AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Politics Time

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Politics Time

Well everyone... it is getting to be that time of year again... You see the mud slinging on TV, hear it on the radio. You hear people talking, debating, and sometimes out right arguing about it-- at school, in public, even at home.

If you have parents that are on opposite sides of the political fence, like mine are, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. My father being a conservative republican, and my mother being a middle ground democrat.
    Honestly, it gets old hearing them argue every year, so starting last year, after listening to them argue for over an hour, I finally told them both to shut the hell up for bickering like children. And I've continued to do so every time they start at it again. Funny thing is that it works!

Myself, I dislike both major political parties. So I go independent and pick and choose on the issues. I wish more people did that. A lot of people say they do... But I don't believe that. They vote republican, or they vote democrat. That is almost always the way.

What issues matter to you the most? What changes do you want to see?

Personally I'd like to see these things:

• Reform and higher standards set in our public education systems, along with higher success/graduation rates.
    • Legalization of same sex marriage in every state and US territory.
    • Tax Cuts and Tax Breaks for the middle class, the backbone of the economy, rather than just the big businesses and corporations.

• Lobbyists and special interest groups ousted of our state governments, and the officials/career politicians they supported with them.
    • Net Neutrality to be protected and secured.
    • Bring the troops home, and let the Iraqi's protect their own home with their own military, and then start the gradual withdrawl from Afghanistan.
    • The disintergration of any and all strong religious influence in the government, positions of power, and in schools.
    • Standards and pre-requisites to be set to be eligible for abortion. Irresponsibility and immaturity cannot be an excuse anymore.
    • Equal salary ratios for men and women.
    • Greater environmental standards, acts, and laws, and for them to be enforced. Both on the public, and large industry that pollutes.
    Those are the things I can think off the top of my head that in my opinon, really need to change. There are probably more that I can't think of at this moment for whatever reason.

So what matters to you? What do you want to change? Even if you can't vote because you aren't old enough, go ahead and respond. The changes will effect all of us.

If you are going to bash the system, or the US or just deconstructively criticize everything, I ask that you just don't post. I'm not looking for a flame war to start.
    Last edited by Kishiro; 10-26-2006 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Highlight Color Change, by popular demand threats. ;3

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I hate election time because every TV show is riddled with stupid mud slinging campaign ads. Showing how one is the supposed lesser of 2 evils. Like some witty 30 second bit is going to show me what a monster the other idiot is, and how saintly the current idiot is. All in all I hate politics. I know enough to make my educated decision, but I hate it.

The media is always slandering one poor guy, while the words of mouth are always slandering another. Its all very childish, "yeah I might have done that, but look what timmy did its 10 times worse!! IS SWEAR!"

The Goddess has spoken
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What matters for me? I'm really not an issues type of person. This is because I really don't put much faith in politics. Trying to affect politics is at best like playing tug-o-war with a lamp post. Most politicians are interested in getting elected, more than they are in actually changing things for the better.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Myrra's stalker. Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiro
    Personally I'd like to see these things:

• Reform and higher standards set in our public education systems, along with higher success/graduation rates.
    • Legalization of same sex marriage in every state and US territory.
    • Tax Cuts and Tax Breaks for the middle class, the backbone of the economy, rather than just the big businesses and corporations.
    • Lobbyists and special interest groups ousted of our state governments, and the officials/career politicians they supported with them.
    • Net Neutrality to be protected and secured.
    • Bring the troops home, and let the Iraqi's protect their own home with their own military, and then start the gradual withdrawl from Afghanistan.
    • The disintergration of any and all strong religious influence in the government, positions of power, and in schools.
    • Standards and pre-requisites to be set to be eligible for abortion. Irresponsibility and immaturity cannot be an excuse anymore.
    • Equal salary ratios for men and women.
    • Greater environmental standards, acts, and laws, and for them to be enforced. Both on the public, and large industry that pollutes.
    Let see...

