AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 275

Thread: The PS3...And so it begins.

  1. #201
    Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    220,207,052.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere within the threads of reality
    Threads
    44
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    the ps3 actualy has had many consoles sent in since launch. you really should check into that.
    after launch, sony was actualy flying small shipments in while the fixed production problems.
    and yes, they are making 2 mil consoles a month. they'll probably continue to do that most of next year until demand dies down a bit.

    once again, this is all gonna come down to the games ya want. are there enough games to make you wanna buy a ps3? because if it's a yes, simply get one.
    for plenty of people it is a yes aswell.

    i think one of sony's biggest selling points is gonna be a eyetoy card game. we all have seen how popular card games get ^^; now there's gonna be a ps3 one where ya put cards infront of the eyetoy and monsters pop out of it on screen. you can poke the monsters and all to get them to do stuff.
    if sony really wants to make a killing, they should mix that with something like yu-gi-oh. just imagine the sales of that game ^^;
    also sony's face identification system is really cool and i think is being used for the eyedentify game.
    really glad to see the eye toy still going strong in the next gen.

    a guitar hero PS3 is something i'm looking forward to aswell. mostly because i'm expecting to be able to download more songs with sony's network ^^

    i havent confimed it yet, but i heard in the F1 game on ps3, the psp can be used as a rear vision mirror. lol, cool if true. sure they could just put the rear vision mirror on the screen itself, but i just wanna see if the psp and ps3 can connect on that level ^^

    o, the 360 did sell about 36,000 consoles in japan one week. that being when blue dragon was released. japanese really do love their rpg's.
    but after that it dropped back down again.
    meanwhile the ps3 sell's out constantly there along with the wii. the more they ship right now, the more sales they're making.
    Where in the world do you get your facts? I've checked countless magazines, internet sites, and news announcements, all of which say the opposite of what you put. The PS3 has barely even broken the 1,000,000 sales count, if even. You know why? SUPPLY AND DEMAND! No PS3's means no one buying any PS3's. PERIOD.

    Now, about your statement between the Wii and the PS3, this is word for word from a magazine article.

    "Out of 59 Japanese game producing companies that were polled, these were the results: 63 percent chose the Wii, 32 percent chose the PS3, leaving the 360 with 5 percent. 360 is okay since they have pretty much every American game producer behind them.

    You have your facts wrong about the 2 million PS3's being shipped each month. That's actually the number of PS3's they expect to have shipped by the end of the YEAR. That means many more months of customers going without a PS3.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

    Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

  2. #202
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    And although it may be somewhat a port, it's a game that people would like to have for a handheld. The PSP can successfully do that... and the DS... can, but failed. Same goes with emulators and such... the PSP runs them faster and more smoothly.

    Anyway, my original point was that the PSP does homebrew and custom apps better than the DS.
    These are invalid arguments, as most emulator usage is illegal, but most of all, because no homebrew solution is ever recommended. I mean, I might as well say that the Delorean is the best car in the world, simply because I could install a homebrew time machine on it, to make it do what a car doesn't.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  3. #203
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    you might wanna re-read things.
    what i said was the ps3 has fixed production issues and are now perfectly set up to make 2 mil ps3's a month, with a 2 mil goal to be shipped before the new year. they are on track for that. ask any game store if they're getting ps3's in soon, and they'll tell ya they're getting alot. bestbuy's getting bout 60 each depending on the area.

    and we all know the wii is the fav console right now. its to be expected. but ps3 and wii arnt really rivals when compared to 360 and the ps3.
    nintendo's president even wished sony luck because he knows that most people will have a wii, and then a choice between the other 2.

    to tell who will sell the most wont be known till steady supplies are avaliable world wide, but its clear japan's dislike of the 360 will hurt MS's chances of beating the wii and ps3 in the long run. it wont be impossible, it'll just be hard for them.

    by march they're planning to have 6 mil consoles world wide. the release date is 3rd of march i think so it works out.

    it is good that the 360 is getting more support. but to win japan over, they'll need huge rpg's usualy brought by square-enix or the creators of the tales of series.
    they tried to win nintendo fans with the xbox by buying out Rare, and it worked to a certain point. but now they need rpg's. lots of big name ones. ^^;

