AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Are our styles similar?

Member kisa~tora is on a distinguished road kisa~tora's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2007 01:48 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Are our styles similar?

Hi! This is a gallery of Kisa~Tora and The_last_icarian! We have drew some short manga strips together and would like to share it with everyone.

This one is sketched by me (Kisa~tora) and colored by the_last_icarian:
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...p/drawing2.jpg

And here's a one that's sketched by the_last_icarian and colored by me!
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...p/drawing1.jpg

Many people said our styles look similar, do they?

anyway, as to introduce our selves, we also did a personal profile!

Kisa~Tora: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l_portrait.jpg (i prefered to be called "cici".)

The_last_icarian: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../kyn_intro.jpg (she liked to be called "kyn")

so yea, you will see more of our "maser pieces" in the near future!

Kyou and Tohru foreva!

Junior Member NecromancerXXX is on a distinguished road NecromancerXXX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2006 09:09 AM
    Threads

pretty nice pictures

Member Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty will become famous soon enough Smitty's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2007 12:02 AM
    Threads

I like them. After reviewing the two side by side I like your coloring better and her drawing better, or in otherwords, I liked strip two. The coloring's a lot cleaner and matches the scene well. I think both are great, and I look forward to seeing more. You do a lot better job than I could ever hope to do.

On the similar styles note, you both do have similar styles, but not so much I can't tell them apart. It's at a nice medium. Have a good one.
    Last edited by Smitty; 11-10-2006 at 10:01 AM.
    Run and suffer.............but don't mess up your hair!

Pm me if you have any questions about God and Christianity, I'll do my best to help.

Senior Member sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280 has a brilliant future sakura280's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2007 06:22 PM
    Threads

very nice keep it up ok
    what anime character you are check out www.theotaku.com plz rep me if you like Naruto.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Here are some of Kyn (the_last_icarian)'s art work! She's not going to be on for a while, so i'll post her artworks for her. post and tell what u think of them!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...kyo_momiji.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../hana_chan.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...p/fox_girl.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...hp/fishing.jpg

Kyou and Tohru foreva!

Sacrificial Suicide Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy has a reputation beyond repute Tragedy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2008 03:10 AM
    Threads

There are distinct difference's in the structure above the shoulders. Similar yes, but each of you have distinct difference's if you really look at the work.

None the less, great job.

~ Tragedy

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

Flame gal Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy is infamous around these parts Kit Katy's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2007 07:35 PM
    Threads

they both have diffrent characteristics in sketch and color in my view and both are nice. Keep up the good work

Gothic Lolita Skyla-chan Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

Yes, I agree with everyone else. Very nice job!

Your styles have many similarities, but in any case there's nothing wrong with a manga with a bit of diversity! ^.~

Please, tell me how long have you both been practicing? How many sketches would you say you do in one day? One sitting? Do you ever discard any? What discourages you when it comes to art?
    *Ami~chan-sempai made this sig*

*Ookami-sempai made this sig*

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Skyla_G View Post

Your styles have many similarities, but in any case there's nothing wrong with a manga with a bit of diversity! ^.~

Please, tell me how long have you both been practicing? How many sketches would you say you do in one day? One sitting? Do you ever discard any? What discourages you when it comes to art?

um...hehe.. thanx. we have both been drawing for quite a while. kyn started a year ago, i've been drawing since two-three years.. =_=; (and still no better. lol) i don't usually draw a lot, only draw when i'm "inspired". kyn draws waaayy more than me. but while she chucked away a lot of her drawings, i kept all mine. so i can see my improvments!

Kyou and Tohru foreva!

Senior Member philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2007 11:40 AM
    Pittsburgh (enter bad joke about location here)
    Threads

Cool

Very cute, keep it up! I was amazed, that it looked so professional.
    My jpop seems to keep me warm at night.

iF YOU CAN READ THIS KANJI, YOU MAY ALREADY QUALIFY...

Member Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan is a name known to all Ninamori-Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2007 01:40 PM
    Threads

They are both beautiful! I love your coloring the most though cause its so much more focused on the shades and shadowings^_^

Junior Member kaminary is a jewel in the rough kaminary is a jewel in the rough kaminary is a jewel in the rough kaminary's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2007 03:51 AM
    Threads

I like your style=) your characters are very cute. Keep it up=)

Last but not least the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2012 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Whew! I haven't been on in like *counts fingers* ages!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyla_G View Post

I don't like using erasers much, so on "bad" days, it takes me about 8-10 failed attempts to get a picture right so you can imagine all the paper I use!

I love to chuck away my pictures (I don't know why), about only less than 10% of my pics survive my wrath. People think I'm crazy, when I take about two hours to complete a picture, and then I just toss it in the bin, but hey, it's life. I draw for the experience, not the pictures knowing that I get better by every picture.

On a crazy day I can draw about 3 pictures but usually it's only 1-2 though they'd probably end up in the recyling bin anyway...

What discourages me when it comes to art... I like drawing because people appreciated it more. But the draw back is that my skills are so limited and it's very frustrating because what I have in my mind, I can't put down onto the page.

I don't believe in how-to-draw manga books or tutorials. They help, but there is no "definate" way of drawing. You can only develop your own style by drawing, drawing and drawing. That's the only secret to it.

And if you're wondering, I'm not going to be a manga-ka. Manga's a hobby but I don't think I'll take it very seriously. It's good fun, though.

*looks up* Heheh... You still breathing after all that up there? Oops...
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

Last but not least the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian has a reputation beyond repute the_last_icarian's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2012 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here's a quick one I drew just right now. I don't really like it but... http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...an/TLIgirl.jpg
    Where am I?

Was I hibernating?

^^
    (o_o)
    (vv )

Wanna be my buddy?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

wow!! Kyn surely talks a lot... =_=; well, anyway, here are two new (well, not really. i just haven't got the time to upload them) pictures by her, take a look!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...p/kyn_2006.gif
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2..._hp/summer.gif

Kyou and Tohru foreva!

Senior Member Shelley will become famous soon enough Shelley's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2007 06:44 PM
    Threads

These are really great I love em!

Closed Thread

Thread Information