I maybe out of the so-called "anime loop", because I have never even heard of this anime, before I saw it advertised on AS. I went ahead and bought Volume 1 Saturday, and I must say that I really enjoyed watching it! Here is a synopsis of what the anime is all about, for those of you who have yet to see it or have never even heard of it.

Noein
Manga Entertainment
Running time: 157 min +25 min extras

In the near future, a violent battle takes place between the dimension La'cryma (protector of humanity) and the dimension Shangi-La, bent on the annihilation of all spacetime.
A group known as the Dragon Calvary is dispatched through space and time, searching for the only thing that can stop the invasion: the Dragon's Torque.
In the present, 12 year old Haruka and her friend Yuu are contemplating running away from home when they meet a member of the Dragon Calvary named Karasu (Crow). He believes that Haruka possesses the Dragon's Torque-and claims to be Yuu from 15 years in the future...

Volume 1 contains 5 episodes and is dubbed and subbed in English.

The first episode, it starts off with a huge battle, and I was thinking to myself.."okayyy..why are they fighting..and who is who?" It's a bit confusing at first..but as you watch the rest of the episodes, it all becomes very clear to you.
The characters are very well written, as is the storyline itself. The animation isn't the greatest I've seen, but that doesn't distract me from the story.
The action is intense, and the characters are deeply emotional. (especially Yuu.)

All in all, so far, this series is a keeper and I am really looking forward to the 2nd Volume.

If anyone else has seen this new series, please comment on it.