AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is Love?

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

Love is something that people put their minds to, so that they feel important, its there as something to let you know that your not alone, there are ups and downs to this, you get to have someone by your side when you need them the most, but you also always run the chance of you heart and emotions getting broken and torn to peices, love can make us do so many stupid things, things that we would never do alone, for me, i try not to get too involved in it, ive had my heart torn to shreds so many times over love, if to you it seems worth it to fall in love with some1 then by all means go ahead, more power to you, i just rather not get involved too much
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

Digital Plague demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight has a reputation beyond repute demonplight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 02:19 AM
    Threads

love is a fairy tale told to you as a child. but lust is real, and you can buy that.
    [my stuff] I make my sigs.
    When one bad reps, its a common curtsy to leave one's name. So one can return the favor, in kind.
    [It is your responsibility to keep up the the Magna not mine, so don't be mad at me if you "think" this gives something away.]
    MySpace FaceBook
    Those with a destiny must be sure of themselves and their purpose. If their motivations are not pure, then they may not be the right person to lead the cause.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I dunno what love is. But I care for people, I don't want them hurt especially because of me. To people who wonder "hey you're so nice", I'm just like that.
    Probably the effect of some childhood traumas that left me asking "Why are they so mean?/ Why did she hit me?/ Why did she chase me with a knife?". Even on forums I go around giving huggles, and that's not for show. I will huggle someone I barely know in real life, especially if he/she looks down. Now, THAT is weird they say. But I say I'm normal.

Is that love? I don't know. Is it caring? I say yes.

I think you'll know what "love" is if you find out what "hate" is.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

Is that love? I don't know. Is it caring? I say yes.
    caring unconditionally... yea, thats sounds more like wat i feel...

but i guess u cant know one without the opposite...

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

It's a nifty song by Haddaway. Oh, prom times (l)

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

oh baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more!
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Senior Member arthas-old is on a distinguished road arthas-old's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2007 06:37 AM
    Threads

well I'm a bit on the "unromantic and practical" side..love.deep feeling of happiness and perfection...
    I AM THE GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE.......

Member NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess is a splendid one to behold NotYourPrincess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2006 07:28 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by demonplight View Post
    love is a fairy tale told to you as a child. but lust is real, and you can buy that.

You're just talking about one kind of love. Saying that is like saying that you lust after your parents.

The one and only, in heaven & on earth.

Kitsune-sempai Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan has a reputation beyond repute Bluefox-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2008 12:53 PM
    In Fangirl Inc. (They wont let me leave!!!)
    Threads

I personally not think u can do anything unconditionally be it love or hate, I can see some one caring for someone but loving unconditionally I just can't see it

And as for princess minako (if I misspelled it I apoligize) how can u be a moderator and spam on my thread the last time I checked ur suppose to stop spam not start it. If u have a problem tell me so in a PM, do not however give me bad rep and flame me on a topic, please try tp show some class, I've apoligized twice already once in this topic and once though a PM. I do not appreciate u making a big deal out of nothing I didn't come on this forum I argue with people with people that don't have IQ's over the double digit mark.

*The Kitsune Paradox*

Ja!
    Foxy

~*Set By Me*~
    ~*Requests are open!*~
    ~*Check out my meager site! Kawaii Fetish Designs*~

Anime Forum's Resident Harry Potter Fan

loves teh cuteness fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love has a reputation beyond repute fluffy-love's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2008 05:57 PM
    Threads

A stronger attachment to close friends and family, and a 'soul mate' if you believe in that. I'm not sure I believe in love. It's another label to put on an emotion people don't fully understand.
    RAWR

Member Gamermaniac will become famous soon enough Gamermaniac's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2007 08:05 PM
    Threads

Love is a feeling you show only to special people like family or your best friends

Senior Member ~kawaii~cherry~ has a spectacular aura about ~kawaii~cherry~ has a spectacular aura about ~kawaii~cherry~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2006 10:40 PM
    Threads

That's a complicated question...you always hear people in movies (usually those with robots or something) say "Love is a human emotion." But to me, love is when you look at someone, and even though you don't think they're an angel or the most handsome/beautiful/kind/wonderful person on earth, even though you argue with them all the time (x100 lol!) you won't be able to bear the pain if anything happened to them.

Sometimes I look at my family and the feelings I feel for them make my silly little crushes seem really pathetic =_=;;;

s>-^--
    your smile like a delicate rose blossoming
    with my heart's sun growing into your love
    <3

~{ blog }~{ ccs }~{ sm }~{hp }~

Matsu-Matsu-San Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2008 11:53 AM
    Threads

Love is a word. love is not real, love is just a word that people use to comfort or console someone.

~*Inspired by Skyla_G*~

[Justin Wong]: Im the Greatest Street Fighter player in the world!!!
    [Rival Deigo]: Street fighter is over-rated...Just like spelling!

