AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Samurai VS European Knights

Member Fmxtremeboi can only hope to improve Fmxtremeboi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2007 07:42 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Samurai VS European Knights

I personally think samurais are better than European knights because their light armor lets them move around the battlefield quickly and kill their foes while Europeans have heavy armor and weapons which slow them down. I also read somewhere that a samurai's light armor is actually stronger than a knight's heavy armor from Europe!
    (\_/)
    (0.o)
    (><) Copy this bunny on to your signature to help in his quest for world domination if you dont you will die slowly...

Goddess of Twilight Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Aura of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2008 11:35 AM
    Threads

I think they both have their advantages but a samurai is better in my opinion.
    Sig and Avy by KuroTan.
    Are you a fan? Pm me if you want a custom sig from me.

Senior Member Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka has a reputation beyond repute Chewbaka's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Mario Boo Bleach Kon Laptop
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2015 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Samurais for me. They have katanas which are cooler than bows and whatnot.

Set done by MissBunBun ^_^

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Fmxtremeboi
    I personally think samurais are better than European knights because their light armor lets them move around the battlefield quickly and kill their foes
    while Europeans have heavy armor and weapons which slow them down. I also read somewhere that a samurai's light armor is actually stronger than a knight's heavy armor from Europe!
    Samurai armor is primarily made of leather. It is in no way more durable than mail.
    Also, The fact that knights move slower is a myth. The armor isn't THAT heavy. Remember, Knights wear their armor more than civilian clothing. After a bit of training they would get used to the weight of the armor and move around in it as if it were a second skin.
    Same applies to weapons.

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Where did you heard that Samurai's armor is stronger then the European knights armor, that is false. European armor is heavy, but it is specially made so that a person has close to the same freedom of movement that they would have without it. The armor itself is strong enough to repel sword blows for the most part. By the time the samurai would strike the armor, he would be deflected and open for a counter-attack.

The samurai sword is no where near as durable as the standard european longsword. The longsword has the ability to be bent to an extreme angle without breaking, and still be able to go back to its original form. The samurai sword would break like a twig under that kind of pressure. They are, after all, meant for different kind of fighting styles. The Katana was meant to be great for slicing, while the longsword is more effective at stabing.

At the time that any of the weaponry mattered, both of the Japanese and the Europeans were trained in the arts of battle at a young age, so skill level when using the equipment is not something to be debated upon. But because the knights are better equiped for the job, they would triumph against the samurai.

EDIT: Where did you hear that the european longsword is heavier? If anything, it's LIGHTER then the Katana. You must be thinking about the Claymore, which was a seldom used sword as it was.
    Last edited by Ichiro Matsuchani; 11-29-2006 at 05:17 PM.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

Once again logic prevails. I guess the question is based more on personal prefference/style than it is on combat ability or effectiveness. Being that this is an anime forum I had expected that most of the replies would have been along the lines of "samurais are kewl" or "a samurai would totaly beat a knight, just look at Kenshin". But I forgot that we have a few members who do research and think before they post. Kudos to you.
    Personally, if I see an army of 200 samurai on a level battlefield with 200 knights I'm gonna put my money on the knights. I know that probably violates some unwritten (or possibly written) rule when it comes to anime forums, but thats just how it is. Especially if horses are involved.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Yeah...Unless one of those Samurai is Samurai Jack. Lets see KENSHIN defeat an entire army of giant robot beatles alone.

I miss that show =/

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool-
    Yeah...Unless one of those Samurai is Samurai Jack. Lets see KENSHIN defeat an entire army of giant robot beatles alone.

I miss that show =/
    OMG...I never thought of that!!! Ok, can I change my answer? Samurais all the way dude!!!

But that was a great show byt they kept moving the damned time slot and killed it....bastards.

He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

God of Jello Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling has a reputation beyond repute Rageling's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-18-2007 11:30 PM
    It's on a planet, now guess where I live!
    Threads

Samurai takes a swing at a knight with his sword. If he's lucky he will hit through the armor and make contact with the mail hard enough to break through it and kill or injure the knight. Knight swing his sword, a bit heavier sword at somewhat lighter armor. One hit and it's almost assuredly all over. I feel as though I've betrayed my inner geek but knights win.
    Show your work.

