AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Playground Obsessions

~Temptress Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 10:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Playground Obsessions

I was just wondering, when you were in school (or even if you still are in school) What is the most memorable "fad" that swept across the playground?

In my school life their were several, the best IMO being Pogs and Yoyo's.

Pogs in particular were interesting because students actually placed stakes on them (You got to keep any opponent pogs that you overturned) I myself was undisputed Queen of the Pog until somebody stole my lucky coin from my desk. XD

And Yoyo's, when I was 13 all of a sudden EVERYONE had one, with all these nifty little features (flashing lights, clutches, etc) They drove the teachers absolutely mad with them.

So, what do you remember the whole school being into? Was there anything you were really good at?

Accio Brains - Ron Weasley

the local clown I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock has a reputation beyond repute I<3ShellShock's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2007 02:22 PM
    Threads

Um.Football.
    NOT

100% Vitamin C Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan has a reputation beyond repute Ami~chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    Threads

Pokemon cards, YuGiOh, YoYos, and... Hmm... Lemme think...

That's probably it; those things swept the school like the plague.
    -Back! From Outer Space!-
    -Soldats Royal Family-

Matsu-Matsu-San Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto has a reputation beyond repute Matsumoto's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2008 11:53 AM
    Threads

haha we had yoyo's back in the day

~*Inspired by Skyla_G*~

[Justin Wong]: Im the Greatest Street Fighter player in the world!!!
    [Rival Deigo]: Street fighter is over-rated...Just like spelling!

Heartless Angel Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost has a reputation beyond repute Alice Lost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Cake Heart Katana
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2024 01:42 PM
    Threads

Jump rope, Yu-gi-oh cards, Running, Racing

The spawn of Lou Barlow! Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri has a reputation beyond repute Tsuna Kadiri's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-22-2010 08:10 PM
    Threads

Crazy Bones. You know, those little figurines that you'd trade and try to collect them all. I had a ton of those.
    Some kids would get nasty over those things, too. If you had one of the rare ones (like Eggy or that other rectangle looking thing) then they'd get their friends and start ganging up on you.
    I miss Crazy Bones. I still have a few, spread out around the house somewhere.

Also, Pokemon cards, Yo-Yos, Gel Pens (when they first came out in about the 4th grade, people brought 40+ of them to school just to show them off). Those are the main ones I remember.

bachiatari akanbe ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu has much to be proud of ~Oukoku Inmetsu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2006 08:21 AM
    Threads

Well, pokemon cards to be honest. The whole freaking school just like, had a case of the pokemon madness. Remember when Burger King used to have that special wed. night when you get to go trade and what not? Yeah, it would be jampacked full of kids battling and trading back and forth.. Like you could get the toys and trade them too. I still have my talking pikachu, that was quite the rare commodity. It was so sad now that i think of it, but their used to be fights over certain trades, like if a kid got ripped off he'd be all super ticked and would just literally go shove the kid who traded him it. Not to mention the game itself, their would be link cables everywhere. Of course it'd be cheater fights because everyone used rare candies but seriously. My school had the fever and it didn't stop till sixth grade where it was, "uncool," to play pokemon. To be honest i still play the video game today. >D I think it's quite fun. It's like it's so addicting, their is coc powder sprinkled on the cartridge. Though sadly i put a lot of my free money into that TCG. v.v; Depresses me because now i rarely get twenty bucks a month.
    ~Made By Marudashi
    "kiesaru kono sekai de anata to aishi tsuzukeru

tamerai mo mayoi mo iranai
    tsuite oide..."
    Gackt: Illness Illusion

(Translation:In this world that melts away, I'll continue to love you

Faltering and lost and unneeded
    Come here with me...)

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Haha the Crazy Bones were awesome.

The biggest fad was by far the Tamagochis and Pokémon. since I went to two different schools each had their own 'fad'. o.O

Ironically, I still have both - at least three tamagochis in a cupboard that will work prividing batteries are installed, and I still have the book of pokemon cards that I got.

I still can't believe the very first card I bought and saw was a Shiny Raichu card. O_o; I was like ZOMG.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

~Temptress Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

Pokemon Cards were amazing. I remember the dorkiest kid in my year had a shiny japanese Charizard and BAM, he was the most popular guy in the entire school. Lol, at break times kids would be sat in the playground looking over someones shoulder while they were sorting out there cards. The people watching this person would be like "Need, need, need, got, got, need, got, REALLY NEED, got, got, need"

Accio Brains - Ron Weasley

how 2 u sociul plz? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2017 11:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hahaha LOL.

Guilty.

I still remember the first Pokemon card I actually got. My friend had a lot of doubles so he just gave me them before I actually bought my first booster pack and it was a Dark Pikachu.

XDDDD

Some people were really bad losers though. I remember beating someone on the bus on the way to school and they tried to beat me up for it - still on the bus.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

My signature was so old it broke. RIP signature.

