AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: buy or rent?

hit with insane stick razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default buy or rent?

i think this might help people out when getting games. i dont know how many times i have bought a game for an arm and a leg just for it to be horrible.

that being said:
    what games are good to rent?

what games are good to buy?
    A SPLENDIFOURUS SITE FOR VIDEO GAME LOVERS.. Or so I would like to think XD Please click the banner.

i love random pms! they tickle

random pms: 15
    more please?

Senior Member DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince has a reputation beyond repute DarkMoonPrince's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Heart Carrot Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2013 03:50 PM
    Threads

football games are good to rent and RPG games are good to rent, because, when you're done beating the RPG game a few times, you're gonna get bored, But sports games you can keep on playing. . .

*in love with kyle busch* Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend has a reputation beyond repute Music Fiend's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 12:01 PM
    Threads

I actually don't think that most RPGs make for good rentals (especially, when they are really lengthy). Sure, most RPGs are good for only a couple of playthroughs, but if you're going to take 40+ hours to complete it, and you don't have a lot of time on your hands, you might as well buy it. I rented Tales of Symphonia and thought that I had beaten the game in the 5-day limit. That is, until I saw that second disc in the box. I just bought it. If you got something like one of those online rental places where you get to keep the game for a good while, then it can work, I guess. Short action games, like Shadow of the Colossus, make for good rentals. God of War is a good purchase, but you might want to rent it first.

Bite Me! Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou has a reputation beyond repute Kaikou's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2009 01:13 AM
    Threads

I have to agree, GOOD Rpg games are ment to be bought so are fighting/gun games.

It depends on the persons taste, mostly. But I think sports games are a waste of money. I'm a RPG freak. I need to have them all. I need to. It's like collecting almost. Of course I play them though.

I'll only rent games to decide wether they're worth buying. Thats all renting is good for.
    Last edited by Kaikou; 09-23-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Junior Member .Hack//Tsuakasa is on a distinguished road .Hack//Tsuakasa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2006 02:33 PM
    Threads

lol.
    when you find true love.....she breaks your heart,but the pain and sufering will only lead you to the one true love.....or screw you up.
    ~Francisco J. Reza

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24 is a splendid one to behold KRPrincess24's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2007 03:29 PM
    Threads

well really, i don't like to rent b/c then i end up wanting to keep the game...lolz
    Made By: Wonderwice
    Thanks<333
    PM me if u wanna join my family!

Senior Member Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison has much to be proud of Anime is poison's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2007 01:53 PM
    Threads

Cheap games are good to buy cuz with the price of rentals, you have nothing to lose.

Newer games are good to rent so you don't blow $50 on a piece of crap game. Unless you are pretty confident and did your homework by reading many reviews, best rent it first.

Star-Crossed Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku has a reputation beyond repute Buruku's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2010 04:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0202-0359-4623-9027

Game reviews from a reliable site help, or a friends opinion if thats possible. I never rent games, but thats just me. And I think I have mostly had good luck with not ending up with any bad eggs, but yeah I've baught some lousy ones before. If your really concerned about not ending up with a crap game then sure rentings a good idea. wuteva.
    Last edited by Buruku; 10-27-2006 at 12:58 PM.
    A MaruDashi Creation

Senior Member Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie has much to be proud of Kawaii_Junkie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2007 05:06 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Vicarious Tool~
    I actually don't think that most RPGs make for good rentals (especially, when they are really lengthy). Sure, most RPGs are good for only a couple of playthroughs, but if you're going to take 40+ hours to complete it, and you don't have a lot of time on your hands, you might as well buy it. I rented Tales of Symphonia and thought that I had beaten the game in the 5-day limit. That is, until I saw that second disc in the box. I just bought it. If you got something like one of those online rental places where you get to keep the game for a good while, then it can work, I guess. Short action games, like Shadow of the Colossus, make for good rentals. God of War is a good purchase, but you might want to rent it first.
    Well said.

I hardly ever rent games though.

There is something about feeling rushed, that turns me off to renting games.

Yet, I have bought many games that weren't all that great because of this problem of mine.
    .candy coated disposable teen.

Senior Member MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24 has a reputation beyond repute MoonPrincess24's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2008 05:08 PM
    Threads

well, i don't rent games that much, depends if it was a game that i really wanted to play and was expensive, i'll rent it...
    Set made by Megami91 ~Thank you so much<333
    i'm so rad! [:

Senior Member The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man has a reputation beyond repute The Wing Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash Tron LightCycle Falcon
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2023 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I only buy games that are long and worth playing for a long time, I rent most of the time because I can finish alot of games in a few days and I don't wanna watse money.
    -TWM-

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

I rent a game once a month, but that's only because I got "12 free rentals with purchase of my game console". Otherwise I just buy them (and thats why I only have two games lol)

Anime Fanatic Old_Toonami_Fangirl is on a distinguished road Old_Toonami_Fangirl's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2006 07:37 AM
    Threads

I would rather rent a video game and try it out first. because if you buy it and you don't like it, you waste your money. I've done that before. Or I just borrow the game from my friend for a little while and try it out. My friend usually has the game i'm looking for.

Chibi Chibi Is so adorable.

Closed Thread

Thread Information