8(2x+3x-15)+2=7+19
    8(5x-15)+2=26
    40x - 120 + 2 = 26
    40x - 118 = 26
    40x=I saw what you did with that thirteen year old.

A++

Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by -Deadpool-

I miss that show =/
    Omg, no question that Samurai jack would win, since there's nothing that sword can't cut through.

I wish they still played that show...
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

Senior Member Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2008 01:47 PM
    Threads

Samurai! I never liked the knights

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I love Samurai Jack too XD His huge pet thing was annoying though.

Logically, knights > samurai.

But, let me tell you a story: when Magellan came to our shores, a town that opposed him defeated his little army. The army was very capable of fighting and were battle ready. All they had to fight was a group of tribesmen who had no proper armor. How were they defeated? By logic. The tribesmen aimed for the joint, which easily left Magellan's men unable to fight. They were able to kill Magellan too (but I think that's because he's not a soldier/warrior like his men).

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Senior Member Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito is a name known to all Undrave Limito's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-26-2007 07:57 AM
    Threads

I thought european swords were bad at cutting and were either for stabbing or just crushing... which is why their armor was heavier.

I still consider the katana a superior weapon, even if it took far more training to make it lethal than a longsword.

I do think though that Samurai warriors developped their skills earlier in history than knights.... so it would depend at which time in history they would meet. At the peek of their skill and technology level it would be hard for me to really pick a winner. Oh and knowledge of the terrain could also make a difference.

Off course the two fighting styles are very different... a knight bashes in and blocks attacks where as the Samurai fighting styles was all in feint and quick attacks to precise points of the body...

I think a better comparaison would be a Knight versus...say a Chinese warrior (with a Guan Dao!) and a Samurai vs a rapier wielding musketeer kind of character. Now those would be fun fights.

Off course if we're talking bow and arrows... Japanese longbow + Kyudo FTW!

And just for the heck of it...

Demon Eyes Kyo kills all the knights and King Arthur! AH!
    Last edited by Undrave Limito; 11-30-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    Threads

Keep in mind that the metals of Japan have been, and still are in general, extremely low in quality. Thus simply the superior quality of most European metals would break and sunder your beloved Katanas in the first place.

Mails and/or plate would be more than sufficient, I can imagine.

And btw, Crossbow zi win over Kyodo.
    Last edited by Zedekiah; 11-30-2006 at 08:33 AM.

The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What Noki said, besides, it really isn't a fair comparison. You'd have to compare them with the soldiers of the SPQR or something (which by the way would kick their asses.)

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

Oh yeah, Japanese metal is pretty bad because of the sulfur content or something? I think they made a way around that though, by creating two blades then putting them together?

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Lawful Good~*I <3<3<3~Torm*~ Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah has a reputation beyond repute Zedekiah's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They tried their best to purify and homogenize the metal, but even after their endless processes of thousand leaf thin layers of different metals to even out the strength is hardly any better than giving a cripple a walking stick and send him to run against an athlete. It also ended up making the blade awfully weak to frost and cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkatex
    It seams to me that you have talked during this hole thread of so-called 'European' knights and armor.
    Don't you think you should precise what do you understand under 'European'?
    Europe is first of all a continent, a hetero-gen continent.
    It is logical that many things are different in different countries.
    Since the knights and armor you speak about are from the Medieval Era, they will be logically different.

Long live the globalisation in the Medieval Age!!!
    And still different enough from Samurais to be seen as similar the other way around. Thank you for making an already pointless thread more complicated.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Xmas Tree Lamborghini Grapes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2011 03:21 AM
    Threads

Default Difference-it's all about the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Fmxtremeboi
    I personally think samurais are better than European knights because their light armor lets them move around the battlefield quickly and kill their foes while Europeans have heavy armor and weapons which slow them down. I also read somewhere that a samurai's light armor is actually stronger than a knight's heavy armor from Europe!
    It seams to me that you have talked during this hole thread of so-called 'European' knights and armor.
    Since the knights and armor you speak about are from the Medieval Era, they will be logically different.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, actually, medieval Europe was pretty homogenous. The church pretty much ruled Europe with an iron fist. Naturally there were variances, but they were pretty small.