Bleach-ified {♥} Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko has a reputation beyond repute Mei Aiko's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2006 04:25 PM
    Dancing in London with my pet racoon... O_O
    Threads

Tether Ball, and...you guessed it, Pokemon cards. =D

Everybody loved Pokemon...you had to be careful were you stepped because there was always at least a group of small children on the ground, screaming 'PIKACHU, I CHOOSE YOU!' And Tether Ball...gah, they were always jampacked. Heh. ;D
    -Siggy/Avvy set by the one and only Gan!-

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Magic The Gathering, and Pokemon were the trading cards of those days for me. Yoyos are awesome. I still have a bunch of Brains left. And Four Square, Kickball, and soccer and... I miss Recess. T.T

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky has a reputation beyond repute DuckyInMyTrucky's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-13-2009 02:41 PM
    Threads

Magic the gathering and yu-gi-oh.

I didnt get real big into it but a few of my buds were big in it. Select few of them kind of made the game not fun though unfortuantely.....(bad loosers)
    I'm as graceful as a gazelle galloping over glistening green grass with it's head on fire.

Anything you want to say to me? PM me.

Senior Member Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix has a reputation beyond repute Genghis Beatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Tiger Saturn Silence Glaive Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2013 07:26 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: generallylame

When I lived in Cali, it was tether ball, wall ball, and jump rope.
    There is no absolute right and wrong. People judge as right what they personally consider pleasant, and judge as wrong what they personally consider unpleasant. Convincing others of what is right cannot be equated with teaching the Truth. It is just teaching others to agree with you. It is not about putting an end to error, but putting an end to opinions contrary to your own perceptions.
    ~Lao Tzu

The Original Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper has a reputation beyond repute Piper's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Witch Hat Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-09-2021 10:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can't believe this wasn't mentioned yet, but MARBLES! I played Marbles like every day in elementery school. That was like THE thing to do. Oh it was so much fun. xD

Senior Member Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia has much to be proud of Hyperaesthesia's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-02-2008 11:44 AM
    Threads

I remember pogs! I collected them, and I never even played with them because I didn't want to lose any. I was a bit old to collect Pokemon cards, but I remember my brother loved them. I was never into yoyos, although I had one, but I did like my Tamagotchi and Furby (which sat under my bed singing to itself in a sinister manner- it didn't last very long)

Before that, I remember crazes for cupcake dolls- you tucked them into their skirt and they became a cake, Magic Eye puzzles, Power Ranger games in the playground.. and that's all I can think of now.

No, your face! samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent is a splendid one to behold samuriagent's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-21-2008 01:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna Kadiri
    [font=Franklin Gothic Medium
    Gel Pens (when they first came out in about the 4th grade, people brought 40+ of them to school just to show them off). . [/font]
    geez, i still have mine, and yes they are still cool....i think,^^'. i remember the Gundam trading cards, those were popular, and uh..uh..um... thats about it for now
    BACK FROM FRANCE!!!!

Senior Member DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell has a reputation beyond repute DynastyxFell's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-03-2009 09:15 PM
    Threads

Heh. Yu-Gi-Oh cards were very popular early on, then began the era of..Pokemon. Everyone had Pokemon cards. And it was mostly just to show them off. Other than that, most people just talked with friends and such.
    エレクトロ・ワールド

The ground shook and cracked, the sun in the sky descended into my hand

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

In elementary school it was the Spice Girls. All of us girls would break off into our own little 'groups' of five where each of us was a Spice Girl. I was Sporty Spice, since I was the tom boy of our group. Any girl who was anybody was in on the Spice Girl fad
    XD
    As for the boys (and very few girls) it was the ORIGINAL (not that crap they have now) Power Rangers.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Reploid Hunter Megaman Zero X is on a distinguished road Megaman Zero X's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2006 04:36 PM
    Threads

when i was in elementary school everyone liked pokemon and yugioh cards.

"There are two types of people in this world: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Rukia Kun: MINE♥ der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt has a reputation beyond repute der Scharfschüt's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2006 05:26 PM
    Threads

I remember when everyone had Pokemon cards, omg I hated those things so badly(funny thing was back then I hated them because I thought japanese stuff was stupid......lol) that and around 5th grade we started playing football everyday all the way up to 8th(Scott Civilins! Best WR the world has seen to date! well at least the best TLS had seen lol)

hit with insane stick razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:37 PM
    Threads

Tamagotchi!!!!

EVERY ONE had to have them! kids would play them in class and get caught every day!! if you had a tamagotchi you were the greatest person alive.

oh man those were the days. i mustve gotten my tamagotchi taken away in class about 15 times and yet my teacher kept giving them back!
    A SPLENDIFOURUS SITE FOR VIDEO GAME LOVERS.. Or so I would like to think XD Please click the banner.

i love random pms! they tickle

random pms: 15
    more please?

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Pokemon cards, YuGiOh
    OO WEE! Fad of them all! I hate it that they got us with that outrageous sham! The high prices of those things and the fact that I was easily hypnotized by their cuteness and collectability. By the time Yu-Gi-Oh cards were released, I was smart to the idea and didn't fall into the trap.

Closed Thread

Thread Information