AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: For SailorMoon Watchers...

Senior Member Breezy is infamous around these parts Breezy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2007 09:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Anime likes to exaggerate.
    is that a bad thing? i like to see blood in the anime/manga shows

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Jeanne View Post
    You are quite wrong about Sailormoon. In fact, during the third season for example (Sailormoon S), it takes 3 or so episodes for Sailormoon to defeat Pharoh 90. In Sailormoon SuperS, it takes more than 2 episodes to defeat Nehelenia, and the battle carries on into the beginning of the next season, which would be Stars. The last and final battle with Galaxia takes several episodes as well. You should read up on your Sailormoon information before you make a comment like that. = )
    It did not take 3 episodes to defeat Pharaoh 90, because Pharaoh 90 appeared and was destroyed in the same episode. Sailor Saturn destroyed Pharaoh 90 in about 4 minutes, Sailor Moon presumably only brought her back alive. There was no "final battle" against Nehelenia like final battles against boss enemies in other seasons. The battle also didnt "drag" into Stars. Nehelenia was sealed away in the New Moon in SuperS and the series had a happy ending, then Galaxia freed her from imprisonment in Stars. It wasnt dragged, it was a second ending. And "the last and final battle" against Sailor Galaxia only lasted 3 minuets and 52 seconds of one episode. But there were numerous battles with Galaxia that took place over four episodes to get to that point. You're confusing the climax of the season with the final battle. Stars and Galaxia is the only case that drags like episodes in DBZ.

And this whole blood thing is ridiculous. Sailor Moon does not need blood and is better off without it. Sailor Moon is not DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Then watch the anime that have it and stop complaining about the ones that dont.
    Last edited by Quik; 04-12-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog has a reputation beyond repute zerog's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-20-2009 01:20 PM
    Threads

it is a great anime overall...

To say is easy, To do that is hard... (Rurouni Kenshin)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    And this whole blood thing is ridiculous. Sailor Moon does not need blood and is better off without it. Sailor Moon is not DBZ.

Then watch the anime that have it and stop complaining about the ones that dont.

well I think it would have made the whole show better if it had more blood in it.

also I do watch the anime shows that have it ( inuyasha, kenshin, bleach, etc......) oh and I am not complaining I am just saying when you fight on the level they do you are most likely to bleed.

Junior Member TinNya is on a distinguished road TinNya's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2007 09:52 PM
    Threads

what do you mean? when i said the more blood the better i was being sarcastic thats all.
    That Contradicts....

This.

Im just saying.

Also,

because how much blood can be on someones hand after patting someone on the back
    Well, Jeepers. Why dont you put your hand on an open wound? It doesnt say that she patted him on the back, opened a wound and it bled on her.

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    Actually Miss Sarcasm, they show it all the time in the manga. A LOT of it. And they show it in the anime a little bit. Like when Usagi smacks Mamoru on the back, she sees blood on her hand from his previous injury. They didn't even remove that scene in the edited version.
    Ok the girsl don't have on body suits their leotards only protect their upper body and and some part of their lower body which leaves their arms and long legs exposed
    So, your the expert on the composition of sailor suits now? Im so sure they had spandex in the Moon Kingdom :P

Just while we are talking about assumptions, Id like to point out....

I am so glad you've joined us again but any way goku vegita and the other DBZ fighters are a different breed of humans who can withstand many powerful blows
    Where does that wonderful nugget of 'fact' come from?

Observations?

So...like...your allowed to assume things but no one else is?

And...the DBZ fighters are allowed to be special and withstand things and the Senshi arent?

That logic is a little round.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by TinNya View Post
    That Contradicts....

This.

Im just saying.

Also,

Well, Jeepers. Why dont you put your hand on an open wound? It doesnt say that she patted him on the back, opened a wound and it bled on her.

So, your the expert on the composition of sailor suits now? Im so sure they had spandex in the Moon Kingdom :P

Just while we are talking about assumptions, Id like to point out....

Where does that wonderful nugget of 'fact' come from?

Observations?

So...like...your allowed to assume things but no one else is?

And...the DBZ fighters are allowed to be special and withstand things and the Senshi arent?