Reform- I agree but it all depend if the students are that serious about their future.
    Legalization- I agree 100%.
    Tax Cuts- If people starts to complain about why the roads aren't repair, the brige hasn't been built yet, etc., then start digging into your wallets.
    Lobbyists- Impeach them fools.
    Net Neutrality- Probably not a big issue for now.
    Bring the troops home- Agree. Iraq has become another Vietnam. Once again, America's top leaders fail to read their history lesson.
    Disintergration- 100% agree.
    Standrads- Only if we eliminate the death penalty.
    Equal- How about equality pay between the classes?
    Environmental standards- Should have done that 10+ years ago.

Also legal rights for immigrate. Note: This is my opinon.

Credit goes to PhoenixChan*~ for this set.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior
    Lobbyists- Impeach them fools.
    You really can't impeach a lobbyist. They're not elected or hold some sort of political office to impeach them from.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Let see...

Also legal rights for immigrate. Note: This is my opinon.
    I think it should be easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens too.

This country is founded on immigrants, people who left their old homes, came and risked everything to make a new life. Heck, the original settlers were immigrants that paid nothing and did no paper work to live on this side of the earth.

To try and make it so hard for others to come live here is a ridiculous idea. But the big wigs try to make it out to seem that if you want them to be able to live here, that you are unpatriotic, and evil.

I mean, if they become legal, they'll be paying in to social security, and then there won't be such a confused question as to where all the jobs went to. Not to mention hispanic workers are some of the hardest damn workers I've ever seen. And they don't complain about their job either. They have a better work ethic than most Americans, and they'll work whatever hours they have to, to get their pay.

Myrra's stalker. Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Celtic Warrior's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2008 08:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmannen
    You really can't impeach a lobbyist. They're not elected or hold some sort of political office to impeach them from.
    Most of the lobby are in Congress or the Senate and yes, you can impeach someone who isn't a President and/or Vice-President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeach..._United_States

Credit goes to PhoenixChan*~ for this set.

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Most of the lobby are in Congress or the Senate and yes, you can impeach someone who isn't a President and/or Vice-President.

A lobbyist is someone who tries to affect the politicians to do their bidding. Usually a lobbyist is skilled in convincing politicians, but they rarely ever have an office or a seat in a parliment of their own.

That's what's so sneaky about lobbyism, you can't impeach it.

I can do the wikipedia thing as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbyist

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What she meant is that you can't impeach someone who isn't in a government office. Lobbyists are people like the owner of Fox Networks. They fund special interest groups, and get "soft money" to the candidates that they back up, through things like dinner parties, seeing as how there is a cap on all the "hard money" (offcial donations, via checks and cash) a candidate can receive from any one person.

Soft money is the fuel of the campaign process. The money for all the mud slinging doesn't come from our tax dollars, thankfully. They get paid to do it in exchange the corporations is big tax breaks and cuts.

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

yes at one point most of us were immigrants, but mine came in legally through Ellis island, as per the rules and regulations of the US governemnt. If you are going to sneak across the border, no you don't deserve the right or an easier chance to be a citizen. There are a lot of nice legal ways to become an immigrant or American Citizen. Idiots who sneak across the border should not be given any special treatment or citizenship.

The Goddess has Spoken

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

I'm not a fan of the "political season": the endless mud-slinging; the obviously bias of the media when they try to report on it; all the crap and false promises that come out of the mouths of politicians. My mom is a Democrat, which is fine; but the thing that ticks me off is that she is a Democrat who doesn't know the canidates or the issues. You see, she agrees with Kanye West and most rappers in that, republicans don't care about the poor, the black population, or our needs in general. Too much Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, I guess.

But I am an Independent: I look at the issues and my value, and choose whom I vote for accordingly. I tell you, I used to HATE Bush because of my mom's political ignorance and influence; but now, I'm agreeing with them on more things than with Democrats. Out of all the radio shows I listen to, Micheal Savage's "The Savage Nation" seems to be the only one with an independent mindset like my own. But maybe I'm wrong.

Issues:

Gay Marriage: This issue is absolutely annoying. With the divorce rate being so darn high, I don't think that marriages are doing all that well to begin with. So, why complain about two men or two women hurting marriage, when heterosexuals are doing a much more damaging job of that? I don't mind it being called a "Civil Union" - it pleases both sides of the issues by protecting the "good name of marriage" and giving people an (somewhat) equal shot at it. The again, I also think that the decision should be in the hands of the voter, but NOT the government - that's key.

