AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: The Silver/Ruby crystal Oddity

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2014 06:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default The Silver/Ruby crystal Oddity

Have any of you ever notice how in Sailor Moon R, Neo Queen Serenity's (Usagi's future self) crystal is SILVER. Now, in Sailor Moon S it becomes RUBY. Then in Sailor Moon Sailor Stars, its a Silver Flower thing (note: this is her star seed; HOWEVER, Sailor Aluminum tries to force Usagi to give her the seed from her LOCKET (broach) where her crystal is kept, and its a silver flower looking thing).

Now, do you think they should have kept it the silver crystal to follow with the R series?

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

The Ginzuisho is always truly silver, as you can see it wholly every time she releases it from her brooch. I'm not sure why they gave it a pinkish color when its shown in her brooch during those three henshin sequences though (Cosmic, Crisis, and Eternal). But it does change shape: sphere, diamond and flower.
    Last edited by Quik; 12-08-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2007 11:25 AM
    Threads

Sorry to revive thise thread, but I felt a deeper explanation was needed.
    The anime didn't go into the detail about the Silver Cryatal that manga did.

The Silver Crystal was originally the Star Seed of Queen Serenity, which is why she dies when she used it to send everyone to the future. Passed to Sailor Moon, it began to evolve along with its owner. As it evolved it became more powerful. It's most powerful form is the Silver Moon Crystal, and it takes the shape of a lotus. I do know that it does become Sailor Moon's Star Seed. Though I'm scetchy on how, since I can't find the source to conferm what I'm remembring.

Sadly, the creators of the anime decided to leave these rich details about the Silver Crystal out. Though a manga or comic book can afford to have detail be given at length, in a TV show it's dificult to stop the action for lengthy explantions.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I recall in the S movie her calling it the Ruby crystal.
    The problem really isnt about it evolving with her, but that in the future (referring to the R series) its the same silver crystal Serenity had. So, if her crystal evolves, then why is it still its 'basic' form in the future?

Senior Member Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo is a splendid one to behold Archangel Apollo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    The problem really isnt about it evolving with her, but that in the future (referring to the R series) its the same silver crystal Serenity had. So, if her crystal evolves, then why is it still its 'basic' form in the future?
    From a production point of view it's simple. Naoko concieved of the idea to evolve it after she crfeated the future. So, she didn't portray it as evolved nor could it be portrayed as evolved.

From a viewer point of view, it creates an interesting paradox in that the future Small Lady came from is a future that never endured the attack of the Death Busters, never saw the eclipse of the Dead Moon, and never was touched by the hand of Galaxia. Which leaves it to us to wonder how those three arcs affected events in the future. Because if you go back and look, the Senshi as they put up the barrier around Crystal Palace are in their Star forms, not their more powerful Crystal forms. Now it is possible she intentionally created this paradox. I'll have to ask about that. lol
    Last edited by Archangel Apollo; 02-01-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

If thats the case (which Im sure it is) then it wouldve been nice to have ChibiUsa come back and inform them of the changes thats been going on...or even Pluto. But instead, they didnt touch the subject of her future self and the crystal, which left fans like me thinking "Wait...what?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If thats the case (which Im sure it is) then it wouldve been nice to have ChibiUsa come back and inform them of the changes thats been going on...or even Pluto. But instead, they didnt touch the subject of her future self and the crystal, which left fans like me thinking "Wait...what?"
    I know, they didn't touch on a lot of things in the anime that were talked about in the manga. Particularly the Silver Crystal evolving for each person. Anyhow it's little inconsistancies like that, that have given me the biggest headaches.

I'll be giving that a lot of thought, though the best explanation off the top is paradox. I've learned time and time again, that when dealing with time and it don't make sense, it's some kind of paradox. Paradox is why I love time travel, but hate to write it. lol

And one wonders how I get so many migraines while working on Kame wo Tenshi.
    Last edited by Archangel Apollo; 02-01-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Senior Member Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik has much to be proud of Quik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2012 08:04 PM
    Threads

She never called it the Ruby Crystal in the S movie. And the crystal only changes shape for occasions (eg, when she fought Queen Metallia in the Dark Kingome arc of the manga), then it returns to its normal shape. Thats why its in the spherical shape when it was shown in the future.

As Apollo's already said, the anime didnt touch on/add in these details about the Silver Crystal, so trying to make sense of the crystal in the anime is useless, imo. For example, in Queen Serenity's battle with Queen Beryl in the anime, the crystal was a spherical shape. It was also a spherical shape in the battle against Death Phantom. In the R movie is was the shape of a lotus. In the S movie it was this shape, which is also the shape of the crystal in the manga when unevolved. It was lotus again in the Stars season during the battle with Galaxia. Not a single piece of info is given in about why the crystal take on the shapes it does in the anime. The creators didnt bother to deal with it.
    Last edited by Quik; 02-01-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information