favorites. As for my favorite songs, all of them. Particularly, Good Enough, Bring Me To Life, Haunted, Whisper, Lithium, Going Under, Taking Over Me, Imaginary, and everything else they've ever done.

Senior Member shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2008 06:04 PM
    Threads

i like amy lee she can sing good i really love the song "lithium"
    but i really dont understand it

Member Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun is just really nice Okita-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2007 02:34 PM
    Threads

but i really dont understand it
    A quote from Amy Lee on the meaning of Lithium.

"It's not literal, it's not literal about the drug for me, I've never taken lithium before. It's sort of a metaphor about numbness and happiness and sort of like, it's me looking at happiness in a negative way because I've always been, you know, kind of afraid to be happy. Like with the band and the art and everything else, it's always like I'm never letting myself break through into the happiness it seems like, because it's not cool or something. And describing happiness is lithium, it's like saying 'that's numbness, I won't be able to be an artist anymore if I'm happy', which is hilarious because that's just not true, I'm happy. So it's like this fight within the song of like 'do I do this and get out of here and get happy or do I wallow in it like I always do?' and it's cool because at the end of the song I say 'I'm going to let it go', like I am going to be happy."

Member AngelMiki will become famous soon enough AngelMiki will become famous soon enough AngelMiki's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2014 06:52 AM
    Threads

I like them. I love their song "Call Me When You're Sober". ^^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would just like to say to everyone that says Amy Lee sucks live, I have seen Evanescence twice I thought both were amazing shows. Yes, Amy Lee messes up from time to time, but the thing is, if you guys attempted to get as high as she can get, you would most likely mess up every time. Every musician messes up.
    Regardless of the mess-ups, I have seen bands that are way better live than Evanescence. I love her voice, and I think the range of it is absoultely beautiful, but to me, it seems lost when she attempts it in concert. *shrug* That's just my opinion.

As for the emo/goth thing. Amy doesn't need to scrap anything. She can dress however she wants and there is nothing stereotypical about how she dresses. Anyway, why does that matter if it doesn't effect the music.
    True, I guess it doesn't really affect the music. I just don't like it when a band promotes a certain image. I really think music should be about music. There's nothing wrong with style, but I think playing dress up should go to artists that don't have more to offer. Evanescence has good music and Amy has a wonderful voice. That's all that should draw someone into listening to them. Instead, you have silly little teenagers who flock to buy their cds and shirts because they think they're being "cool" and "gothic". Those kids wouldn't give a second thought to the band if they dressed normally. I guess that's what really annoys me. And you're kidding yourself if you think there's nothing even slightly sterotypical about their image.

And about the repetitive thing, not all of their songs sound the same. Just some. I can see where someone would say that they sound the same though. Her piano works do have a tint of identicality, and the guitar riffs on some of the songs on Fallen sound only one or two notes apart. It's still good music all around though.

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Junior Member Kyokospaz will become famous soon enough Kyokospaz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2007 01:18 PM
    Threads

I agree. I used to listen to her everyday, but that was their first album. I don't listen to it very often. *Tear* =)
    Yaoi=Happy Young Girls?!

(DOES YOUR MOTHER KNOW?! ) XD

She probably does.

Angelic elf Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy has a reputation beyond repute Elfy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 08:44 AM
    Threads

I really like this band, I enjoy their music alot and Amy Lee has a great voice.

sig made by me

Gundam mad little brother - "red"

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Evanescence is the best. Love alll of their songs

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

I never liked them. Not because I though they weren't talented or anything, I just don't like their sound. Though I do think Amy Lee is super pretty. She sort of embodies the whole neo-goth thing she's got going on.

Closed Thread

Thread Information