AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scared of Bridges?

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Scared of Bridges?

Ever drive under a bridge and wonder if it could collapse ontop of you, no earthquake, no bomb, just suddenly collapse.
    How about when you're driving on it, and the ground just collapses from under the wheels of your car?
    Maybe you're just innocently taking a walk under or over it...

Doesn't sound likely does it...

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/Nation...35381-sun.html

It happened.

There was no bomb, there was no earthquake the bridge just collapsed.

I mean if you take the time to read the full story you'll see this

"An inspector was sent to the overpass about half an hour before the tragedy on Saturday, after emergency calls reported chunks of concrete falling from the structure. Transport Minister Michel Despres said the inspector found no reason to close the overpass."

Giant Chunks of the bridge were falling. But they didn't think that the bridge was unstable. And it't not just one or two giant chunks, it's more and it happened in more than one instance before the bridge collapsed.

They issued an advisory for caution but they didn't think that giant chunks of the bridge falling was a reason to close the bridge.

Now, the deaths are minimal, and the casualities the same, but what if this had happened during rush hour? That's a popular bridge in dorval. (My family lives in dorval... it's a scary thought for me. All of them are fine.)

Most of all I'm shocked. 20 Metres of the bridge just, dropped. There was warning, but the warning was ignored and now five people are dead and six others injured. Something that could have been avoided wasn't.

It's not to make someone paranoid but more so cautious... I mean a bridge collapsed. I've always wondered if it could happen. And now I know.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-19-2015 12:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

o_O
    Jesus Christ!

Ive always had this thing where I wont walk over drains in the street...I just wont. Im afraid it'll give way and I'll fall in. Hey, if a bridge can do it, Im sure a drain can too.

voice of the nations Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2006 04:34 PM
    Threads

It does happen. Not a lot, but it does. Bridges, if not maintained, easily become obsolete and succumb to breakage. It's not good, obviously. Our bridge, the Mackinac Bridge, is up-kept year round and is one of the longest and sturdiest bridges to exist. I feel completely safe going over it and if I were to go under (which would have to be by boat) I would feel equally safe. Knowing is half the battle, but sometimes it's not enough. =\

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Tch, once again an arm of the Government fails to hold its own weight, no pun intended. Should never have happened, perhaps the inspector should have done his job. Perhaps the construction crews should have repaired and done the maintaince job correctly.

Perhaps our Government should stop giving contracts out to the lowest bidder.

Giv me donations. Please? XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX is infamous around these parts XSelymSivadX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-21-2007 05:48 PM
    Threads

i know im not afraid of bridges. there acually preety relaxing
    i WILL rule the World!!!

This is what i will do to you in battle!

Give me REP!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're infinitely more likely to get mowed down by a SUV when you cross the street than having a bridge drop on you.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Daisy LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity has a reputation beyond repute LadyPSerenity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

lol. Unfortunately tell that to the families of the five dead people. <3

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2014 10:56 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oddly enough, the same type of thing happened in Boston this August. A 10 ton section of the Sumner Tunnel collapsed and landed on a car, killing two people.
    But I must agree with Dieselmannen that the chances of this occuring is incredibly unlikely, though there is a possibility nontheless..

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

voice of the nations Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne has a brilliant future Lacus Clyne's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki
    Tch, once again an arm of the Government fails to hold its own weight, no pun intended. Should never have happened, perhaps the inspector should have done his job. Perhaps the construction crews should have repaired and done the maintaince job correctly.

Perhaps our Government should stop giving contracts out to the lowest bidder.
    You realize that it isn't the main "Government" (why you capitalized that is beyond me) that handles minor developments. When building the Mackinac Bridge, the current president of that time was not addressed about it. It's the individual state government and city governments that elect what is to go where, when and how. Quite generally, these minor governments (depending on the size of the project) pick the best local contractor and then begin the process as soon as possible. It isn't a nation wide event to build a bridge, building, etc. (Excluding obvious national monuments, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPSerenity
    And the six injured, two critically.

But what I don't understand is that there was a warning, so that link you gave said, yet no one heeded it. =\ Seems kind of like a dumb decision to make, to me.
    Last edited by Lacus Clyne; 10-02-2006 at 02:17 PM.

hoshi no furu basho de
    anata ga waratte irukoto wo
    itsumo negatteta
    ima tookutemo
    mata aeru yo ne

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

I will.

