AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: For SailorMoon Watchers...

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 09:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Apollo View Post
    the Cloverway dub can just burn in hell.
    That was great.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:58 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    That was great.
    SECONDED! Gawd those voices made my ears bleed...truly...

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 09:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

I happen to like Sailor Moon. It is really a great manga. As for the Eng-dubbed anime, it was cute and ok while it lasted. The Jap-dubbed anime is ok as well. I think Sailor Moon will always be on my list of favorite magical girl series.

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

No.1 Maverick Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi has a reputation beyond repute Korobi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 10:15 PM
    Threads

I have to say that there are better animes but I still like it because I think it was the 1st I ever watched.
    Last edited by Korobi; 02-03-2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Made by my lover ♥ Jagan Eye

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 12:25 PM
    Threads

Here's a great clip of the so called violence you say isn't in Sailor Moon.
    Here's the background: Endymion, the man Serenity (Sailor Moon) loves has been kidnapped, brainwashed, and saturated with Dark Energy by Beryl.

Here's another good one that is more touching then violent though.

Last edited by Archangel Apollo; 02-02-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Junior Member Kyokospaz will become famous soon enough Kyokospaz's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2007 02:18 PM
    Threads

Wink It's just good...

I don't know. I've watched it since I was a little girl, and it's what inspired me to draw. I mean, I've got the action figures... the dolls, the clock, the five poster, all the VHS movies... oh oh and the watchie thingy. >.< I guess I could say I'm obsessed, but I think I love it cause it inspired me to do the mangas I do now. O.o PLus... it's just so damn good, right?
    Yaoi=Happy Young Girls?!

(DOES YOUR MOTHER KNOW?! ) XD

She probably does.

Senior Member Breezy is infamous around these parts Breezy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2007 10:14 PM
    Threads

Whats creative is the way the girls use elemental powers over water, fire, lighting, light energy, and magic.

what DBZ fighting scenes werent creative in DBZ some of the DBZ fighters used magic, All the DBZ fighters had different powers and levels that they could reach and they gained new powers as the series went on.

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    what DBZ fighting scenes werent creative in DBZ some of the DBZ fighters used magic, All the DBZ fighters had different powers and levels that they could reach and they gained new powers as the series went on.
    We aren't saying it's not creative. But we're trying to point out the creativity in Sailormoon.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

We aren't saying it's not creative. But we're trying to point out the creativity in Sailormoon.

but in sailormoon to me there was nothing creative about their fighting scenes they would just do the same moves over and over and over

Senior Member shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13 has a reputation beyond repute shikamaruluv13's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2008 07:04 PM
    Threads

I would like to know what is so great about this series because I honestly believe there are anime/manga series that are 100 times better then this one.
    i would say the same thing but i do really love sailor moon

Senior Member BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619 has a reputation beyond repute BSSM619's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2008 12:05 PM
    Threads

I love (not kidding) the cloverway dub,
    because the voice is very different.
    (I especially like Usagi cloverway dub voice)
    Last edited by BSSM619; 02-05-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

they would just do the same moves over and over and over
    You havent seen enough of Sailor Moon to get a jist of anything, so lets not talk like weve seen a decent amount of the show- it looks silly, and this same comment cannot be applied to Dragonball Z AT ALL.
    Last edited by Quik; 02-04-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-27-2010 12:58 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I love (not kidding) the cloverway dub,
    because the voice is very different.
    (I especially like Usagi cloverway dub voice)
    O_o......right, I think nails on a chalkboard sounds more melodious...

*is officially freaked out.*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by 小美ドクロchan View Post
    O_o......right, I think nails on a chalkboard sounds more melodious...

*is officially freaked out.*
    She is right though, they did sound different. She never said good. Granted she spoke with the same accent as the woman DiC had..but tonal quality was lacking...I've still yet to figure out if that Cloverway dubber for Serena was taking nasally or throaty..... And I'm a singer and should be able recognize and I can't!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I loved Usagi's DiC dub voice. It was near perfect. Terri Hawkes is a great VA. The Cloverway dub voice is bearable (most of the time), but sounded much too old and "creaky". Not sure how else to say it.
    Last edited by Quik; 02-06-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I loved Usagi's DiC dub voice. It was near perfect. Terri Hawkes is a great VA. The Clover is bearable (most of the time), but sounded much too old and "creaky". Not sure how else to say it.
    *nods* the DiC voices were great, not too young, not too old, and not forced. coughrinicough

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2013 12:08 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The last season of sailor moon that was on TV though, they used the voice actresses for the movie, and they had a really bad replacement for Usagi.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You havent seen enough of Sailor Moon to get a jist of anything, so lets not talk like weve seen a decent amount of the show- it looks silly, and this same comment cannot be applied to Dragonball Z AT ALL.

