AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a book to me.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Oh yes, Wicked was a good book. I also recommend The Poisonwood Bible and Fingersmith. *Sarah Waters fangirl*

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

I recommend you "The Art of War". Not that you'd be a military general, but if you comparise war with real life, and soldiers with people, you'll find that they have a lot in common. This manual will help you "fight" life itself. The effects is has: it changes your point of view over humans; after being done with this book, you'll find yourself surrounded by a bunch of tools made of meat, who will do ANYTHING you want as long as you give them the illusion that they are the ones getting what they want. It increases your self-trust, as it decreeses your trust in others, wich is good, for they can become at any time, Back-stabbers. Go figure.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Member tenshi_kaitou_kirei will become famous soon enough tenshi_kaitou_kirei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 09:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skyla View Post
    Hello, Fieeery <333
    Well, you might like 'Kensuke's Kingdom' by Michael Morpugo.
    The story is about a boy, his dog and his parents went to travel around the world and they stopped to Australia to see their grandparents. The boy is also names Michael. He and his dog were sleeping on the boat and it drifted away to some unknown island. He though nobody lives in there, until he meets Kensuke, the only Japanese survivor who was missing long time since the war in Nagawsaki (sp, it's somewhere in Japan) alone in the island with animals to look after.
    Meh, I could go on forever but it'll be like I'm telling you the story. Anyways, this story is really good, emotional, touching and it sounded as if it happened in real life. And if you get to the part that said, 'Killer Man Has Come', you'll be in tears, like me. It's really really sad
    I started that one for a book report but when he got to the island it turned into a boring man-against-nature thing, i didnt like it...
    Some lessons, if to be truly learnt, must be taught by sorrow
    How long can you fight the darkness before you find it in yourself?
    Sometimes we see more clearly in darkness than in the light of day
    To embrace the darkness is to discover your inner light

Member tenshi_kaitou_kirei will become famous soon enough tenshi_kaitou_kirei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 09:05 PM
    Threads

Cool

I could recomend so many but I will only recommend the one series that had me laughing crying on the edge of my seat and everything else-->enter The Shadow Children SeriesBy Margret Peterson HaddixI started reading this series in 6th grade when there were only the first like 4 books out and now they have the rest of them done...there is 6 or 7 books i 4get which..Among The Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Among the Enemy, and the last one that just came out (i havent read it yet our library just got it and its been checked out every week 4 a month) Among the Free!
    This series is about a society that only allows people to have two children and if they have more the population police will come, take the children and kill them, just because they are a third. The story over the 7 books tells about Luke Garner who is a third and how he along with other children in hiding try to defeat the population police and their iron rule over society...it is a WONDERFUL series and soo sad about how they just massacre these poor kids (
    I'm gonna stop now cuz this is becoming a book in itself but i just thought of a few more i would recomend, The Giver and all the books in that series(4got them all heh), and i had another one but i just forgot what it was oh well thats probably enough lol ^^ good luck!
    sayonara
    Some lessons, if to be truly learnt, must be taught by sorrow
    How long can you fight the darkness before you find it in yourself?
    Sometimes we see more clearly in darkness than in the light of day
    To embrace the darkness is to discover your inner light

Goddess of Twilight Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 11:35 AM
    Threads

I'd recommend either "The Elfqueen of Shanarra" or "The Talismans of Shanarra" but any book by Terry Brooks is good. Those were my two favorite books I've ever read and they're really good so if you like fiction you might like these two.
    Sig and Avy by KuroTan.
    Are you a fan? Pm me if you want a custom sig from me.

iProcrastinate. Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2010 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish T.T

Well,if you like Dragons and REALLY long Novels,i reccomend 'Eragon'.You have probably seen the commercial for the movie,I really like the book(btw it's by Christopher Paolini)The second book is called 'Eldest'

If you like Mangas,I reccomend The Naruto Series and Mangas by Koge-Donbo
    I Sig by Hakuchuumu<3 I

We're Waiting For You. :]

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

For the serious reader:

"Animal Farm" <== Nice fiction about animals, in a farm... but more than a simple fable ^^

"The Exile Way" (Anne Rice) <== My absolute favorite. It's a kind of detective story set in ancient Japan, and without detectives. I really love it. I couldn't wait to get to the last chapter ^^

"Rose Madder" (Stephen King) <== Kinda lengthy and boring at times, but I like the bit of revenge and mystery, and possibly-true-to-life things that go on in the story.