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  4. #204
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    and we all know the wii is the fav console right now. its to be expected. but ps3 and wii arnt really rivals when compared to 360 and the ps3.
    nintendo's president even wished sony luck because he knows that most people will have a wii, and then a choice between the other 2.
    Why are you saying that the Wii isn't competing with the PS3, when immediately down below you say that the 360 is competing with the Wii and the PS3? You can't have it both ways. We all know what Nintendo has said about the Wii not directly competing with other consoles. But we also know (at least intelligent people do) that they are all gaming consoles, and are all in competition with each other.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    to tell who will sell the most wont be known till steady supplies are avaliable world wide, but its clear japan's dislike of the 360 will hurt MS's chances of beating the wii and ps3 in the long run. it wont be impossible, it'll just be hard for them.
    Japan won't make or break the the market any more than the US will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    by march they're planning to have 6 mil consoles world wide. the release date is 3rd of march i think so it works out.
    Yeah, they also told us that the PS3 will have 2 HDMI outputs, WiFi as a standard feature, and Bluetooth supporting up to 7 devices.
    I'm in no hurry to trust any numbers Sony claims, much less numbers spouted by you, a fanboy who takes the best numbers from whichever random sites you can find.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    it is good that the 360 is getting more support. but to win japan over, they'll need huge rpg's usualy brought by square-enix or the creators of the tales of series.
    they tried to win nintendo fans with the xbox by buying out Rare, and it worked to a certain point. but now they need rpg's. lots of big name ones. ^^;
    I don't want to even touch the stereotyping you're doing here.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  5. #205
    Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    419,466.04
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh somewhereeeeee
    Age
    23
    Threads
    72
    Posts
    4,340
    Rep Power
    3076

    Default

    And although it may be somewhat a port, it's a game that people would like to have for a handheld.
    Why do I have a hard time believing that? Oh right, because the point of dance dance revolution is to actually "dance" on an interactive step pad. Not break your thumbs on the PSP.

    DS... can, but failed.
    Depends on your preferences. I happen to like the idea of your own step customization and the touch screen interface. However, I'd hunt down neither since, as regex said, it's unlawful.

    Same goes with emulators and such... the PSP runs them faster and more smoothly.
    So the PSP...can port games...already ported to computer emulators. A Port of a port of a port. Not saying It's not efficient...just saying it's pretty run around and unecessary...





    wait a tick...
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me




  6. #206
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    i was just mentioning the wii in the second part, i didnt mean they're competing with the 360 either.
    every poll on the biggest known game sites shows the majority of people getting a console will choose either just one, or the wii and another.

    and if ya dont think japan will make a big impact in the market ya kidding yaself. it'll cut the amount of 360's that could of been sold by millions. MS knows this, that's why more rpg's are being released for 360.

    its fun to call someone a fanboy when they disagree with ya isnt it? :P call me one all ya want, but i'm still gonna get both the wii and ps3, and maby a year or so later a 360. i've mentioned many times before, i buy a console for the games. for the next year the ps3 has the most games i want, and the other features on it just make me want it more.
    besides, you wont believe any facts that go against what you want to happen. kojima says the ps3 can do something the 360 cant, and you take it like a personal attack. sony sells 1 mil and is on track for 2 mil a month (which everyone knows is true from the amount of consoles being sent out now) and ya just decide to deny that with no way of proveing it wrong.
    blu-ray gets proven as better then hd-dvd and it must be a lie ^^;

    nomatter how much you may want it to, the ps3 isnt gonna fail. ya just seem like any other fanboy wishing death on the competition like you'll gain something from it.
    meanwhile i'll go have fun with any console i buy ^^

    what's the point of any of these debates anyway? we havent gotten anywhere with any of it. and i dont think anyone bases they're console choice by what someone online tells them.
    so i'm just gonna save from these debates from now on until sometime next year when all the consoles are well off the starting block and things are clearer and better known.

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  7. #207
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    its fun to call someone a fanboy when they disagree with ya isnt it? :P
    No, it's just the most valid deduction when all of your arguments are based on made up, incorrect, and biased data.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    besides, you wont believe any facts that go against what you want to happen. kojima says the ps3 can do something the 360 cant, and you take it like a personal attack. sony sells 1 mil and is on track for 2 mil a month (which everyone knows is true from the amount of consoles being sent out now) and ya just decide to deny that with no way of proveing it wrong.
    I take any non-truth as something that should be righted. My facts are history, economics, technical details, and the current gaming market. Your "facts" are biased articles and made up numbers which go against what the rest of us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    blu-ray gets proven as better then hd-dvd and it must be a lie ^^;
    Nobody has ever argued that here, unless you're making up arguments. But Betamax was better than VHS. How many Betamax players did you see over the last 15 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    nomatter how much you may want it to, the ps3 isnt gonna fail. ya just seem like any other fanboy wishing death on the competition like you'll gain something from it.
    meanwhile i'll go have fun with any console i buy ^^
    Again, I've only been sticking with history, facts, and the current market to make my analysis. You've simply shown yourself not to understand what any of it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    so i'm just gonna save from these debates from now on until sometime next year when all the consoles are well off the starting block and things are clearer and better known.
    This would be best for everyone. You'd stop digging yourself deeper into the idiot hole, and we wouldn't have to point out all of your mistakes to keep the less informed from being mis-informed.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  8. #208
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    seriously, history? so like the history of the ps2 wining the last gen hands down?
    thats a bit of history you decide to leave out because it dosnt support your cause.

