AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Asian Kung Fu Generation

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Asian Kung Fu Generation

I check the main forum, there was no thread, so here it is.

I've been listening to AKFG for about four years now, and their popularity has sky-rocketed, greatly in part to their songs "Rewrite" and "Haruka Kanata" appearing in FullMetalAlchemist and Naruto, respectively.
    I only know of a few diehard fans of them on this forum, so I figure this will be a good way to lure you all out.
    So, do any of you have any AKFG albums? Favorite songs? Favorite PV?

I have Sol-Fa, though I have no idea where it is, Fanclub, and Feedback file, as well as most of their single albums from the past 4 years. My favorite song is "Jihei Tansaku", and my favorite PV is the one for "Blue Train".

How about the rest of you?

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I honestly don't know too much about them with the exception of the two songs that you mentioned. Their music seems to have a really high energy feel to it and even though I have no idea what they are saying I used to find myself trying to sing along. Trying being the key word lol.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Senior Member Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi has a reputation beyond repute Souhi's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2013 04:52 AM
    The land of hockey, beer, and a plague of corny stereotypes. Oh Canada.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My friend has Sol-fa, and I own a burned copy (which I payed for...great friend) and I have most of their songs as far as I know.

They are, and have been my favorite non-english band for nearly 2 years. I heard Haruka Kanata and was hooked on the sound and level of energy in the music. My first few favorites were Loop and Loop and Kimi to Iu Hana. As the months passed I learned to love dozens of their songs. N.G.S, Flashback and World Apart are excellent as well.

My favorite song of the moment is either Kaiga Kyoushitsu or Rocket No. 4.

Favorite PV is Blackout or Kimi no Machi Made.

--------------------------------------------

Yoo Jaesuk. Korea's loveable fool.
    --------------------------------------------
    Awesomely in your face set by Tatty!

"“All he could have; I made him just and right, sufficient to have stood, though free to fall.” - John Milton

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

I love AKFG! I heard about them also because of "Riraito" from Fullmetal Alchemist. They have such an interesting sound, and it sounds just like anything like from America.

BTW, my favorite songs are Blackout and Riraito, and my favorite PV is Loop & Loop.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

I know nothing about them save for Haruka kanata haha. But that song is ok I guess, so I guess the rest shouldn't be too bad. The singer though...ergh..
    [
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

I like them a whole bunch, though I've only recently started to listen to them. I love the energy they seemed to project; it keeps me interested throughout the whole song.

Honestly, I love Rewrite; I had no idea it was from FMA, really.

My favorite song? Mirai No Kakera, if I'm right about the name.

I'm hoping to hear more from them; they seem to be pretty freakin' awesome so far. But with a name like that, how can't they be?
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Member Sand_Whale is on a distinguished road Sand_Whale's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2006 05:04 PM
    Threads

I came across their music by sheer chance and became a instant fan. I now have every cd and single they've done and am quite pleased with how their music is going.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    I know nothing about them save for Haruka kanata haha. But that song is ok I guess, so I guess the rest shouldn't be too bad. The singer though...ergh..
    [
    "Haruka Kanata" is far from being one of their best songs, and at the time it was originally recorded, it has been reviewed that Gotoh's(the lead singer's) vocals were not as experience as they are now.
    One of the things I find great about the group is that the vocals are not exactly harmonic, but at times are so far from the music that it actually fits with the music. The level of energy and emotion they can make is beyond that of most groups I hear today.

I'm just so Domo! Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku has a reputation beyond repute Dengaku's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2010 07:31 PM
    Threads

They are my all time favorite band. They really have me hooked. Every since I looked up "Naruto Season 2 Opening" on Youtube, I've been addicted.

I have Sol-fa, Houkai Amplifier, and Fanclub. I went broke buying them, because I had to buy them from Amazon (They don't sell them in stores...).

My favorite song would have to be Rewrite. That's also my favorite PV.

I agree with everyone. They put a lot of energy into their songs, and I think they enjoy what they do...

Made by me. =D

kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2007 09:12 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ajikan! Definitly one of my favorite Japanese bands ever. I have just about every single one of their albums (except maybe some of the earlier EPs).
    But Ajikan is really one of those bands that just makes you wanna learn Japanese, because Gotou just has so much feeling when he sings. If anyone has heard ファンクラブ (Fanclub) lately, you'll know what I mean.

