AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: What is your favorite animal and why?

Senior Member timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90 has a brilliant future timewarp90's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2007 02:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Somewhere in Florida, but it feels more like the center of the sun ::sooo hot here:: 0.0
    Threads

Default What is your favorite animal and why?

This question actually has some psychological significance! I'll tell you why in a few days. First:

What is your favorite animal and why? Just name one favorite animal and describe some traits about it that you like.

I'm a SCUBA diver and my favorite animal is the octopus. That might sound wierd but if any of you have ever seen one in person, you know why. They are just so COOL! I love octopi (I think that's the plural) because they are really friendly, they are curious, and also are one of the smartest animals in the world. They also have these amazing chromatophores (color changing cells) that allow them to camoflage to protect itself from enemies. I've seen videos (unfortunatley never in person...yet) where an octopus will be in different environments and it just seems to effortlessley change color, it was so pretty.

For all of you who know the interpretation of this question please do not say "OH I KNOW! This is about..." because it will ruin the fun.

Don't forget to answer truthfully! I'll post the reasoning behind this question in a few days ^.^
    "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."
    -William Shakespear

I drew this ^.^

*Pwned by S3ld* ♥ Hitsugaya Toushiro will become famous soon enough Hitsugaya Toushiro will become famous soon enough Hitsugaya Toushiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2006 11:40 PM
    Threads

Personally my favorite animal would be a Raven.

Why? Because they're always known for chilling moments in horror films, the sounds of their caws bring a shiver down your spine. They always seem to appear out of nowhere and stand upon high poles when noone else is around. I like them because they're mysterious in more ways than one. Not only that, but also because birds are my favorite animal in general. Why I have come to this conclusion is through a quote I came across.

"If flying means to have freedom, then the bird will soon grow tired of flying and wish to come home. So the true meaning of freedom is to have a home to come back to."

I guess you could say I'm pretty driven by this.
    "If you hurt Hinamori. I'll kill you."

Hikikomori Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro is infamous around these parts Sasaki_Kojiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-29-2008 08:59 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 15463346

big foot because he is so hairy
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four People is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Sig made byMaruDashi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeromashi View Post
    I belive its spelt Ninja not Nija. I suggest you change that. Other then that they are great.

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

The species I find the most intriguing would have to be the "Reptiles" in my opinion. The one that stands out the most for me is the common snake. I absolutely love snakes. I would catch them and show them to all of my friends when I was little. I even caught a few venomous species a couple of times. Ever since I was five I was fascinated by them. There incredibly fast speed, the way they feed, and the way they feel. Were all amazing characteristics. The reptile species has been around ever since the dinosaurs roamed the Earth. Which dates back quite awhile. I'm sorry that I don't have specific dates for these species, but if I had a geological time scale, I could have told you exactly where on the geological time scale they date back to. The snakes curved fangs, are quite a fascinating feature. The snake will grasp hold of its prey using those teeth, and dislocate its jaw, so that it can fit the entire meal in its mouth. However, there are the other species that constrict their prey such as that of a rat snake, cornsnake, and a gopher snake. There are many more species that both constrict there prey, and those that just swallow there food alive. The common garter snake is a great example that eats there food live. They also produce live young. I found that out reading, and also raising a batch of garter snakes for a while. Some snakes hunt primarily at night, and a good example of that are the rattle snakes. I won't name many but an example could be that of the Western Diamond Back Rattle Snake. There are many that still believe that rattle snakes are the most deadly species. In fact they aren't. The Taipan in Australia is said to be the world's deadliest species, and if I am correct the poison can kill a person in a matter of a few minutes, or even seconds. The reason for this is that the blood tends to clot, which blood in the body needs to continue to circulate in order to survive, and allow us to function. I find that snakes for there size, have incredible abilities to cope with their surroundings. A snakes tongue, helps the snake determine sound vibrations, and also smell its surroundings, as to taste its food. It will extend its tongue out, and intake a smell, vibration, or even a taste of something, and take it to the back of its mouth where its glands are. Another very intriguing feature about the snake species, is that gender can be sometimes be determined by the snakes tail length. A male, is said to have a very long, and narrow tail. A female is said to have a very short, but thick tail. Snakes make for quite an amazing species in evolution, and their history is by far intriguing. This is the reason why I love reptiles! Snakes are incredible species! Which I do plan on focusing in on a job dealing with them in the near future.
    Last edited by Kitanoru; 12-04-2006 at 12:12 AM.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

Octopus = tentacles XD

I like cats and their kind, except for the sphinx (ugly cat from Hell!). Cats are nice, but can be nasty and playful. It's hard to earn their loyalty, but won't leave you once they trust you. And they're very huggable ^^

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Cthulu. He may not be an animal, but he has animalistic characteristics.
    Also, I dread the day he comes back and I'm not in good standing with the old ones!

Senior Member Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth has a reputation beyond repute Darrmyth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2009 05:42 PM
    Threads

The Animal: The Tiger
    Why: because it is such a beautiful animal.

--\/-- घ फोना ईाूहील् --/\-- I Have Returned--\/--

Member nars has a spectacular aura about nars has a spectacular aura about nars's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2006 06:01 PM
    Philippines for now, born&raised in CA though
    Threads

I love all animals and I've been thinking about being a vet.

Cats are great though. I love how you have to earn their respect.
    I own 4 cats. One mama cat [ Promise ] And 3 kittens. King, Tiger and Garfield.

I also own 5 dogs. 2 that stay in my garage and 3 in the backyard.

If i COULD pick a favorite animal though. I would say either the Panda or Moon Bear.
    Just for the sake that they've been through so much.... Plus they're real cute. =)

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=40254

Closed.

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Closed Thread

Thread Information