AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favourite anime or cartoon of your childhood?

Senior Member Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse has a brilliant future Inverse's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2008 12:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Cool Favourite anime or cartoon of your childhood?

Which was your favourite anime or cartoon of your childhood? (for a little bit older members),
    or which is your favourite (80's, 90's) anime or cartoon.

When i was young i really enjoyed watching Tom and Jerry and Road Runner(they are very funny ), but my favourite Anime was (and they are still now) The secret of Blue Water and Slayers, i dont really know why this two caught my attention.... maybe becouse of the story but i really like them. And i really enjoy re watching them every now and then.

Member ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy is a name known to all ObsidianJoy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-04-2008 11:50 AM
    Threads

For cartoons I really liked The Flinstones and Tex Avery cartoons. But for anime it's Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and Pokemon Season 1 and 2. All of which I still like and watch.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

WhenIi was a kid? When I was around 2-4(during 1991-1993) I loved Speed Racer, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ronin Warriors, and Dragonball. 5-7(surring 1994-1996) I got into Gundam series, Macross, and various other mech shows.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

The Innocent Devil... Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer has a reputation beyond repute Star Gazer's Avatar
    Gil
    Sad
    Gifts EVE Ariel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-21-2010 04:18 AM
    Threads

in cartoons i liked tom and jerry and in anime i liked pokemon.but i dont like it now.

Senior Member tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza has much to be proud of tobeza's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-20-2007 07:27 AM
    Threads

Pokemon was my favorite when I was younger

Sig made by Riina-chan

Senior Member Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro has a reputation beyond repute Koshiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2008 12:29 AM
    Threads

This was before I even knew what anime was but I believe my favorite was Speed Racer.

As for cartoons I think my favorite was called Pirates of Dark Water.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Pokemon, except I didn't know it was anime back then. It was a cartoon that I got up at 8 in the morning to watch.

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    Pokemon, except I didn't know it was anime back then. It was a cartoon that I got up at 8 in the morning to watch.
    ya same goes for me too, but i also watched tenchi muyo, and dragon ball z
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Senior Member timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2007 02:06 PM
    Somewhere in Florida, but it feels more like the center of the sun ::sooo hot here:: 0.0
    Threads

I LOVED the original old rugrats, I memorized entire episodes I used to watch it so much.

Rocko's Modern Life was also one of my favorites.

Some animes that I used to watch were Tenchi Muyo. The ORIGINAL, not GXP or whatever is on now. Also I watched Dragonball and Pokemon (of course). Toonami was always on whenever I got home from school. I loved the little fat robot that used to run the show but then he died and the tall skinny robot took over and I lost interest.

And speaking of cartoon network, some of my favorite shows from there were: Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, an The Powerpuff Girls.

And Loony Toons of course. I loved Bugs Bunny. "Monsters are such iiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnteresting people"

I LOVE CARTOONS
    "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
    -William Shakespear

I drew this ^.^

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian has a reputation beyond repute Vasarian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 10:43 AM
    Threads

I would go for Teenages Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghostbusters and Woody WoodPecker. I was a total freak of Ghostbusters... I taped alomost all episode and watched all the time... I also probably had every single toys from the serie... yeah I even had the the real size Proton pack with the gun... the ghost trap and the paranormal activities meter... No comments

Banned Forum / Chat Light Wolf will become famous soon enough Light Wolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2007 12:01 PM
    Threads

gundam wing was the first anime i ever saw cause it was on toonami and now im a anime freak and the second was g gundam then ruroni kenshin and all of toonami.
    Last edited by Regex; 01-01-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Senior Member MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 05:41 AM
    Threads

Same for me, except the time might have been different.

Junior Member ranluvshin is on a distinguished road ranluvshin's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2006 05:21 AM
    Threads

i think it was sailor moon or pokemon....??

Junior Member BleuDragoon is infamous around these parts BleuDragoon is infamous around these parts BleuDragoon is infamous around these parts BleuDragoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2006 06:59 AM
    Threads

My faves were The Last Unicorn and Sailormoon or Gundamwing,DragonballZ was also a fave,oh,and i was a kid in the 80's

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

Non-anime, I liked:
    - Doug (I need more allowannnceee~)
    - Hey Arnold! (I still love it! I wish they still showed it!)
    - Rocko's Modern Life
    - Rugrats
    - The Powerpuff Girls
    - And Power Rangers (Oh wait, that's not a cartoon. Whatever. But did anyone want to be the yellow ranger instead of the pink one? I did. ;-;)

Anime:
    Salior Moon was the first anime I ever watched, though at the time, I didn't know what anime was. I remember going to school (kindergarten), and this girl had a Salior Moon lunch box. I went psycho-fangirl, and practically screamed at her, "HEY I KNOW HOW TO DO ALL THE SALIOR SCOUT'S HAND SIGNS!" I then preceeded to do so. That chick looked at me crazy.

