AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what is so good about fullmetal alchemist?

Hybrid View

Member uchihaitachi100 is on a distinguished road uchihaitachi100's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2006 06:18 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default what is so good about fullmetal alchemist?

i dont know y everyone is soo in to fullmetal alchemist i mean is it that good?

Gothic Lolita Skyla-chan Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G has much to be proud of Skyla_G's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 01:47 PM
    Threads

I'd best answer that question if I knew your gender... since I'm a girl I really like the japanese edward <3 but maybe some guys really do too?

The whole idea of never giving up on life when all you really have is eachother and the thought of helping eachother when you have nothing to give. There are alot of gruesome yet valuable stuff in this anime... the creator knows what the reader hates... and I hate the ideas behind alot of the bad guys.. it makes me want to stand beside ed and rip out the enemies guts!! GAH!! but there are other elements that add to the story which I'm sure other people could vouch?
    *Ami~chan-sempai made this sig*

*Ookami-sempai made this sig*

Junior Member Anquietas is on a distinguished road Anquietas's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2006 02:03 PM
    Threads

For me Fullmetal Alchemist just has a great storyline, more so in the manga then the anime in my opinion. The characters grow on you, even annoying ones. And you can't help but wondering what's going to happen to the Elric brothers and those around them next.
    "If you immediately know that the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

[[ Happy ~*2000*~ ]] angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin has a reputation beyond repute angelic_assasin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 02:11 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1504-5383-0870

Quote Originally Posted by uchihaitachi100
    yes...Yes...YES!! Im so sorry for not having a reasonful reason for this but i just think FMA is the best ever, Because it has almost everything ur interested in. It attracts u..so u really cant help but to watch more of it. and FMA is very emotion at times. it sometimes make ppl cry and even make ppl feel happy inside. and yes, ED's really kewl!! Do u not like it? Did u watch it before?

Member uchihaitachi100 is on a distinguished road uchihaitachi100's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2006 06:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_assasin
    yes...Yes...YES!! Im so sorry for not having a reasonful reason for this but i just think FMA is the best ever, Because it has almost everything ur interested in. It attracts u..so u really cant help but to watch more of it. and FMA is very emotion at times. it sometimes make ppl cry and even make ppl feel happy inside. and yes, ED's really kewl!! Do u not like it? Did u watch it before?
    yes i did watch it but i didnt enjoy it very much

Junior Member Anime Alchemist will become famous soon enough Anime Alchemist will become famous soon enough Anime Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-11-2006 05:05 PM
    Threads

In my opinion Fullmetal Alchemist is the best anime ever! I don't understand how someone can find it a "kiddy" anime this isn't a show that kids should watch like Poke'mon.The shows very powerful and the characters are so realistic. It can be very funny too. I also find it interesting how the anime and manga are so different from each other. I mean the characters are the same but the storylines a bit different. That's great because you get to see completly different sides of the story. If you haven't seen this show or read the manga you should diffently check it out!
    I'm sad to say I haven't seen the movie yet,but I do have it I just want to watch the last two episodes again. I hate that there's spoilers for this movie everywhere knock it off people!

That's all I have to say about that. There's more but I don't think there's enough room.

I'm also a proud royxriza supporter. You guys are awesome together!
    Last edited by Anime Alchemist; 11-14-2006 at 10:08 PM.

DarkDemonic dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn is infamous around these parts dEmn's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-19-2008 05:55 PM
    Threads

FUll Metal Alchemist
    Had so many Good Scenes...
    It ROCKS

Awesome SET made by Karuto ~

You expose yourself in great dangers..
    by going with bad companions..

FAN:

Senior Member Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan has a reputation beyond repute Riina-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2008 11:26 AM
    Threads

It has a great storyline,very good characters and its funny and also serious! And because of the lenght it didn't get bored (it didn't repeat itself)!

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫
    J-rock is my life... ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫♪ ♫

^myanimelist^
    Last.fm

Member --Kitara-- is on a distinguished road --Kitara--'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2006 07:48 PM
    Threads

Hehe I watched half of the movie.... than fell asleep <3
    [--Kïtàrà--]

Didn't know it's so easy Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu has a reputation beyond repute Mugetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2007 04:30 PM
    Threads

I think its one of the best anime series ever. The characters are great. They really show the personality of each character very well and no two are exactly alike. The story is diverse and deep. It's not one of those simplistic everything is in black & white storys. They try to achieve their goal and still deaql with all of the craziness that goes on around them. It's not a comedy but there are a lot of humurous moments as well. Just a great anime.

But somehow the manga is even better.

Sig By "The Notorious M.A.C."
    He pwns your souls!!!

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."
    - Timo Cruz in "Coach Carter" (2005)

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

FMA has many things that most anime seem to lack these days.

Intrigue. A reason for action, rather than senseless animation. No filler. A continuously progressing storyline. A well thought out and well planned story line that makes your jaw drop and go "NO WAY." through the whole thing, whether you are reading it or watching it, even at the end of it all, including the finale/movie.

