1. CHAT RULES: Chat rules are very well made. They keep the chat clean from useless posting and inappropriate language, and from now on they will keep clean this forum as well. The chat rules are applied for images, too. They can be found here.
2. BANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random images and don't quote images if not necessary. They are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post. When posting a big image (bigger than 640x480px) use the "Manage Attachments" feature under "Additional Options". This will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save bandwidth as well.
3. NO LINKING TO OTHER CG SITES: Linking to other sites is like advertising which falls under the category "Chat Rules". If you want to post a picture which is on another site, post the direct link of the picture or even better, use the "Image Uploader" located under the smiles list.
- http://name.deviantart.com = BAD and NOT ALLOWED,
- http://name.deviantart.com/picname.jpg = OK.
4. SPAM (aka Stupid Pointless Abusive Message): Off topic posts and threads, one word posts (don't post less than 4 words), double (or more) posts, advertisements, meaningless or just random threads all fall under this category. They are useless and just make the forum look bad. If you can't help it and you have to annoy someone with them, write a SPAM mail and email it to yourself. That won't hurt anyone. As everything, this rules has exceptions too. You are allowed to multi-post only (and I mean only) if in your thread nobody else posted in 2 days.
5. ONE THREAD, ONE USER: Please, use only one thread to show off your work. If you want to have only one thread for a specific subject use the sub forums to do so. Make sure you post your work in the sub forum named after your work type.
6. RESPECT OTHER'S WORK: When commenting somebody's work, please, leave a message longer than a one-liner and back up your statements with reasons. Make sure you contribute to the thread with a good and constructive critique.
*** BAD ONES ***
- I like it. Keep it up.
- I like it. Keep it up and I want to see more.
- Omg ... it's awesome. I like your work very very very much. Keep it up. <-- NOTE: This type of comment is just a way to try to make a sentence long enough to abide by the rules. We want you all know that we are not counting words (unless we find out you are breaking the rule about SPAM). This is not the school. We want content and we moderate the forums considering what's written and not how long the post is. Keep that in mind!
*** GOOD ONE ***
- Your avatar/signature/wallpaper is quite good. The colors work good together. And with the positions of the various elements, you achieved a really good overall composition. The result is simple yet stylish.
7. DON'T FLAME: Flaming is not criticism, but just insulting the one who made the art. If you can't write a critique without flaming don't do it. We always appreciate flamers who keep their opinions for themselves.
8. FAN ART or ORIGINAL ART: Fan art and original art goes in the Traditional Art Forum. Please, don't post it here!
As traditional is considered everything done with pencil, paper, paint, etc.
9. EXTRACTIONS: Extractions (your own, no stealing them) all goes in Resources Forum!
10. RIPPING: Ripping other's work and claim it as yours is like stealing and we won't allow it. If we find out your work is not yours, you will find your thread closed and get a verbal warning. If after opening a new thread we will find out you did it again you will get a warning. After we find you for the 3rd time you will be forbidden to post into this forum.
11. REQUESTING ART: Requesting signatures and avatars is not permitted in this forum. If you wish to request an art work, you can do so in the Requests forum or by private messaging the artist you wish your art from.
Every thread/post which won't meet the rules will be locked and the poster will get an infraction!
The rules are subject to change so keep tracking this thread for changes.
For any questions regarding the forum rules or this forum itself we are available over the private messaging system (aka PMs).
Signatures and Avatars Forum Moderators