"The Lost Continent Mu" (James Churchward) <== A rather strange book. I am interested in "lost" civilizations though, so I read it ^^ Interesting stuff, that book has.

For lighter reading:

The Harry Potter books (J.K. Rowling) <== My fave is the fifth book, "Order of the Phoenix". It makes for a nice read when you're bored and have absolutely nothing worthwhile to do XD Little emo Potter running around and not getting in trouble for breaking the rules... ah, the life!

Narnia books (C.S. Lewis) <== My fave is "The Silver Chair" ^^ I like this a bit less than the HP series because it's a bit too wordy, but overall I like it's story more.

A Series of Unfortunate Events ("Lemony Snicket") <== Rather "realistic" ^^ I like the first-person point of view.

* Lewis and Snicket's works aren't as light as Rowling's though. They have a lot of symbolism underneath.

I hope my list helps yah ^^
    Last edited by kyubichan; 12-03-2006 at 10:04 AM.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

From newest to oldest:

kyubichan: Let me say one thing that's standing in the way of me thanking you. In the very first post of this thread, I simply, very simply requested that you suggest -one- book to me, not 7. For this reason, I'm not going to go over with you your suggestions, because frankly, there are just to many. You described the books, but you did not share with me why they're meaningful.

Anyway, I've read everything you've suggested with the exception of two things: that Anne Rice novel and The Lost Continent Mu. I'll pick up one of them, the latter, because frankly, I can't stand Anne Rice.

sakura-chan: Why don't people read the previous posts? The foundation of a good thread is a good discussion that can build from post to post. However, you must read the ones before yours for this to happen. Frankly, I'm not even asking for a discussion. I would've appreciated it, however, if you took the time to read the recommendations before yours. You could've even prefaced it with "I know this has already been suggested, but..." You didn't tell me why you liked it so much, either, or why it's important to you.

Aura of the Twilight: Thanks for your suggestions. I agree, Terry Brooks is a talented novelist.

tenshi_kaitou_kirei: Not to sound like SUCH a fangirl, but (and I'm guessing) when I was around your age, The Giver was one of my FAVORITE books. It might still be, just because I attatch those memories to it. Now, don't be offended by what I might have to say next. As I've already said to someone else, I'm not really a sentimental person, so these books might not touch me as they've touched you. However, I'll still give them a look at, since you took the time to suggest them to me. =)

Dr.McDoom!: Reloaded: Ah, McDoom, that sounds like a fantastic book. I have to say, I might enjoy reading it simply for the fact that it already sounds like what I think of most people. And any book to further encourage me in doing so will be popular with me.

Capernicus: When you say Sarah Waters, it makes me want to think of Puritans. However, I'm going to assume that THAT isn't what you meant, and you're simply referring to the author of the books? Oh, dear, I don't want to be stereotypical in asking you this, but do you know any [I]good[I] books that incorporate gay relationships? I love those. It's the main reason I even started reading Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series in the first place.

arthas: I'm going to keep this short. No thanks.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member swordsman32 has a spectacular aura about swordsman32 has a spectacular aura about swordsman32's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-11-2007 07:33 PM
    Threads

Eragon, and if you like it, read the 2nd book, Eldest.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

http://s8.bitefight.org/*************38026 <------ Click here if you dare ^^

Copy if you support ninjas XD

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Look. Please please PLEASE read other suggestions. This is not a place to quickly throw out ideas. On the contrary, I created this thread to collect everyone's thoughts on their favorite books. The last few posts have been MORE than lackluster, and people, come on. Read the previous posts. I've been recommended Eragon THREE times, now.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

@Fiery

Oh, right, sorry.