    made up, biased or incorrect? duh, because it goes against what you want to be true :P
    and its better then what you've shown. actualy, you havent shown any recent facts or linked a single thing that shows what things are like currently. stop living in the past and go look at how the market is these days.
    you have raised nothing to suggest the ps3 wont do well, and you've raised nothing that says blu-ray will fail other then you trying to compare it to something long since dead. times change, people learn from mistakes, and technology gets better. blu-ray, is simply better tech in every way.

    this entire topic started bout a shooting in a ps3 line right?
    its not the only console with violence attached.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16225843.htm

    i think that supports the fact people shouldnt make console's such a personal thing. he could of replaced the console, but now he lost something he cant replace.
    just calm down, have some fun with whatever one you wanna get.
    Last edited by Wolfwood; 12-28-2006 at 03:01 AM.

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  9. #209
    Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    418.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fu9
    Age
    28
    Threads
    35
    Posts
    2,912
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regex View Post
    These are invalid arguments, as most emulator usage is illegal, but most of all, because no homebrew solution is ever recommended. I mean, I might as well say that the Delorean is the best car in the world, simply because I could install a homebrew time machine on it, to make it do what a car doesn't.
    So it's now invalid because MOST emulator usage is illegal? Actually that's mostly untrue, it's only illegal if you don't own the system and software; at least for the emulators that I have on my PSP.

    Oh and it's also invalid because homebrew usually isn't RECOMMENDED? Give me a break. It's up to the owner of the PSP whether or not he wants to install homebrew...

    And playing homebrew is what a PSP can do... Playing emulators may not be what a PSP was meant to do but... Scratch that, if/when the PSone emulator comes out that would be false so i won't say it. BUT a handheld vedeogame system is made to play games, and emulators help it do just that. It's not as far apart as a car and a time machine... it's a game system and a game playing program.

    Why do I have a hard time believing that? Oh right, because the point of dance dance revolution is to actually "dance" on an interactive step pad. Not break your thumbs on the PSP.
    Ah... from that statement I can tell you don't play DDR. It's DDR education time.

    See when you reach the level of about 9-10 feet("Hard" difficulty level) it's almost impossible to clear a song on your first try. In fact you need alot of practice for some songs, and you can't really practice on an arcade since when your bar reaches zero, you fail and the song ends. So alot and I mean ALOT of DDR players will practice on either "Dance With Intesity" "Step Mania" or some other DDR emulation program.(Oh and Regex, before you say anything, Konami stated that anyone can use thier DDR dance system as long as it's not for profit, so it's not illegal ^_~) And the PSPrev homebrew is a good practice program. I play it to learn difficult songs and to brush uop on the steps of songs I already know.

    Alright... if you ever see someone playing songs like Max300 or Max Paranoia Survivor, ask them if they passed that song on the first try, or even the first 3 or 4 tries. I can guarentee they didn't. Ask them how they learned, and they will probably say they played it on controller first.

    Depends on your preferences. I happen to like the idea of your own step customization and the touch screen interface. However, I'd hunt down neither since, as regex said, it's unlawful.
    Step customization is optional for PSPrev, but only a tiny handful of people will actually do it since you would need to get the BMP and spend hours just filling in the steps.

    And what Regex said doesn't have anything to do with PSP Rev since... it's not illegal.

    So the PSP...can port games...already ported to computer emulators. A Port of a port of a port. Not saying It's not efficient...just saying it's pretty run around and unecessary..
    Yes, and so can the DS. But the PSP does it better. Which was of course, my original point which in turn was strayed by yourself and Regex, twice now. >_>;;

  10. #210
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    seriously, history? so like the history of the ps2 wining the last gen hands down?
    thats a bit of history you decide to leave out because it dosnt support your cause.
    To the contrary. I'll overlook the "hands down" part, because that's untrue. But here's the part that you would know, had you paid attention to anything I've ever said.
    The PS2 won out in the last generation of console wars. Why is that? Because it's a better system? No. Not even a little. Far as hardware goes, the PS2 had the worst in the generation. The XBox beat it graphically, and the GameCube beat it both in graphics, and overall system.
    It did so well because it was first. When it came out, which system did everyone get? The only new one available. When the XBox and the GameCube came out, people got them too, but which system already had sold the most units, and consequently had the largest customer base for developers? That would be the technically inferior Playstation 2.

    This generation, which system has sold the most units?
    The XBox 360.
    If you were a developer, and you wanted to reach the most customers, naturally, the first thing you do is look to see which system has sold the most.
    The XBox 360.