That logic is a little round.
    Why are u bring up old stuff? ( just asking)

Well the thing with the DBZ fighters that was not an assumption that was fact because if u watched the show ( just saying) u could tell the difference between the "regular" humans and the "special" humans. right?

but from what clips i have seen from sailormoon i have yet to see them bleed. at least u could tell that the DBZ fighters were some what of a human

I never said people couldnt make their own assumptions

Member silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar is a jewel in the rough silvernutbar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2007 05:10 PM
    in that place with a roof, walls, and a tv.
    Threads

The only thing special about the dragon ball z fighters is that they could eat a bean and suddenly be completely healed. Quick im dying... give me a bean!

sheesh. That being said, I actually LIKE dragonball Z. It's got a great over all storyline, even if the plot sometimes seems more convoluted than anything naoko takeuchi ever stuck into sailor moon.

Where do people get the idea sailormoon is bloodless? There is most certainly blood. It's more artisitically shown, and far less seen than dragon ball z but it's certainly there. When Neflite gets brutally stabbed in the chest, and molly tries to drag it out of his body, there was certainly a great deal of blood..

He died, eventually of a massive chest wound after being killed for betraying the negaverse.

Tuxedo mask has been stabbed and bled on multiple occasions.

The girls have each had at least trickles of blood formed at the edge of their mouths on one occasion a piece.

Tuxedo mask has embedded his projectile roses into more, hands, heads, legs, feet, and what have you than you can shake a stick at.

The ginzuishou might be a convenient 'ressurection' device.. but usagi has to come close to killing herself every single time she uses it to bring someone back.. man they could use a few beans... so much simpler.

Where was neflite's bean... poor guy never got his parfait..

Malachite got ripped into by his own power projectile.

outside of blood, the senshi have been electrocuted. burnt, crushed, beaten physically and magically within an inch of their lives, and on some occasions beyond.

I forget how many minions of the negaverse serena cut in half with her tiara.

Beyond the fighting area, sailormoon had homosexual relationships in the first season! (or was it second? I forget if the negaverse arc ends in one season or takes two, with the doom tree being the third?

It had coming of age stuff, it had serious repercussions for failure. Every kind of human romantic relationship had a place in the sailormoon world. lesbian, gay man love, transexual stuff (sorry but if ranma from ranma 1/2 gets stuck being called aqua transexual, then the sailor starlights are trannies too.)

When characters died, they didn't always get to come back. neflite, for one, several people from the negamoon family.

In the end though, comparing dragnball z and sailormoon is pointless.

Both shows have a lot in common, but the story is told in different ways.

The fights of sailor moon are more artistic in nature, more symbolic.

Dragonball z.. slam someone's head into something till they die.

If either one of these series were 'real life' though, both would be horribly bloody and heart wrenching realities.
    Shop smart.. shop s-mart! Especially if you want classic anime and random crap. (I ain't s-mart.. but it'll do. lol. Rock Bands Unlimited! Online Shopping, music, anime, and more!

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

I love both Sailor Moon and DBZ, though Sailor Moon will have a more special place in my heart because it was my gateway anime also.

Now, to Breezy:

Whatever claims you may have, you have to realize that Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z are very different anime. Excessive bleeding and brutal fist fights work in Dragonball Z, but they don't fit Sailor Moon. Likewise, pretty pink heart attacks and short sailor skirts wouldn't seem right in DBZ. You have to accept that they were targeted to different audiences and are never going to be the same. Therefore, you can't compare them AT ALL.

And I detest that you think anime can only be good/worthwhile if there is physical fighting and blood. There are plenty of anime that are popular (and wonderful to boot) that have no fist fights or blood. Hell, the first ever anime to win an Academy Award was Spirited Away - devoid of any brutality. It has a wonderful story, and like someone already said, that's all you really need.

If you like fighting anime, then that's great. But don't put down other's interests or other anime just because they don't fit up your high standards.
    Last edited by Abstract Me; 05-24-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Fixed
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Member animeotaku15 will become famous soon enough animeotaku15's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 05:42 PM
    Threads

As I'm sure someone has already mentioned it, for most of us Sailor Moon is a great anime because it was our "introduction" to the world of anime. Even though there are some anime that have "better" plots, Sailor Moon will always live in my heart. For me, once I started watching, I couldn't stop.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Abstract Me View Post

There are plenty of anime that are popular (and wonderful to boot) that have no fist fights or blood. Hell, the first ever anime to win an Academy Award was Spirited Away - devoid of any brutality. It has a wonderful story, and like someone already said, that's all you really need.

what.. u are talking about the moive Spirited Away? because yes it was a good movie and it didnt have blood and stuff in it but it was a movie not a series

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

what.. u are talking about the moive Spirited Away? because yes it was a good movie and it didnt have blood and stuff in it but it was a movie not a series
    Yes, but it's still anime. o.O
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Member Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring is a name known to all Lipan_Conjuring's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2007 01:21 AM
    Threads

because i can only think of nothing.

