AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Samurai or European Knight

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Samurai

4 80.00%
  • Knight from Europe

1 20.00%
Closed Thread

Thread: Samurais or European Knights?

Member Fmxtremeboi can only hope to improve Fmxtremeboi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2007 07:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Samurais or European Knights?

Personally I'd prefer Samurais rather than European Knights because their light bamboo armor helps them run around the battlefield quickly and they have awesome looking swords, while Knights in Ancient Europe had really heavy armor and weapons which slowed them down. I also read somewhere that a samurai's light bamboo armor is actually stronger than a knight's armor in Europe! What are your guy's opinions?
    (\_/)
    (0.o)
    (><) Copy this bunny on to your signature to help in his quest for world domination if you dont you will die slowly...

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=52347

You made the same thread already. What are you retarded or something

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

I don't feel like repeating myself, so I'll just do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself
    Where did you heard that Samurai's armor is stronger then the European knights armor, that is false. European armor is heavy, but it is specially made so that a person has close to the same freedom of movement that they would have without it. The armor itself is strong enough to repel sword blows for the most part. By the time the samurai would strike the armor, he would be deflected and open for a counter-attack.

The samurai sword is no where near as durable as the standard european longsword. The longsword has the ability to be bent to an extreme angle without breaking, and still be able to go back to its original form. The samurai sword would break like a twig under that kind of pressure. They are, after all, meant for different kind of fighting styles. The Katana was meant to be great for slicing, while the longsword is more effective at stabing.

At the time that any of the weaponry mattered, both of the Japanese and the Europeans were trained in the arts of battle at a young age, so skill level when using the equipment is not something to be debated upon. But because the knights are better equiped for the job, they would triumph against the samurai.

EDIT: Where did you hear that the european longsword is heavier? If anything, it's LIGHTER then the Katana. You must be thinking about the Claymore, which was a seldom used sword as it was.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat
    http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=52347

You made the same thread already. What are you retarded or something
    LOL pwned. Um, I mean...hey, thats not nice. But seriously, making duplicate threads is a bad thing. And yes, even though there is a pole on this one it is still a duplicate.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Goddess of Twilight Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 11:35 AM
    Threads

I just like samurai more so I choose samurai. With enough training I believe samurai could've become as strong as a European Knight. I betcha Kenshin was. even though that's an anime and not real life.
    Sig and Avy by KuroTan.
    Are you a fan? Pm me if you want a custom sig from me.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of the Twilight
    I just like samurai more so I choose samurai. With enough training I believe samurai could've become as strong as a European Knight. I betcha Kenshin was. even though that's an anime and not real life.
    That's foolish to say that the Samurai could become as strong as the Knight. No matter how much stronger he gets, the fact that the European armor has the capability of deflecting sword blows does not change.

EDIT: This is a thread discussing who would win in a fight, not who's cooler. This is becoming more of a popularity thread then a vs. thread.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Closed Thread

Thread Information