    If history is any indication, the PS3 coming out a year later will hurt it immensely, just like I was saying a long time ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    made up, biased or incorrect? duh, because it goes against what you want to be true :P
    Goes against known technical fact and history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    and its better then what you've shown. actualy, you havent shown any recent facts or linked a single thing that shows what things are like currently. stop living in the past and go look at how the market is these days.
    History repeats itself. Why do you think we have historians? What do you think market researchers and economists base all their analyses on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    you have raised nothing to suggest the ps3 wont do well, and you've raised nothing that says blu-ray will fail other then you trying to compare it to something long since dead. times change, people learn from mistakes, and technology gets better. blu-ray, is simply better tech in every way.
    You've clearly read nothing at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    So it's now invalid because MOST emulator usage is illegal? Actually that's mostly untrue, it's only illegal if you don't own the system and software; at least for the emulators that I have on my PSP.
    That statement is entirely untrue. Emulators themselves are legal. All commercial games that are emulated are illegal, unless you yourself made the ROM image. This is because you got the ROM from somewhere, where they were distributing it illegally.

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    Oh and it's also invalid because homebrew usually isn't RECOMMENDED? Give me a break. It's up to the owner of the PSP whether or not he wants to install homebrew...

    And playing homebrew is what a PSP can do... Playing emulators may not be what a PSP was meant to do but... Scratch that, if/when the PSone emulator comes out that would be false so i won't say it. BUT a handheld vedeogame system is made to play games, and emulators help it do just that. It's not as far apart as a car and a time machine... it's a game system and a game playing program.
    You completely missed the point. Way to go, public school system, you lose points for reading comprehension.
    It doesn't count because it's not an officially sanctioned use. Like I said, you can't argue that the DeLorean is the best car ever, just because you can install a homebrew time machine on it. This was the same stupid argument people had for the XBox last generation. The biggest selling point for it was not its use as a gaming system, it was its use as a home media center.
    Now you could say that the DeLorean is worth buying because it's easy to make into a time machine, but as a car, it's just not the best.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  11. #211
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    you fail. seriously, the moment you said the gamecube beat the ps3 in graphics and the overall system.
    out of the 3, the gamecube had the worst graphics and ability. the reason the ps2 won was because:
    1. it has a large fan basis
    2. it had a great selection of exclusive games
    and 3. it doubled as a dvd player and that was the big thing then so families would get that so everyone got something out of it and not just the ones who play games.

    the ps3 has all that if you just replace dvd with blu-ray. they're taking a risk, yup, but if it pays off it'll be a major boost, and if it dosnt, it's not gonna change to much. already i've seen blu-ray movies and players in australia with people asking bout it, so with a little marketing i think it'll win this easy.

    dosnt matter if it didnt come out first either. right now at the end of the last war the ps2 is selling more then ever. sony is planning for the long run (that's why they use blu-ray too), and if the history of the ps2 is anything to go on since you love history so much, the ps3 has a promising high selling finish to look forward to.
    still plenty of exclusives being released for the ps2 right now aswell.

    for anyone interested in the ps3, got some good news ^^ some sony magazine's have released info that there is a good chance of a ps3 price drop in 2007 because of some new chip tech or something.
    i'll look for a link to that, and an estimated date. if i had to guess, i'd say before next christmas to push for it as a big selling item around then.

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  12. #212
    Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    418.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fu9
    Age
    28
    Threads
    35
    Posts
    2,912
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Regex View Post
    That statement is entirely untrue. Emulators themselves are legal. All commercial games that are emulated are illegal, unless you yourself made the ROM image. This is because you got the ROM from somewhere, where they were distributing it illegally.
    If you own the game you can use the ROMs legally. Not only if you made the ROM.


    You completely missed the point. Way to go, public school system, you lose points for reading comprehension.
    It doesn't count because it's not an officially sanctioned use. Like I said, you can't argue that the DeLorean is the best car ever, just because you can install a homebrew time machine on it. This was the same stupid argument people had for the XBox last generation. The biggest selling point for it was not its use as a gaming system, it was its use as a home media center.
    Now you could say that the DeLorean is worth buying because it's easy to make into a time machine, but as a car, it's just not the best.

    And you lose points for a very unclear analogy.

    Basically you were arguing about something I wasn't arguing about. I was never arguing about which handheld was the best. I was stating that the PSP can run homebrew better than the DS.

    I'm comparing two DeLoreans and stating which one has the better homebrew time machine... =P

  13. #213
    BD's faithful stalker o.0 Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX's Avatar
    Gil
    8,953.90
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2008 06:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I do not exist.
    Age
    21
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    ^Unfortunately, that's bull. Roms aren't legal, period. *Yes, I've read the "24 hours" and such like that*
    I'm back [YET AGAIN] baby!



