AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Guild Wars

Senior Member Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2007 04:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Guild Wars

Guild Wars is a MMORPG from NCSOFT and Areanet, and has a free online regestration. The graphics are pretty nice, and the overall gameplay is pretty amusing. Like most MMORPG's, this game is very sociable and addictive. I recommend them for people who have free time and don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Does anyone play this? I have Prophecies, and I just bought Nightfall. What do you think about the games?
    Proudly a Fai-Lover!
    Cute Sissy: battlecherry
    Be in my family? Pwease?

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

I easily got bored of it. From my personal experience, it's not really solo friendly. To get to some areas, you have to get a party together, and the henchmen are really only useful up to a point.

While the wilderness instances are interesting, I found it annoying and boring at times, especially when I was close to a new area and my entire party decided to go and do other things, preventing me from getting to said area due to creatures that are very hard to defeat on your own.

I also found the PvP annoying, as the fighting is party based and doesn't allow someone to have a small one-on-one duel at any point. Overall, it wasn't the MMO for me.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Senior Member Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun is a jewel in the rough Kazuma-kun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2007 04:28 PM
    Threads

Ah, I can understand that. I agree that the missions do get annoying, and when your party bails on you it isn't very fun. But that's what most MMORPG's are about: player interaction.

Soloing does get boring to an extent.
    Proudly a Fai-Lover!
    Cute Sissy: battlecherry
    Be in my family? Pwease?

Senior Member rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 03:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuma-kun View Post
    Guild Wars is a MMORPG from NCSOFT and Areanet, and has a free online regestration. The graphics are pretty nice, and the overall gameplay is pretty amusing. Like most MMORPG's, this game is very sociable and addictive. I recommend them for people who have free time and don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Does anyone play this? I have Prophecies, and I just bought Nightfall. What do you think about the games?
    when you say free online regestration do you mean that its free as in free of monthly bills or its free alltogather. cause i know a lot of games that you have to pay like 10-30 dollars and then after that there is no monthely bills. the reason i ask is because if its free alltogather i might try it out.

This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    Threads

You have to pay for the game itself, but there are no monthly fees.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.

Closed Thread

Thread Information