AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: For SailorMoon Watchers...

Senior Member Breezy is infamous around these parts Breezy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2007 09:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Question For SailorMoon Watchers...

I would like to know what is so great about this series because I honestly believe there are anime/manga series that are 100 times better then this one.

Senior Member 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan has a reputation beyond repute 小美ドクロchan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2010 11:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

There certainly are but SM was a gateway for many anime lovers-myself included so I will always have an appreciation for it. It's nostalgic, you see.

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I would like to know what is so great about this series because I honestly believe there are anime/manga series that are 100 times better then this one.
    The fact that are you believe there are anime and manga that are better than Sailor Moon doesnt mean Sailor Moon isnt great. You could ask that same question about any anime/manga.

Anyway, to answer your question, its a great series because it has wonderful characters, themes, and direction. Nine lovely girls, each with diverse personalities, and they all add something different to the show. The character setting and development are well done, and by the end of the series you feel like you really know the girls. Its funny, it has nice action and sad scenes at appropriate times, and romance is sprinkled on top. The plots are always good, and the showdowns are always very entertaining (R and SuperS could have been better >.<). The heroins are devoted to keeping their planet safe, and will do so accordingly. The general theme of Sailor Moon is that love conquers all, and although it isnt conveyed very heavily, its a great concept.
    Last edited by Quik; 01-06-2007 at 08:33 PM.

Senior Member Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna is a splendid one to behold Midna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2007 08:21 PM
    Threads

Well, I liked it for the story and the different personalties the different characters had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    (R and SuperS could have been better >.<).
    I know...I didn't like the first part of R and SuperS that much....
    Never hated them though, I just liked the others parts and seasons better than those two.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

if you cant like the whole season of a show then why would you watch it. that would just be pointless

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2014 09:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

More Senshi come along...so theres more than 9. I love the series. It was the first anime I ever watched and was my 'gateway anime' XD. The story (I think) is great. A teenage girl becomes a defender of justice, then later finds shes a princess. The girl is faced with enemies that seem impossible to beat, but with love, friendship, and determination she wins.

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    More Senshi come along...so theres more than 9.
    ...I didnt say senshi. I was talking about the main characters, the girls; Usagi, Ami, Rei, Makoto, Minako, Setsuna, Haruka, Michiru and Hotaru. I dont count Chibiusa.
    Last edited by Quik; 01-18-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Member XxJadexX will become famous soon enough XxJadexX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2007 02:28 PM
    Threads

Everyone has their own opinion.

Fact of the matter is, Sailor Moon has a fantastic storyline. You really get into it and you get hooked. The characters develop instead of being one dimensional.

I've watched many other animes and read other manga but Sailor Moon has a certain uniqueness to it. I love the characters and the entire story is so creative to me.

When SM first came out in North America, tons of girls identified with the show and there wasn't really any kind of TV show geared for girls especially.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok we can all agree that this show is only for little girls....... Right?

Princess of the Moon Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella has a spectacular aura about Poohnella's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-21-2007 08:37 PM
    Threads

Hey guys check this AMV out of sailor moon!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8lPi2nachCo
    Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

Brothers- Darkfire_Destiny, Demon Hunter Dante, Prince Darien
    Sisters- xXDark_Lonely_FairyXx, animeseishi, Dark Foxx, Jagan Eye

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2014 01:08 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    More Senshi come along...so theres more than 9. I love the series. It was the first anime I ever watched and was my 'gateway anime' XD. The story (I think) is great. A teenage girl becomes a defender of justice, then later finds shes a princess. The girl is faced with enemies that seem impossible to beat, but with love, friendship, and determination she wins.
    Couldnt have said it better myself. This was also one of my "gateway anime" too.(that and Dragonball Z ^^) But SM made me stand up and cheer for more. I mean, I watched some anime in the '80 but never knew it WAS anime. Sailormoons drama made me realize that cartoons *shivers*(I HATE calling anime that) werent just wacky laughs and muscular heros, they can convey more deeper emotions when watching them.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok DBZ series ran longer then sailor moon because it was not only for little girls it was for every body

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

ok we can all agree that this show is only for little girls....... Right?
    No. Believe it or not, its intended for young and older girls too. America dubbed it and edited it so that it was for 7+

ok DBZ series ran longer then sailor moon because it was not only for little girls it was for every body
    Nope. DBZ was aimed for boys, Sailor Moon was its feminine counterpart