  14. #214
    This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    35,474.10
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Threads
    13
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Evo_ChaosX View Post
    ^Unfortunately, that's bull. Roms aren't legal, period. *Yes, I've read the "24 hours" and such like that*
    Right AND wrong. Copyrighted ROMs are, indeed, not legal. However, there are freely licensed ROMs of games that were originally commercial that can be download and used, for non-commercial uses only. As an example, the games Gridlee and Robby Roto are freely available on the MAME website. There are also homebrew ROMs available that can be used freely, and legally, as well.
    Last edited by Storm Strife; 12-28-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.


  15. #215
    Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    418.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fu9
    Age
    28
    Threads
    35
    Posts
    2,912
    AW Wallpapers
    2
    Rep Power
    242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Evo_ChaosX View Post
    ^Unfortunately, that's bull. Roms aren't legal, period. *Yes, I've read the "24 hours" and such like that*
    Actually like many things like copied CDs, DVDs, etc it's not illegal(At least if you go to court, you can use this to defend yourself and win) if a few things are met.

    When you own the said object(Game CD, cartidge, DVD, etc) you have a right to nonommercial and nonprofit use of it. You CAN make backups and copies for your own personal use. When theres distributing it's a little different though. Not only can there not be noncemmercial and nonprofit use, but you can't affect(potentionally as well) the market or value of the copyrighted material. SO you can't do anything to affect the owner(s) of the coprighted material's income from that item.

    SO having copies of your games on your computer is NOT illegal as long as you own the game. Distributing the said games online is another matter.
    Last edited by MistaCloudStrife; 12-28-2006 at 08:56 PM.

  16. #216
    This is my AWESOME face! Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife has a reputation beyond repute Storm Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    35,474.10
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 06:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Threads
    13
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    SO having copies of your games on your computer is NOT illegal as long as you own the game. Distributing the said games online is another matter.
    Actually, isn't it illegal in the US to make backup copies of some games? I go by this, but I need clarification:

    "However, in the U.S. it has been illegal since 1983 for a user to create their own backups of video game ROMs. This was decided in the court case of Atari v. JS&A. JS&A manufactured a "game backup" device that allowed users to dump their Atari ROMs onto a blank cartridge. JS&A argued that the archival rule allowed for this. The court disagreed, noting that ROM media was not subject to the same volatility as magnetic media (for which the law was created). Thus, not being so relatively vulnerable, ROMs were not applicable under section 17 USC 117."
    The Tao of Rayne - Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience...if that fails, try something in the dairy variety.


  17. #217
    Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    11,850,190.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Threads
    37
    Posts
    2,723
    Rep Power
    4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    If you own the game you can use the ROMs legally. Not only if you made the ROM.
    Except that the way you get them is through an illegal method. They are distributed illegally, so you are receiving them illegally, regardless of whether or not you own the games. Plain and simple, it's illegal.

    Interestingly enough, Storm Strife's point was what I was planning to look into further. Glad he got the research while I was on the plane today.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    Basically you were arguing about something I wasn't arguing about. I was never arguing about which handheld was the best. I was stating that the PSP can run homebrew better than the DS.
    But arguing homebrews has no place here. The DS is a better handheld gaming system. This is a video game forum. Most people here are not here to find out what they can do to void the warranty on their hardware. They want to discuss out of the box solutions, the way they were meant to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife View Post
    I'm comparing two DeLoreans and stating which one has the better homebrew time machine... =P
    Not even. One of them is made in a way that makes it poor at playing video games, but it's good at changing to be something different. The other is made to be a good video game system, which is what gamers want.


    Oh.. And Wolfwood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    you fail. seriously, the moment you said the gamecube beat the ps3 in graphics and the overall system.

    out of the 3, the gamecube had the worst graphics and ability.
    Stop right there. Let me give you some numbers.
    CPU:
    Gamecube - 485 MHz
    PS2 - 300 MHz

    RAM:
    Gamecube - 43 MB
    PS2 - 36 MB

    Graphics:
    Gamecube - 162MHz ATI
    PS2 - 143 MHz Sony GS

    Well, the graphics is slightly misleading. This quote I found sums it up nicely
    Furthermore, Gamecube renders up to eight effects layers to a polygon in a single pass, whereas the PS2 features a multi-pass rendering system. So, for example, Gamecube developers can effectively start with the base geometry (1), add a bump-map to it (3), add a dirt map (4), add a gloss map (5), add a reflection map (6), add a radiosity light map (7) and an effects layer of their choice (8) -- all in a single pass. By contrast, PS2 developers would have to re-render the polygon itself for every pass meaning eight times the work to get the same effect. So essentially PS2 has to render 1,000 polygons eight times over whereas Gamecube only has to render 1,000 polygons once for the same effect.
    Numbers seem to say it all. Instead of your biased non-technical opinion, which clearly shows no actual research.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    the reason the ps2 won was because:

    1. it has a large fan basis

    2. it had a great selection of exclusive games
    It did have a large fan base. Know why?
    Because it was out nearly a year longer than the other systems.
    Since it had such a large customer base, developers sucked it up that it was harder to develop for, and they made their games for that system.