LOL.

Sorry, sorry. I should have refrained. Anyway...

Sailor Moon =/= Dragon Ball Z. They're completely different. But Goku in a skirt throwing heart-shaped energy at people would be pretty entertaining.

And there are probably as many non-fighting anime as there are fighting anime.

Just look at anything shoujo, or anything with a theme that, um, doesn't have to do with fighting.

I could list some, if you'd like. Anyway, think with your head for a minute.

If you don't like Sailor Moon, don't watch it. If you don't like the smell of dog poop, don't smell it. Don't look for something you don't like just to complain about it. That's silly.

RETIRED. Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo has a reputation beyond repute Superbi Squalo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Compass
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-06-2012 07:00 PM
    Threads

<. <..Alright. You say that it is not a fight, yet it is, Breezy. I have been keeping up with this show ever since I saw the first episode. It indeed is a fight. Basically like almost every anime, there is something quirked, and there are two sides, good and evil. The evil always try to overun the main conjuring area. However, the so called heros try to stop the villans. I'd say so that it is a fight.
    (x Retiring from this site. Am moving to Osaki, Miyagi in two weeks ( as of 5.29.15 ). I don't know if this site is blocked over there and I'd rather not deal with the mess. G'bye, scrub lords!

Junior Member Neo-QueenElyse Neo-QueenElyse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-13-2007 11:17 PM
    Threads

Ok, I had to put in my two cents. I started watching Sailor Moon when it was first airing on the USA network in the US probably back in like 1996. It was my first anime. Yes, SM does seem to be aimed towards little girls, but that's because America figures that we always have to have some sort of wholesome role model in anything. A lot of things were cut from episodes, even whole episodes were cut, and a lot of the translations were muddled because they wanted it to appear a wholesome and innocent show. Also, SM most likely ended when it did because of the fact that Naoko Takeuchi stopped writing the manga (we all know what happened when the show decided to create a story line that wasn't in the manga... *cough cough* Allan and Ann *cough cough*). There were gay characters in the series even before they introduced Neptune and Uranus. Zoicite and Jadeite were both guys. Zoicite was more feminine looking so in the American translation they made him into a her because God forbid children be exposed to a gay couple. I felt that the manga had a lot more violence in it than the series, but still there are some censorship guidelines (even in Japan) that they need to stick to so they can get it on television. Obviously you have never seen the original series, it is quite a bit more adult. Plus if you're referring to why SM was taken off of Cartoon Network, well look at the demographic for people who watch CN at the time that Miguzi (is that what replaced Toonami?) is on the air. If I'm not mistaken it's most likely boys between the ages of 9 and 17 would be my guess. If you look at all the other programming that is shown during Miguzi, it's all geared toward that same age/gender group for the most part. Obviously, SM isn't really going to fly with preteen and teenaged boys. It isn't necessarily that Dragon Ball Z is better than Sailor Moon, it's just that Sailor Moon wasn't geared toward the right demographic. Yes, girls do watch anime, but for the most part boys are the ones that the anime is trying to be sold to. The market for anime isn't as big here as it is in Japan so there is a very small demographic that they aim it towards because they know that they can make the most money off of them. All it comes down to is money. No anime is necessarily better than any other in quality, it's just that one is more marketable than the other. Well that's all I have to say. I still love Sailor Moon (I'm working on getting the entire subtitled Japanese series on DVD) and I'm almost 22 years old! If you'd like to discuss this further feel free to ask any questions about my post.

Edit: Sorry if I am repeating what many people have already said, but I just wanted to get my opinion in there too.
    Last edited by Neo-QueenElyse; 06-11-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Member [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]] is just really nice [[~Anemone~]]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 02:13 PM
    Threads

I think Sailor Moon shouldnt and should have been put for the younger people in the first place. I mean its good cuz its almost everyone's first anime when they were little and then the con is the way the dubbed censored some epsiodes. I think its bad cuz they feel like the kids are not going to understand why the ladies are kissing. Dont we face this in everyday life with tv and stuff. Neo is right the manga it has more adult feeling.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We should not shed tears
    for that will serve as a defeat of our bodies to our hearts.
    It is then nothing more than proof
    for it to be said that our hearts are things
    beyond our ability to control.