About "The Lost Continent Mu", it describes findings of some archaeological evidence of Mu. There are also descriptions and translations of ancient writings that point toward the existence of the lost continent. I found it to be a good read because it roused my curiosity and certainly backed up the theories that the author had about the topic. It also gave possible answers to some of the modern world's mysteries, like the Easter Island statues and why some architectural designs in Asia resemble that of South America's.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

well, im not looking to write an essay on it for you, but i will recommend a book that i enjoyed. Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. im not sure, you might find it lame, but i loved it. It's about a man that was cursed at birth and he tries to predict what bad is going to happen but turns out something completely unexpected, hence the name "life expectancy"

it's really a good book. and saying "it teaches you a lot about life" sounds corney but it seriously does. plus, its entertaining. like the kind of book you want to read twice or three times.

but it's also a book you have to think about and interpret on your own, so if youre just looking for action or something, forget reading it.

"Idle hands are the devil's playground..."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

kyubichan: Thank you. I appreciate you posting again and explaining those things to me. It sounds even more interesting than it did before, and now that you've described to me all those things, I'm -definitely- going to pick it up.

*fjdkslfjdlfjdks* (=3): (Sorry, I couldn't resist. It looked too fun.) Dean Koontz, eh? I've never been a fan of his work in the past, but since you've recommeded it, I'll at least look at it. I never asked you to write an essay... but thank you for explaining it to me, nonetheless.

Kuso Saniwa _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_ has a reputation beyond repute _CTA_'s Avatar
    Gil
    Torn
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube 025 - Pikachu Moon Crystal Locket
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2017 12:20 AM
    Threads

I recommend:
    -Narnia Series. This book is like the BEST I've ever read. Even though theres the movies but you better read it.
    -Dustbin Baby. It's a girl story, though. It's kinda sad but it's nice.
    -The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. This book is AMAZING. Its really nice. It's kinda funny though. *rofl*

ill post more if i remember any.
    Used to be known as cool_tria_anime.
    「今宵の俺は血に飢えている…ってな」

Illustration credit: banafria @ tumblr

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

cool_tria_anime: You didn't read the first post in this thread, did you? I'm very hesitant to reply to someone who couldn't even bother to read what I was asking. =/ I asked that you only recommend one thing to me, and I asked for you to tell me why it was meaningful to you, and why you think I should read it.

However... I've read the Narnia Series, and the Adventures of Tom Sawyer. As for your other book, since it's the only one I've never heard of, I'll look for it. I would appreciate it, as would many others, I'm sure, that you read the first and every post to a thread before commenting.

Junior Member webby can only hope to improve webby's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2007 06:17 AM
    Threads

the mists of avalon, its really long but its one of the best books i've ever read. its about the whole king aurther theory. also it's kinda rated pg 17 for intimate incounters.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

webby: Anything about King Arthur is a thumbs up in my book. And don't worry about the whole "Not for audiences under 17" thing. I believe I am of age. =)

Member silly_uchiha will become famous soon enough silly_uchiha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2007 03:12 PM
    Threads

I suggest any of the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett. This is parody at its best, with fantasy mixed in. The characters are really enjoyable, like Corporal Nobby Nobbs, who has to carry a certificate that proves he's human, Death, who always speaks in CAPITAL LETTERS, Rincewind the "Wizzard" who's such a coward he comes back the other way as a hero, and a whole myriad of others with their own hilarious idiosyncracies.

Fun Fact: Discworld novels hold the record for the most shoplifted books.

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

If you like fantasy, you've probably already read it, but American Gods by Neil Gaiman. It's not dungeons and dragons fantasy, but a slightly skewed version of reality, in which forgotten gods are left working as taxi drivers and prostitutes.

It's a strange, slightly bittersweet story. The protagonist leaves jail to find his wife has just died in an accident, and with his life now meaningless, ends up embarking on a strange road trip across America, accompanied by a couple of gods and occasionally, the decomposing corpse of his technically dead wife. A war is beginning between new 'gods' that people create (technology, media) and all the gods that people have ever created, brought to America, assimilated into the culture and then lost faith in.

