AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: newbie would liek help

Junior Member rinko is on a distinguished road rinko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2006 12:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default newbie would liek help

hey

i'm pretty new to this stuff and have no mates to guide me so i hoped someone could help me with my quandaries:

1- i recently got GitS on dvd however it clocks in at approx 120mins and i remember it being longer with more scenes that aren't on this dvd (i originally watched it once on video about 7 years ago). are there different versions/cuts of this film? i read the plot description on wikipedia and it seemed to match up with this dvd i have so i'm not sure if i'm going mad or what but i really want to see the longer version i remember - does it exist?

2- was 'blood: the last vampire' originally all in japanese or in the half english/half japanese with subtitles version i have got? is it possible to get a version of this dvd which is all in the original japanese (with english subtitles) cos i don't rate the some of the english voice actors on the film...ruins it a bit for me...

3- what do people recommend as being the classic anime to start off a collection with? i've got akira, 1 disc of yu yu hakusho and ninja scroll as well as the 2 titles metioned above...was thinkin of gettin princess mononoke and azumanga daioh next...

thank you very much for you help!

much appreciated!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default on a side note, newbie would also 'liek' spelling lessons

you'd never know i studied english at university...

Fan of Metal fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2007 01:59 AM
    Threads

First, you should edit your posts. Second, I can only help you with number 3....Some good animes to start a collection in my eyes would be the ones you like, Yu Yu Hakusho is a good anime and since you have disc one you should get disc 2 and see if you still like it.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I like YuYu Hakusho, so I'll tell you to collect that. It's a bit lengthy though, about 100+ episodes.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Member RyanSAC will become famous soon enough RyanSAC will become famous soon enough RyanSAC's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2008 10:50 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by rinko View Post
    hey

i'm pretty new to this stuff and have no mates to guide me so i hoped someone could help me with my quandaries:

1- i recently got GitS on dvd however it clocks in at approx 120mins and i remember it being longer with more scenes that aren't on this dvd (i originally watched it once on video about 7 years ago). are there different versions/cuts of this film? i read the plot description on wikipedia and it seemed to match up with this dvd i have so i'm not sure if i'm going mad or what but i really want to see the longer version i remember - does it exist?

2- was 'blood: the last vampire' originally all in japanese or in the half english/half japanese with subtitles version i have got? is it possible to get a version of this dvd which is all in the original japanese (with english subtitles) cos i don't rate the some of the english voice actors on the film...ruins it a bit for me...

3- what do people recommend as being the classic anime to start off a collection with? i've got akira, 1 disc of yu yu hakusho and ninja scroll as well as the 2 titles metioned above...was thinkin of gettin princess mononoke and azumanga daioh next...

thank you very much for you help!

much appreciated!

I also thought the DVD was quite short but I guess you'll never know for sure unless you try and buy the tape.

And I started out with Stand Alone Complex and it really got me into it.....But Yu Yu Hakusho is really good too.

Kyo Lover^^ tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070 has a spectacular aura about tigercat070's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2007 10:29 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSAC View Post
    I also thought the DVD was quite short but I guess you'll never know for sure unless you try and buy the tape.

And I started out with Stand Alone Complex and it really got me into it.....But Yu Yu Hakusho is really good too.
    i would not recomend stand alone complex as a first its very hard to understand if your just geting started in collecting anime i would say though that a good one is fruists basket easy to understand and it has a good story line

this great sig is made by Alias-Revolution
    (\_/)
    (0.o)
    (><) copy this bunny on to your signature to help in his quest for world domination if you dont you will die slow

Senior Member MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2008 06:30 PM
    Threads

Unfortunately I can't answer any of the questions except #3. I reccomend getting anime that you really enjoy and find an anime based on the genre you like. And to give you an example of a good anime, I reccomend Inuyasha, but I warn you it's very long. It's about 100+ episodes but a great anime.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

hey

cheers for the help-

i'll def keep an eye out for fruits basket cos i borrowed the 1st 3-4 volumes of the manga and enjoyed them. started reading cromartie high school, genshiken and eden too so i'll look for the anime of those (i know there's one of cromartie - not sure bout the other 2).

i've ordered the FLCL books too - what are the anime like? i heard it compared favourably to azumanga daioh. views?

i found about about GitS as well. when i said my version was 120mins long what i actually meant was it was 1hr20mins (80mins) long whereas the full version IS about 120mins (bout 2 hours innit) so i traded my cut down version for the real thing. sorted!

Closed Thread

Thread Information