It has depth, and it has philosophy, and it has a lot more than tired old reused chinese and japenese proverbs. And when it makes jokes, it can genuinely make you laugh, and the it in the show, it can literally jerk at your emotions with the twists it takes.

Stop waiting for the next Naruto episode, and go watch or read FMA, and see how a good anime/manga should be done!

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I find the show overrated, I am not sure why so many people love it and even though I enjoyed the show.I still find it very overrated, kinda a kiddy anime if you ask me.
    -TWM-

Senior Member buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly has a reputation beyond repute buhbibutterfly's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2008 03:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I wouldn't say i love FMA, but i don't hate it either. It's one of the those anime where it's good to watch one time through and then not see it again until a couple years later when the story isn't as clear as before. That's how I see it. The reason i see that alot of people are nuts over it is because it's easy access...it's been popularized by CN/adultswim/toonami/ whichever one it plays on, just like inuyasha
    *(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.´)*
    »~:¤.·º`·.Forever ~ Dreaming.·´º·.¤:~«
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

>> flew too high and burnt the wings - lost my faith in everything <<

~The God of Death~ -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami- is a splendid one to behold -Shinigami-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2007 05:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by The Wing Man
    I find the show overrated, I am not sure why so many people love it and even though I enjoyed the show.I still find it very overrated, kinda a kiddy anime if you ask me.
    The show is indeed, in my opinion, overrated (at least here in Korea, along with Naruto). But it's not really a 'kiddy' anime.
    Back..

aka. darky-chan darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon has a reputation beyond repute darkcrystalofthebluemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2007 06:19 AM
    Threads

FullMetal Alchemist has a great story line ^.^ and such great characters (Edward) <3
    It very touching at times as well unlike other anime/manga
    GONE, Goodbye.

Senior Member philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102 has a spectacular aura about philippine102's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2007 11:40 AM
    Pittsburgh (enter bad joke about location here)
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrystalofthebluemoon
    It very touching at times as well unlike other anime/manga
    Please name of a few.

Anyway, At first FMA was nice -- good storyline and amazing characters. But the mix of seriousness and humor gets bad later on. Watching that young couple turn into plagued woodcraft and little girl get splattered just turned me off the entire series. I only like the early episodes.

PS: "Yellow Generation" rocks!
    My jpop seems to keep me warm at night.

iF YOU CAN READ THIS KANJI, YOU MAY ALREADY QUALIFY...

Fan of Metal fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89 has a brilliant future fullmetalx89's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2007 01:59 AM
    Threads

Personally i like it because its amazing

Member mikk is on a distinguished road mikk's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2006 05:53 PM
    Threads

Great Storyline, kept me excited through out the whole Anime while watching it.

Member shichiyou is on a distinguished road shichiyou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2006 05:38 PM
    Threads

I think the question is what isn't so good about FMA? I think more than anything else it is the characters and their own each personal strifes that makes FMA really entertaining.Plus the action is great and more than once got my heart to pounding.That in itself is something since it takes more than token fist fights to do that.

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

I find FMA too complicated at times, but the character development and the plot make it a good anime to watch. I agree with TheWingMan though, it is kinda overrated. But on that note, aren't most anime overrated? Like GitS the Movie, DBZ and Sailormoon back in the day. For newer anime, Gundam Seed, InuYasha, Naruto, and even Bleach are overrated.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

Junior Member chermie will become famous soon enough chermie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2006 02:15 AM
    Threads

Hm. I kind of get where you're coming from, since I was pretty skeptical about it at first as well. But it proved me wrong, and I'm pretty glad it did. The storyline has depth- so do the characters, and I've actually been forced to think about some of the concepts brought up in the series.

It might not be for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. Give it a go, see how you take to it. (:

Junior Member Organism is on a distinguished road Organism's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2006 01:50 PM
    Threads

I very much liked FullMetall Alchemist, a history excellent, but it is a pity girl !!. Excuse for my English, I from Russia and badly know him.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts Kawaiislice Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-23-2023 10:19 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kagxme4988 PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by uchihaitachi100
    Well, it depends really. I thought it was one fantastic series....Still is since the manga isn't done. (Though I like the manga 100 times better then the anime) But if you haven't seen it yet, go take a look-see at it and decide if it's awesome for yourself. Maybe you'll see why everyone likes it-maybe you won't and you'll hate it. Who knows? It all depends on your taste.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Member Inuyasha the hedge has a spectacular aura about Inuyasha the hedge has a spectacular aura about Inuyasha the hedge's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2007 06:21 PM
    Threads

I am like in love with FMA! It is like one of the bst anime shows I have ever seen in my entire life. I am a Riza and Roy supporter. I think that they belong together. I like FMA because some of the things I can relate to. I can relate to Ed because he is short and compared to my boyfriend I am like really short. I can relate to Al because he is loving and careing and so am I.

Behold the awsome sig made by DeMoN EyE
    *~My Family~*
    Sister~ kasumi the flower ninja

Still looking for family members

The Real Suga' Baby Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon has a reputation beyond repute Sailor Chibimoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2021 10:39 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

No idea why people think its so good. It looks kind of boring really.

美しい夢みる人

Closed Thread

Thread Information