Abortion: It should be legal, but only for women age 18 or older. MAYBE allowing girls with parental permission to get abortion wouldn't be too awful, but (except for the whole rape thing) these young girls shouldn't even be in that situation to begin with. So, I would stick with my 18 or older bit.

Environment: We don't need fools like Al Gore constantly telling us that the environment needs to be protected - duh. We need to take the steps necessary to keep our suroundings healthy, but we can't just rush everything at once. Humanity, for the most part, has been spoiled by gas-gusslers and it's not going to change overnight. Oh, and I'm sick of some environmentalist who try to paint humanity as evil and oppressive - go live on a farm if you want to, little hippie, but I'm sticking to the city. Thanks.

Net Neutrality: A no-brainer for me - Kishiro is right.

Tax cuts: Yep, the middle class is what keeps the U.S. thriving, so cut us a break. Big business makes plenty of money, and I'm not asking for socialism to replace the U.S.'s capitalistic economy - I like capitalism - but the people with the most money aren't necessarily the most important.

There are more issues for me, but it would take a while to hit them all.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I could care less about non-presidential elections. I don't have the will to look up the stats of the gubernatorial candidates, mostly because I'm sure they'll be equally ineffective at doing anything decent for this malformed appendage we call Florida. On the plus side, Jeb Bush (G.W.'s Brother) can't be re-elected. Yay for Term Limits.

As far as Senators or Congressman go, I'm not even sure if any in my district are up for election, and I could hardly care less.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Anime Fanatic Old_Toonami_Fangirl is on a distinguished road Old_Toonami_Fangirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 07:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako
    I hate election time because every TV show is riddled with stupid mud slinging campaign ads. Showing how one is the supposed lesser of 2 evils. Like some witty 30 second bit is going to show me what a monster the other idiot is, and how saintly the current idiot is. All in all I hate politics. I know enough to make my educated decision, but I hate it.

The media is always slandering one poor guy, while the words of mouth are always slandering another. Its all very childish, "yeah I might have done that, but look what timmy did its 10 times worse!! IS SWEAR!"

The Goddess has spoken
    I know right? I hate this time of year because of all the stupid mud slinging and stuff. I agree with you both. It's childish.

Gay Marriage: In my opinion this shouldn't be legal at all. A marriage is between a man and a woman and that's how it should be to start with. Seriously it's not right for two people of the same sex to marry one another. And if they come to our state and try to legalize same sex marriage, then I know for a fact that people aren't going to let that one go without a fight!!!!

Abortion: once again I don't think this should be legal. I mean no matter what the situation the mother is in it is killing a human being. No matter what trimester the mother is in. She could have the baby and then give it to an adoption place or something. It's not the baby's fault!! don't kill a human being!!!

I might have a little more later on. These subjects just make me mad. I don't want to see either of them become legal..

Bringing the troops home: I think everyone needs to stop pestering bush about this. The troops are doing their job over there to restore peace in Iraq. Little by little (From what I've heard) they are coming home.) so leave the president alone about it!!!

Those are the things that REALLY matters to me.

~Rini~
    Last edited by Old_Toonami_Fangirl; 10-26-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Chibi Chibi Is so adorable.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Toonami_Fangirl
    I know right? I hate this time of year because of all the stupid mud slinging and stuff. I agree with you both. It's childish.

Gay Marriage: In my opinion this shouldn't be legal at all. A marriage is between a man and a woman and that's how it should be to start with. Seriously it's not right for two people of the same sex to marry one another. And if they come to our state and try to legalize same sex marriage, then I know for a fact that people aren't going to let that one go without a fight!!!!

Abortion: once again I don't think this should be legal. I mean no matter what the situation the mother is in it is killing a human being. No matter what trimester the mother is in. She could have the baby and then give it to an adoption place or something. It's not the baby's fault!! don't kill a human being!!!

I might have a little more later on. These subjects just make me mad. I don't want to see either of them become legal..

Bringing the troops home: I think everyone needs to stop pestering bush about this. The troops are doing their job over there to restore peace in Iraq. Little by little (From what I've heard) they are coming home.) so leave the president alone about it!!!