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok MaruDashi even if what you say is true do you see that sailormoon didn't work out because more people liked DBZ then they liked sailor moon

Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

ok MaruDashi even if what you say is true do you see that sailormoon didn't work out because more people liked DBZ then they liked sailor moon
    What do you mean it didnt work out? I actually think SM had a stronger fan base than DBZ, seeing as how SM didnt take three episodes to screw in a lightbulb like DBZ.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i don't think so because DBZ ran longer than sailor moon and the only way this could have happen is if people were watching it

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

LOL I was just about to rip into him like that. =3

You are obviously a very selfconscious and over-compensating (I won't say over-compensating of WHAT) little boy. If your reasoning that SM is geared toward little girls is true then I could easily say that DBZ was geared toward little boys. I mean...come on..........no one wants to be THAT buff. That's just nasty, his head is itty bitty. And no one want's to have legs as long as SM....it would be impossible to tie your shoelaces. O_o;

Both shows have their flaws, but I feel that SM has less because it isn't just about action, revenge, and mindless brawls. It's about love, justice, pink sugar heart attacks, and any other girly thing you can think of. Oh, did I mention justice?

It WAS and IS successful. I wish they'd get over themselves and put Stars on TV. (oh! and I happened to LOVE SuprS ><)

edit: She said HAD a stronger fanbase. Many people did realize that the edited, TV version butchered the thing and stopped watching it on TV, which accounts for its taking off the air.
    Last edited by Capernicus; 01-24-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok one fact is i am not a boy i am a girl! [BREEZY] what boy has that nickname

also if it was as successful as DBZ it would have never been taken off the air

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Read my post again and say that.

If you read it again, and still hold that opinon, you either
    A) did not read the entire post
    B) had not the intelligence to comprehend it
    C) all of the above

About the he/she thing......I stand corrected.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

The only reason it ran longer is because it had more episodes. Sailor Moon had an even 200 while the Dragon Ball series in general has over 400. If you want to look at JUST DBZ, then it had 276 episodes. But again, this is because they took dozens of episodes to do one thing. It took Goku about four episodes just to get to the planet Namik. Sailor Moon doest have long, dragging episodes. Thats the ONLY reason why it aired longer, because while SM was doing reruns, DBZ was still comming out with new, dragging episodes

EDIT: Umm, DBZ was taken off the air too
    Last edited by Ωmega; 01-24-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You are obviously a very selfconscious and over-compensating (I won't say over-compensating of WHAT) little boy. this is what you said right

please stop with the sarcasm [thankyou]

Sailor moon is still for little girls

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok but DBZ episodes sometimes was a little bit long but it keep you into the series it had you wondering what would happen next that is what good series are suppose to do also as you stated sailor moon only had 200 episodes because what they couldnt come up with anything else for them to do

Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

You are obviously a very selfconscious and over-compensating (I won't say over-compensating of WHAT) little boy. this is what you said right

please stop with the sarcasm [thankyou]

Sailor moon is still for little girls
    Ok, lets review some of the series
    In Sailor Moon R, it is revealed that Usagi and Momoru have 'intamite' relations and have a child.
    In Sailor Moon, theres episodes that were PULLED from the U.S airing because they delt with child abuse and animal cruelity.
    In Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, men transform in to female Senshi
    In Sailor Moon S, we meet sailors Neptune and Uranus, two LESBIAN scouts.

As you can see, its not 'for little girls'

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok see this is why what they pulled sailor moon what because it was for little girls put when they started to put things in their series so they could get older females to watch it they only hurt their serie which was what very dumb to do.

Gil
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

ok see this is why what they pulled sailor moon what because it was for little girls put when they started to put things in their series so they could get older females to watch it they only hurt their serie which was what very dumb to do.
    You completly missed the point. In the original series of SM dealt with child abuse and animal cruelty. I.E adult themes were in Sailor Moon from the beginning. Its not something they added later on, it was always there.
    And I think Sailor Moon still has a very strong fan base. If you go to any convention, there will be at least 5 people dressed as a SM character. I have YET to see anyone dressed as a DBZ character. If SM was such a bad show, and it was for little girls only, then why do teenage and sometimes ADULT women cosplay as SM characters??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information