AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Recommend some music to me.

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Recommend some music to me.

Please read this before posting.

Alright. I've found my music situation to be much like that of my book situation. I have a sizeable chunk of music in my library, but I'm starting to feel as if I've listened to everything one too many times (with an exception of my favorite group of all time).

Recommend to me one of your favorite bands/groups/artists. I'm not picky as to which genre they belong; when I ask for your recommendation, I want to hear about something that's moved you, inspired you, or has done anything else important and/or meaningful for you.

If you're going to recommend something that's already been suggested, you may still tell me, but please make note to me that you're aware it's already been listed in a previous post.

And as a last request, please, PLEASE indicate why you're recommending this to me. Does it remind you of me? Why's it your favorite? What's so special about it? Please take the time to tell me, because I'm going to take the time to reply to your suggestion.

Thank you, everyone. =) And check back, because I will reply to everyone.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

I recommend an Australlian band called Jet. They sing about interesting things, and sometimes it's hard to grasp what. They're main inspiration is The Beatles, and they sound like a hard rock version of The Beatles. I like them because they're music is catchy, and it has meaning. If you're a hard rock fan, you'll love Jet.

This site has a couple samples of their songs:
    Here
    Last edited by Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki; 12-03-2006 at 11:32 AM.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Cookie-brained Fox kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan has a reputation beyond repute kyubichan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2007 05:54 AM
    Threads

Try this link:

Direction

It's a rock song by a Pinoy band called Slapshock. I'll recommend it because first of all, it's in English. Second, I am currently hooked to it. I like the overall sound of this song. I liked Slapshock back when they were new, but their succeeding albums were lackluster. Direction is a nice change of pace from their music that went from breakthrough to mainstream. I imagine it would make a cool anime theme ^^ I hope you don't hate it.

EDIT:
    Slapshock is a rock band. They sometimes add rap/hiphop elements to their songs, mostly in their older releases. They used to belong under "rap metal", but "Direction" is certainly a new sound for them.
    Last edited by kyubichan; 12-03-2006 at 11:47 AM.

(PM option is off. I refuse to hear people whine.)

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Pengin-san: Ah, thank you! You know, I've heard of Jet in passing, from my brother. I never really took interest in anything that he listens to, because I knew that we had almost radically different tastes in music. However, I'll visit the website you've left for me, and I'll sample some of the music. If I like it, I may just give it a better look!

It's never a bad idea to deviate from what you normally listen to, and take a good look at something else. I've always prided myself on having a broad selection (which I do), but now I notice that I have very little rock. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to expand my collection. And, lastly, thank you for your thoughts.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

kyubichan: I've never heard of Slapshock before. And what you've described happens to so many groups... it really is a sad thing. I'll take a look at it though. What kind of music is it?

Owned by Pyro <3 *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere* is a splendid one to behold *insertjapanesenamehere*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2007 09:22 PM
    Threads

i recommend underoath for you. it's screamo (as in they scream the lyrics most of the time) but still, if you keep an open mind and listen to the words, the songs are really good. the newer album is better, but the older ones still show their talent. their music fits in any occassion (like any mood youre in)

unless you have a headache, then ya might want to listen to something softer.

"Idle hands are the devil's playground..."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

*fdjsklfdjkl*: (=3) Underoath? My brother's a huge Underoath fan. I've generally shied (shyed? Can I spell?) away from music whose lyrics are screamed. When I've browsed for more metal to listen to, I've always immediately said no to the bands whose vocalist sounds like an angry cow. However, since you recommended it to me, I might actually let my brother pop in his CD on the way home, tonight. >3

I'd also like to thank you for recommending something quite popular. I don't want people to think that just because I'm asking for something meaningful to them, it has to be something super-deep and obscure.

I'll give it a look!

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think you should listen to Panic! At the Disco.
    They are a Emo/Punk Rock band and they are awesome.
    Their music always has a beat to it and the lyrics are very cute and funny and strange all at the same time.
    My favorite songs of theirs are
    There's a Good reason the Tables are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Figured it out yet.
    But its Better If You Do

Here's a link for , But its Better If You Do

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Jagan Eye: Panic! At The Disco? ...Dear, I won't tell you my immediate, completely involuntary reaction to that suggestion...

But okay. I'm still going to honor your request.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Lol...what do you mean????

Well its Ok...if you don't check them out.
    I've got a better suggestion.
    Bullet For My Valentine.

They are a good band, but I think you should see for your self.
    I'll give you the link for Tears Don't Fall.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

Hot damn you're getting some crap music suggestions =/

Alright, let's see here. I gather you've heard of my favorite band The Red Hot Chili Peppers? Well, if you never listened to them I suggest giving them a go. They have a kickbutt Post Punk/Funk/metal sound with insightful lyrics, along with a singer who has a great vocal range and a soothing voice, while on the flip side they write bangin' punk rock songs with the only rap that I tolerate. Great for easy listening, chilling out, and rocking out.

I also suggest audioslave. Audioslave is a straight up rock band, with a hint of hard rock. Just a great all around band, decent drumming, kickin' bass, and good guitar player (in some circles, he's hard to listen to when he goes off on a tangent).

I'll also mention Neal Schon, lead guitarist of Journey who went solo. His latest album, I on U, is a great guitar album. It's kind of a mix between Santana and Journey. It's a different sound, mixing elements of Techno, Shred. Add one prog rock virtuoso and we have ourselves one great listening experience.

Also check out dream theater. They are an awesome band. technically a metal band, but with more...music? I don't know how to explain it, you'd just have to give it a listen

That's about all I can think of right now without delving into my power metal/Death Metal folder haha. Hope that helps!
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Masali: I honestly wouldn't know if they were crap music suggestions. I've never really listened to anything that was recommended so far. And what happened to my -one- recommendation? >3 I'm not going to badger you, though.

As for the Chili Peppers... yes, I've heard a few songs. From what I've read about them, I've gathered that their style of music has changed as the years progressed...? You'd know better than I would. I look deeper into them. =)

Not a fan of Audioslave. =/ But... eh? If you have a specific, really good song of theirs, I'll listen to it.

I didn't know Neal Schol went solo? I like both Santana and Journey. Neat.

One of my favorite songs is a Dream Theater song. "Take the Time." I absolutely love that song.

Senior Member Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali has a reputation beyond repute Masali's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 12:14 PM
    Threads

oh...ONE.

My bad >_>
    All The Ways You Wish Could Be? That's me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

--Laughs and ruffles his hair.--

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

The Birthday Massacre (yes, a vampirefreaks profile.. but it has seven full songs to sample )

They're not one of my absolute favourites, but I do like them. They're a fairly popular darkwave band, who have some very pretty, atmospheric songs. It's not anything revolutionary, but they do it well and don't take themselves too seriously (unlike many similar bands).

I'd recommend listening to Happy Birthday and Video Kid first, those two seem to be considered their best.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hyperaesthesia: That sounds right up my alley, actually. I've actually heard of them, but never really checked them out. Well, seems like a good time to!

Thanks for the suggestion. =)

Why don't fingers fing? Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii has a reputation beyond repute Kewii's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Did you just ruffle Masali's hair? Right....

Please see our J-Pop/Music forum for music discussion.

Closed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information