AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: nihongo wo kakitai no? (so you want to write in Japanese?)

[K_K]'z Death Plague akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla has a reputation beyond repute akiko_kalla's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2007 06:26 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

MichiyoChan:

I don't know chinese, but I have several friends who do. They can read the kanji, althought there are slight alterations in some of them. I think kanji-wise it may help and some words are the same, but there were times when my friends would look at me funny when I would tell them what something meant. So some kanji combinations might be different, but you would already know the concept so it might be easier to memorize. As far as the hiragana, that deals greatly with grammar parts, which I've never figured out how it works in chinese. So if in chinese you don't identify a direct object, indirect object, conjugate the verb, etc. that part might be difficult if you approach it from a chinese base. But like I said, they could usually understand the gist of whatever it was, just not a direct translation. As far as making it easier are more difficult, for kanji it might be easier but for everything else aside from the getting over the "they don't have letters" bit, you'd be as prepared as anyone else knowing two languages.

氷の動物:

Whatever time you choose to spend on it I would say frequency is the key. The more often you use it is going to help you remember it and crystallize it much faster than spending a long period on it with a large gap in between sessions. I can also see that about programming languages not helping with Japanese. If you were take another foreign language for a while I think you'd feel differently, but it's the same reason as why going from one programming language to the next is easier. Knowing html helped me read CSS and javascript, not that they are programing languages, but they didn't do a thing to help with my Japanese. Perhaps maybe keep an online journal in Japanese so you are forced to use it and look up the ways you learned to say thing but may have forgotten and learn new vocabulary?
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

My silence could mean you are not worth the argument.

"For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7 will become famous soon enough kendoka7's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2007 09:12 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I agree with akiko, 氷の動物. The best way to approach Japanese with limited time is by creating a time in the day that you know you can reserve only for Japanese. Once you establish that time frame, stick to it daily, then weekly, and so on. You'll see that Japanese is all about frequency of use, not so much about technical memorization.
    You're lucky that you've already mastered kana and a good chunk of kanji, because now all you need is to build your vocabulary base. Of course there's grammer, but we all hate grammer anyway. ><'
    Just keep at it the best you can, and you'll see that dedication pays off.

Junior Member sapje321 is on a distinguished road sapje321's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

just thought i'd say this... you can actually install a standard language pack from your windows onto the computer. it's like the language that comes up in the language bar at the bottom. it's easier than IME

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information