Those are the things that REALLY matters to me.

~Rini~
    I respect your opinion. Your right to an opinion. And the fact that you have one.

However, I disagree with you on two things.

I don't see how two people of the same sex getting married is hurting you or anyone else. It certainly isn't taking away the rights or liberties of anyone else. In all truth, no one and nothing can be harmed by two people getting married, one way or the other. So why try to prohibit it? Bigotry? A phobia? Lack of understanding, or is it just religion that brings all this on. Please, explain.

As far as the troops go, I'm not sure what kind of idea you have about their situations in the various places in the middle east. I don't even know if you have been touched or affected directly by the circumstances with troops, but I have. My father has gone to war and come home. My friends are there now. My brother just finished bootcamp. And close friends from around the area have lost their lives in that war. As far as Iraq goes, I think the new Iraqi army is capable of defending and managing their own country. They want to, but the USA hasn't turned over control to them yet. Why? I don't know. Heck, the US trained them, you'd think they'd have faith in the people they trained.

On the subject of Abortion. I don't like it. I frown upon it. It is an easy out. If you don't want kids, don't have sex. If you aren't ready to handle or support kids, don't have sex. It's that simple. But being much more realistic about it, I have to point out that abortion will probably never become outlawed. And that it IS already legal in most states for girls 16 and older without parental consent. Just thought you should know.

yes at one point most of us were immigrants, but mine came in legally through Ellis island, as per the rules and regulations of the US governemnt. If you are going to sneak across the border, no you don't deserve the right or an easier chance to be a citizen. There are a lot of nice legal ways to become an immigrant or American Citizen. Idiots who sneak across the border should not be given any special treatment or citizenship.

The Goddess has Spoken
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a rather lengthy process to become legalized? Further more, it is near 100 dollars, PLUS INS fees to become a citizen. Money they could be sending home to family for food, water, shelter, and clothes. I marvel at how some people come to Cincinnati and work for years before going home to see their families, just to make money for them to live better.

I don't think making the process a little easier, and cheaper (if not completely free) is all that bad of an idea. It may have a couple of pitfalls, but if there were more legal immigrants, the complaint about illegals would decrease. So is it that certain people don't want an increase of potential illegals, or is it that thy just don't want foreigners? Are they looking to go back to the "closed door policy" and a form of isolationism? Because that is what it will resemble if we turn away immigrants just because they don't have enough money. Which is ironic in a sense, because they come here to make money that they've never had.

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not sure, ask Igor, he did it quite recently. He came over with NOTHING and was able to get citizenship. Making it easier would increase the massive influx of people into the country beyond what the country can support. We can't have a population boom like what happened in China. We have to weigh what the country can sustain in a physical sense to who is being born, because they take precidence, and who is doing it the right way. Not make it easier for people who are sneaking in without registering to be citizens.

We have to take care of our own first. Its sad we can't take care of everyone, but then again its not our responsibility. Making the process easier won't help anyone but other people. We have to keep in mind the welfare of our country first, where are all these people going to go? Should we flatten yellowstone? How about the Grand Tetons? These are things that the census takes into consideration, and the Department of Immigration. We triage who we can help, helping say (HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE WARNING DON'T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH) a mexican who is poor and farming just to feed his family and barely surviving, compared to an Iraqi who is being shot at every day and worries for their life and children under a tyranical dictator who runs a totalitarian society. Well Thats a decision that the DoI has to make. Its rough, but we can't take both, you have to figure who is going to work, which is going to add to the betterment of society, do they have a criminal past? We have a set amount that we can accept due to space, availability of jobs, and present births/deaths/population size.

Its not as easy as you make it sound. Should it be easier? no. All that will lead to is massive overpopulation with immigrants beyond what the environmental capacity of the physical land we habitate. While it sounds pretty to say "lets help them, lets let them all in!! Come bring me your weak... oh wait..." Realistically it won't work.

