AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: December contest Qs

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default December contest Qs

Hey all! I bet you are all wondering why I am having a contest info thread so early. As many of you oldsters to the forum know, we have a December holiday contest every year. Since this is our 4th (maybe) December contest, I want to make it big! So, I want to make sure you all have time to do your walls. Besides, I know how busy the holidays can be!

My main question is: When would you like me to post up the contest details? I will be in the US from Dec 1-12 and will probably not have access to the internet. Should I post the info up before or after my trip?

Another reason that this is going to be big is because this may be the last contest hosted on the AW.com forum. After the december holidays contest, we may be merging the AW and AG contests to have a central Anime Forum contest. There are many reasons for this but the main one is so that we can decrease competition between the contests and get everyone working together. wee!

But yes, there WILL be a december contest! I have a guest judge and everything. Qs, As, and random inquiries can be posted here. Thanks!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

If you want to PM me or Kaitou or anyone the info, we can put it up at a specific time in your absence. So say you get it drawn up, we can hold it til the first then post it for you ^^ if that will make things eaiser.
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Bite Me! Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2009 01:13 AM
    Threads

It might be easier to post it before your trip and then have a two week period, that way when you get back you can also partisipate. o.0

And whats this about joining the AW and AG? Would it be wrong of me to ask for further details? ^^; (ya...I'm confused)

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

AW.com has a forum on AF.com. Not really sure about the details to why, but it does. AW and AF are run by different people. A few years ago, AnimeGalleries was made by the people that own AF.com. Recently, AG has been running wallpaper contests. These contests tend to run at about the same time as the AW contests. Since the owner of AW doesn't really seem to care about the contests (I'm STILL trying to get them on the site...), and AG does, we've agreed to combine the contests. Not sure who will specifically be running the contests, but it will probably be a team or on a rotation system instead of just little ol' me. (maybe I can still keep pooky's choice. muahaha!)

The benefits:
    - centralized location! More publicity = more activity
    - wallpapers posted on AnimeGalleries
    - larger community (right now it is kind of split, with a couple people doing both)
    - prizes? (It's happened in the past! I know, I know... my banners are very sexy, but corporate sponsored prizes is never a bad thing!)
    - more of a community feeling

AF and AG are linked, so you do not need to sign up! You just use the same login info.

As it stands now, the contests will be hosted on AG (and thus, on AF as a whole) starting next year.
    Last edited by MistressPookyChan; 11-21-2006 at 06:37 PM.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Bite Me! Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2009 01:13 AM
    Threads

I see. Okay that clears it up a bit.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm glad. If you have any other questions, you can always ask or PM me.

Pink is the new Pooky

Member yaoi-lover-miyu is a jewel in the rough yaoi-lover-miyu is a jewel in the rough yaoi-lover-miyu is a jewel in the rough yaoi-lover-miyu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2006 02:04 PM
    Threads

When exactly is the anime contest...?

Closed Thread

Thread Information