Junior Member kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90 is a name known to all kstark90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2007 04:44 AM
    I live in a city called Hull in England :-D
    Threads

i love sailor moon its one of the greatest animes ever! no doubt about that xx
    Every tear that i cry,
    Is a piece of me that always dies!

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

but from what clips i have seen from sailormoon i have yet to see them bleed.
    There is no serious blood gushing in Sailor Moon, but there are injuries, like this bloody injury Neptune sustained during the climax of S.

Junior Member ~Kitomi_Schinito~ is on a distinguished road ~Kitomi_Schinito~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2007 06:31 PM
    Threads

It's not exactly that it's better than all of the other anime's or anything, but it is still good, if you like that type of stuff. THe only thing that really gets me mad in the slightest bit is that they canceled the series, and replaced it with something else.... They could have just changed the time it came on to an earlier one... Mostly, you just have to watch the series to understand it, and know what's so great about it.
    Forget what you heard, and believe what you see. Always remember, your haters are your biggest fans.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak aloud and remove all doubt.

Im'ma ninja See?

Junior Member Rickie is on a distinguished road Rickie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2007 07:31 PM
    Threads

The characters are hot.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[quote=Abstract Me;1689933]I

There are plenty of anime that are popular (and wonderful to boot) that have no fist fights or blood. Hell, the first ever anime to win an Academy Award was Spirited Away - devoid of any brutality. It has a wonderful story, and like someone already said, that's all you really need.
    quote]

I know that I already commented on this but I left something out ( I'm sorry) there was blood in Spirited Away. When Haku was being attacked by those paper dolls that Ubaba twin sister sent after him because he stole her Gold Seal.

Quote Originally Posted by w yǔ View Post
    <. <..Alright. You say that it is not a fight, yet it is, Breezy. I have been keeping up with this show ever since I saw the first episode. It indeed is a fight. Basically like almost every anime, there is something quirked, and there are two sides, good and evil. The evil always try to overun the main conjuring area. However, the so called heros try to stop the villans. I'd say so that it is a fight.
    I apologize if I didn't make this clear but I think I have what I meant was Physical fights.

Senior Member CarmenTohru is infamous around these parts CarmenTohru is infamous around these parts CarmenTohru is infamous around these parts CarmenTohru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2008 02:19 PM
    Threads

to me sailor moon is a clasicc and i love it
    Don't Give Up, Love does Miracles ...

You Can Be Whatever You want to Be ...
    You Can Dream 4 Free ...
    You can Fly if You Wish ...
    If You can Dream ...
    the Wish We upon a Star ...
    is commin True ...

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 10:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I apologize if I didn't make this clear but I think I have what I meant was Physical fights.
    There are physical fights in the series, theyve just been cut.
    There was an episode where both Uranius and Neptune refuse to except Sailor Moon as their princess, so they try to beat the crap outta her to see if she was 'worthy' to be princess.
    Not to mention, theres been several episodes where Makato [Jupiter] beats up boys for picking on a girl or something.

Then in the R movie, Fiore [sp?] smashes Jupiter in a phone booth, Mars into a metal screen door, and Venus and Mercury through glass. Plus, he stabs Tuxedo Mask and practically kills him. But a lot of it is cut in the dubbed version, since they want it to appeal to younger viewers

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    There are physical fights in the series, theyve just been cut.
    There was an episode where both Uranius and Neptune refuse to except Sailor Moon as their princess, so they try to beat the crap outta her to see if she was 'worthy' to be princess.
    Not to mention, theres been several episodes where Makato [Jupiter] beats up boys for picking on a girl or something.

Then in the R movie, Fiore [sp?] smashes Jupiter in a phone booth, Mars into a metal screen door, and Venus and Mercury through glass. Plus, he stabs Tuxedo Mask and practically kills him. But a lot of it is cut in the dubbed version, since they want it to appeal to younger viewers
    During these physical fights did they bleed in a way that you would natural think they would have. For example after Uranus and Neptune beat up Sailor Moon.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information