AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Weezer

Senior Member BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom has a reputation beyond repute BoldMushroom's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2013 06:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Ask me for it Steam ID: askmeforit

Default Weezer

I've always liked and respected this band, but I've recently and unexpectedly gotten ahold of a fair share of Weezer material... and as a result, the band has really grown on me over the course of the past month. I'd like to see if anyone else here is a Weezer fan as well.

Weezer is (or maybe, was) commonly classified as "geek rock", and as an early influence on mainstream "emo" bands. I feel both of these labels are incorrect... Weezer's sound is nothing like any classification of "emo", and "geek rock" is too niche of a term to describe their full body of work.

For those unfamiliar with the band, they have five full-length studio albums.

1994 - Weezer (self-titled, a.k.a. The Blue Album)
    1996 - Pinkerton
    2001 - Weezer (self-titled, a.k.a. The Green Album)
    2002 - Maladroit
    2005 - Make Believe

I have both self-titled albums, and I've heard half of Pinkerton. All three are great albums, but The Green Album and (for what I've heard of it) Pinkerton are my favorites... The Blue Album can be a little too simplistic and sparse at times.

I'm not familiar with Maladroit at all. I've heard the four singles off of Make Believe, and I don't like any of them... if anyone has heard the rest of the album, I'd appreciate an opinion on it.

My favorite Weezer songs:
    Buddy Holly
    No One Else
    Holiday
    Say It Ain't So
    El Scorcho
    Across The Sea
    Why Bother?
    Falling For You
    Hash Pipe
    Island In The Sun
    Don't Let Go
    Known-down Drag-out

By the way, for anyone who heard speculation of Weezer's break-up last year... it's not true. The band has stated the rumors are false, and they are still contractually obligated to two more albums for Geffen Records.
    Get some exercise this summer and raise money to fight disease. Find a free charity walk in your area:
    AIDS Walk | Walk to Defeat ALS | Walk MS | Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
    Light The Night for Leukemia & Lymphona | Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 04:57 PM
    Threads

I have three of their albums The Blue Album, Maladroit, and Make Believe. I only just recently got The Blue Album and haven't listened to it much at this moment, so I cannot comment. I did enjoy Maladroit though, and you should check it out. Make Believe however, while not bad; was ultimately forgettable.
    Last edited by Ryth; 02-08-2007 at 06:17 PM.

For I am not the one Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma has a reputation beyond repute Ayame_Sohma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2010 11:44 AM
    Threads

I have got an anime music video and the music is by weezer the song called haunt you everyday and i love the song but i have not really hear there other songs to be honest

Wingman The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Tron LightCycle Falcon Autobots
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2014 07:32 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like about 2 songs of theres, I prefered the older stuff to this new stuff but I'm not a very big weezer fan.Ofcourse, I'm not into many bands nowadays but weezer is one of the better ones out of all this other crap out right now.
    -TWM-

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 08:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

=w= =w= =w= =w= Weezer is the best band ever. Rivers Cuomo is a god. I like all of their albums but I will admit that Maladroit and Make Believe could have been better. Pinkerton is hands down their best album. Too bad it didn't get any airplay. I like Blue second and then Green.

My favorite songs are:
    Across The Sea
    Pink Triangle
    Waiting On You*
    Falling For You
    Jaimie**
    Suzanne*
    Devotion*
    Holiday
    Butterfly
    Oh Girlfriend!
    Surfwax USA

*b-side or unreleased **DGC Rarities VOL.!

=w= =w= =w= =w=
    Last edited by Baka; 02-09-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 11:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I listened to Hash pipe . Planning to listen to more Weezer songs
    Over-saturating since '07

Closed Thread

Thread Information