AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a book to me.

Hybrid View

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Recommend a book to me.

I'm looking for new things to read, and it seems like I've read everything I'd ever be interested. Realizing that this can't possibly be the case, I've come to enlist the help of the quiet, bookworm sub-group of AF.

I'm not looking for a list of books, and I'm not looking for a quick reply; if you can adhere to my two very simple requests, please reply and help me out with any suggestion you can. Please explain to me why you enjoyed the book, and what kind of influence it's had over you. Add any little quirks or details contained in said book to help with your description.

Thanks, everyone.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Owned by LoliDoll Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno has a reputation beyond repute Atara Inferno's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2009 07:57 AM
    Threads

Hello, Fieeery <333
    Well, you might like 'Kensuke's Kingdom' by Michael Morpugo.
    The story is about a boy, his dog and his parents went to travel around the world and they stopped to Australia to see their grandparents. The boy is also names Michael. He and his dog were sleeping on the boat and it drifted away to some unknown island. He though nobody lives in there, until he meets Kensuke, the only Japanese survivor who was missing long time since the war in Nagawsaki (sp, it's somewhere in Japan) alone in the island with animals to look after.
    Meh, I could go on forever but it'll be like I'm telling you the story. Anyways, this story is really good, emotional, touching and it sounded as if it happened in real life. And if you get to the part that said, 'Killer Man Has Come', you'll be in tears, like me. It's really really sad
    ---

---
    Awesome set made by ~Wonderwice~!
    <3
    [ Ruler of Rose ; Skyla. ]

~[ R.I.P ]~
    Rebecca Medford-Edwards
    25 August 1992 - 23 November 2007
    Lesley-Jo Smith
    3rd March 1989 - 17th February 2008

Member tenshi_kaitou_kirei will become famous soon enough tenshi_kaitou_kirei's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 09:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skyla View Post
    Hello, Fieeery <333
    Well, you might like 'Kensuke's Kingdom' by Michael Morpugo.
    The story is about a boy, his dog and his parents went to travel around the world and they stopped to Australia to see their grandparents. The boy is also names Michael. He and his dog were sleeping on the boat and it drifted away to some unknown island. He though nobody lives in there, until he meets Kensuke, the only Japanese survivor who was missing long time since the war in Nagawsaki (sp, it's somewhere in Japan) alone in the island with animals to look after.
    Meh, I could go on forever but it'll be like I'm telling you the story. Anyways, this story is really good, emotional, touching and it sounded as if it happened in real life. And if you get to the part that said, 'Killer Man Has Come', you'll be in tears, like me. It's really really sad
    I started that one for a book report but when he got to the island it turned into a boring man-against-nature thing, i didnt like it...
    Some lessons, if to be truly learnt, must be taught by sorrow
    How long can you fight the darkness before you find it in yourself?
    Sometimes we see more clearly in darkness than in the light of day
    To embrace the darkness is to discover your inner light

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As the forum's official Nietzsche junkie I'll have to recommend Nietzsche (never saw that one coming, did you?)

It is by no means easy to wrap your head around his texts. They're translated from 19th century German, and additionally some of his texts (especially Zarathustra) aspire to be poetry as well.

And his philosophies can also be a bit hard to swallow, since he was an outspoken adversary of religion and morality.

Thus spake Zarathustra
    The Antichrist

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

What kind of books do you read? I know you probably have different interest as myself but hopefully I can think of a book suggestion.

Alakina Paysinger
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-06-2017 02:05 PM
    Threads

I very highly reccomend the Tales of the Otori series by Lein Hearn.

The series is very influential for me as it is the series of books that got me into reading right after I left High School. Since in High School you're forced to read often awful books it injected the joy back into reading for me.

The series tells the two stories of Takeo and Kaede, two very different young people in a fantasy version of Japan. The writing style is so beautifully written, almost like water flowing down the stream. It is very light yet somehow amazingly effective.