If he doesn't specify what century the samurais were from, it makes no sense to specify what country the knights were from.

boopaloop! None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above has a reputation beyond repute None of the above's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    Well, actually, medieval Europe was pretty homogenous. The church pretty much ruled Europe with an iron fist. Naturally there were variances, but they were pretty small.

If he doesn't specify what century the samurais were from, it makes no sense to specify what country the knights were from.

Sorry to say, but Europe wasn't so homogenous according to some historians. Just to mention in the late Middle Ages the battle of Eastern Europe with some help ( but not really much) from the western states against the expansonistic tendencies of The Ottoman Empire.
    I'm also aware of some battles lost because of a wrong tactical judgement regarding the equipment (which were so different) of the knights, nobles or simple 'troopsoldiers'.
    Time in which some western states had sufficient time to develop without fighting such a great empire like (at that time) the Ottomans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokizaru
    And still different enough from Samurais to be seen as similar the other way around. Thank you for making an already pointless thread more complicated.
    I hope you know that the truth lies in detail.
    Last edited by None of the above; 11-30-2006 at 09:24 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It looks like Nokizaru quoted you before you could even post your thought. What form of magic be this?!?! I just assumed that the question would be refering to a matchup of the two when they were both at their height of technology and ability. Otherwise what would be the pooint.

It seems that a lot of people take anime a little too seriously as a point of historical reference lol. Sure they were trained and had skill, but Kenshin, Keyo and even the great Samurai Jack are all fictional characters. I highly doubt that they roamed the land slaying demons and using tequniques that left trails of light everywhere they swung. And as for moving at speeds that the eyes cant follow...no. These were real flesh and blood people with limitations just like you.

He pwns your souls!!!

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I hope you know that the truth lies in detail.
    And what constructive truth have you brought to light by pointing out that seemingly unimportant statement? That Knights differ from one country to another? Gee willy, who would've guessed?
    Do they differ so much that they can't be seen as Knights all the same? If that's your opinion, point out that rather than saying there's somet miniscule difference between the European countries when it comes to their Knights in that age instead ^^

The Lich Sith Lord Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles has a reputation beyond repute Overlord Darth Fluffles's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2010 01:20 PM
    Threads

In my opinion i like then both equally, each again have their over advantages and disadvatages on a battlefeild. Some samurai can easily kill Knights, while some knights can easily kill samurai, To me its more on a matter of skill level in combat.
    A low experianced samurai who has not witnessed/participated in many battles could NOT kill a well experianced knight, same goes for the knight. But still both can have extremly cool looks so my side is, both PWN! yay smilies

Gil
    Stressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nokizaru
    And what constructive truth have you brought to light by pointing out that seemingly unimportant statement? That Knights differ from one country to another? Gee willy, who would've guessed?
    Do they differ so much that they can't be seen as Knights all the same? If that's your opinion, point out that rather than saying there's somet miniscule difference between the European countries when it comes to their Knights in that age instead ^^
    I wanted just to point out:
    -equipment changes during time
    -you can't compare so easily the samurai with the knights
    -one knight is not equal to another one, as I suppose it is the same case for the samurais
    -geographical and historical coordinates matter/must be named

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sorry to say, but Europe wasn't so homogenous according to some historians. Just to mention in the late Middle Ages the battle of Eastern Europe with some help ( but not really much) from the western states against the expansonistic tendencies of The Ottoman Empire.
    I'm also aware of some battles lost because of a wrong tactical judgement regarding the equipment (which were so different) of the knights, nobles or simple 'troopsoldiers'.
    Time in which some western states had sufficient time to develop without fighting such a great empire like (at that time) the Ottomans.
    Still doesn't matter, since the converse applies to Samurais. A 6th century samurai is hardly comparable to a 15th century samurai.

It's a ridiculous subject. It's like asking yourself whether a caveman or a professional boxer would win in a 1-on-1 fistfight.

Closed Thread

Thread Information