This is a freak occurance, and I send condolences to the families of the dead. However, this event has not struck fear into my heart and I wouldn't think twice about crossing a bridge... unless there's a bear blocking it. I'm afraid of bears.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I never thought of a bridge collapsing on me before. I have thought about the unstable supports when they were building bridges though. But I figure they know what they're doing enough to not have any problems.

Apparently not.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless111
    I will.

This is a freak occurance, and I send condolences to the families of the dead. However, this event has not struck fear into my heart and I wouldn't think twice about crossing a bridge... unless there's a bear blocking it. I'm afraid of bears.
    The attitude is unnecesarry, considering no one told you to be afraid. No one was expecting anything. It's a discussion. =\ I highly doubt you'd say anything other than "I'm sorry for your loss" to any of these families.

hoshi no furu basho de
    anata ga waratte irukoto wo
    itsumo negatteta
    ima tookutemo
    mata aeru yo ne

Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

LoL you people.

It's really not about being afraid. It is a freak occurance that something like this would happen. But it's more about the shock that it -did- happen.

But saying "It's like a one in a million chance" doesn't save the families of the people whom were hurt to know that their loved one died in a "Freak Accident." That's not going to console them any. That's not going to make them feel any better about their tragic loss.

Meh, I was more posting it as a disturbing story. For your information. I'm not scared of bridges but when I drive under or drive over them I do think "What if..." Doesn't stop me, I still do it.

And the warning that was giving was given over the radio and on the news, not everyone watches the news, not everyone listens to the radio. In my car I have a CD player, if lets say I actually bought CDs I would never listen to the radio, but I don't so I listen to the radio.

Anyway, the issue was more of a discussion over the incident. My biggest problem is the inspector who said the bridge was fine. Maybe next time he'll think more of it. That is IF he has a job still o.O

I don't know if I could live with that weight on my shoulders.

Though if I was in that I would damn well hope I was on the top! xD

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lacus Clyne
    You realize that it isn't the main "Government" (why you capitalized that is beyond me) that handles minor developments. When building the Mackinac Bridge, the current president of that time was not addressed about it. It's the individual state government and city governments that elect what is to go where, when and how. Quite generally, these minor governments (depending on the size of the project) pick the best local contractor and then begin the process as soon as possible. It isn't a nation wide event to build a bridge, building, etc. (Excluding obvious national monuments, etc.)
    Quebec provincial Gov't, Laval regional, whatever it is, they're all equally cheap. Why I capitalized it is frankly irrelevent and unimportant to all except spelling nazi's but maybe it has something to do with my job. I don't know or care really.

Off that derailment, watching CBC at work today they said they will have to use dental records to ID the victims. Man that's gruesome, apparently (still conjecture atm but most probable) was 2 in the same vehicle were a couple. Talk about a way to go man, just driving along and out of nowhere a bridge collapses on your car.

Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Dorval Regional ^_^;; And they are equally cheap. In fact more so. Quebec is infamous for cutting corners and if you ever drive in Quebec close your eyes you'll likely live longer.

People there just can't drive and pedestrians are idiots.

Back on the right tangent.

Yea, I don't think they'd get much in the terms of a face ID from the amount of concrete on their car... I'm suprised they'll get dental...

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Senior Member philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628 has a reputation beyond repute philmaster628's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2007 10:24 PM
    Threads

yea i sometimes get that feeling
    ...My Animeforum Family:
    Friend: xieshunnuan
    Friend: xiaxtuxning
    Brother: blackfuse81

Senior Member Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan has a reputation beyond repute Xieshunnuan's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2011 12:29 AM
    Threads

yea.....something happened lik that,a peice of the bridge fell of...

Senior Member Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy has a reputation beyond repute Middy's Avatar
    Gil
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2012 02:18 PM
    Threads

I once heard a weird story about a marching band that caused some sort of perfect resonance with a bridge's natural vibration, and the whole thing just collapsed. My friend told me about that... Don't know if its true, But for the longest time after I was always afraid that someone playing music would inadvertently cause the entire road to cave in!!

To the batcave, Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant is infamous around these parts Batman's Assistant's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2007 01:23 PM
    Threads

Yes.
    I'm scared.
    >>
    Thats why my family never wants to go on trips in the car.

Fast_As_Fire Fan
    Gan Fan
    Wonderwice Fan
    MaGeaX~ Fan
    jump_for_luck77 Fan

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dorval Regional ^_^;; And they are equally cheap. In fact more so. Quebec is infamous for cutting corners and if you ever drive in Quebec close your eyes you'll likely live longer.