Then came the ever-popular Pokemon. Oh jeez. Talk about obsession. Yeah. #4 was Charmander, my favorite. Pikachu? Number twenty-five. >_>; You guys up for the Pokerap? There was a hundred and fifty, or more to see...to be a pokemon master is mah destinyyyy.

Yeah, it's forever embedded in my brain.

But after the first season, my love for Pokemon slowly faded away. By the time the 3rd season came around, I lost interest. I would still watch the first season though, purely for nostalgia. ^^

Then came the golden age of animes, where I actually became aware of what anime was. Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin - all on Toonami after I came home from school, all of my passions.

And there's my mini-life-story of how anime had come to me.
    Yay.
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

cartoons i loved and still love while growing up

` lil' bits
    ` david the gnome
    ` doug
    ` hey arnold
    ` rugrats
    ` dangermouse

-------
    my favorite anime show while growing up...

` dragonball *the only one out of the three that i actually love*
    ` sailor moon
    ` baoh
    ` here is greenwood
    ` green legend ran
    ` Shinesman - i gotta add this show it was hilarious and funny and i loved it...to bad it there is only 2 episodes...and i know this isn't that old (96 so i was 'bout 11 or 12 when i saw it) but even now i still love it ^-^

----
    i love the old power rangers..i remember watching it...and i always wanted to be the yellow ranger...maybe cuz i'm asian...
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Cartoon=Hysteria
    Anime=Samurai Pizza Cats

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

Nostalgia, definately one of my favorite topics.

As a kid, one of my favorite cartoons was definately Robotech. I absolutely LOVED that show. I had all the toys and the whole kitten caboodle.

And then I grew up and became a Macross fan... trust..

Anyways, some other cartoons of choice for me were.

The now nearly unknown "Les Jumeaux du bout du monde" (The Twins of Destiny) which had a very rare dub on Australian television. One of the first cartoons I was a fan of (apart from Robotech) which had a continual and mature story arc.

I used to love Astroboy and Tekkaman Blade (Teknoman) as well. In fact, there were a lot of old cartoons I watched which turned out to actually be anime, such as Starblazers (Space Cruiser Yamato) and Tranzor Z (Mezeinger Z).

But as a kid, the big 2 were definately Robotech and the Twins of Destiny.

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 11:26 AM
    Threads

I liked Pokemon and Digimon... And The simpons but I watch it now too..

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl is a name known to all DarkReapergurl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2007 05:39 AM
    Threads

Pokemon was mine, my sisters fav alot.

Others - Doug, Rugrats, Dragonball z, Salior moon, The Powerpuff Girls, Power ranger. Man brings back memories.

TennisLUver airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou has a reputation beyond repute airforcekikyou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2007 10:24 AM
    Threads

When I was younger I watched Pokemon and Tom and Jerry.

(Wonderfull siggy made by -Ookami-!!!)

We are what we hate Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga has a reputation beyond repute Zan Voaga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-23-2008 02:09 AM
    Threads

Some old favorites of mine...would have to be Gundam G and Big O. I'm not entierly sure why I liked those two but I'd watch them every chance I got, back when I was in the second grade and I was about 7 or 8.

Senior Member bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2014 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bardabe

Mazinger Z, and Dragonball series.
    Under construction.

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Sailor Moon all the way!

Kitsune-sempai Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:53 PM
    In Fangirl Inc. (They wont let me leave!!!)
    Threads

well lets see..

American
    -Carmen San Diego(i didnt really like it i just was in shock of all the places in the world)

Japanese
    -Pokemon(i still on the orignal theme song, i even had one of those pokedex things -_-; i know u dont have to say it)
    -DBZ(stopped watching after the Frienza saga -_-; what happened to that show i never want to know...)
    -Ranma 1/2(also my every first manga)

Ja!
    Kitsune Cutie

~*Set By Me*~
    ~*Requests are open!*~
    ~*Check out my meager site! Kawaii Fetish Designs*~

Anime Forum's Resident Harry Potter Fan

Closed Thread

Thread Information