Delightfully poetic, a great band...if you haven't already, listen to some Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I'm sure Xero XIII can agree with me, you won't be disappointed.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by kendoka7 View Post
    because Gotou just has so much feeling when he sings. If anyone has heard ファンクラブ (Fanclub) lately, you'll know what I mean.

Delightfully poetic, a great band...if you haven't already, listen to some Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I'm sure Xero XIII can agree with me, you won't be disappointed.
    "Angou no Waltz" is a great example from Fanclub, especially that extension during the final chorus "angou no youna fusaida kotoba..." and so on.
    Though I think it is best displayed during "Flashback [LIVE]" and "Understand [LIVE]" (tracks 13 & 14 on Feedback File).
    In terms of that catchy music, I'd say "Rocket No.4" and "Jihei Tansaku" are the best...just so damn catchy...

Edit: Oh, if anyone is interested, I can PM you a site with translations for most of their songs...
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 01-02-2007 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Member Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me has a reputation beyond repute Abstract Me's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2007 02:33 PM
    Threads

I have only heard 2 songs; "Haruka Kanata" and "Rewrite". I loved them since the first time I've heard them. As of now, I'm waiting for Sol-fa to come in the mail. My brother had ordered it for me for Christmas. ^^; I cannot find any japanese music ANYWHERE, which is why he ordered it. Even when I travel to the near city of Houston...nothing. ;-; Oh well.

So much energy though. I look forward to getting Sol-fa soon.
    - Wonderful sig made by Megami91 -

And when the day arrives
    I'll become the sky
    And I'll become the sea
    And the sea will come to kiss me
    For I am going home.
    Nothing can stop me now.

kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    "Angou no Waltz" is a great example from Fanclub, especially that extension during the final chorus "angou no youna fusaida kotoba..." and so on.
    I totally agree! I love that song, by the way. But there are certain songs that have that great lounge quality. Slow, but they still make you move. My personal favorite (among others) is 夕暮れの紅. What a great song!
    Last edited by kendoka7; 01-02-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Oh wow! I'm happy for you! You're gonna love ソルファ (Sol-fa). Every song on that album is great. Not one falls short.

Does anyone play guitar?

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Does anyone play guitar?
    1 guitarist reporting for duty. AKFG songs are, for the most part, very simple. But sometimes they do some interesting things with the harmonization from the few songs I've heard.
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Why Gantz!? Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono has a reputation beyond repute Junpei Kurono's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2009 04:16 PM
    Threads

Ah!..AKFG!!!
    love 'em...
    even though my broke but don't have any of their Cd's...I Truely first heard the song Loop and Loop because my bud had it downloaded...but yeah i don't think i could call myself a diehard fan but "Blue Train" is an awsome PV...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Masali View Post
    AKFG songs are, for the most part, very simple. But sometimes they do some interesting things with the harmonization from the few songs I've heard.
    I'd have to agree with you on that one. I was always surprised by how effectively they could use those simple riffs. One of my favorite intros is in 君の街まで. Simple, but fun to play.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I was always surprised by how effectively they could use those simple riffs. One of my favorite intros is in 君の街まで. Simple, but fun to play.

For further reference, could use use romanji? I know hiragana and kanakata, but Kanji leaves me stupefied. At that point, I'm betting most people who see this won't know any characters whatsoever.
    <_<

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I know hiragana and kanakata, but Kanji leaves me stupefied.
    Oh, forgive me.
    I hang out at the Japanese Language Forum too much. (>_<')

By the way, it's "katakana", not "kanakata".

The song I was talking about is Kimi no machi made in romaji, or To your town in English.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh, forgive me.
    I hang out at the Japanese Language Forum too much. (>_<')

By the way, it's "katakana", not "kanakata".

The song I was talking about is Kimi no machi made in romaji, or To your town in English.
    Meh, my bad. The "kata" and "kana" sound similar, so I always switch them up somehow.
    But, yeah, it's a good song. Really weird PV, but a good song. I don't think I will ever understand what the giant lobster was there for...

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

Rewrite and Haruka Kanata but Loop & Loop amuses me too
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I don't think I will ever understand what the giant lobster was there for...
    Yea, I'm right there with you, buddy. But we should all know by now that the Japanese are just plain weird. That's why they're so freakin awesome. Haha.

Black Out's PV was really strange too, now that I remember it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information