It's very interestingly written- despite the themes, the settings are ordinary places in America, and the gods are very ordinary people reduced to driving taxis or walking the streets. Besides the main character's story, there's little flashbacks here and there which show the origins of some of those gods, and how they were brought to America by immigrants, forgotten about and left to lose their power. And although it's quite a sombre, depressing book, there's also some wonderfully subtle humour in there (such as the talking raven's answer when asked to quote 'Nevermore'). It's not one of the best novels of all time and it's not perfect, but it's an interesting story that's told very well. I recommend it to most people.

Senior Member pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes has a reputation beyond repute pfftlecakes's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2008 02:44 PM
    Threads

If you can find a copy of it (good luck), I'm inclined to suggest 'Jim Morrison's Adventures in the Afterlife' by author Mick Farren. He's mostly a science fiction writer as I understand it (I actually haven't read any of his scifi books at this point) and I believe him to be an extremely talented writer.

The whole book is very insightful and has an incredible outlook on what the great beyond could be. This book's afterlife is anything but cliche` (save for Aimee McPherson's) and will definately make you think about the possibilites of what death holds. It has incredible characters in it, many of which you might be familiar with, action and adventure, hilarious comedy (watch out for Moses!) and some of the most dasterdly villans I can think of. You've already mentioned you're 'of age' (well, obviously), so I just won't mention some of the other.. interesting aspects of the book.

You'll just have to read it. <3
    Last edited by pfftlecakes; 12-03-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Image (c) A.Starr. Collaboration with J.N. 2006

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Capernicus: When you say Sarah Waters, it makes me want to think of Puritans. However, I'm going to assume that THAT isn't what you meant, and you're simply referring to the author of the books? Oh, dear, I don't want to be stereotypical in asking you this, but do you know any [i]good[i] books that incorporate gay relationships? I love those. It's the main reason I even started reading Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series in the first place.
    Yes, Sarah Waters is my favorite (right now) writter of lesbian love stories. Her characters are so real to me, very easy to emphathize with them. Anything written by her I highly recommend. Fingersmith, Tipping the Velvet, and Affiinity. I just finished Fingersmith and I must say I LOVED it. And I love Sarah Waters. Very rarely do I ever like an author, but I love this one.

The reason the name Sarah Waters reminds you of puritans my be because her stories take place in Elizabethen times.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

From newest to oldest:

Capernicus: You know, that's the time I belong in. And thanks. It's too often I'm left lonely for a little female company. =/ The books will either aggravate my heart, or comfort it. Either or, I'll still be pleased. =)

QuinzeValentine: This sounds extremely intriguing. I'm very interested in death, so I'll have to dig around for it. I wonder if I'll be able to buy a used copy somewhere. =/ It's like trying to find a cheap print of Lion and Blue.

Hyperaesthesia: No, I've never even heard of that book. It sounds slightly bizarre, which would be completely in tune with me. It also sounds ridiculously funny. Sorry for such a shoddy reply, but I'm extremely exhausted from work.

silly_uchiha: Thanks for you recommendation. That. Sounds. Hilarious. Honestly, if I ever want to pee my pants laughing...

Which sounds like fun.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate this. =)

Member dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar is a glorious beacon of light dreamStar's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2007 06:08 AM
    sumwhere in the universe, in a galaxy far far away... ok, not so much
    Threads

hmm... two which i wudve recommended(eragon and otori caln) already dere. btw, wat happns in da third book of otori? hvnt read it (yet).
    evr read The Seer and the Sword (Victoria Hanley)? it's pretty good
    Dream like you live forever, Live like you die today.

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.

The Only Dojima Dragon Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan is infamous around these parts Kazuma-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2007 08:58 AM
    Threads

depending on what ype yopu like?

manga: get backers, princess ai and fruits basket

fantasy books: dragon lance conicals (it's kinda ld so you might have to so a lo of looking for it!)

horror: any steven king books
    Are you a fan?:
    Fan of:

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

A Wrinkle in Time and all the books that follow, by Madelein L'Engle.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Closed Thread

Thread Information