Senior Member *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX* has much to be proud of *FoX*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-15-2007 12:02 AM
    The land down under! u should join me where its warm! ^^,
    Threads

Love is a word. love is not real, love is just a word that people use to comfort or console someone.
    thats obviously not true,
    if love was just a word that people use to comfort each other, then where did it come from? does this mean its opposite, hate, is not real either?
    what is a world without love and hate?
    unfortunately for you, both exist and need one another to do so...

Slip out the back before they know you were there
    And at the worst you'll see nobody cares
    Cos you don't wanna be around when it all goes down
    Even heroes know when to be scared!

Senior Member anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133 has a reputation beyond repute anime133's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Gizmo Pocky Gemini
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 06:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: tehpaddleduck

Love is an experience.....a rush of emotions....just go with the flow and dnt misunderstand it

Member YoKu will become famous soon enough YoKu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2007 04:40 PM
    Threads

I personally believe that love is a curse that destroys both mind and soul. A useless emotion that can drive one to the brink of insanity.
    There is no past, present, or future.

17. Dislikes anime133 disliked this post
    Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by NotYourPrincess View Post
    You're just talking about one kind of love. Saying that is like saying that you lust after your parents.
    That's exactly what I've been trying to say in previous posts, because there is no single meaning for love.

As said before, most other languages have many different words to describe the different kinds of love. All we have is a single word. "I love my wife" and "I love my dog" is a good example. It's both using the same word, though they do not mean the same thing. Loving your dog is more like a strong friendship between Human and Animal, and loving your wife is more of commitment. "I love my parents" also has a different meaning, as it means more of a caring and thanks.

I don't know any other way to put it.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

love /lʌv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[luhv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, loved, lov&#183;ing.
    –noun
    1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
    2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
    3. sexual passion or desire.
    4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
    5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
    6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
    7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
    8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
    9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
    10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
    11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
    12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
    13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
    14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
    –verb (used with object)
    15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
    16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
    17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
    18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
    19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
    20. to have sexual intercourse with.
    –verb (used without object)
    21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
    —Verb phrase
    22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
    —Idioms
    23. for love,
    a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
    b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
    24. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
    25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
    26. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
    27. make love,
    a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
    b. to engage in sexual activity.
    28. no love lost, dislike; animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Well, doesn't this thread seem vaguely familiar. Probably because it is.

Anyways, onto the subject at hand: love. Love is a joke with no punch-line.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Shelley will become famous soon enough Shelley's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2007 06:44 PM
    Threads

How can you distinguish between lust, envy, desire, greed, sincerity, and love?

To care for someone else, is that love? Or is it selfishness on your part because you want someone to be with, so you don't have to be alone?

There's no way to tell if someone is being sincere, ever. Unless you somehow "enter" their mind, which is impossible, as of now...

Can we "love" something truly for what it is? No, because we love it for the pleasure it gives us. If it didn't give pleasure, we wouldn't like it. Our love for something is dependant upon the emotions it causes within us, be it hate, joy, sadness, etc.

Senior Member rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99 has a reputation beyond repute rpgwiz99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 03:37 AM
    Threads

well this is a really hard one. I really dont know how to explain how love works. I just know that when you love someone you will know it. most of the time people just go around saying I love you when they dont even mean it. It is a verry overused word and it is verry hard to understand, but once we studied love in class and I found out that there were 3 kinds of love:
    1.) A type of friendship love
    2.) Romance Love
    3.) and the love between family members like brothers and sisters or father and son.

This is really all I know on the subject of love.

♥ Red Haired Boy jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle has a reputation beyond repute jewel2sparkle's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:02 PM
    Threads

baby, don't hurt me?
    ~I'll never wish on another star again~

Just another crazy girl...
    hungry for your
    hot love

Member Scythe Of Honor is infamous around these parts Scythe Of Honor is infamous around these parts Scythe Of Honor's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2007 10:20 PM
    Threads

Love.
    Love is a word.
    love is a word to descvribe an emotional value you feel towards someone.
    There are diffrent levels of love though.
    TRUE love is when you would give your life with out hesatation for them, TRUE love is when they care about you and you could talk hours on end ont he phone, TRUE love is when you kiss them and that kiss stays for ever the most incredible feeling, when your skin touches theirs, when your lips meet thiers, you get a wonderful sensation in your brain telling you that you love them. When you can't stop thinking about them, THAT is true love.
    Love is when you care. Just care.

Senior Member bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe has a reputation beyond repute bardabe's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2014 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bardabe

Love? hm i honestly have to say i thought i knew what it was. to me it was caring for that person no matter what, when u don't feel whole without them, when you miss them if you are not with them. when you can;t stay mad at them for more than 1 hour and you always listen to each other. that was what i use to believe in... either i thought i found love but i never had it. or there is no such thing as love.
    Under construction.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Love is doing brain surgery with a sledgehammer.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

27. Dislikes anime133 disliked this post
Closed Thread

Thread Information