Well from what you thought i should watch from the sailormoon series and the clips you posted up from youtube.com yea they were doing the same moves over and over again

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well from what you thought i should watch from the sailormoon series and the clips you posted up from youtube.com yea they were doing the same moves over and over again
    Actually, Sailor Mercury did something she'd never done before. So did Sailor Venus. Mecury surounded her self in a single bubble to protect herself from the heat. And Venus fired a Crescent Beam that materialized inside the monster she touched.
    Plus Mars had never created that much fire with one shot before. Same with the amount of lighting utilized by Jupiter.

Okay, fine the were the same attacks. But like the characters in DBZ, they pushed them to their limits.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, fine the were the same attacks. But like the characters in DBZ, they pushed them to their limits.

No the characters in DBZ always had new attacks

but i will give you this it was a good try

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They each have control over an element, the way they use them are whats different. Mars, for example, uses her fire powers to condense fire into rings to attack enemies, she can create fire birds, or take the fire and create a flaming bow and arrows to shoot, or simply blast the fire itself, which can even create a fire tornado. Theres plenty of creativity, you just havent seen enough of Sailor Moon to know. Thats the main problem here. Theres a lot about Sailor Moon that you obviously dont know. And dont even try to say DBZ is not repetitive with its fighting, because it is- too much. As I said before, blast energy beams and punch and kick super fast. That pretty much sums it up.
    Last edited by Quik; 02-09-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They each have control over an element, the way they use them are whats different. Mars, for example, uses her fire powers to condense fire into rings to attack enemies, she can create fire birds, or take the fire and create a flaming bow and arrows to shoot, or simply blast the fire itself, which can even create a fire tornado. Theres plenty of creativity, you just havent seen enough of Sailor Moon to know. Thats the main problem here. Theres a lot about Sailor Moon that you obviously dont know. And dont even try to say DBZ is not repetitive with its fighting, because it is- too much. As I said before, blast energy beams and punch and kick super fast. That pretty much sums it up.

I did not say I knew it all but why would you tell me to watch these clips and they are just doing the same thing over and over

If I wanted you to watch some clips of DBZ if would show you different fighting levels of the DBZ fighters....... But thats just me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I did not say I knew it all but why would you tell me to watch these clips and they are just doing the same thing over and over

If I wanted you to watch some clips of DBZ if would show you different fighting levels of the DBZ fighters....... But thats just me
    Of course you didnt say you knew all about Sailor Moon, but you talk about it as if you do. And, I showed you the clips to show some fighting scenes in Sailor Moon, I wasnt focusing on showing the girls' combat creativity. Feel free to post clips of DBZ, but I already know about it. The characters and their power levels (SS Goku, SS3 Goku, SSJ3 Goku, etc), the fusions (Vegito, Gogeta, Gotenks, etc), the way they fight, etc., I already know. Changes in appearance, however, dont compensate for the repetitive fighting. It doesnt matter whether I'm watching a black haired Goku punch, kick, and blast energy beams for 20 episodes, or a long golden haired Goku punch, kick, and blast energy beams for 20 episodes, either way it still gets old.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Changes in appearance, however, dont compensate for the repetitive fighting. It doesnt matter whether I'm watching a black haired Goku punch, kick, and blast energy beams for 20 episodes, or a long golden haired Goku punch, kick, and blast energy beams for 20 episodes, either way it still gets old.

When they blast their beams they are called different names right? so how is that the same as what they were doing before.

and don't sailor just use that wand of hers to shoot power out of it

Junior Member Jörmungandr is on a distinguished road Jörmungandr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-01-2007 08:35 AM
    Threads

but in sailormoon to me there was nothing creative about their fighting scenes they would just do the same moves over and over and over
    Whats so creative abount DBZ's fighting scenes, where they would loop that 3 second melee part for 5+ minutes...

All the DBZ fighters had different powers and levels that they could reach and they gained new powers as the series went on.
    All the learnt powers and abilities in the 276 episodes of DBZ were spirit bomb (Goku), kaioken (Goku), instant transmission (still Goku, later Cell and Buu), transformations (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Kid Trunks), fusion dance (Goku, Kid Trunks, Goten, Piccolo)

When they blast their beams they are called different names right? so how is that the same as what they were doing before.

and don't sailor just use that wand of hers to shoot power out of it
    How does changing it's name change the fact that different ki attacks, that are basically the same (beams or balls), are created by using different amounts of ki.
    And most of the sailor senshi use other weapons, or not weapons at all, than wandsto shoot their power out of it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information