The three books of the original trilogy are 'Across the Nightingale Floor', 'Grass for His Pillow' and 'Brilliance of the Moon'. Very recently the fourth book, which serves as the conclusion for the series, 'The Harsh Cry of the Heron' came out. And is probally the absolute best story of the series.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken is a jewel in the rough royal_ken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2008 05:40 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

It's quite a popular book so you may have already read it, but "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes is a good book. It's written in a diary form and it's about a man with a very low IQ who decides to go through surgery to become smart. You can see how he develops as a person as you read through the end. It's quite hard to read what he's writing in the beginning because of the spelling and grammar mistakes hehe

The Curious Wanderer Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru has a reputation beyond repute Kitanoru's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2010 01:05 AM
    Threads

Well, if it manga that you are looking for maybe look at some of CLAMP's series.
    Such as Tsubasa Chronicles, and Chobits for examples.

[An amazing set by KP4]

Ooo a Fan Button! =P

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

"Mirror Mirror" by Gregory Maguire (of "Wicked" fame)

The first thing that captured my attention about Maguire is his writing style. His writing is artful, direct, and sometimes heartbreakingly beautiful. Thus far I think "Mirror Mirror" is the finest example of this. His objective is not the setting, or the characters, I felt, but the words themselves.

The story is of a retelling of Snow White, but unlike any I have ever come across. There is no singing and dancing, no tender-hearted dwarves. There is a little, wide-eyed girl and her father who fall into the clutches of Lucrezia and Cesare Borgia is the worst possible way. Madness abounds, innocence is lost, and the world always seems to grow darker.

It's difficult for me to express just how touched I was by this book. Usually my favorite works are favorites due to strong characters. That was not the case here. Sometimes I felt like each character was placed in a greater symbolic statement, not always easily perceived.

Maguire said he felt influenced by September 11th in his writing for this book. He was about to begin in 2001 right before it happened. For a while afterwards, he felt he could not write at all. Finally, he produced these lines:

"I am a girl who did no wrong.
    I walked this side of Jesus when I could.
    I kept an angel in my apron pocket.
    I do not think it did me any good."

The tone set there is the one that coarsed through the book...a sense of hopelessness that makes your heart bleed for the fate of the characters.

I don't know what sort of books you like to read, but I suggest this book each and every time someone asks for recommendations. In one way or another, it has haunted almost everyone who has read it.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Those are comics, not books. They are entirely not the same thing.

I suggest picking up xEvasionx, this book completely changed my life.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
    Those are comics, not books. They are entirely not the same thing.
    comˇic [kómmik]
    adj
    1. funny: capable of inducing amusement, smiles or laughter
    2. theater relating to comedy: relating to, characteristic of, or appearing in comedy
    a great comic routine

n (plural comˇics)
    1. performing arts comedian: a comedian or comedienne
    worked as a nightclub comic

2. U.K. Australia New Zealand publishing Same as comic book

or comˇics, npl
    comic strip section: the part of a newspaper that consists of comic strips

[Late 16th century. Via Latin < Greek kōmikos < kōmos "revel"]
    Encarta Ž World English Dictionary Š & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Victa!

Alakina Paysinger
    I can only post one day a week. ...Phooey.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Fierce, look in to the books by Orson Scot Card, that are apart of the Ender's Game series. They are seriously some of the best books I've ever read in my life. If I have to send my collection to you, I shall. The books make you think, and even laugh to yourself a little bit. They are science fiction books yes, but with undertones that more point to current situations, and even possible future ones. Keep in mind that the first book "Ender's Game" was published in 1985, but even today, it is very realistically futuristic.

Senior Member Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino is infamous around these parts Yamanaka_Ino's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2008 03:33 AM
    Threads

Fiery, I recommend the Redwall series by Brian Jacques. It's about an abbey, and in every book there's fights, riddles and adventures. Set in the middle ages, I think it's a good series for action and puzzle people. Fantasy, animals.

FAMILY:
    Tetsanosuke's pet wolf
    Big Sister: Beautiful-Lie

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

1984 by Orwell if you haven't already read it.