People there just can't drive and pedestrians are idiots.
    See just shows that I know Quebec as much as I know southern Czechoslovakia. As far as terrible drivers, I always thought Pembroke had the absolute worst but I'm driving to st jean sur richeleu this weekend so maybe I'll be proven wrong.

And it may have been off mark but yes Quebec does cut corners and such, but speaking from someone with Gov't experience and having seen the contractors hired by them, I'm not impressed with anything done anywhere in the nation. Like I said, always the lowest bidder .. and this is what happens when you employ third rate companies and/or inspectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider
    I once heard a weird story about a marching band that caused some sort of perfect resonance with a bridge's natural vibration, and the whole thing just collapsed. My friend told me about that... Don't know if its true, But for the longest time after I was always afraid that someone playing music would inadvertently cause the entire road to cave in!!
    That is the reason that when marching across bridges, army soldiers purposely break step. It did happen once in the military and it is an actual order to break step before crossing one. Something like "company/squad/troop/battery/etc Break - Step!" and everybody on the right hand line does a "change step" drill movement to bring everyone out of sync.

Yes I know I double friggen posted, I meant to c/p this into my above post but forgot.

Heh, corrected the double post - LPS

Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki
    See just shows that I know Quebec as much as I know southern Czechoslovakia. As far as terrible drivers, I always thought Pembroke had the absolute worst but I'm driving to st jean sur richeleu this weekend so maybe I'll be proven wrong.

And it may have been off mark but yes Quebec does cut corners and such, but speaking from someone with Gov't experience and having seen the contractors hired by them, I'm not impressed with anything done anywhere in the nation. Like I said, always the lowest bidder .. and this is what happens when you employ third rate companies and/or inspectors.
    If you ever find yourself on Rue Du Neige, or anywhere in downtown once you're on the island you'll see what I mean. >.<

But if you value your car you might want to take it easy Pembroke is haven compared to Quebec.

An inspector no matter how much he's being paid should be taking care, obviously he didn't. And more so I think he should be liable partially for this incident. If he had closed the bridge and inspected it further perhaps (Not definate of course) those people might still be here today. Alas if it's your time it's your time.

www.sheynaevans.com
    PHOTOGRAPHER | WRITER

Out to save turtles Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea has a reputation beyond repute Bibi of the Blue Sea's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Gifts Portal Companion Cube Moon Crystal Locket Dice D20
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2011 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BibiTurtle Steam ID: BibiTurtle Wii Code: 6510-3075-8319-6972

Once I was stuck in a traffic jam on the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. I was out on the far lane and could oversee the Hudson. Then the bridge started to sway and I could hear the cables creaking and whining with the weight of the bridge. It was scary. Never get stuck on that bridge, it is old (that and traffic during peak hours in NY is a pain...).

Thanks for the sig Xey Oiz ^.^

hit with insane stick razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88 has a reputation beyond repute razzen88's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-08-2007 01:37 PM
    Threads

O.O okay i am NOT feeling any better about bridges! *huddles in corner in fetal position sucking thumb*
    A SPLENDIFOURUS SITE FOR VIDEO GAME LOVERS.. Or so I would like to think XD Please click the banner.

i love random pms! they tickle

random pms: 15
    more please?

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Lacus Clyne
    The attitude is unnecesarry, considering no one told you to be afraid. No one was expecting anything. It's a discussion. =\ I highly doubt you'd say anything other than "I'm sorry for your loss" to any of these families.
    You're right and wrong. I wasn't giving anyone any attitude. My attitude was indifferent. And this is, indeed, a discussion. I was discussing my fear, or lack thereof, of bridges. I wasn't shocked by the story. I wasn't affected at all. And I did mention that I send my condonlences to the families, didn't I? You're right that I'd say, "I'm sorry for your loss." You're wrong, I'd also say, "I mean, geez, what're the chances of that?"

I don't see how you connect my post to negativity, or at least you make it seem that way.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Senior Member Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic has a reputation beyond repute Sakura Holic's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2010 06:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

YES! I am scared!
    There is a bridge that connects the other side of the road, because I lake is under the bridge, and I always buckle my seat belt when I go through.
    And bridges can wear out!

[[ ~Missing the old アンティック-珈琲店~ ]]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information