    Sound familiar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    and 3. it doubled as a dvd player and that was the big thing then so families would get that so everyone got something out of it and not just the ones who play games.
    Yes, this reason, as stupid as it is, is true. As the DVD format had already been established, Sony took words that people recognized and dropped them on their PS2, and people bit.

    Me, I would much rather get a DVD player that is made for playing DVD's for $30, rather than trust a different piece of hardware to do it. My concerns were justified, it turned out, when the first few editions couldn't play a number of quite popular DVD's.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    the ps3 has all that if you just replace dvd with blu-ray. they're taking a risk, yup, but if it pays off it'll be a major boost, and if it dosnt, it's not gonna change to much. already i've seen blu-ray movies and players in australia with people asking bout it, so with a little marketing i think it'll win this easy.
    Yeah, I saw Betamax players out many years ago, and my brother jumped all over the Minidisc players.

    Whatever happened to those formats anyway? I bet the developers felt sheepish and never made that mistake again.

    Oh wait. It was Sony on both counts, and they're doing it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    dosnt matter if it didnt come out first either. right now at the end of the last war the ps2 is selling more then ever. sony is planning for the long run (that's why they use blu-ray too), and if the history of the ps2 is anything to go on since you love history so much, the ps3 has a promising high selling finish to look forward to.
    That would apply, if Sony didn't decide to repeat all the mistakes they made with other types of hardware, as well as making up all new mistakes that no smart businessman would make. (Like lying to your customers, insulting your customers, failing to deliver to your customers, etc)
    Last edited by Regex; 12-28-2006 at 09:39 PM.


    Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!


    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

    You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

  18. #218
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    i dont know where ya getting these things from, but the ps2 was always more powerful. countless developers would explain why they would'nt take a game to the gamecube and the reason was always that they'd need to lower the quality of the game.
    that, mixed with the kiddie look of the gamecube really let nintendo down after the 64.

    the difference between blu-ray and betamax is pretty simple to. everyone is talking bout blu-ray. the debates are everywhere. all of which, are pretty much free advertisment.
    on the morning news they have a tech talk bit. awhile ago they were betting blu-ray to take over dvd's very soon. with pro's like them backing it, it's hard to believe otherwise.
    if blu-ray should of been placed on the ps3 or not will always be a big issue for debate, but outside that blu-ray is all around better and with blu-ray movie already instores it wont be long before ya see them in video rental stores (which usualy means they've made it)

    i dont even see the point ya trying to make anymore either. are you betting blu-ray will fail? or that the ps3 will?
    the ps4 is already planned so its not like they're going the way of sega. and everyone knows a console sells well because of the games it has. with huge names like square-enix, kojima, capcom (DMC4), etc supporting them with exclusives, they really arnt going anywhere.
    and a huge winning point for the ps3. free internet ^^

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  19. #219
    Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    220,207,052.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere within the threads of reality
    Threads
    44
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    i dont know where ya getting these things from, but the ps2 was always more powerful. countless developers would explain why they would'nt take a game to the gamecube and the reason was always that they'd need to lower the quality of the game.
    that, mixed with the kiddie look of the gamecube really let nintendo down after the 64.

    the difference between blu-ray and betamax is pretty simple to. everyone is talking bout blu-ray. the debates are everywhere. all of which, are pretty much free advertisment.
    on the morning news they have a tech talk bit. awhile ago they were betting blu-ray to take over dvd's very soon. with pro's like them backing it, it's hard to believe otherwise.
    if blu-ray should of been placed on the ps3 or not will always be a big issue for debate, but outside that blu-ray is all around better and with blu-ray movie already instores it wont be long before ya see them in video rental stores (which usualy means they've made it)

    i dont even see the point ya trying to make anymore either. are you betting blu-ray will fail? or that the ps3 will?
    the ps4 is already planned so its not like they're going the way of sega. and everyone knows a console sells well because of the games it has. with huge names like square-enix, kojima, capcom (DMC4), etc supporting them with exclusives, they really arnt going anywhere.
    and a huge winning point for the ps3. free internet ^^
    Sorry, but I have to correct you. It is only a speculation based on their silence about the release of a PSP 2. Meaning, it's a rumor.