Shaking Hands with the Devil isnt that bad if you are interested in real world events

Is Grimbo Scythe Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe has a reputation beyond repute Grim Scythe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
    Fierce, look in to the books by Orson Scot Card, that are apart of the Ender's Game series. They are seriously some of the best books I've ever read in my life. If I have to send my collection to you, I shall. The books make you think, and even laugh to yourself a little bit. They are science fiction books yes, but with undertones that more point to current situations, and even possible future ones. Keep in mind that the first book "Ender's Game" was published in 1985, but even today, it is very realistically futuristic.
    i agree with him he has put in anything i wouldve and more for a recommendation if that helps give you my opinion

and i recommend Eragon and Eldest
    both i liked very much
    even though the first starts slowly to build the story a bit it worked out beautifully
    its more of a coming to age story
    and from a perspective different than mine so i didn't always agree with the choices
    this i think helped emerse me in the story more than anything else
    (im not sure if the third is out yet, still looking)
    THUG LIFE
    _(\_/)
    _(XX)
    (>_)>stupid bunny
    avatar by the uber talented Nespa

grim:

Unrelenting; rigid.Uninviting or unnerving in aspect; forbidding sinister.

Semper Fidelis

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Right now, I'm reading Freakonomics. It's a fairly down to earth book about how common knowledge is the devil. For example, he does a good job explaining how the 40&#37; drop in crime in the 90's is in part due to the legalization of abortions. And how the money a candidate receives in political campaigns does almost nothing to the election results. And states that if you have kids, a gun in the house, and a swimming pool, your child is 100 times more likely to drown in the pool then shoot himself. Good stuff.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna has a reputation beyond repute MasterLuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2008 06:30 PM
    Threads

I suggest the book series His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. The trilogy is awesome and very suspenseful. I loved the first one so much it got me addicted. I literally couldn't put it down because it was as addicting as the Harry Potter series.

I'ma eat j00! Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock has a reputation beyond repute Janus Silverlock's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-18-2008 02:37 AM
    Wouldn't you like to know? You know you love me. <3
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by lunarkitsune14 View Post
    I suggest the book series His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. The trilogy is awesome and very suspenseful. I loved the first one so much it got me addicted. I literally couldn't put it down because it was as addicting as the Harry Potter series.

EEEEE!!! I LOVE YOU!

That is exactly what I was going to suggest! Those are my favorite books in the world, I'm just reading them the whole way through again for like, the 4th or 5th time! XD I love them sooo much! ^_____^

Banned Forum / Chat Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder is infamous around these parts Takashi MoonBlade Wielder's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2006 12:31 AM
    Threads

Books? Hah, what are these books you speak of?

Was Sanctuary Alchemist Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet has a reputation beyond repute Bittersweet's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-18-2010 09:47 AM
    Threads

I really like the book series Warriors and the sequel to that Warriors: The New Prophecy. It's about cats that live in the wild and hunt, and do all kinds of stuff, have problems of their own, and the battle the rival clans of cats in the forest.

Yaoi Extremist sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo has a reputation beyond repute sasunarubishoujo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2007 09:11 PM
    In a magical place where yaoi reigns supreme
    Threads

I recomend The Lost Years of Melin epic by T.A. Barron: it's about Merlin when he was young and his journey on how he became wizard. There's also the sequel series called The Great Tree of Avalon which i sugest(sp?) afterwords.

I also recomend the books by David Clement Davies, The Sight and The Firebringer (and no they are not seqels or a series but i do want to say that you should read The Firebringer first because it refers back it in The Sight) The Firebringer's about Rannoch a red deer and how he is supposed to save the Lera(animals) from a force that could destoy them all. He uses a special power within him to defeat an army and save everyone. The Sight is pretty much the same except with wolves and its a lot sadder and i personally like it better. ^^
    Made by Fast as Fire
    I <3 You!

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

In order from newest to oldest:

Sanctuary: Thanks for your recommendation. As I like cats, I'll look into this. =)

Takashi MoonBlade Wielder: I don't appreciate your disregard of my requests. Please take your easy +1 and come back to my thread when you have information for me.

Janus and lunarkitsune14: Thank you for your interest! However, I've already read His Dark Materials, and enjoyed them very much. If you have any other recommendations along this line, I'd appreciate being informed of them. =)

Manhattan: Thanks. =) And god, does that sound like it'll make me laugh. However, don't think that I'll only pick it up for its humor. I'll probably become dismayed over the idiocy of what one could call the 'general' population. How'd you know I'd be up for that?

Sagat: 1984 is a fantastic book. Thank you for your recommendation. I'll make sure to pick up the other one you suggested. As much as I like being swept up in a good fantasy... Well, I do live here, so I guess I should read political satire/a good eye opening book. Thank you. Honestly, I'm appreciating our differences in interests.

