AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: rate it

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

2 14.29%

0 0%

1 7.14%

4 28.57%

2 14.29%

5 35.71%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [TV Series] Mai-HiME

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Default [TV Series] Mai-HiME

Title: Mai-HiME
    Kanji/Kana: 舞-HiME
    Synonym: Dancing Princess, Mai Hime, My Hime, My Princess, My-Hime
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Magic, Romance, School, Super Power
    Episodes: 26
    Year: 30.09.2004 till 31.03.2005
    Companies: Bandai, Sunrise

Plot:
    The Fuuka Academy is a unified school (having students from primary school and high school). In the Fuuka Academy, a rumor that a mysterious monster appeared has spread, and that the only match for the monsters were girls called “HiME.” They have the abilities of HiME (Highly-advanced Materializing Equipment).
    Mai transferred to the academy, not knowing anything of this rumor. However, she suddenly discovers she has the power of a HiME. After facing a few problems, she adapts to her new life as a HiME.

Story (8.5/10):
    Must say, it's quite interesting. It has everything you can expect from an anime, lots of funny scenes, fighting, and also some quite dramatic moments. It's also quite complicated. The story by itself becomes more and more dramatic while it reaches the end, but nonetheless there's a happy ending ^_^ (that kinda disappointed me)

Animation (9/10):
    Great ^_^ almost perfect ^_^ I like how the "childs" are drawn, especially kagutsuchi, he's great ^_^ the scenery and fights are also well drawn. There are quite some funny scenes (see screenshot) and the animation follows them quite well ^_^

Characters (9/10):
    There are a lot of chars in this series, most of them fit their roll quite well, and I’m going to describe just some of them that I think were the best of all.
    - Mai: Must say, she really attracted me ... she's the one that develops most in the story and that makes her even stronger. She has a brother complex … thinks that he’s the only important person to her, though; during the animation she discovers her true feelings.
    - Mikoto: Quite funny, a crossover between a cat, dog and human O_o;; … why, would you ask? … She’s quite lithe like a cat, loyal to Mai like a dog, and of course, she’s human xD She’s searching for his brother which, she’ll find in the end, though, [spolier]her brother is on the dark side, which will rather complicate the story even more[/spoiler].
    - Natsuki: Quite friendless, always stays by herself, though, Mai changes her in the end … She always says that she doesn’t have any loved one, and her only meaning in combating is to avenge her mother, though, she discovers her true feelings in the end.

Music (8/10): This animation has a nice OST, I liked the music in it ^_^ it fits quite well with the animation.
    The chars voices are also well selected, no complaints about them.

Overall (8.5/10): The animation is quite interesting ^_^ It has a great, quite complicated story, a nice animation and a lot of good effects. It really "attracts" you. Must say, only the ending kinda surprised me, unconditionally I was expecting a sad ending ... though, like usually, everything ended happily. I'm a fan of such complicated stories ^_^ end even more a fan for sad endings ^_^;;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bscap002.jpg‎
Views:	111
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	13256   Click image for larger version

Name:	bscap007.jpg‎
Views:	112
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	13257   Click image for larger version

Name:	bscap011.jpg‎
Views:	107
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	13258   Click image for larger version

Name:	bscap012.jpg‎
Views:	120
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	13259   Click image for larger version

Name:	bscap028.jpg‎
Views:	114
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	13260  

Last edited by wizz-o-matic; 11-15-2006 at 05:13 AM.

Corrupted Data Inc. CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon has a reputation beyond repute CrimsonMoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Cookie Ice Cream Kawaiislice
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2014 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Story: 10/10 Best anime! It has lots of fighting which generally, I don't really like. But this is not the kind of fighting that lasts like Dragon Ball. "5 minutes before Earth is destroyed!" Not really 5 minutes but 5 episodes! But Mai-HiME don't keep you waiting for so incredibly long. And I love the story too. It's sad but has a good ending.

Animation: 9/10 Actually, I'm not a good rater when it comes to animation. So long as it doesn't involve mucled men or whatever muscles, I like them all. And since Mai-HiME doesn't depict such (disgusting) men, I'll give it a 9.

Characters: 9/10 I don't remember their names. ^^; The guy with Mai is annoying, kinda. I don't know but I never really liked him. The others are okay. Natsuki is the calmest girl and I really like her character.

Music: 10/10 Has the best OST! I really like the music, kinda reminds me of the music in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. Soothing yet lively. You'll know when you listen to it.

Overall: 10/10 I really like the ending. Well, since I'm not a fan of sad ending, I really love the good ending in the end. If it's bad ending, I'll consider giving it a 10. Interesting music, arts, seiyus. Thumbs up!

>>Enter My World<<

Thanks to Ms Lucy for this awesome, funny gif.

The person that you are now is not the person that I used to know. You're becoming a stranger that I've never met before. Not liking the change though.

Senior Member Nameles84 is on a distinguished road Nameles84's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2007 08:33 AM
    Threads

Short review:
    The storyline is very well done especially the background music that comes in. Yet for the whole entire story feeling, it gives a feeling of loneliness of each character and unlike most animes, it does not give a feeling that you're in a school populated with students - Maybe it is because the school is a private school on an island.

It kept viewers glue to the screen wanting to know what happen next and then next and it is a anime well recommend for purchase and kept as a collection.

Animation: Since it vintage on 2004 and made by Sunrise Inc. the colors and animation will be pretty close to Gundam Seed which was also vintage on 2004 by Sunrise Inc. Some problem with the animation is would be on how Mai was drawn. According to some other viewers and reviews, they had complained on every scene where Mai's 'Bust' size kept changing and changing and it annoyed them. Yet that is others view. The coloring, character and figures are really well drawn and design. - 9/10

Character Design: Every character is unique in the anime especially on Character Design. It really shows the lonely side of most of the main and sub characters - from their worries to their fear. And a lot of laughters were added to lighten the atmosphere. Well done for that. - 10/10

Music: Music tracks are the backbone of every movie, drama, motion pictures and animation.

In this animation, the music is composed by Yuki Kajiura, who formed the J-Pop group FIctionJunction with Yuuka Narnri. (Yuuka voice-acted the character Nao Yuuki in this anime and Henrietta in Gunslinger Girl)

The tracks in this anime kicks in for each scene perfectly. It not just fits for the scene, but it also fits the character it is labeled on. A perfect fit in and great track brings the atmosphere to another level for each episode. This is truly where Sunrise also earns its reputation.

One similarity is that Tsubasa Chronicle's OST is almost the same My-Hime & My-Otome, since the music is also done by Yuki Kajiura. Here is the time frame of release in order - My-Hime (Sunrise Inc.) Vintage on 2004, then Tsubasa Chroncle (Bee Train) and continued My-Otome (Sunrise Inc) on 2005 - 9/10

Overall: With all the elements in this anime is very well portrayed and done by Sunrise Inc, it is what a B+ anime should look like. And while worth watching and kept as a collection. It kept me on the screen through out the race and you don't really get tired after watching once. This is what I would say 'short and sweet'. - 10/10

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information