    PS2 being more powerfull than the Gamecube? Sorry to break it to ya, but most games that came out for both of the systems generally looked better on the Gamecube, so let's not go into games that DID NOT come out for both of the systems. Remember Resident Evil?
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

    Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

  20. #220
    Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    77,827.33
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    26
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,488
    Blog Entries
    219
    AW Wallpapers
    12
    Rep Power
    2833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    i dont know where ya getting these things from, but the ps2 was always more powerful. countless developers would explain why they would'nt take a game to the gamecube and the reason was always that they'd need to lower the quality of the game.
    Go compare the screenshots from Resident Evil 4 on the cube and PS2. Notice how the PS2's models and textures edges are more pixelated.

    that, mixed with the kiddie look of the gamecube really let nintendo down after the 64.
    Now THAT is an ignorant statement. So you're judging the gamecube by it's appearence? What's so "kiddie" about it? The purple color? It launched with black as well, and has come out with many colors. Or was it the shape? Well, if it's the shape then get over yourself. The over-all look of the console should be one of the last things considered.


    on the morning news they have a tech talk bit. awhile ago they were betting blu-ray to take over dvd's very soon. with pro's like them backing it, it's hard to believe otherwise.
    If they were truly pro's. they wouldn't be working for a radio station, they'd be working for computer companies.

    if blu-ray should of been placed on the ps3 or not will always be a big issue for debate, but outside that blu-ray is all around better and with blu-ray movie already instores it wont be long before ya see them in video rental stores (which usualy means they've made it)
    But you fail to see that Blu-Ray is NOT IMPORTANT FOR A MOVIE. Blu-Ray is more expensive than normal DVD's, and all of the memory on Blu-Day disks would be wasted on a movie, as most movies hardly exceed a gig in most cases. No matter how much special effect and bonus features you add to the movie, you'll never use up that 25 gigs of memory.



    the ps4 is already planned so its not like they're going the way of sega.
    Sega had another system planned after the dreamcast as well.

    with huge names like square-enix, kojima, capcom (DMC4), etc supporting them with exclusives, they really arnt going anywhere.
    Don't forget
    I'm sorry, capcom? Finished with the Onimusha series, what appears to be close to if not the final DMC game, and exclusives for other consoles as well as releasing popular, highly anticipated titles for the 360 in addition to the playstation.
    Now, you have Kojima and Square (Despite the fact that they both threatend to leave sony had they not dropped the PS3's price in Japan)
    But who are the etc?

    and a huge winning point for the ps3. free internet ^^
    Again, free internet is NOT a bloody winning point. Are you truly that cheap? Also remember that not all of the PS2's online was free, you still had to pay for MMO's like final fantasy 11. Xbox live is five dollars. Five pathetic little dollars a month for ALL games.

  21. #221
    BD's faithful stalker o.0 Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX has much to be proud of Dark_Evo_ChaosX's Avatar
    Gil
    8,953.90
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2008 06:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I do not exist.
    Age
    21
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    600 dollars for bloody "free" internet? Not to mention 60 dollar (not including tax) games -.-
    I'm back [YET AGAIN] baby!



  22. #222
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    resident evil? that's just one games. while games like timesplitters 3 were proven long ago to be impossible on the gamecube. even final fantasy 12 is impossible for the gamecube.
    and dont say it dosnt look like a kiddie system. everyone knows that's the apperance it's had since day one. if you never noticed that, you really dont pay attencion to the gaming world.

    and this was a tv show, not a radio one. they were showing off blu-ray and loving it.

    those guys gonna leave sony? what fanboy rumour ya pick up there? :P
    o, the white engine designed by square-enix for the ps3 is something they'll just throw away with your logic i guess.
    are you the type who believe's everything you hear on the net that supports your cause despite not being able to back it up at all?
    seriously, link please.

    o, btw. sega still has a dreamcast 2 planned. the dreamcast even has a few games coming out for it again.

    and blu-ray is important to movies because its the only format that can reach "true" 1080p. the others can only up-scale to that.

    and free net is a big selling point because because with xbox live ya gonna end up paying more then what the ps3 cost.

    so far, no-one has linked anything that suggest something bad bout the ps3. go look outside the forum a bit and find something real to support ya case with.

    or you can continue to block ya ears and cover ya eyes going "la la la la la!" to the clear and obvious facts supporting the ps3.

    either way, not a single person has given a reason to not get a ps3. all that you've given is guesses about why you think it wont sell as many as the others. but they're just that, guesses. nothing to say the ps3 isnt worth buying.

    and you complain about its price, yet suppot paying for xbox live which in most cases will end up costing ya more?
    bit weird ay? :P

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

  23. #223
    Serenith's pet Crocodile Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani has a reputation beyond repute Ichiro Matsuchani's Avatar
    Gil
    220,207,052.00
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2010 03:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere within the threads of reality
    Threads
    44
    Posts
    2,058
    Rep Power
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwood View Post
    resident evil? that's just one games. while games like timesplitters 3 were proven long ago to be impossible on the gamecube. even final fantasy 12 is impossible for the gamecube.
    and dont say it dosnt look like a kiddie system. everyone knows that's the apperance it's had since day one. if you never noticed that, you really dont pay attencion to the gaming world.