Yamanaka: I read the Redwall series about... --Counts.-- 7 years ago. It was entertaining! Got anything else by Jacques I should read? =)

Kishiro: You sound like I'd be offended at your mention of science fiction. >3 You know I have to tease you just a little, dear. I'll make sure to look for it. Honestly, you all, I'm writing every one of these suggestions down.

Ai: I'm suprised to see you responded to this, honestly. Not because I think you don't read. Actually, I don't think I have a good reason for it. Anyway, since I'm actually very interested in what you'd consider a life changing book, I'll definitely look for it.

Reiako: Darling, I very much appreciate your depth of description. And, be assured, I read the entire thing. You're right, it sounds very moving. And when you typed "Wicked," were you referring to the author of the play? I want to think I understand that bit, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I enjoyed that one, and if it's anything like that, I'll surely give it a look. Anyone who took the time to express such interest and passion concerning a certain text deserves the respect of the recipient, and honest efforts from them to reciprocate.

Viper Soul: I'm not much a manga fan, but maybe it's time I open my mind a crack to it. Ne?

royal_ken: I've heard a lot of good things about that book. I'm not really the sentimental type, so I'm not quite sure if it'll be something that I'd be likely to read. I tried reading a teenager's equivalent to that book at some point in my life, and couldn't finish it. However, out of respect for your time and your opinion, I'll still look into it. Perhaps I'm being a bit hasty. Thank you. =)

SGI: Joy in reading? What a foreign concept! >3 If it put joy back in reading after being pounded by mind numbing material, then I'll certainly search for it. Plus, I love series. Thanks for the recommendation. =)

Alice Lost: Thank you for trying to concider my personality when making your request, but darling, you could've suggested anything you wanted. It was supposed to be a reflection of the type of person you were, and what was enjoyable and influetial to you. But, since you asked, I'll honor your questions by answering. The books that occupy living space in my room include Classical Literature, German Literature, and Fantasy Novels. I'm not much for Modern Lit, but I do give it a try if something intriguing crosses paths with me.

Dieselmannen: Darling, I think you and I could be pretty good buddies. I'm a regular German zealot, and if it was originally written in German, I've at least expressed immense interest in it. I own a copy of Zarathustra, Will to Power, other works I can't remember right this instant, and plenty of published essays concerning Nietzsche's works, life, and... peculiar habits. I even have a Nietzsche comic book type book. It's a short biography of his life. I also love Peter Bichsel, Franz Kafka, ETA Hoffmann, Hesse... and others, but now I'm getting myself worked up, and that wasn't the point. However, thank you, thank you. Hit me up for a conversation sometime, if you'd like.

Skyla: Your recommendation challenges me! It takes a lot to make me cry. So, I take your challenge, and your recommendation! >3

I meant to say (and twice, now) that I'm not a sympathetic person. I've been continually saying 'not sentimental'.
    Last edited by Fiery; 12-03-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Just Some Color Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala has a reputation beyond repute Fabala's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2016 01:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Reiako: Darling, I very much appreciate your depth of description. And, be assured, I read the entire thing. You're right, it sounds very moving. And when you typed "Wicked," were you referring to the author of the play? I want to think I understand that bit, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I enjoyed that one, and if it's anything like that, I'll surely give it a look. Anyone who took the time to express such interest and passion concerning a certain text deserves the respect of the recipient, and honest efforts from them to reciprocate.
    I refer to the author of the book the play was based on, Gregory Maguire ^^

Tameron The Divine Soul dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200 is infamous around these parts dog199200's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2008 01:59 AM
    Threads

Well i haven't read many books and nor do I know what kind of books you like, but I suggest reading the book Eragon. Its is a dragon book and if you don't know already theres a move based off the book coming out soon. Its one of the only books other then school books that I have read and everyone who has read it likes it, so you might to. You should check it out.

Coolest person ever.. flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5 is infamous around these parts flamekid_5's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2006 11:12 PM
    Threads

read deltora quest its my favourite book series the books arnt to long and there very interesting but best of all there is like 15 of them and i have read like 13 and they all rocked!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information