AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official Ask Kagome Thread V 1.0

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2014 11:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Default Re: Official Ask Kagome Thread V 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp Knight View Post
    1.) Why is it that only Inuyasha can travel to Kagome's timeline?
    2.) Is there any reason why the anime stops half way through, then Final Act adapts the last batch of volumes with such fast pacing?
    3.) How accurate is Viz translation of the manga?
    4.) I've heard a lot of comparisons of Naraku and Sephroth and also Voldemort, even the Inuyasha wiki compares them. Did Rumic base Naraku off him?
    5.) Why did Viz make the ani-mangas?
    6.) How far did the Ani-Mangas adapt to?
    7.) Is it me, or does everyone in this show have a dead dad?
    +KAGOME+

1) Inuyasha is linked to Kagome in a way that no one else is. Plus, as we wind up seeing, Kagome controls the well through her sheer force of will...So she's probably the one that let Inuyasha in only.
    2) The anime stops halfway through because-like a *lot* of anime out there-it didn't have the time, money or material to keep going. (material meaning that it had caught up to the manga's current story arc and Takahashi had to produce more to keep it up.) There are a BUNCH of anime that stop in the middle of a story. OHHC, Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin (TV). etc. Though once the manga was completed in June 2008, there was still so much of a fan-base that the producers as Sunrise figured they might as well finish the anime off too. But-they didn't want to spend a lot of time, money or resources on it even so-so we wound up with a rushed, timeline-fuqed, smooshed together 26 episode run that zipped through 20 volumes of the rest of the manga.
    3) That's a mixed bag there. There are some points where its very well done, and then other points where its not well done at all, and doesn't say even remotely what was said. I'll blame US censorship for that though.
    4) No. Naraku was killing people before Voldemort or Sephiroth were a blink in anyone's eye. Both Harry Potter and Final Fantasy VII were put out in 1997, respectively. Inuyasha began its serialization a year before in 1996.
    5) Viz didn't. Viz is the American company that takes over translation and dubbing for anime and manga coming to the US. The people who originally serialized the Inuyasha manga did it actually. Shonen Sunday Comics. And they did it for the cash cow that Inuyasha turned into. They were making more money with them.
    6) The ani-manga only went as far as far as episode 88: "The Monkey God's Three Spirits."
    7) It's not just you. Pretty much everyone that matters' father is dead. There are a few exceptions... Kanta, the otter youkai, and Shinta, the boy with whom Kohaku-kun stayed with just before meeting up with Kikyou. But-no one important has a father.

Hope these answered your questions! Thanks for them!
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member Hemp Knight is on a distinguished road Hemp Knight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2014 12:50 AM
    Threads

But Naraku doesn't show up until like chapter 59, do you know exactly around what date he makes his debut? Or the Onigumo backstory?

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

But Naraku doesn't show up until like chapter 59, do you know exactly around what date he makes his debut? Or the Onigumo backstory?
    +KAGOME+

The precise exact date, no, but he showed up in Shonen Sunday volumes 20-30 in 1998. Only a year after Harry Potter was written and FFVII was released in Japan. So HP had not become a big thing /anywhere/ at all, and FFVII, hadn't scraped together the fanbase to be bug enough to influence anything in Takahashi's work. Though Sephiroth has been likened more to Sesshoumaru not Naraku anyway.

Thanks for the question. ^^

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This might be an anime-only thing, but when Inuyasha turns Full Demon Kagome uses the SIT technique to stop him. Later times Inuyasha turns full demon and Kagome doesn't seen to know what to do, instead Sesshomaru has to knock him out. Did she just forget or something?
    Last edited by Hemp Knight; 03-15-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

This might be an anime-only thing, but when Inuyasha turns Full Demon Kagome uses the SIT technique to stop him. Later times Inuyasha turns full demon and Kagome doesn't seen to know what to do, instead Sesshomaru has to knock him out. Did she just forget or something?
    +KAGOME+

Nope, its not an anime thing only...She uses it once to return him to hanyou in both the anime and the manga. The next time it happens. she doesn't forget-no-but there is danger around, and if she sat him while he was in the midst of peril then goodness knows what would have happened. Plus- "Osuwari" doesn't always cross her mind, this is true too. She says it more in the anime then in the manga because Sunrise decided to turn it into a purely comedic effort. (which was not the right thing to do, imo)

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I heard Koga's exit is different in the manga? Like there's no Ayame for him to marry because shes filer?

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I heard Koga's exit is different in the manga? Like there's no Ayame for him to marry because shes filer?
    +KAGOME+

That's exactly true. He leaves right after Kikyou passes away for good in the manga, and never shows up again. Even in the quake relief chapter Takahashi did a year ago.

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

How did they find out that the last Shikon Jewel was at Inuyasha's dad grave again? And how did the Jewel get there? Sorry for all the questions.
    Last edited by Hemp Knight; 03-17-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

How did they find out that the last Shikon Jewel was at Inuyasha's dad grave again? And how did the Jewel get there? Sorry for all the questions.
    +KAGOME+

They found out basically through Naraku, who found our via Mimisenri, the ear-youkai. The shard got there through Housenki, the old clam youkai who had created the black pearl for the Inu no Taishoy to stick into Inuyasha's eye. He passed away and brought the shard with him.

Don't worry about the questions! That's what this thread is for!!

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are the characteristics different in the manga? Like I heard the anime likes to exaggerate personality flaws, such as Sesshomaru's grudge against Inuyasha dragging way longer.

I want to buy the manga but 56 volumes would take up too much space.

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 10:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

How did you find this site, Kagome?
    My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Are the characteristics different in the manga? Like I heard the anime likes to exaggerate personality flaws, such as Sesshomaru's grudge against Inuyasha dragging way longer.

I want to buy the manga but 56 volumes would take up too much space.

+KAGOME+

The anime does exaggerate and exacerbate a lot of the characters flaws. That's true. Like when Kagome was going back home after Kikyou tried to drag Inuyasha to hell, in the anime she did go home , and Inuyasha made some stupid comment about wanting them both. In the manga Inuyasha stopped her from going home and admitted to her that she was special to him. Sessboumaru's grudge for Inuyasha didn't really last any longer than it did in the manga, but he kicked and was cruel to Jaken around a lot more in the anime then he did in the manga.

And you may not have to buy it. If you go to starkana.com you can read the entire manga there for free.

Thanks for the question!

Quote Originally Posted by Desu__Maiden View Post
    How did you find this site, Kagome?
    See your messages. This question doesn't belong on this thread. Read the rules at the beginning before posting.

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Eh I like the book feel more than reading it on a computer, I guess I'll find a way to get them.

Are there any other differences besides characterization?

Also how come Princess Abi looks human but her mum looks like a giant chicken? Must have been some weird breeding.

Why does Sesshomaru seem to be immune to Miasma and Poison?

What caused Naraku to lose his regeneration powers in Final Act?
    Last edited by Hemp Knight; 03-22-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Senior Member AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot has a reputation beyond repute AmandaNerdBot's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 10:45 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: DesuMaiden

Have you ever cosplayed as an Inuyasha character, and if yes, which character?
    My name is Desu__Maiden. I like stupid sexual jokes, just because I'm really a huge pervert. OMG, I could finally admit it. Pay my posts no attention.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Eh I like the book feel more than reading it on a computer, I guess I'll find a way to get them.

Are there any other differences besides characterization?

Also how come Princess Abi looks human but her mum looks like a giant chicken? Must have been some weird breeding.

Why does Sesshomaru seem to be immune to Miasma and Poison?

What caused Naraku to lose his regeneration powers in Final Act?
    +KAGOME+

Between the anime and the manga? Plenty. The story-line in general is a huge difference. While following the general plot of the manga the anime all too often veered off into other things that didn't happen, took away things that did, and made up filler stories that wind up confusing the hell out of the fandom at large because half of them consider the fillers canon when they never actually happened.

Same reason Sesshoumaru looks human but they only show the Inu no Taishou as a giant dog. Abi-hime was one of the higher up youkai that can manage to have a very human form, as well as a full youkai form. Much like Sesshoumaru. Also like Sesshi she didn't use her full youkai form much. And since Tekkei (her mother) was ill, one could figure she couldn't transform humanoid because she was ill.

Sesshoumaru is a poison using Youkai himself. That's why. Remember his poison claw attack?

He had used up ALL the youkai in his body to create the massive spider-ball that hung above Kaede's village, and Bakusaiga, the new blade Sesshoumaru got, had the ability of once its attack touched down on something-it would keep destroying it and destroying it and destroying it till there was nothing left. So Naraku having used up all his youkai to make the spider-ball, then having Sesshi unleash this devastating attack on his body...it meant BAM. No more insta-fixes.

Thanks for your questions. ^-^

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Why did Kikyo give Naraku the Shikon Jewel and help him power up? That one always confused me. I just get the vibe the writer did not now what to do with her character.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Why did Kikyo give Naraku the Shikon Jewel and help him power up? That one always confused me. I just get the vibe the writer did not now what to do with her character.
    +KAGOME+

Pretty much yeah. Takahashi seemed to be working toward Kikyou being a pure villain at that point in time...Then for some unknown reason she had Kikyou do a complete 180 in her characterization and had her come up with some lame excuse and plan for giving the shikon no tama chunk to Naraku. In all honesty I think Kikyou would have made a better, stringer, cooler impact if she'd remained as a villain. It would have given Takahashi some other bad guy to focus on other then Naraku for the entire series too...BUT anyway...You're right. Takahashi did not know where she was going with Kikyou. Or indeed the majority of the IY series.

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

When is it established that the Tenseiga steals demonic energy?

Like in Final Act episode 3, Inuyasha says Tetsuaiga is also a sword that steals demonic energy. But next episode hes talking about Dakki and if he gets that, Tetsusaiga will gain the ability to absorb demonic energy. Huh?
    Last edited by Hemp Knight; 03-26-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

When is it established that the Tenseiga steals demonic energy?

Like in Final Act episode 3, Inuyasha says Tetsuaiga is also a sword that steals demonic energy. But next episode hes talking about Dakki and if he gets that, Tetsusaiga will gain the ability to absorb demonic energy. Huh?
    +KAGOME+

Tenseiga never could steal youki. And never will be able to either. Tenseiga heals and that's about all it does.

As for Tetsusaiga, stealing youki means Inuyasha has to cut through an object of power and take the youki within it by force and being able to use it after. Absorbing it means all the Tetsusaiga does is take the youki and stores it. It can't really use the power it takes from the absorption.

Hope that answered your questions. ^^

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Meant to say Tetusgia both times, sorry.

Has Takahashi ever voiced her opinion on the cartoon?

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Meant to say Tetusgia both times, sorry.

Has Takahashi ever voiced her opinion on the cartoon?
    +KAGOME+

Not really. The closest thing she did was exclaim "Oh! So that's what Kagome sounds like!" When she heard Yukino Satsuki as Kagome. She also chose Yamaguchi Kappei exclusively to be Inuyasha's voice actor. Other than that-she hasn't really said much about the anime itself.

Thanks fro the question. ^^

...Clear...

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2014 07:11 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

I've never watched Inuyasha before (except like two-three episodes). Does it still hold up today or has the spark faded like Dragon Ball Z?
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^Well I'm not Kagome, but I think it holds up. Its very atmospheric and you grow attached to the characters. There is some padding there, I wont deny that though.

Anyway onto my question. I just watched Episode 16 of Final Act and apparently the whole thing about Kagome's name was not in the manga? How did the manga handle that scenario?

Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Yoko Littner View Post
    I've never watched Inuyasha before (except like two-three episodes). Does it still hold up today or has the spark faded like Dragon Ball Z?
    +KAGOME+

Well, its not iconic like DBZ or Sailor Moon is. Unless you know what anime/manga is-you probably won't know what Inuyasha is if someone mentioned it to you. But as for whether it holds up like DBZ it still has raging fans. Fans that will always love it and never let it die completely. It depends on if you liked it or not to whether it holds up.

Anyway onto my question. I just watched Episode 16 of Final Act and apparently the whole thing about Kagome's name was not in the manga? How did the manga handle that scenario?
    That's right. The whole name thing was cooked up by the anime producers. Takahashi handled it pretty much the same way-just without the name meaning business. It leaned more toward and focused heavily Kagome's miko abilities in the manga. Or what Hitomiko *thought* there was a lack there of.

Thanks for the questions!

...Clear...

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Are there any differences with the ending in the anime/manga?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information