The Goddess has Spoken

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure, ask Igor, he did it quite recently. He came over with NOTHING and was able to get citizenship. Making it easier would increase the massive influx of people into the country beyond what the country can support. We can't have a population boom like what happened in China. We have to weigh what the country can sustain in a physical sense to who is being born, because they take precidence, and who is doing it the right way. Not make it easier for people who are sneaking in without registering to be citizens.
    Seriously, I don't mean to disrespect in any way, but that is just nonsense. The US is vast, and most of it is unused. The US has an area of 9,631,420 km^2, and a population of ~300,000,000.

The EU has an area of 3,976,372 km^2. A third of the US, yet a population that is roughly 460,000,000. We've got 50% more people living on an area that is a third of the size of the US. And it is not by any means cramped.

The EU has 115 people per square kilometer, the US has a mere 31. You could TRIPLE your population without much of a fuss.

WelcomeToThunderdomeBetch FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle has a reputation beyond repute FarEastStyle's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2011 01:36 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Im glad I get to vote this year, theres alot of things trying to get passed in my state I'd like to vote against. Plus a new Governor wouldn't hurt.

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

we like our parks and space. You have to take into account alot of that land is undevelopable and protected. Grand Canyon, Indian Reservations or Holy Land, Yellowstone National Park, and most of Alaska is uninhabitable by normal people. You'd be pretty hard pressed to try to get people to develop it, considering Greenpeace and any other tree hugging agency would be so up in arms they'd revive chaining themselves to the nearest chlorophyllic life form and get every Liberal Media outlet to show them on TV, Radio and Sattelite.... No politician would touch that with a 10000 ft pole.

So re do some of those numbers subtracting the land that is not able to be lived on due to its protected nature and maybe you'll convince me ^^

The Goddess has Spoken

Kurtz's partner in crime lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun is infamous around these parts lucky leprachaun's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2006 06:37 PM
    in your closet, so don't try to find me...
    Threads

THE ONLY THING THAT I WANT DONE IS...
    TO RESTORE OUR ECONOMY TO ITS FORMER GLORY.
    please good rep me i know the rules now and i don't want to be alone because my rep...
    *sniffle*
    current rep

super perv, sniper, and mech pilot,
    Kurtz Webber. my hero...

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

we like our parks and space. You have to take into account alot of that land is undevelopable and protected. Grand Canyon, Indian Reservations or Holy Land, Yellowstone National Park, and most of Alaska is uninhabitable by normal people. You'd be pretty hard pressed to try to get people to develop it, considering Greenpeace and any other tree hugging agency would be so up in arms they'd revive chaining themselves to the nearest chlorophyllic life form and get every Liberal Media outlet to show them on TV, Radio and Sattelite.... No politician would touch that with a 10000 ft pole.

So re do some of those numbers subtracting the land that is not able to be lived on due to its protected nature and maybe you'll convince me ^^

The Goddess has Spoken
    You don't seem to grasp the land we're speaking of here. If the Americans would cramp up like we do in Europe (and that is by no means cramped), you would only be using 27% of your land. Are you saying that almost three quarters of the US is national parks or otherwise uninhabitable? Because that sounds just a wee bit stupid.

Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

well minus farm land, and other uninhabitable areas such as gravel pits, everglades, deserts, and you can't just say "hey we want to let more people in, so we're going to bust down your house and move it over another 50 feet so we can build 10 more at the end of the street." Thats just as silly. I understand the vastness, but you have to adjust to what is already there and what is unusable. then letting a massive influx in isn't right. You have to control populations, and the lay of the land, and jobs. Asking people to move their already existing houses is just as silly as what you're stating as well.

Miami is trying to build in a more condensed area to accomidate more people, but since we don't have a lot of preexisting areas, houses, cities that have been layed out for centuries, people who have the money, have the option of living on 8 acres of land or more. Its not fair to take that right away from them.

Figure out whats already develeoped, unusable etc and then tell me how much left we have for this massive amount of people we're supposed to be letting in.

The Goddess has Spoken

Gil
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Nobody would take anything away. Nobody would knock your house down. The free market would take care of that. With a sudden influx of people demand for new construction would skyrocket, with it land value almost everywhere, so what would happen is that you would find that you could sell your home for an outrageously large sum of money to make room for an apartment complex to house this new population.

Closed Thread

Thread Information