AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Coheed and Cambria

Member Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 12:02 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Coheed and Cambria

Did a search and didn't find a thread about these guys so I thought I'd go ahead and make one. Coheed and Cambria is a band from New York consisting of Claudio Sanchez ( vocals and guitar ), Travis Stever ( Guitar, back vocals ) and the two recent members Josh Eppard ( percussion ) and Mic Todd ( bass ). They play a progressive type of rock music that has been compared with the likes of Rush. Their music should be relatively easy to find ( a trip to Youtube is all you should need ), and in my opinion is well worth it. My personal favorites ( song wise ) are Welcome Home, The Suffering, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3, The Light and The Glass, and any of their Willing Well songs. Opinions welcome, and I hope that if youv'e never listened to them you will do so with an open mind.
    Run and suffer.............but don't mess up your hair!

Pm me if you have any questions about God and Christianity, I'll do my best to help.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Oh, I've heard of them. But the only song I have is Wake Up, which is sooo emo and sad. But I like it. Sometimes I need to listen to the lyrics.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Member Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some people say they are an emo band, but I'd have to disagree. It's emotional yes, but not quite emo. You should really look up Welcome Home, that in itself shows ( to me at least ) that they aren't an emo band.

Pm me if you have any questions about God and Christianity, I'll do my best to help.

Senior Member Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske is infamous around these parts Sanoske's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2008 01:59 PM
    Threads

Finally some one posts a thread about them. I love this band. some of my favorite songs are welcome home,blood red summer, ten speed and devil in jersy city
    The further you go into the light, the longer your shadow becomes

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I also strongly disagree with Coheed And Cambria being emo.

I have all three of their albums and Sanchez's solo project The Prize Fighter Inferno's only album. In Keeping Screts Of Silent Earth - 3 is likely my favourite album by them.

Some favourite songs:
    Devil In Jersey City
    Cuts Marked In The March Of Men
    Blood Red Summer
    The Crowing
    Three Evils Embodied In Love And Shadow
    Welcome Home
    Wake Up
    Ten Speed (Of God's Blood And Burial)
    The Suffering
    Last edited by Ryth; 12-08-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gald to see there are some other fans. One thing I don't like is all the people who don't like Sanchez for his voice. I'll admit that I didn't like it at first, but after a while I learned to really appreciate it and love it. Alot of people hear his voice and don't give them a second chance, and I really think they're missing out. On another note, I have never heard a Coheed song I didn't like. They are one of those bands I can put on play and listen all the way through the album, which for me is rare.

Edit: After reading Ryth's post, I agree with him. That's what I meant originally, but it came across kinda harsh in the first post.
    Last edited by Smitty; 12-08-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Senior Member Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth has a reputation beyond repute Ryth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2011 03:57 PM
    Threads

I only dislike it when they hear it once and never give him a real chance. it got me by surprise when I first him on a music video, but I did like it. I can respect (but disagree with) someone if they gave it a real chance and just didn't like it. I can understand how one wouldn't like it.

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

When I first saw them perform on TV, I was turned off. Really turned off. The lead singer honestly freaked me out that bad (the hair had alot to do with it).

But then I was in the car and one of their songs came on, it wasn't too bad. I just can't.. look at them and listen to them at the same time.

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I honestly haven't seen or heard too much of them; the singer has this really funny voice that I don't like too much.

And his hair. Boy, does he have some freaky hair on his head.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I absolutely love his hair, I think it's awesome...I'd never grow it like that. I like them...but the singer is a little annoying. But I look past it, considering my favorite band is dream theater. I mean, it takes alot of patience to listen to david labrie >_>

But I like what I've heard.

The suffering = Great Chick song, and rockin' too
    Wake Up = Chick song, very lame
    Welcome Home = Rockin, Led Zep Esque with a lacking guitar duel.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Senior Member Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber is a name known to all Slumber's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2007 11:22 AM
    Threads

I've listen to their singles and saw them live once. Quite good, sthe I have heard from them. And I actually enjoy Claudio's voice.

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

I am a fan of Coheed and Cambria. Not necessarily a big fan, but a fan, nevertheless. I've never seen them perform, though; in fact, I've never seen a picture or anything of them. But I have heard several of their songs, including (my personal favorite) "The Suffering" and "A Favor House Atlantic". The sound is a bit trippy, but I like it.

Junior Member DarkDragonj921 is on a distinguished road DarkDragonj921's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-12-2006 07:38 PM
    Threads

i love Coheed and Cambria, they're one of my favorite bands. i think my favortie song is either Welcome Home, or Devil in Jersey City
    -Jeff/Keon
    Semper Fi

I'm an urban ninja yo

SPARKLE SPARKLE!!! Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra has a reputation beyond repute Myrra's Avatar
    Gil
    Ornery
    Gifts Tsubasa Mokona Eva Penpen
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-12-2015 07:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*bump*

(cos it's my job as moderator)
    Anime-Tron

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Mom: Iris Brother: Cypher Sister: LPS Boyfriend: Rodimus
    Siggy by DPBM

Senior Member Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena has a reputation beyond repute Rena's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2012 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: sarahstatic

I realize that this topic hasnt had any replies since 2006, but I'm just wondering if anyone knew about the whole thing where Claudio writes the songs in coordinance with the comic he does? The Amory Wars? 'Cause all of the songs are based off situations in the comic. ^^-b

You
    dare tell me who to be? Who died and made you king of anything?

f a c e b o o k .

Junior Member cshaobu435128 is on a distinguished road cshaobu435128's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 10:15 PM
    Threads

Closed Thread

Thread Information