    and this was a tv show, not a radio one. they were showing off blu-ray and loving it.

    those guys gonna leave sony? what fanboy rumour ya pick up there? :P
    o, the white engine designed by square-enix for the ps3 is something they'll just throw away with your logic i guess.
    are you the type who believe's everything you hear on the net that supports your cause despite not being able to back it up at all?
    seriously, link please.

    o, btw. sega still has a dreamcast 2 planned. the dreamcast even has a few games coming out for it again.

    and blu-ray is important to movies because its the only format that can reach "true" 1080p. the others can only up-scale to that.

    and free net is a big selling point because because with xbox live ya gonna end up paying more then what the ps3 cost.

    so far, no-one has linked anything that suggest something bad bout the ps3. go look outside the forum a bit and find something real to support ya case with.

    or you can continue to block ya ears and cover ya eyes going "la la la la la!" to the clear and obvious facts supporting the ps3.

    either way, not a single person has given a reason to not get a ps3. all that you've given is guesses about why you think it wont sell as many as the others. but they're just that, guesses. nothing to say the ps3 isnt worth buying.

    and you complain about its price, yet suppot paying for xbox live which in most cases will end up costing ya more?
    bit weird ay? :P
    We have been reading your posts, and we HAVE been listening to what you've said. Too bad most of it is false, biased data.

    You want a reason to get PS3? Metal Gear Solid 4. Any other reasons? I'm not finding any.

    By the way, you haven't linked anything either.
    Sig by -Ookami-, thank you Ookami!

    Elder Scrolls Oblivion: A Tale Retold

    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=94454

  24. #224
    boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    106.81
    Gender
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    A room with a view.
    Age
    22
    Threads
    97
    Posts
    2,965
    Blog Entries
    392
    Rep Power
    1279

    Default

    They give you free internet but don't give you a Bluetooth compatible keyboard. What good is the Interweb without a keyboard? Smart move, Sony. Oh, and for that free internet play, you get a whopping no headset to use, leaving you with a $50-$150 cost for a wireless Bluetooth headset.

    Also, according to my sources, the PS3 can't scale images to fit your TV. If you do not have a(this is a direct quote): "a 1080p TV that accepts a 60 hertz signal, or a TV that supports images natively at 720p."

    And the Bluetooth peripherals themselves can have spotty signals. Really doesn't seem like a good idea to lose signal when you're being attacked from all sides by alien commies.

    This is something to support the case. This is printed infromation from people who have played a PS3. GameInformer, Issure 165, January 2007. But of course, they say bad things about the PS3, therefore forfeiting all their informational value and being biased.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 12-29-2006 at 12:46 AM.

    All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

  25. #225
    Yilin's Candy Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood has a reputation beyond repute Wolfwood's Avatar
    Gil
    1,076,799.74
    Gender
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-04-2009 08:20 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Threads
    51
    Posts
    3,128
    Rep Power
    770

    Default

    look back, i've linked to the current sales of each console, and kojima mentioning that mgs4 is staying exclusive and a list of games being released for the ps3 next year. i'd link more, but most those links would be to a huge game site that has a forum on it and i think that'll count as advertising, so i cant ^^;

    for you it might be just mgs4. for me the list goes further to over 12 exclusives in just 2007.
    but isn't the console ya buy decided almost entirely on the exclusives on it?
    we could probably sit here for days debating and getting no-where fast since we cant see the future. but it's mostly agreed that exclusives are what sell consoles, and all the systems have plenty right now.

    when ya look at that, all the other features dont matter so much.
    yes the ps3 is a bit more expencive aswell, but the price may drop sometime near the end of next year, and ya would save a bit from the free net.
    nomatter what debates go on, it's all gonna come down to the games.

    o, for psp fans. a japanese site posted something i cant read >_>
    but these pics were there.


    this has started rumours of a 60gb psp in the near future. if ya can read japanese (i think that's the language anyway) i'll send ya the link.


    keyboard and mouse? couldnt be more simple. any usb one will work on the ps3. that really dosnt seem like an issue.
    and the scale'ing things is being mostly fixed with updates. by the world wide release it'll more then likely be all but fixed. yes its a bit of a bother, but all consoles have problems on release. lucky these can be fixed with simple updates.

    and the blu-ray having spotty signals? first time i've heard of that. and i've been all over huge game forums where these debates are like wars. and still that has never been mentioned.
    also no-one with a ps3 has had a problem with that either that i've heard of. so its either a really small issue, or not one at all.
    but if ya got a link, do post it.

    Seeking Opinions on Lil' Gothic Girl Wallpapers 1, 2
    **************************

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts